Page 160 of 299 FirstFirst ... 60110150155158159160161162165170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm online, should anyone wish to chat
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Based on how this choice is written out the only logical answer is [X] Go North or [X] Open ye Door. Text adventure games for the win.

[X] Wait for Luna

Since the very last choice said that Shinji would wait to explore with Luna, we should follow thru with the plan here.

I enjoy that doors written in german, makes some sense being that everyone is going to sing in German or if we were really paranoid (and we are), one might assume that it would be easy for a German family of Magus to slip into a German production crew.

[X] Wait for Luna

[X] Wait for Luna

Blog Entries
    [x] Wait for Luna.

Although I'm tempted to check on the artists.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Wait for Luna.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 220: [X] Wait for Luna

Choice 221:
    For Matou Shinji, it was a difficult thing to simply wait, given that he'd never been an especially patient person - and nowhere was that more evident than it was here, since every fibre of his body demanded that he do something, given that he was very possibly in a great amount of danger. What that something might be was unclear, given that if it was an Einzbern, his ability to gather information about them without being detected was questionable at best, especially as Zelkova was back in Mahoutokoro, spending time with Shiranui, the great white wolf that was the familiar to the head of the Fujou clan.

Even so, he managed to still himself, drawing upon the discipline of his Earth elemental training to grant himself an unnatural sense of calm. It wasn't stealth, but it helped calm his anxieties and kept him from doing something stupid like be overly sneaky - which would probably make people think he was suspicious. Instead, he waited, as musicians bustled to and fro in the distance, and snatches of germanic verse issued from behind the dressing room doors, with none of them paying the least bit of attention to him, until Luna finally appeared, standing before the door labeled Acht.

"This is the door," she notes, her silvery eyes intense as she examines something on the surface Matou Shinji cannot see. "There is a bounded field here. Not an especially powerful one, but enough to repel foreign prana, or the insubstantial forms of spirits."

"Or to keep prana sealed inside," the boy reasoned, a grim expression sliding over his face.

"Yes," Luna agreed. There was a moment of silence, before she filled it. "There is one foreigner among the soloists. A guest from Europe by the name of Chloe Ainsworth. Are you familiar with the name?"

"...no. I am not."

There was no family of magi he knew of that was named Ainsworth - at least, not in this reality. Perhaps in one of the parallel worlds that the Master of the Second Magic knew of, but not here - which meant this had to be an alias of some kind...

"So what will you do?"

"That's a good question," Shinji noted, weighing his options. "I suppose we can..."

[ ] Knock politely on the door
    [ ] Try to use his ofuda to negate the bounded field
    [ ] Put this out of mind - head back to the main area
    [ ] Head back to the main area and ask if Shiroe can lend any assistance
    [ ] (write-in)

It’s a good thing we didn’t engage in tactical espionage, given our lack of magi aliases, comm voicesm and really, any training in the arts of sneaking stealth. Now there seem to be three pathways for us to undertake in this case: stay and potentially catch a whiff of information regarding Ainsworth and other important persons, leave for help at the obvious risk of information loss, or leave altogether (a non-unreasonable action given the potential dangers involved, any yet one where this particular mystery of Ainsworth and the Einzern(g?), disappears from our fingertips to be unveiled and seen.

It’s an interesting dilemma with everything but the name Chloe Ainsworth and Einzbern, with their overty and very violent vendetta against us, as unknown variables. You’re pretty good.

I won’t vote… yet, but collect my thoughts and do other activities.

[x] Knock politely on the door

As the masquerade-bound magi hide their ruthless nature under the guise of a perfect gentleman.

[x] Head back to the main area and ask if Shiroe can lend any assistance

死者 Corpse
    I want more Shiroe so...
    [x] Head back to the main area and ask if Shiroe can lend any assistance

There is no reason that I can see on why we should go back to Shiroe at this time. We have not gathered any information that warrants their involvement as the facts are pointing away from all out attack, especially one that involves multiple attackers.

And as just ripping down someone's bounded field would be considered an attack on them which would sour any relationship with them if they are not already hostile, I can not pick that option without more evidence of there being ill will.

[x] Knock politely on the door

Blog Entries
    [x] Asks the musicians about the person occupying this room.

Won't hurt to at least attempt to gather intel before deciding on a course of action.
    Last edited by Daiki; October 8th, 2017 at 09:24 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just keep in mind that Shinji will have to think quickly once the door is answered, if it is.

After all, he isn't supposed to be there. Perhaps he can pose as staff or some such...
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; October 6th, 2017 at 06:52 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Just keep in mind that Shinji will have to think quickly once the door is answered, if it is.
    To be fair, Shinji would have to do the same talking to the other musicians as he still is not suppose to be there, and asking questions would just raise flags in their mind.

Thankfully, Shinji is somewhat good at thinking on his feet being a Ravenclaw student with a sytherin mindset. And one is going to need that when they are polymorphed into a random person, and knocking on a stars door when they have never seen him before.

I don't suppose we can have Shinji pretend to be a stagehand, since I doubt that a visiting foreign star is going to know every stagehand that works there.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I don't suppose we can have Shinji pretend to be a stagehand, since I doubt that a visiting foreign star is going to know every stagehand that works there.
    That's certainly possible!

Blog Entries
    Well, that's an idea.

Indeed.

Blog Entries
    What about a knock & pretend to be a stagehand vote?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    What about a knock & pretend to be a stagehand vote?
    I'd be for that then.