Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: TV General Thread

I take everything back I hate Frank he is so not cute im glad i hated him at first fukc this guy

I'm almost caught up with Steven Universe and I have to say it feels like something's missing? Like, the show has been okay so far but no defining great moment happened or anything. It's just a.. pretty good kid's show? Maybe the next 9 episodes will have something incredible. I still believe in it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    It's just a.. pretty good kid's show?
    The sad truth of every cartoon with an even sadder adult fanbase.

At least it's more engaging to watch as adult than MLP

Blog Entries
    Well, yeah, it's not like it's my least favorite thing that comes on when I'm babysitting my sister on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    The sad truth of every cartoon with an even sadder adult fanbase.
    TreePac Artemis Stalloff5 months ago
    Even Mayor Dewey knows Pearl is best girl and waifu material-eru.

actual comment under an episode

I.. I don't know

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Man, Rick and Morty is like one of the best adult cartoon shows ever.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    TreePac Artemis Stalloff5 months ago
    Even Mayor Dewey knows Pearl is best girl and waifu material-eru.

actual comment under an episode

I.. I don't know

This is the result of a generation with anime at their fingertips on the internet trying to reconcile that experience with the cartoons on television.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Okay, I've watched up to the most recent episode now. I can see why young adults like this show in the same way as young adults like DBZ, Naruto or Sailor Moon. It's build up pretty similar: There are new arcs and story lines starting every 2 or 3 episodes, with occasionally a single episode out-of-arc being thrown in, and the show's world and characters grow and develop from this. This separates it from kids shows that always reset back to 0 at the start of the next episode, which I assume still makes up the majority of cartoon television since it did when I was a kid.

I personally enjoy watching it but wouldn't obsess over it (might be because I don't obsess over shows like the three listed above). Probably gonna watch it weekly or monthly until my interest in it dies out - as of now, I still want to see more of it's world and characters. After all, it is a very fascinating world Rebecca Sugar created here.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the last episode of Black Adder again. Damn ending gets me every time

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Started Rick and Morty yesterday, I'm at like episode 3 or 4 of second season at today. It's pretty fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Matt and Trey show their music talents yet again.

Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I tuned into that episode and that ceremony thing directly preceding it was the first thing I saw of the episode. Once that song started up I was just thanking god I didn't watch the rest, since it looked like it was one of those episodes. I know they were never really highbrow or anything, but whatever happened to the satire and subtly they had even a few years ago?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, I liked the scenes of Gerald composing his Yelp reviews in his study like some kind of tortured artist. It wasn't really a gross out episode, outside of Cartman factoring poop consistency into his Yelp reviews, and the song at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I don't know, I liked the scenes of Gerald composing his Yelp reviews in his study like some kind of tortured artist. It wasn't really a gross out episode, outside of Cartman factoring poop consistency into his Yelp reviews, and the song at the end.
    I think the song was the punchline. The previous episodes had progressives, who are very arrogant, pretty much win. Here it's arrogant Yelp reviewers who think its all about them and up their own asses. The song at the end was pretty much the town restaurants getting back at them.

The self-entitled think they've won, but really they've lost and they don't even know it.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Update on Monster TV Series. HBO didn't take.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

I'm catching up to the new AHS season just to watch Lady Gaga and Angela Bassett have sex and it better be worth it

Banned
    Blog Entries
    uhhh why dont you just uhhhh give me the specific episode

Season 5 Episode 3

they have sex when they're young in a flashback and then again in the present or something like that I haven't seen it yet myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    wow bless