Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Material Translation

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Also, I almost forgot, here's the image that accompanied the Berserker of Red entry, for those who haven't seen the scans:

http://imgur.com/jTdbTOq

Berserker: I ask thee. Are you my Master?
    Shirou: What!?
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer
    Broadly speaking, out of a hundred Holy Grails made, ninety-five of them get stalled due to setbacks in the midst of constructing them, and out of the remaining finished five Grails, four end up incomplete and explode while prana is poured into them. The last remaining Grail out of them all manages to work properly, but the ritual is degraded in quality and cannot be compared to the one in Fuyuki.
    Welp, that explains most RPs I've been in.

(Snowfield for the last, I guess?)

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    they got some grail mats for snowfield though.
    equivalent of getting some of nasu's help for your rp then.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

マリーの味方
    Broadly speaking, out of a hundred Holy Grails made, ninety-five of them get stalled due to setbacks in the midst of constructing them, and out of the remaining finished five Grails, four end up incomplete and explode while prana is poured into them. The last remaining Grail out of them all manages to work properly, but the ritual is degraded in quality and cannot be compared to the one in Fuyuki.
    fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Varying from those with only two Servants to wars with five Servants which,
    shittttt, i thought "most only summoning five servants" from f/a implied some might have seven, not that the other ones had even less. what kind of scrub even makes a grail war with two servants you're pathetic stop being a magus and get a real job

Blog Entries
    I'm envisioning a Grail war with one Servant who got summoned just so the magus could talk to somebody without leaving his basement.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I wonder who the hero would be with a lifetime of enough bad decisions to even bother springing for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

マリーの味方
    Achilles thinks that it is his fault for overlooking Atalanta’s transformation while engrossed in his own battle. He fought her in her rampage as a way of atonement. Achilles cried out of guilt for having crushed Atalanta’s dream.
    But I’d like to think that it was that very naivety and tears of her that granted Atalanta a small measure of salvation at the very end.
    cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I wonder who the hero would be with a lifetime of enough bad decisions to even bother springing for that.
    Orpheus
    Last edited by Zenieth; November 21st, 2015 at 10:55 PM.

The small Holy Grail Wars that have been recklessly happening everywhere since several decades ago in the “Apocrypha” world. Varying from those with only two Servants to wars with five Servants which, though inferior in scale to Fuyuki, are still considerably large conflicts, all kinds of Holy Grails Wars are brightly, happily and violently taken place throughout the world.
    This is because, after the Third Holy Grail War, Darnic disseminated information on the structure of the Holy Grail War, which normally should have been concealed at all costs, to other magi in order to forestall them from searching for the Holy Grail that he had stolen.
    Even for magi who lament over how the Root is just a distant fairy tale, once they learned that they could take a step… or perhaps even just half a step towards reaching it through this ritual, they ended up desperately creating Holy Grails of their own.
    So after stealing the grail did Darnic like sold the blueprint of the holy grail, and mini HGW started happening aroud the world b4 the start of apocrypha timeline?
    FGO ID: 647,895,039 Lead: Saber Alter lvl 70

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Uh, this is news?

Quote Originally Posted by Apo chapter 1
    However, that all changed by the third Holy Grail War. The Second World War likely had an effect, as due to the intervention of various nations, the Holy Grail War of Fuyuki ended in unusual circumstances. At the same time, information on the system behind this Grail War propagated throughout the magi of the world.

It was proof of how superior the Holy Grail War ritual constructed by the three great families of Einzbern, Makiri and Tohsaka was.

To pose a what-if question to this moment of history: what if the third Holy Grail War did not expand to such a scale? This Holy Grail War would likely remain a ritual unique to Fuyuki. The fourth Holy Grail War would likely have taken place just ten years before now. However, the Greater Grail having been lost, the Holy Grail War can no longer occur in Fuyuki.

Today, variations of the Holy Grail War ritual unfold across every continent. Of course, the majority of them are small in scale, with most only capable of summoning five Servants; even were the ritual itself established, it could not proceed to the point where it could grant any wish.

hmmm I think I should reread apoc again
    FGO ID: 647,895,039 Lead: Saber Alter lvl 70

マリーの味方
    the majority of them are small in scale, with most only capable of summoning five Servants
    i mean does this not imply some were larger in scale and capable of summoning more servants, or what. i don't know what the original japanese is but the english line clearly implies some of the outliers were larger than 5.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Not really? It just sounds like all of them are tiny and at best you're getting five. Especially when you know the regular is seven, so, five or fewer?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    i mean does this not imply some were larger in scale and capable of summoning more servants, or what. i don't know what the original japanese is but the english line clearly implies some of the outliers were larger than 5.
    i know you want to do some fanfic thing about a subspecies war with more than 5 servants but looking at the line from every single angle isn't going to change it.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

マリーの味方
    Not really? It just sounds like all of them are tiny and at best you're getting five. Especially when you know the regular is seven, so, five or fewer?
    "majority of them small in scale = most only have 5", therefore a small minority were larger and had more. but i guess 'scale' doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the amount of servants

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    i know you want to do some fanfic thing about a subspecies war with more than 5 servants but looking at the line from every single angle isn't going to change it.
    to be honest my war takes place a couple years after f/a, so the entry would be outdated and i'm technically not breaking canon anyway. i guess.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Two Grail Wars

COLLIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    "majority of them small in scale = most only have 5", therefore a minority were smaller and had fewer
    Fixed for you.

Because you don't fail upwards.

Unless this is Hollywood.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    to be honest my war takes place a couple years after f/a, so the entry would be outdated and i'm technically not breaking canon anyway. i guess.
    no it wouldn't.
    Cos the Greater Grail is gone and all you're left with is more imitation ones.
    The ones which can't put up more than 5.

マリーの味方
    Fixed for you.

Because you don't fail upwards.

Unless this is Hollywood.
    like i'm sorry i don't really understand what you mean sorry if your posts are supposed to make sense.

because majority = most. so most of the wars were small. therefore, some wars maybe were larger. or maybe some wars were even smaller, i guess. but either way the line go could either way. so my assumption wasn't completely invalid, even if later materials proved me wrong

- - - Updated - - -

no it wouldn't.
    Cos the Greater Grail is gone and all you're left with is more imitation ones.
    The ones which can't put up more than 5.
    like, maybe after romania these fakers learned a secret that became common knowledge (you know, due to a real grail war happening in romania) and could create better imitations. or maybe the einzbern gave advice to some other randoms in hope they'd create something successful (since ygg fucked up majorly) while they continue to work on their own thing. or maybe some of the fakers went to romania itself and managed to steal a tiny remnant of the greater grail to use for their imitation grail and ended up producing something that could summon seven servants (even if it was still a failure of a grail)

either way it's not completely impossible. but i don't want to shit up this thread with fanfic stuff so yeah i'll stop here.
    Last edited by Sesto; November 21st, 2015 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    No, it's saying that most managed five.

It doesn't suggest the others had more, else they'd be equivalent to the fuyuki one, which is clearly not the case.

The minority trended downwards, not upwards.