Page 149 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4999139144147148149150151154159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Then i'd play safe -

Choice 198:
    [x] Go into Fusion, and use Zelkova's abilities to save him

Fusion is shinji's biggest trump, maybe revealing it isnt the best idea?

So not only did we create the path towards making the master tier potion I had the least excitement by far for, we also had to go to the manly panic so that we can fall off towards a possible death. Oh yah, be still my everlasting joy. And a potion that causes you to become closer to a sprite is not something that will go over great with the current homefront. *Sigh

I am going to blame this all on some evil feminist conspiracy that must have plotted against Shinji. We should have listened to Kenji, may his eyes keep seeing the truth.

But on a side note, now is the time to learn to fly, yes? Makes one wish we had time to learn the skill from Tomas or bought a simple ring of featherfall. And we even get the great awesome choice of simply waiting to see if someone or something will save Shinji...which may be an ok choice if Shinji had taken the luck potion beforehand.

So my options are hope for a miracle (not happening), cast while under the influence (oh boy), use a new skill that barely works on a good day while under the influence (even more oh boy) or use the main ace card shinji has in front of half of the champions (great). Peachy.

Oh well, at least we have a good road ahead of getting this potion train finished and Shinji becoming famous (or is that infamous). Now we need to just focus on surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Fusion is shinji's biggest trump, maybe revealing it isnt the best idea?
    What choice do you see will allow Shinji to survive this with minimum risk? Casting might work, but he has little time to cast since the building can not be that tall. Gravity is a harsh mistress. But on the other hand, Arresto Momentum is a charm spell, which happens to be Shinji's forte. Also depends on what wand Shinji uses. His non-staff wand is good with charms but has that problem of influenced by Shinji's emotions and set of being, so the wand itself could be drunk.

Is one drop of FF a full dose? Did we use up the full potion for this experiment?
    Last edited by Skull Leader; August 2nd, 2017 at 11:22 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    So not only did we create the path towards making the master tier potion I had the least excitement by far for, we also had to go to the manly panic so that we can fall off towards a possible death.
    I thought you were less excited about the Elixir of Transference.

Is one drop of FF a full dose? Did we use up the full potion for this experiment?
    One full dose of FF is about 4 drops, good for a total of 12 hours. You have 3 drops remaining, or about 9 hours of extraordinary luck.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

So I did the math, Alf told me that Shinji is falling from 3 stories up, which means that he has about 2 seconds to do whatever he is about to do, and the first second is likely used up for Shinji to start acting since his slowed reactions time from being drunk. And Alf has confirmed to me that write in are allowed, so we can get creative people.

So my suggestion is for shinji to

[X] Write in: Pull out his wand, and quickly cast Spongify at his landing spot.

Its one of the fastest spells that I can think of that would help Shinji. In addition, it is the spell that he used before when he was jumped off a broom during one of the Snape's challeges last year. So he knows the spell and done it before.

Other ideas I have is a earth ofuda to catch him or pole vault with his wand-staff or just go fusion and say to hell with hiding his abilities. But this one is the simplest answer I can give that might be quick enough to save him. Time is the biggest problem combined with his drunk state. Thought if you wait, Zelkova might be able to save his master, but that would be revealing.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; August 3rd, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Do not reveal Fusion at this point. Especially when we are inebriated, that might hurt us more than anything else.

[x] Wait.

I assume this is the option where we trust one of these guys to help us (or something else happens).
    Meaning there is a chance they will have to reveal theirs hands. And Shinji will owe them, opening a path for future collaboration.
    Let's go with this I say.

Are write-in even allowed here?

So I did the math, Alf told me that Shinji is falling from 3 stories up, which means that he has about 2 seconds to do whatever he is about to do, and the first second is likely used up for Shinji to start acting since his slowed reactions time from being drunk.
    Yeah, about 1.62 sec if we assume it's 3.6m per floor. (btw, even our, rather lenient regulations enforce 1.2m roof railing... Seeems like wizarding developers take it easier)
    As to me, any experiments with Leviousa or flow-walking are out of question. We may wait, yes, but i don't like this passive position - we're some sort of hero wannabe, not damsel in distress...
    I think i'll second Skull Leader's write-in - Potion challenges were memorable events, so the spell is somewhat imprinted in us.

