Page 119 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1969109114117118119120121124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well then, it seems things are sufficiently slanted in one direction that I'll call it.

Choice 149: Fallacy's option + Skull Leader's amendments
    Choice 150: Fred

Choice 151: Arranging to visit either Fred or Draco would be a difficult task at best, given that for all that the Ministry refused to acknowledge that the two young men were currently at Hogwarts, the section of the school where they were being housed and treated was cordoned off, with some of Britain's precious supply of Aurors assigned to patrol the area, disillusioned, wary of any would be treachery or interference during the ongoing investigation.

Thus, if one wanted to visit either of them, one would have to find a way to sneak past the invisible patrols and enter the room, without detection - something that would be nearly impossible for most wizards to manage, given that the conventional methods of achieving invisibility would not do anything to prevent them from being detected by the homenum revelio spell, or by the perimeter of runes that had been set up at the doors to remove the enchantments of any unauthorized person passing through.

Of course, Matou Shinji was not most wizards, having means and ways that most in Britain could not begin to imagine.

Or rather, he had a loyal familiar who was capable of fairly incredible things, who could bypass any patrols or defenses while in spirit form, following one of the healers into the room of his chosen target, utterly unnoticed. In the room, Zelkova waited for the woman to finish her business with her patient and leave, closing the door behind her, before he set a single ofuda on the ground and sent a signal through the mental connection he shared with his master.Moments later, Matou Shinji appeared soundlessly in the room, eyebrows raised faintly in surprise, as he hadn't been sure that would work. Over the course of the break, in between potions and time with Luna, he'd finally managed to unlock the flow-walking ability, but this was the first time he was going across half the castle instead of merely across the span of a room.

'This technique is truly a powerful thing...' he mused. Previously, he'd simply thought of it as a movement ability that was invaluable in battle, but he'd never considered how it could be used to bypass rather formidable defenses to allow him to reach a high-value target or such, as he wasn't an assassin.

He turned his attention to the unconscious figure laying on the room's only piece of furniture, a white, sterile thing that did not seem comfortable at all - though he supposed that Fred wouldn't notice in his current state, for it was indeed Fred he had gone through such pains to visit, mostly to see if there was anything he could do for his former friend and comrade in arms, even if he was not exactly well-versed in the healing arts.

'Pants at them is what I am,' Shinji thought ruefully. 'Zelkova, would you mind looking Fred over? Perhaps you can see something the Healers have missed?'

'Certainly, Master,' the kodama replied, still invisible to all present. 'Ah, I see the problem, Master,' Zelkova's voicecame crisp and clear over their mental link. 'His spiritual core has been irreparably damaged.'

Shinji blinked.

'...how?'

'From the current situation, I believe that he was assaulted with a tremendous amount of yang prana that flooded - and shattered - his spiritual core, aside from the physical trauma it caused.'

Shinji blinked again.

'What? But I thought that yang was healing energy?'

...and that its main application in battle was to make a spell much more physically potent, not to induce spiritual damage, unlike the yin prana he was more than capable of drawing on.

'As one who studied magecraft, you are aware how attempting to channel or hold prana in excess of one's capacity can damage or destroy a magus' circuits. It is similar with practitioners of witchcraft, though much more severe, given that their magic is a part of who they are.'

And while a practitioner of witchcraft could not ordinarily overload themselves, yang prana, which could be used to heal or to refill one's stores - could also be used to induce a destructive overload in another, if the caster so wished, much as a scalpel could be used in the service of medicine - or as a weapon.

'...I see,' Shinji noted, taking in this information with a frown. 'And is there anything we can do for Fred? I know neither of us are particularly adept at healing, but this doesn't seem to be a matter of that, since he is physically whole again...'

The kodama was silent for a long moment, with Shinji starting to become concerned before his familiar spoke again through their mental link.

'There is one thing,'
    the familiar related with obvious reluctance. 'Though it is an option I do not particularly care for.'

'What is it?' Shinji inquired, wondering what it was that had Zelkova so unsettled.

'With his spiritual core is damaged beyond repair, and the uncontrolled magic flowing from it continually damaging him physically and spiritually, the only way to prevent further harm and allow him to wake is to seal away his core entirely.'

A course of action that would leave Fred Weasley - even if he did awaken - as a muggle in a magical world.

Helpless, powerless, alone.

'...I'm not sure I like that option,' Shinji admitted. 'Is there anything else we could do for him? Anything less...unpleasant?'

'You could grant him the mercy of a quick and painless death,'
    was the reply. 'Ending his suffering and allowing his soul to pass on to the Other Side of the World.'

'How is that is the less unpleasant alternative?' Shinji questioned incredulously. And was there no other choice besides ending Fred's life himself or taking away the boy's magic, leaving his former friend...essentially in the state that he had been before he came to Hogwarts?

'From what I have seen of Fred Weasley, he would fall into despair without his power. His nature as a wizard - a practitioner of witchcraft - is central to what he is. If you took that from him, he might wake, yes, but I do not think his mind would ever fully recover from the shock of losing everything that he is.'

'You mean...?'

'That there are risks, Master. He may go mad, or take his own life, even should you seek to spare it.'

'...I'm starting to think I should just leave him here and let nature take its course,'
    Shinji grumbled, shaking his head. 'There really are no good options here, are there?'

'That is sometimes the way of things. Yet even so, you must choose...'

So, what is it that Shinji chooses to do? (choose one)

[ ] Seal away Fred's spiritual core - and magic - entirely, leaving him a Muggle
    [ ] Release Fred from his suffering - give him the mercy of a swift and painless death
    [ ] Leave well enough alone - he has wasted enough time here as it is

[x] Seal away Fred's spiritual core - and magic - entirely, leaving him a Muggle

It's not a happy ending, but so long as he's alive, maybe he can find peace.

EDIT:

And Fred's death isn't really something you'd want to have on your conscience.
    Last edited by fallacies; February 7th, 2017 at 12:34 PM.

Ah, damn it.
    Well, we should stop the continuos damage anyway, so

[x] Seal away Fred's spiritual core - and magic - entirely, leaving him a Muggle

I'd not take it as something permanent - we've already seen a fair share of miracles. Moreover, we're going to create miracle ourselves during the Poutions Championship. There are still chances - as long as Fred lives.

And now we reached the hardest decision one can make in their own life. And there is no clear moral high ground for someone to stand on.

Walk Away Choice: It can seem like the best option for Shinji to make as it washes his hands from the problem but in condemns Fred to a coma while his magic constantly caused pain and further damages himself. Yes, Shinji might be able to sleep better here, but what does it do to Fred's family as they wait and wait hoping for a miracle that will never come? Yet this option does by time for us to find an better solution to the core problem. On the other hand, let's be fully clear here, an aspect of a wise 1000+ year tree does not know of any way to solve this and frankly even the powerful Elixer of Life is unlikely to do anything here due to its not the body that is the problem. Any magic solution to the Soul/core would likely be classified as very very dark and/or bordering to be almost lost magic if not true magic (as I image that it meets the definition of not being able to be done by science). Really I think this is the worst choice (of three horrible options) in the bunch.

Muggle Fred Choice: Again this can be on the surface seem to be an act of mercy as he will be alive and thus a solution can be later found. However, Fred is already before this moment been rapidly go down into the dark abyss mentally and when you slam the whole you are a muggle now at him he will fully break here, end stop. He will break harder than canon Shinji did in FSN as that Shinji never truly had experienced being a real Magus before the dream was pulled away so the fall will not be as great as it will be for Fred. And we all know how well Shinji handled this loss in FSN.

Furthermore, its very easy for all of us to say that its better to live than to be dead, as how bad can it be to live life as a muggle? After all, we live life as muggles and we can find happiness and meaning in our lives so why not Fred? But in a society where the Squibs are considered to be lowest of lows, I am not sure that Fred would ever see it as better than dying. Not without some serious help. Help that, I am not sure he can get as Shinji does not have the time. Fred's family is unlikely to be able to truly help him. And if no one can help guide Fred 100% of the time to adjusting to his new life and keeping him from wallowing in his depression, then we are doing far more harm than good here.

Kill Fred Choice: The final horrible solution to the problem, that I doubt people want to make here. It cuts off any hope of a happy solution latter on. Yet its been the solution that been picked before by others; Lockhart with Hillard, Draco with Cho. This choice will likely have serious effects towards Shinji health in the upcoming New Years Japan stuff as he wrestle thru this choice. Yet between Shiroe's sister giving perspective (as she truly knows what Fred will go thru) and Luna I think Shinji will overcome this. And the rest of the Stonecutters will be crushed at the death of another comrade (or brother for George) and will have no outlet to push the blame towards. No foreign scapegoat or dark wizard to seek revenge against. And another argument one can make that Fred will find peace in crossing over to the Other Side of the World where he can meet up with Hillard and his dead brothers again.

[X]Release Fred from his suffering - give him the mercy of a swift and painless death

On a lighter note, praise be for Ofuda and the unlocking of Flow-walking.

Edit: So for the people that want Fred to be alive as a muggle, has anyone thought of a good plan of action to give support to Fred to keep him mentally stable? Because the Wizard world will throw him away as soon as he has no magic, and Shinji is going to be gone away for the Championship soon. I would like to support this option but I think we need a plan before I am willing to go down this route.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 7th, 2017 at 01:38 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Lockhart with Hillard
    I want to point out that Lockhart didn't actually kill Hillard, as the young man was already rapidly bleeding out from internal injuries (as he had been smashed into the ground by a tree trunk). Even with immediate treatment - which he would not have gotten, since there were jinxes against disapparition up - he would very likely have died anyway, given ruptured lungs, major vessels, etc.

As such, what the Assassin did was to let him die in peace, spinning a fiction for Hillard's mind that took the boy far from the battlefield, to the beginning of a honeymoon with a blushing bride, so he would not die in pain.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; February 7th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    I want to point out that Lockhart didn't actually kill Hillard,
    I am well aware of the large difference there. My point is that Lockhart made a similar choice to end the suffering of Hillard and that he would completely understand Shinji making the choice of killing Fred to spare him suffering from the lost of magic or the pain of being in the coma. An assissin knows the heavy weight that killing someone has, especially a choice like this.

But in further thought on this whole choice, we really have a rock paper scissor choice here.

Kill Fred - Beats a life in a coma, where his magic consistently tries to destroy his body, painfully for him and his love ones.
    Do nothing - Beats a life as a muggle to Fred as this spares him the deep despite he will go thru when he loses everything.
    Live as a Muggle - Beats killing Fred as he has the small hope of a cure or can discover that being a muggle is not the end of the world.

The only thing that I think breaks this over simplification is a true plan of action to support Fred enough so that Life as a muggle downsides are minimized. Thus why I am asking for a plan here, as I am struggling to figure out who can help him or where he can go to get that help. I want to believe in that choice but at the moment I am seeing death to be the option that Shinji would pick as he would not want to live in a world where he did not get a letter from Hogwarts.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 7th, 2017 at 02:59 PM.

So it is a form of closure, then.

It's been said before by Alexandre Dumas that "Blood washes away Dishonor".

After everything that Fred has done, and the many ways we have failed him in pursuit of our own goals, we are made to remember that Fred was once our friend, and one that is deserving of respect and dignity.

Fred, as a wizard and a member of the Stone Cutters, is someone who would much rather have gone down fighting than any other way. While what happened during the Capture the Flag match was certainly accidental, it can at least be said that he went down during a fight, and that allows him to pass with some modicum of his dignity intact.

Conversely, allowing him to live as a muggle would leave him without his pride, or a means to gain it back. He would become more liability than asset to himself, and those around him, for even as a living Stone Cutter, any and all influence he might have been able to exert is lost because he can no longer follow through with what he says - or at least it will look that way in the eyes of the public.

Something that has also been mentioned several times in the Harry Potter books is that there is a matter of "Choosing What is Right and What is Easy".

Before us Matou Shinji is presented with such a choice, one that will shape him for the events to come - events we know are going to be hard, and going to demand much from us, but we know that the price of failure is going to be very, very high.

One of the easy choices is to leave. It will absolve us of any responsibility, and Fred may yet live. But we have run away from a hard choice, and essentially shown to our familiar and to ourselves that we are not capable of making the hard choices when they come.

After all, things can only get harder from here.

Another easy choice is to save his life. It absolves us of our guilt, for after all he is alive, right? Surely he can come up with something should he live, yes?

We ought to remember that a Hogwarts Education means that they do not receive any education that will let them live life outside of a world of magic. He possesses no skills that will permit him to function as a normal and healthy member of mundane society. His entire skillset, his entire identity is built around magic and how he had become a member of the Stone Cutters.

Take that away from him and what do we have left?

It is also important to establish that we are ready to make the hard choices, ready to sacrifice and accept our faults - for this is, in fact, partially our doing (even if only by not acting).

It's hard to have to take a life. Harder still to take the life of a friend, but doing this will let him die with some of his dignity intact.

