Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do People Think Of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

I don't think FHA is bad there lots of boring parts but there are a lot of fun ones as well. To add to my enjoyment is that there are more ShirouxRin scenes that FSN didn't have that much and more clockower teasing.
    FGO ID: 647,895,039 Lead: Saber Alter lvl 70

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Nasu actually didn't write any of the H-scenes except the Caren thing.
    Which is why they were pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, the Rider one got really creepy at times with the blood fetish. That was pretty close to Nasu standard.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I read all of it and liked it. The only parts I skipped were the h scenes.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I dunno, the Rider one got really creepy at times with the blood fetish. That was pretty close to Nasu standard.
    I wasn't counting that on the grounds that I actually think nasu wrote that one. I don't think someone writing off the cuff would have come up with rider using her ability to draw shirou into a dream world and him retaliating by tracing breaker gorgon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I read all of it and liked it. The only parts I skipped were the h scenes.
    I really loved the Rin x Shirou H-scene. I think it's worth a read. Sakura one was a bit boring to be honest, even if I like her, never was a fan of Saber so that one was a bit hard for me to go through and I found the Rider one a bit nonsensical but that's just me.
    Last edited by AmongMyAnimeBaes; December 23rd, 2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Kuonji Alice

Aozaki Aoko

Shizuki Soujuurou

Witch On The Holy Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As a whole I enjoyed reading HA but I also liked the scenes with a lot of minor character interaction.

The H-scenes were badly formatted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I wasn't counting that on the grounds that I actually think nasu wrote that one. I don't think someone writing off the cuff would have come up with rider using her ability to draw shirou into a dream world and him retaliating by tracing breaker gorgon.
    People use the idea in doujins all the time, but I see what you are getting at.

For that matter, I wondered if each scene was credited to certain people in the actual credits, or did the screenwriters come out and say it on the blog.

That said, I liked Hollow because I am one of those guys who loves little tidbits about the characters, and besides the fomedy, there was a lot of honest lovely dialogue that you would never see otherwise.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; December 23rd, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

I like Hollow, but I also think it has pacing issues and very boring parts.

I just liked capsaba a lot more
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

マリーの味方
    i liked it mostly.

the night scenes were good. the slice of life was generally either really fucking boring or really funny, it varied a lot. the serious slice of life scenes were great though, like taiga and shirou talking at the school, illya talking about the kiritsugu, shinji flashback, etc.

I like it. Apart from the excellent Servant flashbacks and iconic scenes like Decisive Battle and Spiral Ladder, there were also SoL scenes that truly hit the mark both in comedy (Archer and the kitten, night explorations at Einzbern castle, every Caster and Shirou interaction) and poignancy (Taiga at the graveyard, Saber reminiscing about her homeland by the sea, Lancer's nuggets of wisdom), and those day scenes that are pretty negligible helped look forward to the excitement of the Backnight scenes more.

i still ctrld through a fair bit of stuff but that was mostly me regretting my resolution to do 100% completion in one playthrough because plot progression kept getting stalled by pool dates and sakura's outstanding characterisation

I think it's a good VN in general though it does have it's boring parts, I didn't like a considerable amount of the SoL but some were actually good and funny.
    For the most part, I liked seeing more character interactions, especially Rin x Shirou scenes, and learning more about the fate world.
    Also, when not focusing on the SoL, the actual plot with bazzet and avenger is actually pretty good, and the last night when everyone is fighting is just plain epic IMO.
    Overall I do like HA alot but I wouldn't say it's as good as the main games like FSN and Tsukihime