Thread: Fate Go Day

Fate Go Day

-----------------
    As I opened my eyes I absently noted I was in what seemed to be a greenhouse. My eyes locked onto the girl who appeared to have summoned me, I internally sighed, judging from her expression that somehow mixed confusion, disbelief, fear and wonder I had been summoned by the wild card of the Grail wars.

Oh well, never let it be said that Shirou Emiya gave up in the face of adversity. Like the servants before me, I'd protect my master or die trying.

Of course, that last bit was more likely to happen than I'd have liked.

"W-who are you?" The glasses wearing girl stuttered out while blushing. Okay barring the fact she looks familiar somehow, I can't help but be reminded of Sakura, I mean the stuttering, the blushing, the blank empty look...

Wait what was that last one? Trying not to think of possibilities too horrible to contemplate, I decided to answer her in the only way I knew how.

"I'm the copy of a legendary hero summoned as servant Saber to fight for the Holy Grail against six other legendary heroes in a Battle Royale that will most likely decimate the city and put millions of lives at risk, with you as my master." Damn it, I hadn't meant to say that!

Needless to say this proved too much for her, in other words she fainted. Right into the shrubbery too, I couldn't help but feel a little guilty. Still, regardless of my first impression, this war was going to get messy; who better than a fake janitor to clean up after this fake Grail?!
    -----------------
    "Are you ready? The final Holy Grail War is about to begin!"

Well... Heroic Spirit Shirou Emiya being summoned as Saber in the Fate/Prototype HGW. This might be interesting. One question though: which Shirou is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Well, I was thinking about Hill of Swords when I did my first Fate fanfiction. But it wasn't for the plot so much as "f***, I can do a better Shirou than that."
    Arashi's guide to writing the characters of Tsukihime:

Shiki: The less he talks, the more badass he is.
    Arc: All things are relevant to how bored she is.
    Ciel: Only sane woman. Also, responsibility.
    Akiha: Focus on pride-aspect of tsundereness.
    Hisui: Actually the boke to Kohaku's tsukkomi, but has a complete straight face.
    Kohaku: Overcompensating genki. Go overboard with it.

He's a Fate alternate, also Spoiler Alert but this war will be a little different than what we know.

Wise Up!

Saber- Shirou Emiya (Fate AU):

Strength- D
    Agility- C
    Endurance- A
    Luck- C
    Magic- B
    Noble Phantasm- E-A++

Class skills:

Magic Resistance- B
    At this Rank it cancels spells with 3 verses or less, high level rituals or 4 verses and higher will slow him down.

Riding- D
    Some mounts can be ridden on with average skill eg: Car, Bike, Horse, Plane

Personal skills:

Battle Continuation- B
    He doesn't die when he's killed.

Clairvoyance- C
    Allows for superior vision enabling ability to use any long range weapon.

High-Speed Incantation- D
    Allows for spells to be recited at high speeds.

Familiar (Shadow creatures)- B
    Allows use of familiars. While weak against servants one on one these creatures can absorb magical attacks and resurrect until recalled.

Thaumaturgy- C+

Eye of the mind (True)- B
    Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Independent Action- C
    Capable of independent operations and can fight without a master for one day.

Noble Phantasms-

Unlimited Blade Works- E-A++
    A Reality Marble that allows the ability to copy bladed weapons at the cost of a rank down. Also allows recreation of non bladed weapons at a higher cost. Requires an aria.
    I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body
    And iron is my blood
    I have fought over a thousand blades
    Aware of loss, fighting for gain
    I shall always search as she will always wait
    Never together but never apart
    Truly my whole life I was Unlimited Blade Works.
    Last edited by Base; October 31st, 2015 at 11:46 AM.

i can see many wonderful things come from this idea

One thing I think must be cleaned up. You seem to not know much about Servant stat sheets work.

First of all, most stat sheets do not have more than five skills (class and personal combined).

Second of all, the Saber class does not have "Independent Action" as a class Skill. Only the Archer class does.

Thirdly, there is no "S" rank. The scale goes from E-A. Plus or minus signs are added to signify a boost or penalty in stats for certain conditions. There is also an "EX rank" used for abilities so powerful that they cannot be properly measured on a scale.

I would try to not include "Reinforcement" as a skill since it simply a very basic form of Thaumaturgy, which is an actual skill.

If you want a bit of help, just look at the stat sheet for EMIYA/Archer here, since EMIYA in canon is pretty much the definition of what Shirou Emiya is as a Servant, so he should at least serve as the base for any AU Shirou Servants you would want to make.

Depending on how potent your "Shadow Familiars" are and how they play a part in the Hero's legend, they could be a Skill (Jeane Alter's Dragon Witch ability), a Noble Phantasm (like Iskander's RM or Gilles' spellbook), or just a regular summon that is not even worthy of mention (like Medea's dragontooth golems). Given they are not good against Servants, it probably is not a Noble Phantasm, so keep that in mind.

Stat wise, this Emiya is not half bad. Not sure about the stats in parenthesis are for though.
    Well, I was thinking about Hill of Swords when I did my first Fate fanfiction. But it wasn't for the plot so much as "f***, I can do a better Shirou than that."

Hisui: Actually the boke to Kohaku's tsukkomi, but has a complete straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Gecko View Post
    One thing I think must be cleaned up. You seem to not know much about Servant stat sheets work.

First of all, most stat sheets do not have more than five skills (class and personal combined).

Second of all, the Saber class does not have "Independent Action" as a class Skill. Only the Archer class does.

Thirdly, there is no "S" rank. The scale goes from E-A. Plus or minus signs are added to signify a boost or penalty in stats for certain conditions. There is also an "EX rank" used for abilities so powerful that they cannot be properly measured on a scale.

I would try to not include "Reinforcement" as a skill since it simply a very basic form of Thaumaturgy, which is an actual skill.

If you want a bit of help, just look at the stat sheet for EMIYA/Archer here, since EMIYA in canon is pretty much the definition of what Shirou Emiya is as a Servant, so he should at least serve as the base for any AU Shirou Servants you would want to make.

Depending on how potent your "Shadow Familiars" are and how they play a part in the Hero's legend, they could be a Skill (Jeane Alter's Dragon Witch ability), a Noble Phantasm (like Iskander's RM or Gilles' spellbook), or just a regular summon that is not even worthy of mention (like Medea's dragontooth golems). Given they are not good against Servants, it probably is not a Noble Phantasm, so keep that in mind.

Stat wise, this Emiya is not half bad. Not sure about the stats in parenthesis are for though.
    They're for the rank up caused by Reinforcement. Also any abnormalities like S rank or the inclusion of more than 5 skills are due to fact this Grail works differently from normal. Just because one grail works the way you said does not mean this one does.

One last thing, this isn't the final stat sheet; it's missing his Noble Phantasm's. One of them is EX rank and related to the Grail; it is a last resort due to mana requirements.
    Last edited by Base; October 30th, 2015 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    They're for the rank up caused by Reinforcement. Also any abnormalities like S rank or the inclusion of more than 5 skills are due to fact this Grail works differently from normal. Just because one grail works the way you said does not mean this one does.

One last thing, this isn't the final stat sheet; it's missing his Noble Phantasm's. One of them is EX rank and related to the Grail; it is a last resort due to mana requirements.
    Not really a good idea... I mean, Reinforcement is not a skill. Nor should it be. EMIYA does not have it. And does he actually need "Independent Action" as a class skill?

What does "S" rank mean anyway? And why is it important? I mean, stats are not ever mentioned in universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Gecko View Post
    Not really a good idea... I mean, Reinforcement is not a skill. Nor should it be. EMIYA does not have it. And does he actually need "Independent Action" as a class skill?

What does "S" rank mean anyway? And why is it important? I mean, stats are not ever mentioned in universe.
    The Independant Action skill will be plot relevant and the Reinforcement skill is to show how different Shirou is to EMIYA. S rank is mainly reserved for Noble Phantasm's or stats more powerful than expected but less powerful than EX rank.

The Independant Action skill will be plot relevant and the Reinforcement skill is to show how different Shirou is to EMIYA. S rank is mainly reserved for Noble Phantasm's or stats more powerful than expected but less powerful than EX rank.
    I am not sure you understand. EX means that it is so high it cannot be measured. You cannot have an S rank because, in canon, A rank is the highest you can have skills be measured.

if you need independent action, for whatever reason, put it as a personal skill rather than a class skill. Reinforcement should not be its own skill though. It should be replaced with Thaumaturgy Rank C like EMIYA, since Shirou focuses on one area of modern magecraft. There is no need for the Stats in parentheses at all. Reinforcing is not so strong as to boost your stats by a full rank.

Hey Adrian Gecko would you like to examine my other Servant Sheets, be warned there'll be spoilers.
    Last edited by Base; October 31st, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

Hey Adrian Gecko would you like to examine my other Servant Sheets, be warned there'll be spoilers.
    I am a little pressed for time, but I guess I will look if you PM me them.

1st Chapter

As I pulled my master over my shoulder and outside, I inwardly cursed. Why does the Grail love messing with my life? First it was a fire that made me lose my first identity, then it was forcing me to take part in the Holy Grail War and let's not get into the mess involved in trying to dismantle it.

Now when I finally have peace it summons me against my will... Wait a second, didn't Rin once mention that the original Heroic Spirits had to agree to the summoning. The fact that I'm here in first place implies something's different.