[x] - Release Fred from his suffering - give him the mercy of a swift and painless death

Blog Entries
    Hmmm... since this will make him a muggle, rather than a squib, I'll go with-

[X] Release Fred from his suffering - give him the mercy of a swift and painless death
    Last edited by Nanao-kun; February 7th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    We ought to remember that a Hogwarts Education means that they do not receive any education that will let them live life outside of a world of magic. He possesses no skills that will permit him to function as a normal and healthy member of mundane society. His entire skillset, his entire identity is built around magic and how he had become a member of the Stone Cutters.
    Playing Devil's advocate here (weird, since I am currently on your side of things) but new skills can be learned, and people can adapt, if given the right amount of support and help. People can be reforged, maybe not at the same level as Shirou was by his experience trapped in fire, but it can happen.

It occurs me that there is two organizations that have some uses for non-magicals that Shinji is close to. One being not much of a fit for Fred (Atlas) as while potions can be used and brewed (for the most part) by anyone, Fred is not one to be in chained to the cauldron. But the other has some possibles, I think.

Lockhart's organization is made up of magic users to be sure but I do believe as pointed out in a recent chapter, also have non-magic assassins as Severus found out. After all the main skill of them is the art of movement, something that involves no magic, with the help of unorthodox weapons and tactics. And non-magicals, I believe can still use magical weapons, potions and even Ofuda (if made and powered by others). So why not have Fred be trained by Lockhart's group and taught how to survive in the entire world, muggle and magical like? That he can overcome this limit, that he still has value, that he can still fight against dark side (hopeful, with a better understanding of what evil really is).

I am going to change my current vote to [x] Seal away Fred's spiritual core - and magic - entirely, leaving him a Muggle.

And then march Shinji's ass right back into Lockhart's office and make the pled of his life to him for him to fully train Fred, and take care of him, no matter the cost. It worked for us to have Touko train Rin, it can work here. And if Shinji spares Fred's life here, he is taking full responsibility for what becomes of Fred from this point on.

The funny thing about this plan is that for all the talk we have of George becoming Batman, if we do this then it will be Fred that will truly become Batman. As he will be the normal person, that thru cleverness, tricks, and sheer willpower, can match the people that do have super powers such as magic.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It occurs me that there is two organizations that have some uses for non-magicals that Shinji is close to. One being not much of a fit for Fred (Atlas) as while potions can be used and brewed (for the most part) by anyone, Fred is not one to be in chained to the cauldron. But the other has some possibles, I think.
    Potions do require some level of magic to create, as they are shaped by the will and intent of the brewer to a degree, in addition to the magic inherent in the ingredients. Otherwise, Rowling states you get basically some poisonous mixture if a muggle tried to brew them.

Playing Devil's advocate here (weird, since I am currently on your side of things) but new skills can be learned, and people can adapt, if given the right amount of support and help. People can be reforged, maybe not at the same level as Shirou was by his experience trapped in fire, but it can happen.
    That's an excellent point, a large issue that comes up, however, is that Fred's mindset is too far gone from what we've seen so far to be able to still be recoverable.

We've seen it throughout the course of the story: He no longer has any faith in us or in any of the people we put stock in, and is likely to suspect first rather than accept any kind of help.

It has also been stated at the epilogue of the previous book that Sion would prefer to keep the other Stone Cutters members distant and leave them as is. Yes, Atlas is certainly an organization that works with some of the mundane or at least those with that are of open minds.

Fred is not one of those.

Lockhart's organization is made up of magic users to be sure but I do believe as pointed out in a recent chapter, also have non-magic assassins as Severus found out. After all the main skill of them is the art of movement, something that involves no magic, with the help of unorthodox weapons and tactics. And non-magicals, I believe can still use magical weapons, potions and even Ofuda (if made and powered by others). So why not have Fred be trained by Lockhart's group and taught how to survive in the entire world, muggle and magical like? That he can overcome this limit, that he still has value, that he can still fight against dark side (hopeful, with a better understanding of what evil really is).
    This is much more so for this. Lockhart has already approached many that he believes he will be able to turn to his side in the coming conflict.

Fred, as someone that was so publicly supportive of the war effort, so apparent in his hate and disdain for everything that isn't British, is unlikely to be recruited into an order that is more interested in making sure justice is meted out equally and far, far more open to the rest of the world and what it offers.

It really should be remembered that there is a war coming. One that is going to split Britain apart and is already too close to happening to still be stopped.

