Thread: Attempting to create Fanfiction of Type-Moon v. Capcom Crossover / Want opinions

Attempting to create Fanfiction of Type-Moon v. Capcom Crossover / Want opinions

Hey there everybody, I wanted to come onto the forums to see what people think about a Type-Moon / Capcom crossover. A little about myself first, I am a huge fan of both companies and know the stories of their major franchises from Tsukihime, Fate/stay night (all routes), Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and so on. I am writing script for some personal project right now, but I thought that I may be able to improve my writing skills with creating a fanfic between two great universes.

With that said, I am only on the synopsis right now. The story's main antagonist will most likely be an original character that can be the living embodiment of the several antagonists found in both universes. This antagonist would be trying to use the Greater Grail to unfold the events that transpire within this universe. I should add that I would like this to be a "What if" universe where Type-Moon and Capcom characters and events happened in the same collective setting.

Most characters would be major to the plot while others may be pop ins and a couple of minor/supporting characters. Of course characters like Saber and Arcueid and other popular TM characters would be major. The Capcom side may need some more depth. Ryu, main protagonist of Street Fighter, can have some connection to Angra with that All the World's Evil being connected to the Satsui no Hado. This could also be the source of Akuma/Gouki's powers and ability to perform Shun Goku Satsu. Vergil of the DMC fame may know of the Grail from learning about it from trying to obtain power, which is why he seeks it. I am still thinking of concepts currently and would also like to hear your opinions.

One last thought; I know that there is a HUGE power gap between characters of both fictions and I know of the many debates between characters of TM are also prevalent. I think the power gap discussion should be kept at a minimum, but I will mention a few things first. Capcom has had many crossovers in the past and the most popular is the Marvel based crossovers. If Capcom characters can keep up with fighting the superhumans, demons, and gods of Marvel, I believe that they can attempt to take on TM characters. When writing though, I want it to feel believable. I honestly believe that characters from the Devil May Cry series can be on par with even the servants with A level Noble Phantasms.

Thanks for taking time to read and would like to hear from y'all.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    This thread would be more suited for your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3