Page 166 of 299 FirstFirst ... 66116156161164165166167168171176216266 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    Ack. RIP our relationships with Britain and Harry.
    Thus Shinji reaps what he sows.

Well, I don't give a... don't care about Hogwarts students - but losing Flitwick points is somewhat sad.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
    Well, I don't give a... don't care about Hogwarts students - but losing Flitwick points is somewhat sad.
    It's tragic that he doesn't think Shinji is taking the role of champion seriously. The grandstanding and rumors of womanizing isn't quite helping.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; October 26th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Honestly, I am more shocked that Flitwick and Harry are as high as they are at this point. But I guess they both hold some faith in Shinji still and they are just sitting back and waiting to see if Shinji will confirm everything that the rest of Hogwarts is saying about him or showcase that his actions have some justifiable reason behind them.

We on a knifes edge with them at this point. We could continue this slide and lose all of their respect and trust or Shinji could recover some of his rep with them. Its hard to say where Shinji is heading on the Flitwick rep of things. Harry is likely doomed the moment that Shinji does not join the Ministry or when his secret actions this year gets outed.

It is not as if Shinji has gone out of his way to explain his actions to Flikwich or fought against the rumors of his womanizing. At this point Shinji needs an entire PR team to do damage control at the rate he generates rumors.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; October 26th, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Honestly, I am more shocked that Flitwick and Harry are as high as they are at this point.
    Shinji was Harry's first friend at Hogwarts. He gets a decent amount of the benefit of the doubt, since Harry knows Shinji usually has a method to his madness. It's just the more extreme he goes, the harder it is for Harry to keep believing, and the easier it is to believe the narrative that almost everyone else is spinning.

Flitwick understands how difficult it is to be an outsider, given his own background. Of course, since Shinji did take up the title and position of Champion, he's also expected to act as a Champion, not just on his own behalf.

At this point Shinji needs an entire PR team to do damage control at the rate he generates rumors.
    And he doesn't have a PR team. Not a full time one anyway.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; October 26th, 2017 at 11:15 AM.

We can still salvage at least a passable reputation among Britain if we win, and justify ourselves to Harry and the Ourea.

But from hereon out, we won't base ourselves in a country possessed of such a sad xenophobia. I suppose that we'll be able to, at the least, help defeat the Dark Lord and expose him, and so mend the situation somewhat through exposing him. At the same time, we have another problem at hand, and our dearest friend has yet another.

That's quite the childhood.

Most interesting will be our base of operation following the year's end and the states and situations we'll involve ourselves in or create. What will be the natures of our organizations and adventures?

It's all quite exciting.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Ouroboros View Post
    We can still salvage at least a passable reputation among Britain if we win, and justify ourselves to Harry and the Ourea.
    The concerns and views of Harry and the Ourea are not one and the same. Harry, after all, is the British Youth Representative and is working closely with the rest of the government to do what is necessary to preserve Britain. The Ourea, on the other hand, are allegedly just a simple youth organization/honors society training leaders who can think.

Most interesting will be our base of operation following the year's end and the states and situations we'll involve ourselves in or create. What will be the natures of our organizations and adventures?
    An interesting quandary indeed. In just a few months, Shinji has broken his bonds to some groups, gained ties to others, and managed to thoroughly alienate a nation which once considered him something like a hero. What is to say what will happen in a few more?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Happy Halloween, everyone. Halloween, of course, is quite a party in Magical Britain, both as an excuse to let loose a bit and mingle with others who might not be as magical, and more recently, because Lord Voldemort was killed on that day. In the canon series, Harry had some pretty...exciting events happen each year, and this trend continues in the Matou Shinji Series.

First Year: Troll Attack - Prank War comes to an End - Formation of the Stone Cutter Society
    Second Year: Ron Weasley meets Sirius Black - Nearly Headless Nick becomes Headless Nick
    Third Year: The Halloween Ball - Shinji gets his First Kiss - Lupin brings tidings of War
    Fourth Year: Beauxbatons and Hogwarts go to Durmstrang - Delacour and Krum attacked - George does an Itachi impression

Who knows what will come up in year 5, with monsters roaming the streets, and Britain on the verge of an existential crisis? Remember that Shinji had a dream that he was fighting alongside Mages and Goblins...will it come to pass, I wonder? For that matter, what is the cause of Shinji's odd dreams? For now, all I can say is its a (spooky) mystery...and that you probably will not be seeing...

or

Though...you are in Britain, and Florence Nightingale is British...

Anyway, I am taking costume recommendations for next year. Also, of more immediate relevance...

Choice 228: Dressing for success is something that serves one well in most fields. Certainly, impressions matter. On the isle, aside from the matter of how he performs, how he dresses and acts is likely going to influence how people see him. So, how should he dress when he first goes to the island? And how should he dress when he attends the press conference at the Potions Championship? (choose one for each)

[ ] Hogwarts Robes, the better to declare that he is Champion of Britain
    [ ] A formal kimono, as he is more comfortable in Eastern Formalwear
    [ ] Full battle-garb, including wyvernhide robes and enchanted underlayer
    [ ] The dress robes he wore to the Yule Ball
    [ ] The formal garments he wore to the British Museum gala
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; October 31st, 2017 at 07:30 PM.

[X] Hogwarts Robes, the better to declare that he is Champion of Britain

IDK if it's already too late to make us look like we care about Britain but eh

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post

IDK if it's already too late to make us look like we care about Britain but eh
    Is that for both?
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    For the competition;

[x] Full battle-garb.