[X] Write in: Pull out his wand, and quickly cast Spongify at his landing spot.

Blog Entries
    ITT: trying to pull off the cool factor when drunk.

You guys think that Shinji will have enough time to realize that he is falling, pull out his wand, remember the spell motion & properly reproduce it and have the spell itself taking effect before the guy hits the ground? Especially when highly intoxicated? Sure, why not.

Can't see how that's a better option than relying on an outside factor.

Alf wrote a wait option, there must be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Can't see how that's a better option than relying on an outside factor.

Alf wrote a wait option, there must be a reason.
    In my mind, if someone is going to act to save Shinji, their action would happen regardless of whatever Shinji might start to do, as no one has time to see if someone else is going to act. Action must be taken.

And I don't think that the wait option is there for some hidden reason, Alf tends to like Choices that would work if you had picked other previous choices. Say if you had drank the luck potion earlier that day.

If you do not like this plan, you could come up with a better plan. The fastest idea I had, was use Shinji's hidden blade against the buildings wall that he falling next to slow his descent so he has more time, but that has two problems. 1) He shows the assassin tool to the person that likely just tried to kill him who may or may not be a templar. 2) Shinji would ruin the blade doing said action.

Alright, what do we have here.

[ ] Go into Fusion, and use Zelkova's abilities to save him
    The safest option that will no doubt save Shinji, but it reveals our biggest trump card to our competitors before the competition has even started.

[ ] Try to use the levitation charm on his clothing to stop him from falling
    As Alf has said:
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    ...you don't have your wand in hand.

...You are also drunk, so take a penalty to skill use.
    As a result, this is a very risky option.

[X] Flow-walk back to his dorm room, if he can manage it
    Alf, exactly how far have we advanced in flow-walking? Even so, this may end up revealing one of our hidden abilities if one of the guys wonders how we even got back to our dorm room (if none of them actually see him fall of the roof).

[ ] Wait
    This is either the die option, or the deus ex machina option where somehow someone saves Shinji and we owe them a life debt or something.

Welp, I'm choosing Flow-walking. Seems less risky than the 2nd or 3rd option, and less revealing than thr 1st option.
    Last edited by Haunter; August 3rd, 2017 at 09:10 AM.

[x]Wait.
    Maybe this is gonna be our first game over, lets see.

Blog Entries
    And I don't think that the wait option is there for some hidden reason, Alf tends to like Choices that would work if you had picked other previous choices. Say if you had drank the luck potion earlier that day.
    I don't think Alf do instant death option. It would have to be a cumulative thing. There was no build up for that precise case.

Besides, Harry in canon survives worst on his second year, and arguably third year. At worst we get broken bones, which can be fixed easily. Unless the CAS did not bring competent people to heal champions during a competition where severe injuries are likely to happen.

If you do not like this plan, you could come up with a better plan.
    There is no good plan, you're falling from a roof after drinking too much.

If Shinji had the mental fortitude for casting spells in that state during a free fall, he would not have lost his balance and slipped off. Alf even had to go and tell us that he gets a malus for spellcasting.

Thus, your plan isn't better than mine really.

You might as well attempt a Jojo pose for all the good that will do to you. In fact, you might very well break your wand in this instance, which wouldn't be positive news.

Either you save yourself by using your special skills (and again no guarantee you'll manage that either) or someone/something intervenes and save you.

