Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: LOLheadcanon

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    pretty sure they don't close up because of the fifth being their time limit but because Ilya was their greatest masterpiece.
    If even Ilya can't make it, why even try anymore.
    Last edited by You; October 26th, 2015 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I had heard that. What were the exact details? Just "they give up on using the Holy Grail" or is it more like "they give up on recovering the Third" or "they give up and collapse as a family and basically cease to exist"?
    It was basically 'whelp, if Ilya the super homunculus couldn't manage it, I guess the GW is a crapshot.'

Which I personally think is just BS they were feeding her to make her fight harder, but whatever.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    That defeatist attitude is why they never won a Grail War. Disgusting.

Now I'm glad I didn't start writing my First Grail War fic. Einzbern sound much more interesting to portray now.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The fact that she's part of the strongest Einzbern Master/Servant team means it's not necessarily false.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    That defeatist attitude is why they never won a Grail War. Disgusting.

Now I'm glad I didn't start writing my First Grail War fic. Einzbern sound much more interesting to portray now.
    Lies and slander, they totally won the 4th War.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Darn that Kiritsugu for metaphorically winning the race and then destroying the trophy because the trophy turned out to be a bomb.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Darn that Kiritsugu for metaphorically winning the race and then destroying the trophy because the trophy turned out to be a bomb.
    Basically a Looney Tunes plot when you think about it
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Basically a Looney Tunes plot when you think about it
    If Kerry is Road Runner and Kirei is Wile E. then yeah that totally fits.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's one slick reference to Time Alter.

JP Friend Code
    Poor little Road Runner never bothers anyone,
    Just runnin' down the road's his idea of having fun.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In the Hollow Ataraxia continuity, Lancer will often buy a whole bunch of beer, then take it up to the Ryuudou Temple gate and proceed to get drunk with Assassin.

Saber is a total lady killer by complete accident. She doesn't get why girls are so fond of her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Going through the scan now:
    So Einzbern were set up 1 CE.
    The apprentices' plan was to make their master. So then the master they would have made would have Heaven's Feel. To use an analogy, if you made a Ryougi you'd have made someone with Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
    Went on for 900 years full of failure. At the end they made Justicia, a homunculus.
    Justicia was an accident. When they made her they didn't expect anything but they got something with the talent of their master or even above it.
    Apprentices were displeased, cos even if she could use Heaven's Feel for a bit, she was a mutation, an accident.
    But whatevs they got their Third Magic right? Or at least proof of it.
    So going on with this theory, they decided to mass produce homunculi thinking that if they got Justicia, it'd be a matter of course until they got something better than her. So they were tired and they made Acht who would be the "father" of all the homunculi.

The problem with Justicia was that she took several years just to "save" one person. So it was pretty impossible to "save" everyone cough shirou kotomine cough. While Justicia didn't age, she was incredibly weak and couldn't leave the castle. Basically a stiff breeze would kill her.
    Also her intelligence and mind didn't age at all so for her it was like "seeing the same day for eternity." She never grew.
    And if she went outside to actually learn stuff, she would be basically committing suicide cos stiff breeze.
    So they made something that exceeded humanity but couldn't save humanity, either way they reached the limit of their ability.
    So some apprentices left, some committed suicide.

Either way the homunculi who were left behind followed the mission. Save humanity, make a miracle reappear.
    All homunculi made after used Justicia as a basis.

A lot more stuff but it's late.
    At one point the Einzbern wanted to make the Greater Grail in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The apprentices' plan was to make their master. So then the master they would have made would have Heaven's Feel. To use an analogy, if you made a Ryougi you'd have made someone with Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
    Went on for 900 years full of failure. At the end they made Justicia, a homunculus.
    Justicia was an accident. When they made her they didn't expect anything but they got something with the talent of their master or even above it.
    Apprentices were displeased, cos even if she could use Heaven's Feel for a bit, she was a mutation, an accident.
    So going on with this theory, they decided to mass produce homunculi thinking that if they got Justicia, it'd be a matter of course until they got something better than her. So they were tired and they made Acht who would be the "father" of all the homunculi.

The problem with Justicia was that she took several years just to "save" one person. So it was pretty impossible to "save" everyone cough shirou kotomine cough. While Justicia didn't age, she was incredibly weak and couldn't leave the castle. Basically a stiff breeze would kill her.
    Also her intelligence and mind didn't age at all so for her it was like "seeing the same day for eternity." She never grew.
    And if she went outside to actually learn stuff, she would be basically committing suicide cos stiff breeze.
    So they made something that exceeded humanity but couldn't save humanity, either way they reached the limit of their ability.

Either way the homunculi who were left behind followed the mission. Save humanity, make a miracle reappear.

This stuff is goddamn gold. Though it sort of ruins my "justica and zolgen hang out at a sleazy bar in manchurian china and nagato and zel stumble upon them and they get drunk around the fireplace and all decide to be heroes together" mental image.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Oh wow, this is really fascinating.

So a bunch of magi came together to create a Magician, and ended up with Justicia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I'm actually going to be annoyed if it's eventually revealed that basically every party involved in creating the HGW originally totes wanted to 'save humanity', like some easily-redeemed shounen villain

where is the horrendous nihilism and amorality that the concept of 'magus' implied to begin with
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I'm actually going to be annoyed if it's eventually revealed that basically every party involved in creating the HGW originally totes wanted to 'save humanity', like some easily-redeemed shounen villain

where is the horrendous nihilism and amorality that the concept of 'magus' implied to begin with
    Referencing Naruto much?

