Page 164 of 299 FirstFirst ... 64114154159162163164165166169174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    What landmine are you referring to exactly? The most he'd have to say is that he's encountered him several times before. It would be the truth. After all, he's not allied with the servant, is he?
    The landmine is the fact that Saber just had a Makiri, who happened to bring up Lancelot to her face when they summoned him last grail war. Sure Shinji did not know what he did but Saber would not see it that way, that what set her off that chapter. Luna came to the rescue there and caused Saber to think that it was a fluke. But if we bring up Gilgamesh up at this time, then she will surely think that Shinji might be doing this on purpose and will lothe him from this point on.

Enemy Saber is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; October 14th, 2017 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    The landmine is the fact that Saber just had a Makiri, who happened to bring up Lancelot to her face when they summoned him last grail war. Sure Shinji did not know what he did but Saber would not see it that way, that what set her off that chapter. Luna came to the rescue there and caused Saber to think that it was a fluke. But if we bring up Gilgamesh up at this time, then she will surely think that Shinji might be doing this on purpose and will lothe him from this point on.

Enemy Saber is a bad idea.
    Our families (kinda) are allied for the moment, and unless we're suddenly planning on giving up that alliance after all the time and sacrifice we've made to built that up, it's unlikely that her being irked at us is even going to be an issue at all. I'm sure she'd also allow us to explain ourselves, all things considered.

After all, she is a knight, right?

Really, I feel that it's best we work on gathering information right now. We're already behind on a lot of that as is, especially since we spend more time socializing. Something that's already bitten us in the ass more than once this year.

[x] Ask Asa about what being a Knight means to her, since she mentioned being a knight.

Given our totally ruined reputation and recent attempt on our life by the one of those who we were supposed to lead and protect, we should really work on our knight proficiency.

We could know more about her and then tell her of our relationship with Gilgamesh.

Better we do it earlier than later, but preliminary socialization would better soften the blow.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    Really, I feel that it's best we work on gathering information right now. We're already behind on a lot of that as is, especially since we spend more time socializing. Something that's already bitten us in the ass more than once this year.
    Well, information gathering can be socializing, after all. They're not exactly mutually exclusive...

Update: Added a new, harmless choice.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; October 15th, 2017 at 08:01 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    I'm going for it.

[X] Mordred

Blog Entries
    [x] Merlin, the great wizard x2.

Magic + Womanizer + Somewhat foolish. Fits perfectly imo.

Merlin Senpai, notice me!
    Last edited by Daiki; October 16th, 2017 at 01:27 PM.

Favorite [x] Arthur Pendragon, the Once and Future King

[X] Merlin, the great wizard

Well I really don't like saber. But fucking love Arthur.

Also change my vote we can end this:
    [X] Write-in: Ask Asa about what being a Knight means to her since she mentioned being a knight
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; October 15th, 2017 at 09:06 PM.

Favorite: [x] Arthur Pendragon, the Once and Future King

See himself as: [X] Merlin, the great wizard
    Last edited by Haunter; October 16th, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Favorite: Arthur

The one he might see himself as would probably be Merlin.

[X]Favorite: Arthur Pendragon
    [X] Merlin

Who doesn't love the tale of a boy-king that followed an impossible code of honor to create a place of justice, always trying to reach an ever distant goal? That he held to his such high standard of himself that his only fault was not realizing that no one is perfect. Not him, not his knights and certain not his subjects. That in the end it was the flaws in all of us that caused the downfall of Camalot. Bad choices made by its people for the right reasons and sometimes, good choices that were made for the wrong reasons. But all that does not mean the ideal or choice was not a worthy one, as I think Shinji can agree that it is worthy for someone to hold themselves to a higher standard than they might not be able to grasp or attain.

As for the Merlin answer, I agree with people reasoning here but I have to point out another angle that I think Shinji might choose for his reasoning here. Shinji knows nothing about how Merlin really was but what he does know is the wizard version and its connection with Fu-kun. How the so called 'Merlin' was not as he appeared to the wizards and was living his life as one big fat lie, all in the name of his keeping his Master's wishes alive for Humanity. I imagine that Shinji can compare himself more to Fu-kun here more than any of the knights. After all he is working as an agent for the sake of humanity. And I am not sure that Shinji could dare think, if he was being fully honest with himself, of himself as a knight with all of his flaws and self-doubts no matter how many people might tell him that he is a knight. He might wish himself to be a knight or might value their ideals but in no way does he consider himself to truly be one, just a poor intimation of one.

