Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Senran Kagura series (3DS/Vita)

If you want to see what will be covered in tomorrow's live stream, news has leaked as to what it will entail (if you don't want to wait until then).

Blog Entries

Definitely looks to run smoother. I'll be interested to see how the switching works out.

The Great Challenge of Our Time

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Was important to me...........
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    anal is what's important to you?
    nice priorities =_=
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    It's not important to you?

Thanks to TheSpy for the Sig pic~

LOAD "*" ,8,1

Estival Versus
    will be out in Japan for Vita and PS4 next March:

Last edited by Nerroth; October 3rd, 2014 at 02:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if anyone will appreciate me digging up this old thread, but I don't think enough people care enough one way or the other, given its rather... meager size.

'Sides, everyone's busy with Grand Order, anyways.
    In any case, I just got Senran Kagura 2 the other day. Pretty fun, although I'd really appreciate it if enemies would sell my attacks more often.

Spoiler:
    On that note, FUCK DOGEN. No, really.

I miss being able to block like I could back in Versus... then again, the same issue was present in Burst, but at least Burst allowed me to break out of combos. Meh, I guess I just need to "git gud," as people tend to say.

So! Does anyone else happen to have gotten this game, yet? And, if so, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Golden_Sorcerer; September 17th, 2015 at 10:27 PM.
    "Lead the way, Arthur - the others will follow."
    "Grab the Light!"

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, Gil is a character where the stronger you are the less likely you are to win, Because Gil might stop jobbing.

Karna is just too strong to beat Gil.
    My friend's go-to response whenever I start explaining Nasuverse lore
    "I really admire the Nasuverse for being as good as it is, despite everything about it sounding like a 14-year-old's masterpiece fanfiction, lovingly centered around his deviantart-OC-Do-Not-Steal."

I have, I think the camera and targeting kinda suck now, and having the entire first chapter be a retread of the last chapter of last game was a pretty big mistake.

This game takes way too long to actually get moving with its new storyline, and said storyline contradicts shinovi versus, but then again, that had multiple storylines that contradicted each other, so I don't know what I expected.

I'm having some fun, but the Youma are just kind of boring as villains, and I was expecting Dogen to look less..... businessman-ish

EDIT: The game actually does start to get somewhat interesting when you hit Kyoto, but like, it's a decent bit less fun than the others before that.
    Last edited by Megas; September 18th, 2015 at 12:25 AM.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    I have, I think the camera and targeting kinda suck now, and having the entire first chapter be a retread of the last chapter of last game was a pretty big mistake.

This game takes way too long to actually get moving with its new storyline, and said storyline contradicts shinovi versus, but then again, that had multiple storylines that contradicted each other, so I don't know what I expected.

I'm having some fun, but the Youma are just kind of boring as villains, and I was expecting Dogen to look less..... businessman-ish

EDIT: The game actually does start to get somewhat interesting when you hit Kyoto, but like, it's a decent bit less fun than the others before that.
    To be fair, it's been established that the Versus games are side games with a continuity of their own past the ending of Burst, so it's only natural that there would be clear divergences. And, on the topic of Burst itself, while both routes ended more-or-less the same, there were clear differences in how events played out before that, as well (The way the girls first met, the initial battles over the Scroll, etc.).

I will definitely have to agree that the camera is... still not great. There are definitely more than a few times I've taken hits I could've easily avoided if the camera hadn't angled itself awkwardly. Oh well. At least it isn't quite as spastic as it was in Versus, am I right?
    "Grab the Light!"

Yeah, Gil is a character where the stronger you are the less likely you are to win, Because Gil might stop jobbing.

"I really admire the Nasuverse for being as good as it is, despite everything about it sounding like a 14-year-old's masterpiece fanfiction, lovingly centered around his deviantart-OC-Do-Not-Steal."

I've just more come to the conclusion that this game doesn't really have a consistent timeline, but that really doesn't matter much.

I dunno if I agree on Versus though, as at least I could control the damn camera and it focused on who I was targeting in that one, this one the enemy I've targeted just runs off screen with just little arrows pointing to where general area they are is currently.

I have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off if it's in a boss arena and attempt to follow the arrows pointing to where the enemy might have been five seconds ago. This means a lot of random special moves come out of nowhere because I can't freaking see.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    I've just more come to the conclusion that this game doesn't really have a consistent timeline, but that really doesn't matter much.

I dunno if I agree on Versus though, as at least I could control the damn camera and it focused on who I was targeting in that one, this one the enemy I've targeted just runs off screen with just little arrows pointing to where general area they are is currently.

I have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off if it's in a boss arena and attempt to follow the arrows pointing to where the enemy might have been five seconds ago. This means a lot of random special moves come out of nowhere because I can't freaking see.
    Actually, Deep Crimson's equivalent to the air follow-up move in previous games happens to more-or-less perfectly home in on an enemy's location, so you can actually do that instead of following the arrows. That being said, it does put you at risk of being directly hit by the enemy, but it seems to give some invincibility frames at least, so if you can time it properly, you shouldn't have too many problems.

On Versus, I distinctly remember having more than a few issues with the way the camera would relentlessly follow the enemy you're locked on to. It's not necessarily that big a deal against some of the slower enemies, but against opponents like the speedsters (Ikaruga, Imu, etc.), who could easily dash all over the place, it becomes something of a hassle. Rin, for example, wouldn't have been nearly as difficult if her speed blitzing didn't have the side effect of constantly getting her out of the lock-on's range.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a lot of the special moves in Deep Crimson, at least on the enemy side, tend to have some sort of audio or visual cue, so if you can pay close attention, you might have enough time to get out of the way. Homura, for example, yells, "Yo!" everytime she's about to do her Fire Hadoken thingy, so even if she's offscreen, you should have enough time to, say, jump above where it's going to be.
    "Grab the Light!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    So far I think I prefer Versus to Deep Crimson. Haven't gotten very far in it, but it didn't have the cramped feeling so often I get from this. Both of them are a bit awkward for me because breasts that large animated like that look kinda weird in motion.

But no matter the game, one thing remains true. I. Hate. Hibari.

Edit
    Will admit that the monster you fight in DC is cool. Wish you didn't have to wait for that heroic speech to play out in real time as you're dodging its attacks before you can start hurting it and I don't get why it took so much damage the first time I fought it compared to the second.
    Last edited by Grant; September 18th, 2015 at 11:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So far I think I prefer Versus to Deep Crimson. Haven't gotten very far in it, but it didn't have the cramped feeling so often I get from this. Both of them are a bit awkward for me because breasts that large animated like that look kinda weird in motion.
    There's gonna be a boob slider DLC, you know. You could potentially make everyone flat as
    Mirai
    an ironing board
    , if you like!

- - - Updated - - -

You could also give Mirai funbags the size of basketballs. Hmmm... now I'm wondering whether or not that'll have any effect on her Shinobi Transformation cutscene.
    "Grab the Light!"