The fastest idea I had, was use Shinji's hidden blade against the buildings wall that he falling next to slow his descent so he has more time, but that has two problems. 1) He shows the assassin tool to the person that likely just tried to kill him who may or may not be a templar. 2) Shinji would ruin the blade doing said action.
    I don't want Shinji to reveal his hand over a dumb accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    Welp, I'm choosing Flow-walking. Seems less risky than the 2nd or 3rd option, and less revealing than thr 1st option.
    I can follow your logic for the most part but I can not understand the reasoning behind how you think flow walking is less risky, this ability barely works for short distance on good conditions. He just learned the skill, and you want to teleport Shinji, while drunk across the town? How is that less risky then pulling out a wand and casting a spell?

And while Alf did not add the write in choice in the official choice, I talked to him on IRC and he confirmed that we can do a write in here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    I don't want Shinji to reveal his hand over a dumb accident.
    Me neither but waiting is the most stupid idiotic plan I have ever heard us ever consider. Its worst then the whole let's read a text book to stay awake while on watch choice. Would Touko approve of this plan? Hell no she would not. You have to save yourself, and frankly no amount of secrecy is worth being dead over.

My plan might not be that great but its a hell a better than waiting for Deus Ex event or thinking that we will simple use a continue to back step this event.

But hey I look forward to Touko chewing us out at the Dojo event when Shinji dies if people continue to think that waiting is going to work.

And for the record, Shinji might not of just drunkly fell off the ledge, not after opening up to the Russian, and talking about his family's country of origin. There is always that possibility, we simply do not know enough to say one way or the other here.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; August 3rd, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Use Fusion.

Blog Entries
    ^^You really think Alf spent that much time on this CYOA to off the MC in such a lame way?

Also, why would you assume that nobody is keeping an eye on the adolescents who are party-drinking on a freaking roof? Are these organizers that incompetent to you?

And for the record, Shinji might not of just drunkly fell off the ledge, not after opening up to the Russian, and talking about his family's country of origin. There is always that possibility, we simply do not know enough to say one way or the other here.
    Shinji is drunk enough.

If he can't tell whether he slipped or has been pushed, why do you think he would have enough cognition to be able to get away from this situation with a wand.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 3rd, 2017 at 10:57 AM.

And for the record, Shinji might not of just drunkly fell off the ledge, not after opening up to the Russian, and talking about his family's country of origin.
    Ehm, are we talking about Matou Shinji, child of magi, paranoid enough to get a private bedroom in Hogwarts? I doubt he'll tell anything sensitive to the bunch of strangers.
    On a side note - Daiki does have a point; it's just my overinflated ego rejects waiting for rescue, when we can deal with situation ourselves.
    Last edited by neophyte; August 3rd, 2017 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    I still can't believe you guys went for the "manly picnic". I really should've stopped by to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanao-kun View Post
    I still can't believe you guys went for the "manly picnic".
    Still an opportunity. Do we even have male friends besides Shiroe?

Blog Entries
    Assuming the alternatives wouldn't be worse.

I mean, Shinji needed to relieve some stress before the trials and it was a good occasion to meet with the guys. So, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
    Ehm, are we talking about Matou Shinji, child of magi, paranoid enough to get a private bedroom in Hogwarts? I doubt he'll tell anything sensitive to the bunch of strangers.
    Get passably drunk and your mouth might reveal stuff you would never tell. Especially if someone hits a sore spot, which Zouken would be. Especially this year.

As for Mischa, we know that his family kept a rather accurate description of their archenemy, which Shinji oddly matches. Even if Shinji doesn't reveal his connection to Zouken, he was already seen as suspicious. If on top of that, Mischa knows that wakame hails from very same country to which Makiri fled to, it wouldn't be hard to put two and two together.

Especially with seaweed being a champion while underage, it resonates with a relative of a dark lord to be stronger than average.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 3rd, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can follow your logic for the most part but I can not understand the reasoning behind how you think flow walking is less risky, this ability barely works for short distance on good conditions. He just learned the skill, and you want to teleport Shinji, while drunk across the town?
    The drinking party is on top of the dorm building. So it's not across town.

Also, you are falling head first. So it's not just going to be broken bones if you hit.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; August 3rd, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne