Page 1 of 26 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Latest Bans

Blog Entries

The Latest Bans

Because this was obviously going to get a whole lot of questions, so we might as well deal with it right away.

We recently got hold of information which shed some new light on the situation surrounding Break's ban, and the actions of a few forum members in provoking and encouraging his behaviour. We were shown a conversation in which this group discussed their actions; after looking into it, we found BL posts confirming the the basic facts of that conversation and the intent of those involved. After the usual rounds of discussion and votes, we decided on the measures below for the serious offenders:

Break remains banned.
    We had lots of different reasons for deciding on this, sometimes while rejecting each other's views, despite agreeing on the actual result. Broadly, the strains of thought were that:
    1) He might have been provoked, but he wasn't provoked badly enough to justify his rule-breaking; the offences therefore stood, and so would his ban.
    2) The ban was agreed on for a repeated and compulsive pattern of behaviour. Even if we took away that one offence, the whole pattern was still very much present. Relatedly, Break was actually offending too fast for us to keep up, with even more infractions occurring during the debate which led to his final perma. In short, this wasn't a matter of a final straw breaking the camel's back: Break had several more straws than were necessary to kill our poor camel. Taking that into account, he should probably be perma-banned even without us considering this one occasion.
    3) Having banned Break, there wasn't any real point in unbanning him when it seemed clear that he would continue. If all the warnings and even the last-ditch ultimatums didn't stop him, we doubted that a reversed perma would be able to do it either.

Strife is given a public warning and a week-long ban.
    Strife goaded Break the most directly of the merrie band. Although the final decision was that he hadn't done anything so bad as for us to put more than a single formal warning on his record, we really wanted to underline that this kind of behaviour is not on. You don't get to troll people, and certainly not in an attempt to use the mods as your personal beating stick. Because of that, he gets a special extended holiday to go with the warning.

Christemo is permanently banned.
    Christemo also prodded at Break alongside Strife, and was the one to press the report button as soon as he could, which some of us found especially unpleasant. This being (more than) his third warnable offence while on a second permanent strike, he's at last stretched our patience too far. As per the rules, he gets his perma.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    So, just so everyone knows, the conversation in question took place in a chatroom in full view of 3 mods
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo-chan View Post
    So, just so everyone knows, the conversation in question took place in a chatroom in full view of 3 mods
    Well, did they interfere?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And another one bites the dust.
    But Christemo wasn't that old so yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by @Leo-chan View Post
    welp that was dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I feel like if I was more active id be part of cool conspiracies too

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    guess dsm getting more members now :^)

(or more realistically food's kitchen, idk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    I feel like if I was more active id be part of cool conspiracies too
    I feel like if I had a skype I'd be banned as well.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    welp that was dumb.
    never forget

mods are not like you
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    (or more realistically food's kitchen, idk)
    i'm sorry but the dream is over.
    btw is food a dr yet?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well, this is both sudden and perfectly logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Well, did they interfere?
    Happened when I wasn't paying attention to the chat.

IRUn and mAc are also pretty bad at reading chat, but they can speak for themselves.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Basically, after we banned Break we found out about some logs that pointed to Christemo and Strife trying to bait him into getting banned. This kind of muddied the waters with Break's ban, tbh. Now it wasn't as clear cut... we considered unbanning him, even.

But the main reason Break got banned in the first place (since he already had like 5000 last chances) was that we stopped believing he would ever change; even if he got unbanned for that single incident, he'd go and get himself banned the next day anyway. That said though, baiting him into getting banned in the first place for the lulz is just plain mean and got Christemo and Strife in trouble. Christemo was on the edge of perma just like Break, so he's gone, and Strife got slapped since he was involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Happened when I wasn't paying attention to the chat.

IRUn and mAc are also pretty bad at reading chat, but they can speak for themselves.
    There's like 9999+ messages built up every day when I get back home from work, sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't. If it's 1000 messages about League of Legends or FGO I just hit page down.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    There's like 9999+ messages built up every day when I get back home from work, sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't. If it's 1000 messages about League of Legends or FGO I just hit page down.
    It's uh, a lively place.

And I do the same thing.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    wow.

fuck everything about this

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    btw is food a dr yet?
    I don't think it's been 4 years yet.

(plus a varying number of years for residency until you're a real real doctor.)
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 25th, 2015 at 11:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    You're so dramatic baby

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Nerds.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    This was in the BL IRC?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    pretty sure it's skype.

Oh my god fucking amazing. Good job.
    Last edited by The Name I Made to Piss Off Mike; October 25th, 2015 at 11:25 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    This was in the BL IRC?
    Skype chat. They aren't in notes or regalia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.