Page 101 of 299 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I was rereading the play scene and noticed that the villain calls out Sion as a vampire. Is that common knowledge now? I thought only Shinji knew.
    Harry may have had some input. He did see Sion's boggart, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Harry may have had some input. He did see Sion's boggart, after all...
    Would it be alright to ask if there was a reaction to that by the British people or at least some of the Hogwarts students that were present?

The part that I enjoy the most is the leap of logic that Harry had to come up with for him to cause the play's villain to call her a half-vampire. The boggart never calls Sion an half-vampire, only confirms that TATARI, is her ancestor who became a vampire. The boggart more implied that Sion was a complete vampire then a hybrid half vampire.

I think its a sign that in respect for his former friend, and how human she was (plus her ability to survive in daylight) that Harry was the best explanation that he could come up with. If he called her a full vampire, then no one would respect Sion for her actions that year and he would failed at honoring her sacifice. But as a half vampire, she becomes a tale of a girl resisting her darker side and sacrificing herself for the others showing that humanity comes first. Harry is likely attempting, in his own way, to pave the way for the half breeds like Flitwick to get a better acceptance in society.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    The part that I enjoy the most is the leap of logic that Harry had to come up with for him to cause the play's villain to call her a half-vampire. The boggart never calls Sion an half-vampire, only confirms that TATARI, is her ancestor who became a vampire. The boggart more implied that Sion was a complete vampire then a hybrid half vampire.

I think its a sign that in respect for his former friend, and how human she was (plus her ability to survive in daylight) that Harry was the best explanation that he could come up with. If he called her a full vampire, then no one would respect Sion for her actions that year and he would failed at honoring her sacifice. But as a half vampire, she becomes a tale of a girl resisting her darker side and sacrificing herself for the others showing that humanity comes first. Harry is likely attempting, in his own way, to pave the way for the half breeds like Flitwick to get a better acceptance in society.
    But if Harry had that kind of input why did he okay the mustache twirling interpretation of Shinji? I mean, that play is basically painting him as about to betray everyone at the drop of a hat.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I think its a sign that in respect for his former friend, and how human she was (plus her ability to survive in daylight) that Harry was the best explanation that he could come up with.
    Its worth noting that a fairly popular singer in Wizarding Britain, Lorcan d'Eath, is a part-vampire who is apparently fancied by quite a number of witches - so that particular hybridization isn't exactly unknown. Plus those hybrids look mostly human with a few odd traits - things that would be easily covered up if Sokaris had in fact also been a metamorphmagus, as most believed.

Part of the non-acceptance of half-breeds like Flitwick is likely due to how they look: Hagrid is obviously very large, and Flitwick is obviously very small, so they don't look like your typical wizard, whereas Fleur (prior to the whole Bulgaria thing) would have been treated normally by those not affected by her allure. Wizards - like humans in general - tend to be pretty shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But if Harry had that kind of input why did he okay the mustache twirling interpretation of Shinji? I mean, that play is basically painting him as about to betray everyone at the drop of a hat.
    He had some input, which was used to flesh out some of the characters and keep the trials feeling more authentic, but he didn't have final script approval. He was more of a consultant on the project.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apologies for the delay. Frantically trying to prepare for a conference next week. Will post chapter as soon as I can

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    118: [x] London, with Mashu and Tohsaka.

Choice 119: The night before her meeting with Shinji, Tohsaka Rin dreams, with someone surprising coming to offer her a bit of reassurance.

But who is it? (choose one)

[ ] Matou Shinji
    [ ] Mashu
    [ ] Her new Master
    [ ] Her late Father
    [ ] (write-in)

118: [x] London, with Mashu and Tohsaka.

Choice 119: The night before her meeting with Shinji, Tohsaka Rin dreams, with someone surprising coming to offer her a bit of reassurance.

But who is it? (choose one)

[ ] Matou Shinji
    [ ] Mashu
    [ ] Her new Master
    [ ] Her late Father
    [ ] (write-in)
    I have to admit that a large part of me wants to say "Matou Shinji", but at the same time, I'm made to worry that it will actually rattle her even more. Choosing Mashu is likely going to cause the girl to have more expectations of our dear Chaldea agent, her father is likely going to cause her to start thinking of the will she was made to inherit and still needs to decipher more, and Touko to get her to focus on that part of her personality.

We're made to think what it is we want her to do or what we feel might help her best. Actually, Alf, may I ask what the contents of the will are, or does Rin need to know before we do?

[x] Matou Shinji

Because we know than this is the less dangeorous one (and that is a problem).
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; November 4th, 2016 at 06:20 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    Actually, Alf, may I ask what the contents of the will are, or does Rin need to know before we do?
    It is not really your business. And Shinji doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    [x] Matou Shinji

Because we know than this is the less dangeorous one (and that is a problem).
    If I may ask, how do we know this is the less dangerous one? This could easily backfire on us.

