Thread: SAL reliability

SAL reliability

Basically, I've been using EMS for my purchases. However like most of you know I'm sure, it is expensive as hell.

So, how is SAL? How often do people lose their orders when using it. Specifically when using Hobbylink and Hobbysearch. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    There is registered and unregistered SAL. Registered gets tracking and limited insurance (should be enough if you don't spend too much). Slightly more reliable, but yes, SAL does take forever to get there, when it does get there.

Hobbysearch includes AmiAmi, right? I have never had any problems, personally.

For the last one and a half year I've only been using AmiAmi, so I forgot other experiences. But either way:
    EMS - Takes like 3 - 4 days. Sometimes 5. If an item ships on a Monday I'll have it on the Friday same week at least.
    SAL Registered - Takes about 7 - 8 days. If I order on a Wednesday I usually have it on Wednesday the week after.
    SAL Unregistered - Only used this once before because I ordered lots of manga and didn't want a killer shipping. I think it took around 3 weeks as SAL usually does. Oh and the box was a bit crushed: http://twitpic.com/2qcjwh But the contents were out of harms way thankfully.

I only use SAL registered in case I'm getting 1 item since it's quite unnecessary to pay the extra 1k yen then. But if I'm getting a bunch of stuff it's always EMS.

Ordered the Arcueid and Ren MELTY BLOOD extra figures from Mandarake with SAL unregistered last week. I hope it will be fine~

Well, looking them over and it appears neither hobbylink or hobbysearch offer SAL registered. They make it quite clear that you aren't going to get tracking or insurance. Now I'm worried. I couldn't afford the more expensive option for my latest purchase from them though.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use unregistered SAL from Amiami all the time (and usually use that option on other sites when it's available). I haven't had anything lost or damaged so far anyway.

Blog Entries
    ^ Same. I've never had any problems with unregistered SAL from AmiAmi.

The Great Challenge of Our Time

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Was important to me...........
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    anal is what's important to you?
    nice priorities =_=
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    It's not important to you?

Thanks to TheSpy for the Sig pic~

LOAD "*" ,8,1

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    I've always just picked the cheapest option, and I buy alot of things online. So far no issues. :x

Never had anything lost via SAL and I've had quite a lot. It's just a lot slower.