Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: LOLheadcanon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    you think nasu has ocd

"one of these families didnt completely forget why the hell they were doing this, quickly lets fix that"
    The Tohsaka stayed on track until Rin!

Tokiomi did his best.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    bad old Nasu
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do romance languages do the Ju=Yu thing?
    We do in several Spanish dialects, it's called yeísmo.

I'm no linguist so bear with me.

AFAIK, the start of the Classic Latin version, Iustitia (lit. justice), would be pronounced like the Japanese yu. Although Church Latin would write it as justitia (remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade).

Then there's that -tsa. It sounds more like an Italian-ish -za than a Latin -tia, hence my proposal of Justiza. You could go full Italian and make it Giustiza or Giustizia (the latter of which is the actual Italian for justice), but I don't think that "giu" could be pronounced as Japanese "yu" under any circumstances. I remember many BL people used to call her Justizia, for the record.

But yeah, Susan.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 26th, 2015 at 11:53 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    This of course begs the question of what happens to the Einzbern "family" now that Illya is gone.

I would guess they just start breaking down and the entire estate goes to seed, but it could also be a cool post-HGW5 jumping off point about Shirou or Waver or whoever else investigating the decrepit Einzbern manor to search out any survivors or raid the place for cool alchemical loot. Most magi seem like they would be opportunistic enough for it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Basically I know it's useless to even argue about this because most people have already formulated their own mental pronunciation based on their preferred spelling of the name and will not consider that we're talking about how to spell a name that is pronounced yoos-tee-zeh no matter what letters you use, but I do it anyway because I love to suffer

Anyway.

Probably best to not say Acht when you mean Jubstacheit now that we know that Acht is just his 8th terminal and probably wasn't made until way later.

Speaking of Jubstacheit he really is just an AI, he doesn't have a humanoid personality or anything, just makes his terminals act as if they do. And is compared to a forgotten old clock that keeps on ticking anyway.
    I don't know how to spell Justzeae or whatever consistantly.
    and I definitely don't know how to spell Jubstacheit. Maybe i'll just used "Acht's terminal"

- - - Updated - - -

I;m busy today so i'll let koto take care of the next page and a half of the einzbern history.
    This is like 4 dictionary entries long.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    This of course begs the question of what happens to the Einzbern "family" now that Illya is gone.

I would guess they just start breaking down and the entire estate goes to seed, but it could also be a cool post-HGW5 jumping off point about Shirou or Waver or whoever else investigating the decrepit Einzbern manor to search out any survivors or raid the place for cool alchemical loot. Most magi seem like they would be opportunistic enough for it.
    Oh that's kinda indirectly mentioned. The Einzberns had a family of human magus "tuners" living near the castle who work for them by doing stuff for them in town cause they can't go out themselves (they're also pretty good magi). And there's only one guy left who was also like a butler who taught them about the world, and it's unknown what he decided to do "after Illya lost and Jubstacheit shut himself down".

So uh RIP Einzberns I guess.

Blog Entries
    Oh that's kinda indirectly mentioned. The Einzberns had a family of human magus "tuners" living near the castle who work for them by doing stuff for them in town cause they can't go out themselves (they're also pretty good magi). And there's only one guy left who was also like a butler who taught them about the world, and it's unknown what he decided to do "after Illya lost and Jubstacheit shut himself down".

So uh RIP Einzberns I guess.
    The Einzberns seemed like dicks when I first started reading Fate. All of this supplementary stuff just makes me feel bad for them.

Thank you, Koto

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    someone write sad fanfiction about that guy
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    someone write sad fanfiction about that guy
    Find me a sad fanfiction about a guy that Leo wrote and ill make a sad fanfiction about that guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Find me a sad fanfiction about a guy that Leo wrote and ill make a sad fanfiction about that guy.
    An Ode To A Nasuverse Magus Trapped in the Dreary Reality of The US Military
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo-chan View Post
    An Ode To A Nasuverse Magus Trapped in the Dreary Reality of The US Military
    makes sense

canon already dictates that seamen contain tremendous magical energy
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    makes sense

thank you tobias that was wait

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    makes sense

The US navy actually has more magical energy than the clocktower, discuss.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    drake's fire ships were actually suicide magical energy bombings by her crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    makes sense

Yes but how could he harness all those seamen...
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Ok since You asked me to summarize the rest I'm gonna do it, it's super shaky though

So 500 years after the magi were gone, the homunculi make a plan to use Justeaze to reproduce the Third on a wide scale. They figure they can't replicate her after all, so they were gonna keep her forever, but they're robots and will pick whatever has the highest probability of success so they reach a consensus to use her. (Actually Jubstacheit was the only one against it)

Since Justeaze can only use the third on one person over decades, they use her to make a bigger ritual to save multiple people at once. They plan to disassemble Justeaze's circuits, and make a "humanoid universe" (???), which is the great grail. (I think this is where You got the "grail in space" thing from but I'm p sure she is the space, I don't really get it though)

But they needed a human to help get it off the ground because they can't enter human society on their own, and in 1800 Zolken comes along. He's mostly given up on trying to eliminate evil by that point but the Einzberns were his last hope. So they have Makiri as a partner and Tohsaka as a cooperator and built the great grail, but they needed magical energy and a lesser grail to control it. So Makiri and Tohsaka make the grail war to gather magical energy, Einzbern makes the lesser grail. And after 10 years they do the grail war and it works, but they fail because magi fight over who gets to use the grail, because Einzberns are pure robots who didn't realize obviously humans are going to do that.

So the Einzberns have no Justeaze so while working to restart the great grail they go back to their original focus on manufacturing a perfect homunculus. Which brings us to Illya and Iri. And then there's the bit about the tuners that I mentioned which is basically just Nasu going "oh here's a little anecdote that has nothing to do with anything, BTW AFTER ILLYA DIES JUBSTACHEIT SHUTS DOWN"

And then at the end Nasu gets poetic and is like, hey, say there was a doll that said "I love you", you'd realize pretty soon that it's just repeating prerecorded phrases and the emotions it expresses are fake, and you get tired and throw it out, right? Well that's because you're looking at it from a human perspective, but machines don't lie and just innocently do what they've been told to do. And a machine loses its value (life) not when they become obsolete, but when humans can no longer stand that purity.

So. Sad robots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    and I definitely don't know how to spell Jubstacheit. Maybe i'll just used "Acht's terminal"
    Well, it's the opposite. Jubstacheit is the castle's main brain, Acht is one of the terminals. That's why he's called eight, he's meat puppet #8.

Also I don't think there's even an official spelling so don't worry about spelling it wrong.
    Last edited by Kotonoha; October 26th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't this convo be in the UBW anime thread?
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    But then Reddit will find it and then it will probably turn out I made some huge lore mistake but it will be everywhere and become fanon and I can never take it back.

And then there's the bit about the tuners that I mentioned which is basically just Nasu going "oh here's a little anecdote that has nothing to do with anything, BTW AFTER ILLYA DIES JUBSTACHEIT SHUTS DOWN"
    So I guess this is what they meant by the Acht turning off the power source thing in Illyas flashback?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had known this stuff when I started writing Hearts. Although I think I can make it work with a few adjustments.