Imagine what a muggle former-Stone Cutter member would be like caught in this? One related to those like Ginny, Ron, and George Weasley who are all Ourea Members and active members of the Stone Cutters.

Would Fred be alright with being a risk for them? A potential hostage for what little family he has left?
    Last edited by mr_Trickster; February 7th, 2017 at 05:41 PM. Reason: War coming is now a red truth.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Out of curiosity if he has magic circuits would those also be affected or could he possibly still become a magus? Or can a person only have one of those things?

Also I'm mostly leaning towards leaving him be. It'd be nice if he could tough it out somehow, but at least his fate is up to him and his will to live then. I'm not sure that killing a friend, even if it's out of mercy would be good for his mental health and ultimately such decisions should be left to the family members and be decided by someone that just happens to be there. All the good intentions in the world don't make this less of a crime. Seeing as that option has no chance of winning right now I might just choose to seal his magical core as hope still remains then and it isn't the ultimate end.

I've mentioned in an above entry that the current choice is going to be something that will likely shape how Shinji thinks and acts in the future.

We've been punished before for zig-zagging between lines of actions especially when we opt to bail out at the last minute, or half-ass our commitment to things.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the fall of Fred was something we could have prevented, and something that we ought to take responsibility for. In many aspects, either leaving him be or sealing him is the same as taking the easy way out in that it absolves us of any responsibility regarding his well-being after we do so (Because I find it highly unlikely that he will be willing to reconcile with us should he realize that he has lost all of his magic due to an action we took directly).

As Zelkova mentioned in the entry that Alf presented, magic is part of who he is, part of everyone that is a witch or wizard. To take part of him away in such a manner and to force him to live an incomplete life while showing him constantly everything he has lost is downright cruel to him.

And this would prove that Shinji is unable to stick to his guns when the going gets tough. Unable to abide by honor and abide by his word to do what is right - this is made especially worse as we have constantly made choices to state that we do what we do because we believe it is the right thing.

Fred, as someone that was so publicly supportive of the war effort, so apparent in his hate and disdain for everything that isn't British, is unlikely to be recruited into an order that is more interested in making sure justice is meted out equally and far, far more open to the rest of the world and what it offers.
    True that. But Malfoy's government has no use for a stone cutter without magic, so they will throw Fred away as soon as the find out. And everyone of the people that been Fred's fans will at best feel pity for Fred and will basically turn on him. That will yes, destroy Fred but at the same time break Fred's image of Magical Britain and force him to question if any of them truly care about him from the start. Thus why he needs someone like Lockhart to step in and open his eyes to peoples true natures. And in the process help recover Fred's mental heath by removing his blind devotion that he had. A rebirth if you will.

And frankly, Shinji is the one person that can truly understand the dark places Fred's mind will go when it sinks in that to all the people that he risked his life for now find him useless. Shinji would now that I think about it not pity Fred's position but empathize with it. And if Sion can give purpose to Shinji in his dark moments as well as a simple letter, than why not step in and be that person for Fred, even if they might hate you at the moment that you step in? It's what she would do.

Would Fred be alright with being a risk for them? A potential hostage for what little family he has left?
    You can't hit what you can't see, nor can you capture them if you are fully trained in the art of Stealth and movement. The art of blending into a crowd, to vanish leaving little trace of existence, to be that silence shadow in the distance only to strike at the right moment with a dagger. That isn't a hostage, that is the mark of a unsung dark knight. Need I remind you what someone like the Magus Killer can do with the right skills and Muggle weapons, even without magic (granted he had magic)?

I am not saying this plan is without large hurdles, or that it is perfect but the possibility exists if we can convince Lockhart to do it as well as guide Fred to the correct mindset by not giving up.

As Zelkova mentioned in the entry that Alf presented, magic is part of who he is, part of everyone that is a witch or wizard. To take part of him away in such a manner and to force him to live an incomplete life while showing him constantly everything he has lost is downright cruel to him.

And this would prove that Shinji is unable to stick to his guns when the going gets tough. Unable to abide by honor and abide by his word to do what is right - this is made especially worse as we have constantly made choices to state that we do what we do because we believe it is the right thing.
    There is no moral high ground here, killing him because he could not stand to be muggle is not right as not only are you playing god here but you are also saying that there is no chance that he could find redemption in being a muggle. And sealing him away is just as cruel if he suffers from his lose of magic if nothing is done to help him.

Thus why if we save him, then we have to be fully committed to helping him for the rest of this game (in just as deep as we have taken the whole Fleur Guarding thing so far)as we will be the one responsible for whatever he does from that point because we could have ended his suffering right here.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 7th, 2017 at 06:07 PM.

True that. But Malfoy's government has no use for a stone cutter without magic, so they will throw Fred away as soon as the find out. And everyone of the people that been Fred's fans will at best feel pity for Fred and will basically turn on him. That will yes, destroy Fred but at the same time break Fred's image of Magical Britain and force him to question if any of them truly care about him from the start. Thus why he needs someone like Lockhart to step in and open his eyes to peoples true natures. And in the process help recover Fred's mental heath by removing his blind devotion that he had. A rebirth if you will.
    But that's the thing, though. Malfoy's government will likely have a use for him. I've mentioned in red that Fred is still related to some influential Weasley's especially noting Ginny, Ron, and George.

Considering one is an established unstable member of the Stone-Cutters (and suspected of being in-league with Dark Lord Matou) (And one we know is already working with Pansy and may or may not be working with Lockhart), and also related two members of the Ourea - one of which being its active head, Malfoy has a vested interest in keeping a hold on Fred.

After all, with three people that may be likely to turn and join Shinji should the foreigner start anything, wouldn't you want a hostage? A helpless, hostage that is unlikely to fight back?

And frankly, Shinji is the one person that can truly understand the dark places Fred's mind will go when it sinks in that to all the people that he risked his life for now find him useless. Shinji would now that I think about it not pity Fred's position but empathize with it. And if Sion can give purpose to Shinji in his dark moments as well as a simple letter, than why not step in and be that person for Fred, even if they might hate you at the moment that you step in? It's what she would do.
    And that's the thing. Shinji can understand what might go through Fred's mind should he wake to find himself without magic.

There's a bit of a difference, however, and that's that Shinji not only got sent a lifeline, Shinji also had an open mind, one willing to learn from any avenues presented to him so long as he could find progress.

Fred has not shown any such predisposition since returning from Japan and had, in fact, gone on to lose the familiar he had forged a pact with in the first place.

You can't hit what you can't see, nor can you capture them if you are fully trained in the art of Stealth and movement. The art of blending into a crowd, to vanish leaving little trace of existence, to be that silence shadow in the distance only to strike at the right moment with a dagger. That isn't a hostage, that is the mark of a unsung dark knight. Need I remind you what someone like the Magus Killer can do with the right skills and Muggle weapons, even without magic (granted he had magic)?

I am not saying this plan is without large hurdles, or that it is perfect but the possibility exists if we can convince Lockhart to do it as well as guide Fred to the correct mindset by not giving up.
    As mentioned, a close-minded person is not someone that will be a good recruit to the moonlit world. Even worse so if we make a move that completely shatters his worldview so thoroughly that there is little left.

He'd have lost his family, lost his agency as a person, lost even the beliefs that had been his only grounding force over the course of the past year.

What would he have left? Why should he go on?

At that point, it would be the same as killing him, Shinji would have just proven he lacks the spine to do it himself.

Alf, if I may ask, would Lockhart still consider Fred as a possible recruit?
    Last edited by mr_Trickster; February 7th, 2017 at 06:11 PM.

You make some good points here. Might I suggest that if you have time Mr. Trickster that we talk out this in real time on IRC on #FateHQ?

You make some good points here. Might I suggest that if you have time Mr. Trickster that we talk out this in real time on IRC on #FateHQ?
    I don't mind, though I won't be able to do so for a few hours (five, at least) yet. I'm a bit indisposed right now (in the office).
    Last edited by mr_Trickster; February 7th, 2017 at 06:23 PM.

No problem we can do this later then I will hang around in it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Out of curiosity if he has magic circuits would those also be affected or could he possibly still become a magus? Or can a person only have one of those things?
    It's a moot point, since Fred does not have Magic Circuits, just as most humans do not have spiritual cores (you generally have one or the other - though Dead Apostles or those like them can develop an organ that isn't entirely dissimilar to a core,).

Alf, if I may ask, would Lockhart still consider Fred as a possible recruit?
    Not in his comatose state!
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; February 7th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Not in his comatose state!
    Right. I suppose I walked into that. Sorry.

May I amend: Would Lockhart consider Fred a possible recruit should he wake? Considering the mindset he has been in as of late?