Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Girl Translation - Volume 1-1

JP Friend Code
    By request

Fire Girl Translation - Volume 1-1

Though it's a bit outside the usual Type Moon stuff found on this site, I'm proud to open up the discussion thread for the translation of Fire Girl. I waited until now to make this thread despite having started over a month ago because I wanted to catch up to where lunarw was in his translation first, so that people could start discussing new content right after the thread was made.

In any case, the actual translation will be hosted over on NanoDesu Translations, but I'll be posting updates and links for each chapter here so that you guys can follow and discuss. Please read and enjoy.

Volume 1-1 (Complete)

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 9
    Chapter 10
    Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Chapter 13
    Commentary, by Nasu Kinoko
    Last edited by EDreamer; March 31st, 2016 at 09:19 AM.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

thx ED

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Pai's electronic penis is shrinking.

ED, you do a hell of a lot of work for the TM fandom. It's very impressive, and we're certainly grateful.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Pai's electronic penis is shrinking.
    You hear that Pai? It's the sound of "scan volumes 2 and 3 already," it's the only way to save face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    You hear that Pai? It's the sound of "scan volumes 2 and 3 already," it's the only way to save face.
    HD

Thank you for your efforts this is quite interesting.

I just want to live my life spending large amount of money on my hobbies now without giving back to the community at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I just want to live my life spending large amount of money on my hobbies now without giving back to the community at all.
    I don't care if you give back to the community, just give it to me. I'll keep it all to myself and fuck the community, I don't care.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I don't care if you give back to the community, just give it to me. I'll keep it all to myself and fuck the community, I don't care.
    Why do we all think the same thing.

Is this the translator hivemind? The translator samadhi?

Blog Entries
    No, it's just the power of having knowledge.

Banned
    i don't know what this is, but my eyes just started producing tears of gratitude by reflex

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Due to coincidental timing, chapters 7 and 8 have both been completed at the same time. We've also finally passed the halfway point of the volume, and from here on the setup ends as the plot really gets going. As always, feel free to leave any comments.

Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    By request
    After a bit of a break due to some technical trouble, chapter 9 is ready as the last update for 2015 as we welcome in the New Year. Here's hoping that this project will make good progress in 2016.

Chapter 9

JP Friend Code
    By request
    First chapter of the New Year. Ironically, just the plot is really getting started, the volume is nearing its end. Only three more chapters left till the end of Vol 1-1. Let the countdown begin!

Chapter 10

Banned
    why aren't we showering this man with money again?

JP Friend Code
    My country's monetary value is so low that a "Thank You" is actually worth more.

Thanks once again, truly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    why aren't we showering this man with money again?
    Because we would be threading on more legally dangerous ground if we paid him for his translations. Making a profit out of other people's work and all that. McJon has been offered money for his translations more than once, but he turned them down for the same reason.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Banned
    did not know this was a concern here. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    First chapter of the New Year. Ironically, just the plot is really getting started, the volume is nearing its end. Only three more chapters left till the end of Vol 1-1. Let the countdown begin!

Chapter 10

thx ED gonna start to read when the first vol is finished also this is still the Joukan vol right?