Page 155 of 299 FirstFirst ... 55105145150153154155156157160165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I am on IRC once more. Also annoyed at ignoramuses who spout their opinions of how a CYOA is an inherently flawed and lazy form of storytelling, as if I just back and have no idea where the plot is going.

Designing and executing something like this is not exactly a walk in the park, given the amount of worldbuilding that goes into this, as well as mapping out where choices lead and what choices interact with others. There is the story of the world, and then the player story, which happens in the context of the world. Most of the time, the choices made impact the latter, only verging on the former at certain points.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 3rd, 2017 at 03:44 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Hang out with Shirou.

Choice 210:
    [x] Kohaku, who seeks to catch his eye

Ignoring her would be just mean. Plus, Darth George needs his redhead stabilizer.

Choice 211:
    [x] (write-in) Don't lose any more friends in the next year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I would like to say that this new year wish is for the whole year, not just the time frame of the Potions Championship.
    Good point. I voted to win the competition as it does set up a better starting point for next year.

I think that Shinji getting to know her better and what that act from him means to her is exactly what Shinji needs mentally right now when so much of what he has done this year has been thrown at his face in the worst possible light.
    Yes, I think he would need a reprieve. At the very least, a reminder that not all his actions turned wrong.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I will be on IRC
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 210 - TIEBREAKER: Who does Shinji talk to?

[ ] Fujou Kirie, as he does not know her well as of yet
    [ ] Fujou Shiroe, as he wants to catch up with his old friend

Choice 211 - TIEBREAKER: And what is Shinji's wish for the new year?

[ ] For safety and luck for his friends and companions should he fall in the Potions Tournament
    [ ] To win the Potions Championship.

Choice 212: Who would you like to see a New Years Interlude from? (choose one)

[ ] Severus Snape
    [ ] George Weasley
    [ ] Tohsaka Rin
    [ ] Draco Malfoy
    [ ] Fred Weasley
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

I guess we have to vote again.

[x] Fujou Shiroe, as he wants to catch up with his old friend

[x] For safety and luck for his friends and companions should he fall in the Potions Tournament

[x] Tohsaka Rin
    Rin adventure in Fuyuki sound really interesting specially with Zouken being there.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; September 6th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

[X] For safety and luck for his friends and companions should he fall in the Potions Tournament

The other choice strikes me as being too self-center and selfish to be a good thing to wish for. Even if most of us would like Shinji to win.

Choice 212: I am good with any of these people really. Thought Fred's will just be painful to read.

[X] Draco

[x] Fujou Kirie, as he does not know her well as of yet
    [x] Draco
    [x] victory

[X] Fujou Kirie, as he does not know her well as of yet
    [X] For safety and luck for his friends and companions should he fall in the Potions Tournament
    [X] Tohsaka Rin

BTW, I completely forgot about Snape. What is he supposed to be doing now after resigning and fleeing with the Hallows?

Blog Entries
    Same as previously.

[x] Snape
    Last edited by Daiki; September 6th, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

Choice 210
    [x] Fujou Kirie, as he does not know her well as of yet

Choice 211
    [x] For safety and luck for his friends and companions should he fall in the Potions Tournament

Choice 212:
    [x] Fred Weasley

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Shirou and Fred.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    BTW, I completely forgot about Snape. What is he supposed to be doing now after resigning and fleeing with the Hallows?
    Working with Lockhart, as an Assassin.

Changing my vote to [X] Fred Weasley

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    210: Kirie
    211 : Safety and Luck
    212 : Fred Weasley

Choice 213: Shinji has chosen to talk with Fujou Kirie, with Luna striking up a conversation with none other than Fujou Kohaku, with the redhead mentioning some interesting topics, like game hardware, familiars, food and strange lands - specifically, how Luna travels across many of them and how Kohaku plays games as a way to explore them.

Kohaku mentions that it is a shame that Britain is not allowing mail to be sent from abroad, as she has a few letters she wanted to pass on.

Kirie of course, formally thanks Shinji for his generosity and essentially mentions that if ever he is in need of aid, the Fujou clan is at his service, given the service he has rendered their family.

"I am curious, however. What are your plans for the future, with things as they are in Britain?"

How does Shinji answer? (choose one)

[ ] That he intends to see things through in Britain
    [ ] That he wishes to return to Japan
    [ ] That his plans will see him elsewhere
    [ ] That his plans are at the mercy of the fates
    [ ] (write-in)

[x] That he intends to see things through in Britain

I will admit that unless Shinji is magically banned from Britain, we are very likely to spend the future there, either working with Lockhart's rebellion or for the ministry if he takes their deal if offered. Or in jail if all goes horrible wrong since at this point jail time is well earned by Shinji. While I might not be crazy for Shinji signing on with the ministry or even becoming a citizen of Britain, I think Shinji does need to change the country for the better by sticking it out.

But I can't help but feel that Britain is not the only place rolling around his head. It might have once been a place that he loved and wanted to settle down at but that image has been shattered this year. And Shinji is still stuck on Sion, and I imagine that if he proves himself to her in this Championship that she will have missions for him that lie far beyond just Britain or even Japan. Plus Luna is herself a world wide traveler and wander, I can see Shinji being influenced by her sheer love to see the world for him to go beyond Japan and Britain if he had the option to do that. I can see Shinji becoming like Touko moving from place to place, while using GB or Japan as his home base.

[X] Write in: That he wishes to stay there if he could but wishes to travel the world regardless to explore its mysteries and wonders.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 10th, 2017 at 09:46 PM.

[x] That he doesnt know if he belongs in Britain as it is now

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    That his plans will see him elsewhere.

Although I'm thinking about the far off future here.