Page 114 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1464104109112113114115116119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Choice 138: Do I really need to remind people that Shinji can not run around the Wizard World as he is suppose to be at Durmstrang? And that four unknown teenagers that look to be 4th year or older, that no one knows even if they wear disguises will also get attention as almost all teenagers of that age would be at Durmstrang. And all four are clearly foreigners of somewhere in Asia cause I doubt that Rin could pull of at this point acting like a native. Seriously people, I can stand any of the other options but for god sakes do not pick this one unless there is a fool proof solid plan on how to not get caught here.

Not sure if Rin would have a good plan other then to blush at shinji and say she would be happy to do what he would want to do. And the play idea feels like it cheapens the time Shinji spent with Ilya last year. Plus there is always the change to run into Hermione if you go to plays. Mashu or Zelkova are both fine picks to me but I will have to go with [X] Ask Zelkova what he would like

Choice 139: Going back straight seems boring but might lead to a Pansy interrupt/moment. Talking to Rin might be good for the both of them to further talk things out but more likely just make Rin fall deeper in love with Shinji. Taking to Mashu would be great for the Atlas side of things but I really fear that Rin will not take the two talking behind close doors well, when her imagination runs wild on that front. And spending time with Luna gets us deeper and deeper with her but its the place I think Shinji would naturally go at this point so [x] Go to Hogwarts, so he can spend Xmas morning with Luna

Choice 140: Not sure on a gift for Mashu but I am pretty sure that it would take Seer Shinji to give her a copy of her Shield as Shinji has no one of knowing about Mashu secret background at this point.

And for Rin, I think the best gift we could give her is a set of books on Runes. 1. Because Runes carry over to both the magus and wizard side so should be a useful skill no matter what. 2. Because it preps her for Touko Rune boot camp. 3. Because it will impress (hopefully) Touko that her student is learning an important base skill for Touko later teaching.

Or we could follow thru with the advice we give her and give her set of books on Elemental Magic so that she has a form of guidance in the path that we pointed her down. Granted I am not sure if Shinji could find books on this geared for a Magus but they might be helpful regardless. I would love to hear you guys thoughts on if the book idea sounds good.

For now I will put my vote for [X] Give Rin a set of books on Runes.

Blog Entries
    Bringing people to Wizarding London in "no-foreigners allowed/revving up for war" mode, when he's not supposed to be there is not a good idea.

[X] Ask Zelkova what he would like
    [X] Invite Mashu up to his room to talk about Atlas-related things, and ask if she needs anything

As for gifts, not quite sure at all.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    [x] A means of disguise for both Mashu and Rin as a personal gift, with explanations so as not to result in misunderstandings.
    In Fallacy I trust. I'm seconding this.

Blog Entries
    [X] Gift Mashu and Rin dresses from his fashion house, Le Shin.

I'll go for this.

We've managed to keep ourselves from overtly antagonizing the British over the course of the year. It's not been easy, but we've managed it.

Please be aware, guys, that we are still in a very precarious position, and we don't really want to risk it if we're still interested in being in the Potion's Championship. Considering we're not really expected to be out and about right now (everyone thinks we're still at Hogwarts), being discovered would likely mean that people are going to ask questions, and trust is going to be lost.

Disguises might work, sure, but is that something we want to hazard? It might be wiser for us to just avoid the possibility entirely by opting for options that aren't going to cost us the position we've been trying to protect all year.

[x] - Ask Zelkova what he would like to do.

Asking Zelkova would be a good neutral option that would allow us to not appear to favor Mashu while still not overtly favoring Rin. This would allow us to maintain impartiality (as far as those two ladies are concerned in Rin's mind) and perhaps gain some points with our Familiar.

Tied in with this option, it's becoming quite apparent that we haven't been spending as much time with Luna as we ought to. As this is a relationship that is quite important to Shinji - and one that's been established over the course of the story to be key in maintaining his mental and emotional health - perhaps it would be wise of us to spend some time with her after all the time we've been apart.

