Page 13 of 299 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    [x] Shikigami

Gotta rack up them Touko points. She's actually difficult to keep around, wheras Zelkova is stuck with us.

Also, it was pretty obvious you need much more to take Zouken out, but considering everything, Sakura might not even be dead either. Then again, weighty consequences, good writing, and all. Breaking this to Rin(and Illya) is another critical point to keep in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think about it, it's not clear whether Shinji actually knows Sakura is dead either. So having a session with Rin where we just tell her everything to avoid her feeling played may not even be an option.

change to
    [x] Shikigami

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    If he still had the Elixir of Life on him, during this chapter, he could have given it to Zouken and none of this would've happened. And the most tragic loss of all, down the line Zouken would've remembered the past and would've started to redeem himself. Would have loved to see that.
    We alredy knew that but it wouldnt have given us any benefits for the potion championship thats why people went with Shiro.

Btw, i tottlay call it that getting a new residence was a foreshadowing for us breakin ties with the Matou.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    For those picking shikigami, Touko points aren't really a concern right now seeing as her tutelage probably isn't going to help too much with the potions championship. Ayaka and Zelkova are more important right now seeing as Shinji will be working extensively with the two of them.

[X] Water
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    For those picking shikigami, Touko points aren't really a concern right now seeing as her tutelage probably isn't going to help too much with the potions championship. Ayaka and Zelkova are more important right now seeing as Shinji will be working extensively with the two of them.

[X] Water
    I need Alf confirming this but isnt the final choice at the end of this summer?

Blog Entries
    [X] Yin

[X] Water
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; January 1st, 2016 at 03:31 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saki View Post
    I need Alf confirming this but isnt the final choice at the end of this summer?
    This is not the final choice this summer - we are merely in mid-July, with several months to go. There are events in motion that have yet to play out, after all, before we can reach such a point.

Things like Fred's dueling practice, what George may have bought, their own familiar journey, Shinji's survival training.

And of course, the wonderful sporting event called the Quidditch World Cup.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 1st, 2016 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    And of course, the wonderful sporting event called the Quidditch World Cup.
    Isnt shinji not going there?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Isnt shinji not going there?
    Correct, he's not going there. He even gave away his tickets to Arthur Weasley and family. Wasn't it generous of him?

[x] Shikigami

Well, Shinji chains have been broken. Fusion has set him free. Now we will see if the people around him are really his friends now that Shinji has no family name. Will Touko care about us now that she can not seek further reimbursements with his former family? Will Lockhart still train us without the so called support are grandad? Will the lack of a family name, regurdless of it being foreign, affect how the pure bloods view Shinji in England? How will Rin respond to all of this (likely bad as she can not take the stress of the clocktower, and then added in the death of her sister and the plan to steal everything from her)? All questions that will be answered over the rest of the year.

The more and more we learn about Hijiri. the more and more I want Shinji to learn under her as a disciple. She has almost all of the same abilities as he does. Ofuda, fusion form, and same familar. She could teach us the skills that Shinji uses on a day to day basic better then anyone else he has met. It is a shame that so far she has seen Shinji as nothing special.

[X] Water

Water because, its the best choice we have with the wand we have remaining. Water training will work well with that wand. It will help with the environment challenges that are coming up this year. Its was the plan we had from last year, to first work on earth then water so let's follow there with it.

I dont see much of an external problem for Shinji.
    Touko doesnt care about family name so she will be like "Oh, you abandoned the Matos, ok".
    England doesnt know shit about Shinji family exept for what he says.
    Rin may say something but she never cared for the Matous at all so it will probably be all about Sakura and its not like shinji will tell her that there was a plot to seduce her that never even started.
    Lockhart cares more about his capabilities than his name. Zouken support was in the form of the blade he gave Shinji and he still has it.
    All in all Shinji problems with this development are going to be self inflicted depending in how much does he blames him self.
    He even, without knowing, faked his death so the Einzbern dropped the man hunt and we may not hear about them until the Grail War.

Side question, does what we choose to train has any effect on how Shinji developes fusion form?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Side question, does what we choose to train has any effect on how Shinji develops fusion form?
    Of course it does. What you master does affect what you can use in fusion form, after all. Each element or skill has some effect on the whole.

Since the relations with Touko seem to be main concern behind choosing shikigami, I want to point out that we will be able to spend the time in Mahoutokoro and there are more things that we can do for her than we can do for Zelkova. And Zelkova is constantly with us, helping us, often saving our ass.
    Not to mention that elemental magic proved extremely useful so far.

EDIT:
    Zouken support was in the form of the blade he gave Shinji and he still has it.
    IIRC Lockhart has been exchanging letters with Zouken.
    Last edited by Sataniel; January 1st, 2016 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    IIRC Lockhart has been exchanging letters with Zouken.
    I belive that if Shinji didnt have any talent he wouldnt have made him the lider of the Ourea, no matter what some guy in the other side of the globe could have said.

I belive that if Shinji didnt have any talent he wouldnt have made him the lider of the Ourea, no matter what some guy in the other side of the globe could have said.
    I don't deny that, but falling out with Zouken may result in Lockhart looking at us slightly less positively.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    It likely depends on what Lockhart thinks about Zouken. I imagine Lockhart will ask Shinji about it, assuming Lockhart finds out. But given Zouken will likely cut off all contact with Lockhart, I don't really see how he would find out.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Tough choice. With our good wand gone, focusing ilon [Water] to enhance our water-aligned wand and boost Zelkova seems like a good thing. But without Zouken and the Matou family our only real support in the magus world beyond the distant Atlas is Touko herself, and I imagine a squad of remote [Shikigmi] that can help sense and scout and scavenge potion ingredients or whatever would also be helpful.

I'm not that interested in Yin with the loss of the Wotm Wand. I'll save that for the game repeat where we go Full Dark and revive the ailing Matou family.

- - - Updated - - -

Tough choice. With our good wand gone, focusing ilon [Water] to enhance our water-aligned wand and boost Zelkova seems like a good thing. But without Zouken and the Matou family our only real support in the magus world beyond the distant Atlas is Touko herself, and I imagine a squad of remote [Shikigmi] that can help sense and scout and scavenge potion ingredients or whatever would also be helpful.

I'm not that interested in Yin with the loss of the Wotm Wand. I'll save that for the game repeat where we go Full Dark and revive the ailing Matou family.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah whoops.

[×] Shikigami

The loss was the misterious wish granting power of the wand or something like that.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, can shinji please draw on his childhood experiences and call himself Wakame Shinji? With the alternate kanji for Wakame of 若芽?

That kanji from my (admittedly limited) understanding means sprout, new shoot, young bud, etc etc.

I like it as representing how Shinji is this new individual free of family ties who has just begun to grow in his potential and his character.