Shinji is in enough of a precarious situation as it is, no need to worsen it. It's fine if the other champs see it as him wanting a fight. I would rather take a chance with extra protection at the cost of some aggro, than going too bold and regretting it when we get a limb chopped off and half our face melted.

For the press conference;

[x] The dress robes he wore to the Yule Ball.

Shameless advertising is fine. No matter which path he ends up on, Shinji should secure his financial situation as much as possible.

For the competition;

[x] Full battle-garb.

For the press conference

For Competition: [X] Battle Garb - after all he is meeting with his former master the first day. Best to wear the clothes she gave him for that.

For the press conference

[X] Write in: Wear a haori, styled to look like a hogwarts school robes. Complete with an hogwarts potion champion logo on the breast and a large Hogwarts Crest on its back. All over top of Shinji's battle garb.

It occurs to me that a haori looks very similar to a wizard robe enough to not be in your face foreign to wizards. A Hogwarts styled version of one would, for the most part, look like a Hogwarts uniform just cut off to not cover the legs in a half version of one. The Hogwarts school crest on the back loudly declares just what school shinji is the champion for. Same purpose as to why almost every Olympic athletics clothing is designed to boldly declare to the world that athlete's nationality. The haori is the blend of shinji's Japanese origin stylized into a more British wizard look, which to me, showcases Shinji in a nutshell as a person of two worlds. All while not rubbing it anyone face by walking between the lines of those two worlds.

And no one from the ministry can really complain if their champion wears his Stonecutters battle clothes under this coat as its the clothes they chosen to have the Stone cutters wear when they were introduced for the Tri-wizards. Shinji needs to showcase himself as a serious competitor and not as a young boy that might not be as prepared as he should be.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 1st, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

Definitely Hogwarts robes both times. The hell, guys? We aren't here to show off how cool and stylish we are, but to represent Sokaris and Snape. A matter of loyalty.

Definitely Hogwarts robes both times. The hell, guys? We aren't here to show off how cool and stylish we are, but to represent Sokaris and Snape. A matter of loyalty.
    The issue with plain hogwarts robes is that Shinji comes across as super young champion from a backwater nation to the rest of the world. A style that has not changed in generations that trying to life like they are still in their glory days then anything modern. It would not be a good outfit to represent Sokaris with.

It might score ok with the ministry but it also not formal enough or screams champion. The clothes Shinji picks affects others as well as himself and he needs to feel like he is a champion to himself more than ever and those cloths fail on that ground.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 1st, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

The issue with plain hogwarts robes is that Shinji comes across as super young champion from a backwater nation to the rest of the world. A style that has not changed in generations that trying to life like they are still in their glory days then anything modern. It would not be a good outfit to represent Sokaris with.
    Well, but we really are the young champion and do lack potion training. Our performance during the championship will show what we are worth, not the outfit or attitude.
    And I don't see why it's bad outfit to represent Sokaris. She wanted us to be Hogwarts champion - and we wear Hogwarts attire.

Well, but we really are the young champion and do lack potion training. Our performance during the championship will show what we are worth, not the outfit or attitude.
    And I don't see why it's bad outfit to represent Sokaris. She wanted us to be Hogwarts champion - and we wear Hogwarts attire.
    The reason why Shinji needs to showcase himself better is because he needs to work with the other champions in the future and no one wants to work with the person that is dead weight. Hogwarts robes leds them to down the path of thinking that Shinji is just easy prey from the backwaters. Even if that is true, and that one actions means more than the outfit they wear or attitude, clothes does have an effect on people. If it did not, then people would be hired every day wearing T-shirts and shorts at job interviews as long as they have good qualifications when that is not the case.

I can see your point about Sokaris even if I do not fully agree that she really cares about Shinji wearing the Hogwarts robes. But wearing Hogwarts styled clothing was the reasoning behind my write in where I tried to come to a middle ground between Hogwarts cloths, Japanese flair and battle readiness.

But wearing Hogwarts styled clothing was the reasoning behind my write in where I tried to come to a middle ground between Hogwarts cloths, Japanese flair and battle readiness.
    Hmm, Hogwarts-themed haori is nice, but western crest would be out of place. Shouldn't haori feature kamon, smth like this - https://doyouknowjapan.com/symbols/ ?

Hmm, Hogwarts-themed haori is nice, but western crest would be out of place. Shouldn't haori feature kamon, smth like this - https://doyouknowjapan.com/symbols/ ?
    Why yes indeed. But I believe the Hogwarts crest should replace that traditional kamon as he is the Hogwart champion. I think the Japanese front will pardon Shinji's changes to make the outfit reflect Hogwarts robes. The point is that Shinji in the end looks close enough to Hogwarts style to not piss them off while still allowing himself to acknowledge his heritage.

Another small note on this is that the Haori would be solid black, which is not really an acceptable color for it to be outside of a funeral in Japan. But another change that had to happen because again Hogwarts champion. You adapt your cultural to them while going to Hogwarts and not the other way around.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 1st, 2017 at 01:00 PM.

Okai, if LeShin can give birth to something stylish and Hog-themed, I agree we can use haori for arrival and opening - to catch the eyes.
    But I'm still sure that press conference must be attended in traditional Hogwarts robes - we emphasize our standing, get Harry/Flitwick points, maybe even a bit of Rita points, which is unlikely tho...