Personally, I'm inclined towards either Mashu or Touko, because those seem both more surprising and more interesting to me.

It is not really your business. And Shinji doesn't know.

I thought as much, though thank you for the confirmation, Alf.

It's looking like this will dictate what factions Rin might end up favoring (if this choice will be anything like the last time we had to pick someone that would assist Rin) in a less concrete sense, though such choices don't seem to all that out there as far as the CYOA has been concerned (at least from memory).

In that case, I would go with either [x] - Mashu as this will likely open up the possibility of Chaldea which was an opportunity we missed earlier this year.

It's looking like this will dictate what factions Rin might end up favoring (if this choice will be anything like the last time we had to pick someone that would assist Rin) in a less concrete sense, though such choices don't seem to all that out there as far as the CYOA has been concerned (at least from memory).
    If that is the case we should keep Rin close to Shinji and his faction mostly because what is gonna happen in the next Year, Rin Help in the incoming conflit would be really important and decisive (like i might have been if we chose go the quidditch with her and Luna).

[X] Write in: Her late Sister, Sakura

I will be frank, I am not really looking for a way here to get Rin closer to any faction. The current mood of the upcoming chapter is (I hope) is the resolution of Rin by clearing the air with her and Shinji by talking things out.

So in that sprite I think the best choice we can make is for Rin to have a dream about Sakura, to help Rin clear her lingering problems caused by the death of her a strain sister. One of the largest problems with Rin right now is that she is suffering because of the guilt of abandoning her younger sister to the Matous and now she is can never ask for forgiveness for failing to protect her younger sister even if Rin does not know the true level of how bad it was. She has this guilt in canon and its hit her like a ton of bricks when she found out that both her sister and Shinji died. No longer could she hide behind the wall of her sister was at least happy with the Matous. She was now dead and nothing that Rin can do could fix it.

I would say that the guilt is the main reason why Rin started drinking in the first place and why Rin almost went off the deep end with Shinji this year. Because of all of this I think that we can do the most good for Rin by picking Sakura here so that Rin can work out (even if the dream is not real) the elephant in the room issue that she has so that she can finally pick herself up and become the person that we know that she can be.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 4th, 2016 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    If that is the case we should keep Rin close to Shinji and his faction mostly because what is gonna happen in the next Year, Rin Help in the incoming conflit would be really important and decisive (like i might have been if we chose go the quidditch with her and Luna).
    I certainly do see your point. Though considering we're going to be needing all the help we can get once the grail war rolls around, perhaps it might be better to place Rin in a position where she can further prepare herself. We've already got a lot hanging over Rin's head as it is, and it's even possible it's already affecting her negatively.

Some distance in a... slightly more friendly environment might help.

Of course, this is all just theorycrafting on my part, and for all i know this entire thing might just end up exactly at face value and it's just who Rin starts looking up to for the next couple of months, but I would still strongly advise looking at this as something more.

I certainly do see your point. Though considering we're going to be needing all the help we can get once the grail war rolls around, perhaps it might be better to place Rin in a position where she can further prepare herself. We've already got a lot hanging over Rin's head as it is, and it's even possible it's already affecting her negatively.

Some distance in a... slightly more friendly environment might help.

Of course, this is all just theorycrafting on my part, and for all i know this entire thing might just end up exactly at face value and it's just who Rin starts looking up to for the next couple of months, but I would still strongly advise looking at this as something more.
    I was thinking in the incoming war in magical britain than is gonna happen the next year.
    Keep Rin close to shinji helping her to learn more about shinji's world, would help her (and shinji) to be more prepare.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Welcome back, Alf!

My vote goes to her father.

Hmmm... Sakura is a risky proposition. It's certainly a chance to work out some long-standing psychological issues, but highly damaging to her psyche in the sort term. Though it does seem plausible as a dream that might surface.

A dream about Shinji may return her to an unhealthy degree of dependence on him.

A dream about Mashu is obviously going to be of a nature that gets her more in touch with the side of her that likes girls, leading to confusion, though maybe it gives some bonus to Chaldea too.

We do not need to further reinforce the group's bad advice by having her dream about her father, or her teacher.

But in the interest of furthering character development, I will also vote for [x] Sakura, even if it casts a pall over the holiday.
    Not Magus! Magic Emperor Magus!

I could get behind a [X] Sakura vote.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    even if it casts a pall over the holiday.
    Just to be clear, this isn't a dream she has over the holidays/Christmas. Its a dream before she meets with Shinji to talk/resolve things (hopefully), and might indeed shape her reactions a bit.