Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: TV General Thread

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else interested in the latest adaptation of "Jekyll and Hyde" airing tomorrow.

A loose adaptation, described as "Victorian Men in Black" by one tv critic.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Hm, do webseries count for this thread too?

Banned
    Sure whatever

Alright then! The 1.5mil views youtube shortfilm "Gay Mean Girls" is being turned into a webseries. Here's the trailer! I'm super excited for it

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i thought you meant mean boyz.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

After the new episode I can safely say that this season is 100% worth keeping up with. Steady, unsettling atmosphere in the previous episodes, to downright terrifying in this one. From the beginning with the maid revealing herself as one of the Winneville Chicken Coop Murders victim's mother up to the grotesque, incredibly disturbing banquet of famous serial killers, this episode did everything right - although plot-wise, very little happened. Chloe Sevigny finds out her son is a vampire and decides to have the Countess turn her into one too (they're gonna make every actor and actress kiss Gaga, aren't they?), while her cop husband meets spooky dead serial killers. Not much story development, but opens up lots of possibilities from here on out. I haven't checked the general reaction of the fanbase to this, but the cop husband being invited to the serial killer banquet because he's the serial killer all along has to be a popular theory.

Other thoughts regarding this episode: Pls let Sevigny at least live as a happy vampire mom or something, I just want to see her happy, her character is so nice protect her . Lily Rabe's performance as Aileen Wuornos was top. I want to like Sarah Paulson's character with her whole scheme as evil, abusive addict who still cares about others, but I don't think I can and I don't think I'm supposed to. Cop Husband with Generic White Handsome Actor is still uh.. about as generic as his white handsome actor. I really dislike how heavily the season is focused on him consistently being astoundingly boring. Maybe this is all so it comes off as a surprise if he's revealed to be the killer? And the hell happens to their daughter now? Mom is vampire-fyed, Brother is vampire-fyed, Dad is busy being drunk in a murder hotel - I'm gonna go on a limp and say she'll soon join the vampire part of her family.

Based on the premise of Episode 5 it'll probably go down the road with the Countess as the villain, seeing how it's spiraling with Sevigny apparently saving a kid by turning him into a vampire herself. Maybe the Finale's gonna be full Shiki style with everyone going vampire hunting. (and by that I mean please don't that'd be an awfully convenient way of resolving every conflict)

Blog Entries
    Daughter is the killer, calling it now. Pretty convenient how she "found" the bodies in their house in the first episode imo. "Oh, no, daddy, I couldn't kill them I was at dinner with you." It's the perfect alibi.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    so, South Park took on yaoi.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    so, South Park took on yaoi.
    Few decades late on that one.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    yeah i was confused since they already did their "make fun of anime" episode once and its basically the same thing after that
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it was really about yaoi though. That was just a thing to kick off the plot.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I started watching Castle because there's supposedly Firefly references in it.
    And it's pretty watchable.
    unlike once upon a time.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I don't think it was really about yaoi though. That was just a thing to kick off the plot.
    I think it's a crack at people shiping two characters who aren't even gay in the first place.

That and/or PC people actually have no idea what the fuck they are talking about, and being overly-supportive drowns out you actually caring about the people. Rather focusing on their 'strong, beautiful love'.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; October 29th, 2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    Yeah that second one.

it's pretty watchable unlike once upon a time.
    Fight me.

Banned
    Lol Once Upon a Time

I enjoy it!!

Banned
    Then you should read Fables, because they bought the licence for a Fables TV series and then made Once Upon a Time so they wouldn't have to pay royalties.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Fight me.
    Me too!

Okay well it's a guilty pleasure.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    I enjoy it!!
    me too
    doesn't mean it's good or even watchable.

Can't believe their king arthur isn't even a girl.