Favorite: [x] Mordred
    See himself as: [X] Merlin, the great wizard

[X]Favourite: Arthur Pendragon
    [X] Merlin

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 225: [x] Ask Asa about what being a Knight means to her, since she mentioned being a knight.
    Choice 226: [x] Arthur Pendragon, the Once and Future King; [x] Merlin, the great wizard

Choice 227: "Why, to answer your question, I've always found myself favoring Arthur Pendragon, the very King of Knights," Shinji replied airily, though he grew more somber as he thought back to a memory from several months ago, specifically one involving a revelation concerning the identity of the Once and Future King. "Though now that you bring up the Matter of Britain, I recall a conversation I had some time ago about how the person we remember today as King Arthur was actually a woman."

"...oh? And who might you have discussed this strange theory with?" Asa Drake questioned coolly, raising a slender eyebrow.

"No one in particular," Shinji remarked, shrugging. "Just a creature by the name of Cath Palug. Strangely enough, he claimed to be Merlin's familiar, though I don't remember the Magus of Flowers ever having a familiar in in any tale I'm aware of."

He was inclined to believe Fou's claim, however, since the King of Heroes had deferred to the small animal, treating it as a being worth of respect.

"As to who I see myself as, well, that's simple - I see myself as Merlin," he continued, a small smile returning to his lips. "After all, I am part of the Order named in his honor."

"...so, like Merlin, may I assume that while you may be capable as a practitioner, you are also someone who could be described as a grandstander, a showman, the cause of many troubles, and, of course...excessively full of love?" Asa inquired slyly.

Shinji winced. That...that hit a little closer to home than he would have preferred.

"I don't know about being the cause of every trouble, but Matou always did seem to enjoy attention - and he does seem excessively full of love, what with him enjoying the company of one beautiful woman after another, be it Miss Lovegood, or his childhood friend, Tohsaka Rin," Fujou Shiroe chimed in, with Shinji throwing him a baleful glare. "What? It's not as if I'm wrong, am I?"

"..."

"As to your question of what being a Knight means to me," Asa Drake spoke up, "it means more than simply being a warrior. It means abiding by the standards of chivalry, and holding the needs of the many above the needs of the few...or the one. My identity as a Knight comes before my gender or nationality." Her face looked troubled for a moment as she looked away. "Unfortunately, my last...the last man who held my contract, was not quite so honorable, and the last conflict I participated in ended...poorly for most concerned..."

"Poorly?"

"It is a not a matter I wish to discuss," the woman replied flatly, though Shinji thought he saw her glance over at Shiroe for the briefest of moments.

"...understood. I apologize for my lack of tact," the Matou scion said simply.

Little is said after that, and before long, the people in charge of the performance begin herding the many attendees - and performers - to their positions, separating them out by vocal range and making sure that everyone is at least somewhat familiar with the music to be performed. Luna interestingly, gets a spot close to the front, while Shinji is further back, finding himself next to Fujou Shiroe.

"...so, you did practice, right, Matou?" the redhead asked quietly.

"...practice?"

"...let's just hope you have good pitch. And a good ear," Shiroe grumbled, but said no more, thinking that Shinji would inevitably find some way to come through smelling of roses.

And surprisingly enough - or not so surprisingly - Shinji does indeed manage well enough. Certainly his is not a voice that rivals those of professionals that train every day, but among a group mostly made of people from the community, it fits well. The music came alive, the efforts of soloists, orchestra, and chorus coming together in a riveting, inspiring performance that was an idealistic blend of elegance, grandeur, warmth, commitment and passion, as if each one, through their singing, was helping to bring light into the world, illuminating even the darkest places with hope.

The music stops. The song comes to an end.

The venue stills - but only for a moment, for in the wake of 10,000 voices falling silent, ten times that many surge to their feet, cheers and lights and thunderous applause filling the air - filling the night with the hope of a better tomorrow, and better year ahead, if they stood firm in courage, in seeking to make a better world.

After the concert ends, with everyone making ready to go their separate ways, Shiroe mentions that the Fujous - and a few of the others who had contributed to making tonight a reality - had been invited to join the soloists and orchestra for a small get together, and that Shinji is welcome to come along, if he wishes - or if he needs to return to Britain - is free to go.

What will Matou Shinji do? (choose one)

[ ] Attend the get together
    [ ] Go back to Mahoutokoro

[x] Go back to Mahoutokoro

[X] Attend the get together

One word: Ilya

And if its not her and we run into hostiles, we have two magus, two wand users, two scary maids, a familiar and an servant...I think we will be ok.

Just don't do something stupid and split the party. And we would never do anything that was that stupid...ah crap Shinji.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Attend.

[x] Attend the get together

One Bad End definitely isn't enough!

Blog Entries
    First option is tempting, yes. I would like to know what returning to Mahoutokoro entails though.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    First option is tempting, yes. I would like to know what returning to Mahoutokoro entails though.
    A chat with some familiars, and perhaps an encounter with Tsuchimikado Hokuto. Or Ayaka.