Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Girl Translation - Volume 1-1

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Yeah, this is still the first part (Joukan) of Vol 1. I'll be starting the second part almost immediately after as well, with hopefully no delays as long as nothing comes up.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Yato's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What is fire girl?
    [01:10] <Pai> But... but...
    [01:10] <Pai> Guys, I've been skipping the rolling animations.
    [01:10] <Orange> don't give up
    [01:10] <drakon136> don't do that
    [01:10] <Pai> I am already down 3000 dollars btw.
    [01:10] <@Lianru> oh my god
    [01:10] <Pai> In 10 minutes.
    [01:10] <Orange> wait you already rolled 3000 dollars in 10 minutes?
    [01:10] <Reiu> jesus christ
    [01:10] <Orange> how many quartz is that
    [01:10] <@Lianru> 6k
    [01:11] <@Lianru> ish
    [01:11] <Orange> 3000 dollars or 3000 quartz
    [01:11] <I3uster> dont u sometimes think pai
    [01:11] <Pai> Dollars.
    [01:11] <I3uster> u could literally buy a hooker to dress up as scathach at that price
    [01:11] <Pai> A... real woman?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    What is fire girl?
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    The title is there precisely in order to make you ask that question and read more to find out. (An ingenious trap, it is.)
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    What is fire girl?
    With that title and those covers, I went in expecting it to be a firefighter sort of story. Kinda glad I was wrong.
    FGO ID JP: 092237557

Support List

*Placeholder Image*

Check my supports using my ID

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarw View Post
    With that title and those covers, I went in expecting it to be a firefighter sort of story. Kinda glad I was wrong.
    Seriously? Why? :-/ By which I mean, why would you think that? :-/ I totally instantly pictured a fire wielding female magus or something the moment I first saw the title...what with this being Type-Moon and all...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Seriously? Why? :-/ By which I mean, why would you think that? :-/ I totally instantly pictured a fire wielding female magus or something the moment I first saw the title...what with this being Type-Moon and all...
    It's because of this cover that appeared when I googled them.

There's this whole chain of events leading to that conclusion.
    Last edited by lunarw; January 20th, 2016 at 10:57 AM.
    FGO ID JP: 092237557

Support List

*Placeholder Image*

Check my supports using my ID

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Chapter 11 is here! The story finally leaves the slice-of-life comfort zone it's been in until now, and we get to see how Homura deals with being on an actual adventure. Please read and enjoy!

Chapter 11

Nş 1 fan of the Best Book Gallereon's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    502781857 (NA server)
    I have been following this page for a while now and I am interested.
    Could some kind soul tell me what this LN is about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallereon View Post
    I have been following this page for a while now and I am interested.
    Could some kind soul tell me what this LN is about?
    I think you've lost if you fall in love.

—Hinooka Homura. Seiran High School 1st year.

She likes to talk with friends. What she doesn't like are essays. By the way, she's the type that gets sleepy after thinking for ten seconds. Basically she had the air of someone who had failed her high school debut.

When Homura received the invitation "Why don't you try becoming a magician?," she joined the exploration club which had ties with the National Union. The club activities consisted of conducting research on an unknown planet.

Along with the Kendo boy Touya Takumi, Misasagi Mayo-senpai who was efficient both in her studies and in martial arts, as well as the golem Ameno, Homura parties with her friends and heads to the other world of Nutera, a huge scale planet that is several times the size of Jupiter.
    also thx ED

Nş 1 fan of the Best Book Gallereon's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    502781857 (NA server)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    also thx ED
    Thx.
    My One True Waifu

That moment when you´re being shipped on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    You guys should get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    For I think manafusion understands Gallereon better than any of us can expect to do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarw View Post
    It's because of this cover that appeared when I googled them.

There's this whole chain of events leading to that conclusion.
    Ah. Yeah, that cover is kinda...yeah...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    They're dressed like mountain climbers though?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    They're dressed like mountain climbers though?
    I guess, yeah. You might not notice that at first when looking at it though. You just see the red, the logos, and the straps, and then you see the title as well, and when you put the two together, you accidentally go "Ah, firefighters". I can see that happening.

Fire Girl takes place in a setting where an alternate world (called Nutella) was discovered, and adventure clubs exist in schools across the world to explore it. The protagonist, Homura, pretty much a normal girl, joins such club and things happen. The first volume (two books) is more or less a narrowly-focused introduction to the series, with the second book being mostly devoted to introducing a character who is more or less the key to the story for the entire series. From volume 2 and on, the scale kind of explodes and they introduce like 5x as many characters, mostly adventurers from around Japan, with some researchers and what not. Basically the first book of the second volume is almost entirely a conference; Meteor goes in really hard on the adventure thing. Then the third volume introduces a character from the Vatican who is female but identifies as male and is actually male in the adventure segments (various other characters undergo minor transformations ie animal ears), and uh, a lot more stuff.

Basically Fire Girl has a vibrant cast, an ever-expanding world, and actually carries on with youth as a theme, with some great leads not actually bound together by romantic interest. I could probably sum it up a little better, but I'm waiting on the last volume to catch up.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Chapter 12 is posted! My first thought after finishing it: BunBun really is an exeptional illustrator, hands-down. He turned what should have been an easily misconstrued scene into something truly breathtaking to look at.

Anyway, only one chapter left, and then the afterword. (Though, the last chapter isn't really a finale, since it pretty much segues into Vol 1-2.) Hope you all look forward to it.

Chapter 12

JP Friend Code
    By request
    At last, Volume 1-1 is complete! I've posted below the links to the last chapter and special guest commentary (where Nasu basically lets out his inner fanboy for Hoshizora Meteo and all his works, haha). The first hurdle is passed. Just six more volumes to go. (Though it may be a moot point, since I've yet to find any scans for Volumes 3-1 and 3-2 online. I hope it's just me failing at web searching...)

Chapter 13
    Commentary, by Nasu Kinoko

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Congrats, you're definitely the fastest translator here, a rare gem.
    Props. Thanks for your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Thanks for the translation.

and man
    When I read his project [Girl’s Work], part of me decided to start afresh from the beginning. No, it really is embarrassing! Meteo Love!
    lol does that mean the script is finished, come on ufotable.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Congrats, you're definitely the fastest translator here, a rare gem.
    A diamond in the rough!