[x] - Go to Hogwarts, so he can spend Christmas Morning with Luna.

This might also give us the opportunity to establish with Rin that we are still tied to someone else in a romantic sense.

[X] Give Rin a set of books on Runes.

Mhm. Come to think of, Skull Leader and mr. Trickster do have a point here. I'll change my vote from wizarding London to
    [x] - Ask Zelkova what he would like to do.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Taking to Mashu would be great for the Atlas side of things but I really fear that Rin will not take the two talking behind close doors well, when her imagination runs wild on that front.
    Oh? You think Rin would think something unsavory was going on if Shinji were to invite the lovely Mashu up to his luxurious, soundproofed suite of rooms late at night? Especially when Shinji seems to be so very close to her?

Why, the very idea!
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 22nd, 2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Oh? You think Rin would think something unsavory was going on if Shinji were to invite the lovely Mashu up to his luxurious, soundproofed suite of rooms late at night?
    Alf raises an excellent point.

Considering she's been thinking about Mashu being our mistress over the course of the last few chapters, that might not be wise if we're still interested in keeping her with us.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Of course it is important to keep tabs on the Atlas Stuff, and a bit of confidentiality is important, given that Rin isn't aware of who Mashu really is, so...

Choices, choices, choices...
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 22nd, 2017 at 01:13 PM.

Choice 138
    [x] Ask Zelkova what he would like to do
    Choice 139
    [x] Go to Hogwarts, so he can spend Christmas Morning with Luna
    Choice 140
    [x] Give Rin a set of books on Runes
    [x] Give Mashu a Christmas card (placeholder)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've been at a hackathon all weekend, and am quite tired, since I'm running off minimal sleep. This is part of the reason for the choices, as I want to give you all something to think about, but don't have the time/energy to write up an entire chapter

Choice 138
    : [x] Ask Zelkova what he would like
    Choice 139: [x] Go to Hogwarts, so he can spend Xmas morning with Luna
    Choice 140: [x] Rin - Book of Runes, [x] Both - A means of disguise for both Mashu and Rin as a personal gift, with explanations so as not to result in misunderstandings (possibly dresses with a built-in suite of hair/eye-color changing/disillusionment charms that could be switched on and off at will).

Choice 141: Just because Shinji is going back to Hogwarts that night doesn't mean that Zelkova has to, especially since the kodama has now revealed himself to two more of the women in Shinji's life, both of which are somewhat curious about him. Rin had known of Zelkova since last year, since the kodama had acted as Shinji's "butler" last year, but had not been introduced to him formally.

Zelkova appreciates the new experiences, though he didn't eat any of the food, as such things were not necessary to him. He did mention wanting to stay and speak with Mashu before she left, if Shinji will permit it, as he was somewhat curious about the kind young woman - and the "Fou-kun" she had once brought to visit. Alternatively, if Shinji wills it, he could keep Miss Tohsaka company, as she seems rather...lonely, either in his own form, or in another's (as kodama do have some shapeshifting ability), or conduct business for Shinji in wizarding London.

So, what does Shinji ask of Zelkova? (choose one)

[ ] To come back to Hogwarts with him
    [ ] To go and talk to Mashu, as the kodama wishes
    [ ] To talk to Tohsaka and keep her company, as she seems lonely (in his own guise)
    [ ] Talk to Tohsaka and keep her company (in Shinji's guise, so Rin doesn't realize he's left yet)
    [ ] Take care of business with Gringotts and such in wizarding London

Choice 142: As expected from the combined efforts of all three cooks, there are indeed plenty of leftovers (with both Mashu and Rin having enjoyed his sukiyaki, as neither had previously had much occasion to try it). He imagines both will take some of the leftovers with them, but he's concerned about the rather large platter of extremely spicy Mapo Tofu - far more than any one person could hope to eat. He knows Rin feels a little disappointed that he and Mashu didn't wolf down the platter in favor of the more mild selections available, though she was very happy he said he liked it.

He doesn't think Mashu will take any with her, which means it is up to him to decide if he will take the mapo tofu with him... (choose one)

[ ] Yes, because extreme spice is a weapon to be leveraged against his enemies
    [ ] Yes, because the experience of this exquisite dish needs to be shared
    [ ] Yes, because he doesn't want Rin to feel bad about her efforts going to waste
    [ ] No, because it could end poorly if he were caught with a container of obviously non-western food at Hogwarts or Durmstrang
    [ ] No, because he still can't feel his mouth
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 22nd, 2017 at 08:10 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    I want to oblige him so let him talk to Mashu, that being said I would like to help Rin out somehow, but it seems that's not in the cards.

The first choice and the crossed out one are great... Anyway let's take it so Rin doesn't feel bad about it.

Also Zelkova does not want to try the Mapo Tofu? What a shame. I'm sure that would count as a "new experience".
    Last edited by Malgos; January 22nd, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

Of course it is important to keep tabs on the Atlas Stuff, and a bit of confidentiality is important, given that Rin isn't aware of who Mashu really is, so...
    I get why confidentiality would be important for whatever talk might happen but at this point is there really a reason why Mashu feels she needs to hide her Atlas connection from Rin? As Rin has already successfully guessed that Shinji's patron is someone in Atlas, so it wouldn't be too shocking to Rin that Mashu, the person Shinji hired, might have a connection to Atlas as well.

Edit: Ah Vote update since I started this.

Choice 141: Taking care of business with the bank might be a good idea to finalize our money before who knows what happens at the PC. We might have events that will make things difficult to access funds there. And the Mashu option sounds fine with me if it wins but I am going to vote for Zelkova talking to Rin, because I want her to remain stable, and while I doubt Zelkova will be super great at understanding Human emotions to help her, Zelkova I think would be a great listener and advice.

[X] To talk to Tohsaka and keep her company, as she seems lonely (in his own guise)

I second Malgos on the Choice 142 options are pure gold.

Going with [X] Yes, because he doesn't want Rin to feel bad about her efforts going to waste

Who knows, maybe Shinji could store it in the Book of Potions and use the stuff for the start of some kind weird Pepperup Potion.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 22nd, 2017 at 08:42 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    As Rin has already successfully guessed that Shinji's patron is someone in Atlas, so it wouldn't be too shocking to Rin that Mashu, the person Shinji hired, might have a connection to Atlas as well.
    Guessing his patron is from Atlas is a very different thing from knowing who that Patron is, and what sway she might have in the Tower. Mashu at this point is still allegedly tied to the Tower, in addition to being an agent of Atlas reporting directly to Sion (since she's basically Shinji's handler), and Sion would prefer that not be compromised. Besides, most poor, starting students would gladly take good work...

[X] To talk to Tohsaka and keep her company, as she seems lonely (in his own guise)

[X] Yes, because he doesn't want Rin to feel bad about her efforts going to waste

It would be good for us to remember that Shinji still considers himself to be an agent of Sion. As such, it would behoove us to try to remain up to date with what is happening on that front as well as any information that Mashu might find good for us to know. As we opted to not spend private time with her, alone, for Christmas Eve, this would be an excellent time for us to catch up and make up for any lost time.

Besides, Zelkova has been kind enough to do a lot of things for us, and it is rare of him to ask us for something. Allowing him the odd request is the least we could do for our familiar.

[x] - To go and talk to Mashu, as the kodama wishes.

The next choice is a little trickier and comes with its own set of risks while at the same time possibly affecting how Shinji might view the food and Rin.

Of course, the most apparent thing to point out is the fact that regardless of what reason we pick from the choices, bringing the food with us is a security risk. It might not be as dangerous as outright walking into Wizarding London as a stranger or as ourselves, but there might be some raised questions such as where the food came from as it certainly isn't local cuisine.

Actually, Alf, may I ask if it is possible for us to transport this through the Book of Potions?

In the event we can, we could certainly bring it with us while minimizing the risks, though we might want to not share it all that much - especially publicly - just to make sure that word of it doesn't get out. This crosses out the choice that involves sharing it with others. Weaponizing it might give us similar results.

As such, it comes down to either bringing it because we don't want Rin's work to go to waste, or not bringing it at all for the sake of security.
    Last edited by mr_Trickster; January 23rd, 2017 at 12:42 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    Of course, the most apparent thing to point out is the fact that regardless of what reason we pick from the choices, bringing the food with us is a security risk. It might not be as dangerous as outright walking into Wizarding London as a stranger or as ourselves, but there might be some raised questions such as where the food came from as it certainly isn't local cuisine.
    Less that it isn't local cuisine, since Shinji has been known to ask the house-elves of Hogwarts to make different dishes for him, and more that the ingredients that go into it are not readily found in Britain at all (the spices and the tofu throwing the biggest red flags), which brings up interesting questions about how he was able to procure this dish.

Actually, Alf, may I ask if it is possible for us to transport this through the Book of Potions?
    This is certainly possible.

In the event we can, we could certainly bring it with us while minimizing the risks, though we might want to not share it all that much - especially publicly - just to make sure that word of it doesn't get out. This crosses out the choice that involves sharing it with others. Weaponizing it might give us similar results.
    Depends on how you weaponize it. I'm not advocating throwing the dish in someone's eyes, but if you were able to create a spray or aerosol with an extreme concentration of capsaicin, you could create something highly useful for disabling your enemies (or killing them by making them choke to death, depending on how much capsaicin there is), giving them the feeling of being set on fire all over, with the sensation of their skin boiling and sloughing off as white hot knives are plunged into their eyes and airway. Enough can even cause cardiac arrest, so its a mundane, but highly potent chemical weapon!

I'm sure Miss Lestrange would approve.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 23rd, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

Less that it isn't local cuisine, since Shinji has been known to ask the house-elves of Hogwarts to make different dishes for him, and more that the ingredients that go into it are not readily found in Britain at all (the spices and the tofu throwing the biggest red flags), which brings up interesting questions about how he was able to procure this dish.
    I imagine this would ultimately come down to who becomes aware of our bringing with us?

This is certainly possible.
    Duly noted. Thank you.

Depends on how you weaponize it. I'm not advocating throwing the dish in someone's eyes, but if you were able to create a spray or aerosol with an extreme concentration of capsaicin, you could create something highly useful for disabling your enemies (or killing them by making them choke to death, depending on how much capsaicin there is), giving them the feeling of being set on fire all over, with the sensation of their skin boiling and sloughing off as white hot knives are plunged into their eyes and airway. Enough can even cause cardiac arrest, so its a mundane, but highly potent chemical weapon!

I'm sure Miss Lestrange would approve.
    Oh, that certainly does sound interesting and may warrant some further exploration - if only because that may be useful to us in the future. Considering it would be a mundane chemical weapon, would it be correct to imagine that it's not exactly all that expected?

In the meantime, it might be worth studying further.

[x] - Yes, because extreme spice is a weapon to be leveraged against his enemies

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    I imagine this would ultimately come down to who becomes aware of our bringing with us?
    Indeed.

Oh, that certainly does sound interesting and may warrant some further exploration - if only because that may be useful to us in the future. Considering it would be a mundane chemical weapon, would it be correct to imagine that it's not exactly all that expected?
    Yeah. Most potioneers prepare to deal with magical toxins (the bezoar is handy in that way), not mundane chemical weapons, though there may be one or two which account for the possibility of more mundane substances being turned against them and keep up some kind of wind barrier. It all depends on what their mindset and combat style, as well as their affinities and what they've been exposed to. Still, it wouldn't be detected as a magical item, and hence would often be overlooked by many wizards, tis true...