I really do not think that Magi are nihilistic, though they are disturbingly amoral at times.

According to Tokiomi, all three wanted to reach the Root together at some point, but Zouken became obsessed with getting immortality, and the Einzbern just wanted to win for the sake of winning.
    Well, I was thinking about Hill of Swords when I did my first Fate fanfiction. But it wasn't for the plot so much as "f***, I can do a better Shirou than that."
    Arashi's guide to writing the characters of Tsukihime:

Shiki: The less he talks, the more badass he is.
    Arc: All things are relevant to how bored she is.
    Ciel: Only sane woman. Also, responsibility.
    Akiha: Focus on pride-aspect of tsundereness.
    Hisui: Actually the boke to Kohaku's tsukkomi, but has a complete straight face.
    Kohaku: Overcompensating genki. Go overboard with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Gecko View Post
    I really do not think that Magi are nihilistic, though they are disturbingly amoral at times.
    i should be writing my dissertation right now so let me just Ctrl-V a conversation I had with the late Christemo about this topic

(we're talking about Demimondaine)
    [3/10/2015 11:46:57 PM] Dullahan: it's really an outgrowth of a particular thought Lio has in MIAL in one of his rants
    [3/10/2015 11:47:11 PM] Dullahan: talking about how Magi are very acquainted with the scientific method
    [3/10/2015 11:48:20 PM] Dullahan: the practice of magecraft is a science
    [3/10/2015 11:48:49 PM] Dullahan: a science that has assumed the proper operative field of religion
    [3/10/2015 11:50:01 PM] Dullahan: now, Nietzsche's critique of christianity centred around - among other things - its otherworldliness
    [3/10/2015 11:50:54 PM] Dullahan: i. e. its emphasis of a world other than this one as the purpose of human existence
    [3/10/2015 11:51:44 PM] Dullahan: the big N wasn't much a fan of that; he declaimed that down that road only nihilism awaited
    [3/10/2015 11:52:15 PM] Dullahan: now, magecraft is similarly otherworldly
    [3/10/2015 11:52:57 PM] Dullahan: in the minds of its true practitioners, it is a belief system that emphasises the importance of something that is manifestly NOT the world of experience/matter/etc as the purpose of existence
    [3/10/2015 11:53:04 PM] Dullahan: i.e. gotta reach dat Origin
    [3/10/2015 11:53:32 PM] Christemo: GOTTA GO MAGIC
    [3/10/2015 11:53:43 PM] Dullahan: the difference is that Nasuland is a universe in which the supernatural is real, and thus magecraft is where Nietzsche was wrong
    [3/10/2015 11:54:21 PM] Dullahan: the Magi persist in this otherworldly ideology
    [3/10/2015 11:54:31 PM] Dullahan: and it makes them nihilistic only with respect to this world
    [3/10/2015 11:54:44 PM] Dullahan: but nihilists they are not
    [3/10/2015 11:54:50 PM] Dullahan: because there ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING THERE
    [3/10/2015 11:54:59 PM] Dullahan: Aoko can punch people with it
    [3/10/2015 11:55:49 PM] Dullahan: this is why Clock Tower needs to be Byrgenwerth and not Hogwarts
    [3/10/2015 11:56:35 PM] Dullahan: imagine what the Vatican city would be like if Heaven was visible from the earth's surface, all the way up to the empyrean circles & other dantean locales
    [3/10/2015 11:57:04 PM] Dullahan: a Magus isn't a believer - he/she is a KNOWER
    [3/10/2015 11:57:21 PM] Dullahan: that's what Touko is talking about in her 'glint of the Truth in her eye' paragraph
    [3/10/2015 11:57:30 PM] Christemo: I love that
    [3/10/2015 11:57:59 PM] Dullahan: makes me glad
    [3/10/2015 11:58:12 PM] Dullahan: story can make you love it and make you want to vomit
    [3/10/2015 11:58:17 PM] Dullahan: sign of quality
    [3/10/2015 11:58:24 PM] Christemo: ye
    [3/10/2015 11:59:28 PM] Dullahan: furthermore, this is why I wrote a Magus like Kilgardie and not like Zouken
    [4/10/2015 12:00:04 AM] Christemo: reading your good shit makes me wish I was less lazy about Eulyphis, because I get so many ideas for it
    [4/10/2015 12:00:13 AM] Dullahan: do it faggot
    [4/10/2015 12:01:15 AM] Dullahan: see, zouken is really far too much about the visceral
    [4/10/2015 12:01:40 AM] Dullahan: guy smirks while having lolis tentacle-pooned
    [4/10/2015 12:01:56 AM] Dullahan: he's an exaggeration, a punch-and-judy character
    [4/10/2015 12:02:05 AM] Dullahan: Kilgardie was deliberately made the opposite of that
    [4/10/2015 12:02:18 AM] Dullahan: we relate to him through his publications, which have quite boring, scholarly titles
    [4/10/2015 12:03:01 AM] Dullahan: where zouken is, in a twisted sense, a Romantic - he's in it for his dream of immortality - Kilgardie is a pure Enlightenment character
    [4/10/2015 12:03:59 AM] Dullahan: his is absolute scholarly detachment, even while he's kidnapping almost a hundred women to steal their wombs for insane bloodborne-ish research
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    my god

inb4 Black Knight Satellite

And this was the route that had to be cut. :/
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; October 26th, 2015 at 07:43 AM.

Blog Entries

How... unexpected. Saving humanity, bleh.

Out of curiosity, which scan did you retrieve this info from?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    [UBW S2] booklet.