The question is whether that's good or bad; on one hand that means the Grail might not be corrupted, but on the other hand that means it's much more unpredictable.

As I was lost in my thoughts I almost missed the sound of a twig snapping, instantly I quickly but carefully put my master down and adapted my posture to suit my position in the case of attack. I made as if I was holding two swords, ready to trace in a moments notice after all this was a Grail War and in war anything goes.

As a slight breeze brushed behind me, I instantly spun around and found myself being rushed at by a purple haired man wearing a mask and wielding what appeared to be a scythe. While it wouldn't have been my preferred choice, it wasn't a bad weapon all things considered. A scythe could be used to incapacitate as well as maim or kill; the handle was long enough that it could be used as a weapon on it's own. From the way he was holding it: the handle being pointed at me akin to a lance, I could tell he wasn't aiming to kill.

Similarly, the breeze was also a clue. A little known fact about servants was that unless we were holding back or were the weakest among the weak, we could use the wind itself as a weapon. Merely moving without holding back is enough to break the sound barrier and cause the wind to be strong as a bullet. The fact that the breeze wasn't anywhere near that strong meant that he was conserving his strength. This could also have meant that he was masterless and trying to save on power but combined with his method of attacking it was almost a sure sign.

This meant that I could hold back as well, after all if I fought at full strength, my identity could be compromised and used against my master. Best to use my less well-known skills, such as projection or 'it'.

All these thoughts passed through my head as I said those words that I used all my life.

"Trace on!"

As I formed the words to my aria, Kanshou and Bakuya, the married blades, materialised into my hands just in time to block his first strike.

"Why are you doing this?" As the words slipped out of my mouth, I internally slapped myself for asking such a cliche question.

Naturally the masked servant I was fighting didn't answer, well unless his idea of answering was attempting to push the pole of his scythe into my gut.

As I blocked him with Kanshou and Bakuya I started to examine him in more detail. What struck me most was how similar his hairstyle was to Shinji's, that thought caused me to tighten my hold on both of my swords.

For some reason I couldn't add his weapon to the blade works, this meant a skill of his or a Noble Phantasm clouded his identity in mystery.

Alright, despite the way he moved, it was obvious he was not a Lancer, after all a Lancer was well known for its agility and while this servant did a good job, it was still obvious he was faking. As such the only servant he could be was Rider, this however meant he was holding back more than I thought. A Rider always had a mount, as I learnt from bitter experience; still he was hardly going have a Pegasus just like that other Rider servant.

Anyway, it was time for me to confirm my suspicions.

"You're holding back, Rider."

As I said this I noticed a slight tensing of his shoulders, looks like I was right. As he prepared to attack, he charged and jumped right over me heading straight towards my unconscious master, his scythe raised in the air ready to taste her blood. Thinking quickly I threw Bakuya right at him, the white blade was spinning like a buzz saw as it headed towards him. Unsurprisingly he moved out of the way just in time, though it did manage to score a deep cut on his right arm.

He turned his head to look at me and despite the fact he wore a mask, I could tell he was glaring daggers at me. He turned away and took off into the distance.

I decided that it would be best not to press the advantage, after all my master was unconscious and without me she was defenceless.

That decision would be both a blessing and a curse.

-----------------
    As the door to the apartment opened, Rider was already storming in; not only had he failed in neutralising a master but he had been injured.

"What's the matter Rider? You look a little down." A voice echoed across the room, Rider growled at the sound. That bastard, he was taking this problem as an opportunity to mock .

"Where are you bastard?" Rider shouted at the room. A deep chuckling echoed throughout the room and as it continued Rider's fists clenched and he gritted his teeth in anger.

"Why where I've always been, the one place you can never go." The voice took on a mocking edge as it spoke. "If you wish to save him, you must win the Grail, if you do not, well we both know what will happen."

"Damn you! If I ever get my hands on you-"

"He'll be dead before you can even blink. Besides you of all people should know how foolish it is to confront your enemy head on, isn't that right Perseus?"

With this the voice lapsed into silence leaving the now identified Rider to his thoughts. Attacking Saber had been in hindsight a foolish move, not only did he gain nothing from the venture but Saber was now aware of him. The only thing that could be could be considered a positive was that he'd seen Saber's weapons.

With how he'd been performing there was almost no chance of winning the Grail war. Even the Assassin of this war had outmatched him in combat, his foes were superior in either skill or strength.

"Wait, maybe I've been thinking about the war the wrong way. If I can't fight them head on, I should fight them from the shadows."

With this, Rider decided his strategy for the war. Stage one would be to gather Intel and he had a good idea on where to start.
    Last edited by Base; December 25th, 2015 at 07:17 PM.