Page 177 of 299 FirstFirst ... 77127167172175176177178179182187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    [x] There are matters to address in Britain so he will have to go back. Whatever his fate is after that, it is likely that his performance in the potions championship will play a big role. The press misunderstood his relationship with Fleur. They get along but there is nothing intimate about it. His one and only love is Luna Lovegood, the very guest he invited to come with him on the Isle
    Poor Gabrielle.

I should point out that this question is being asked of him in front of the other journalists as well, with Luna being the substitute press rep for Britain.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 18th, 2018 at 09:59 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] There are matters to address in Britain so he will have to go back. Whatever his fate is after that, it is likely that his performance in the potions championship will play a big role. The press misunderstood his relationship with Fleur. They get along but there is nothing intimate about it. His one and only love is Luna Lovegood, the very guest he invited to come with him on the Isle.

Time to fix this mess.
    I can not support this as its inconsistent to the statements that Shinji has made in the past. And its going to crush Gabby. While I admit we should find a way to fix the position he is in, doing a 180 at a public event is not the way to do that. And the statement that Luna is his one and only is a big fat lie because of Sion, yes his love of Luna is his biggest love at the moment but his only? No way.

[X] Shinji is willing to explore any options that open up for him due to his performance in the potion championship. He would like to go back to Britain as a Japanese citizen but that venue hinges on the people of Britain wanting him and them being more open to foreigners as foreigners do contribute to a nation as he and his late friend Sokaris shed blood for Britain as foreigners. Fleur is wonderful person that he had the good fortune to get to know this year as she is more than what others label her as, just a pretty veela. While the media has blow their relationship out of proportions, any future plan between the two is a private affair and he has nothing to say further on that matter.

This write in is a little too wordy for me but this multiple phased questions that need to be answered so I tried to cover the bases here. I am open to feedback from others to edit this down to an acceptable level for people. I think the fleur part needs to be done this way in saying something good about her beyond the fact that she is a veela and state their relationship is private and say nothing but exknowledge that their relationship has been overstated by the media.

The part on going back to Britain I am more unsure of so that might need some work on. I could be open to taking Daiki's British answer and merging it with my Fleur answer. If we want to go that route.

I will think of some questions at a later time.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 18th, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Feel free to discuss it online as well. You all know the IRC channel by now.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I can not support this as its inconsistent to the statements that Shinji has made in the past
    How so? If I remember correctly, Shinji has yet to give a clear statement about what he intends to do concerning Britain. Except for the part where he feels like he will move on after fulfilling his job as champion when he talked to the Ourea. And it is no contradictory to what I wrote. His fate isn't completely in his hands, that's a fact. Depending how it goes he may obtain new opportunities or end up in Azkaban.

Returning to Britain is mandatory no matter how he performs, that's what the first line is about.

If Shinji saying it depends on the result of the competition is such a discrepancy with previous positions he took, feel free to enlighten me about it.

And the statement that Luna is his one and only is a big fat lie because of Sion
    Shinji is not attracted to Sion in that fashion and isn't likely to develop the relationship in that direction.

If you wanted to make a point about how he is not faithful to Luna because he flirts with Rin or stare at Rachelle, I would understand. But Shinji has not indicated a physical attraction nor romantic feelings towards Sion. What he feels for her is devotion and admiration. His intent isn't to woe her, he wants to be acknowledged and walk a similar path.

As for Gabrielle, she will have to come to terms with the fact that Fleur and Shinji aren't a thing when she will be introduced to George.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 18th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shinji is not attracted to Sion in that fashion
    Yes and no. He does view her more as a goddess on earth than as a human, but he does find her attractive. He did stare a bit when confronted with her in more casual attire (think the sweater + jeans combo that Rider prefers, with a beret and scarf and her hair loose), after all. As for romantic feelings, some may say that his desire to one day reach her side would qualify, which is at the core of everything he does, might count, but that depends on one's interpretation.

As to Gabrielle, there's a difference between learning your sister has fallen for someone else, in the course of things, and reading about how the great chevalier you idolize actually doesn't really care about Fleur in that way - when he wasn't willing to say it to her face.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough, I guess we will let the lie continue then.

I told you to be honest.

This entire story has somehow morphed into Shinji has girl problems, its getting really tiring at this point >_>. Anyone up for breaking a little girl's heart?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps I was too vague or the question too frivolous. I'm scrapping the current Question 257, as I do not find it relevant at present. I am also closing Question 256, due to lack of responses.

Question 258: Shinji receives a number of interesting questions from the reporters in the joint session, given that he is the youngest of the Champions, the representative of Britain - whose unilateral withdrawal from the ICW has sent some shockwaves through the international community, and has enough rumors about his abilities and...entanglements that it is tempting to turn his story into a novel of sorts. Of them, however, certain questions stand out, and are worthy of some thought

Reporter Shameimaru from the Bunbunmaru Times of Mahoutokoro is curious about the process by which Britain - and other schools - chose their Champions. While this is usually a civilized affair at the City Under Earth, with the senior professors choosing a student to represent their school and nation from a list of candidates they draw up, the same cannot be said for other countries, especially where there are open competitions for the spot, or they send Champions so frequently that the mechanism by which people are chosen is utterly unknown. As such, much of her interest is focused on the Champions of Ilvermorny, Beauxbatons, and Hogwarts, as the first is so obviously "just a model" that she suspects something is up, the second's ascension to the position of Champion was dogged by rumors of some murderous game of thrones being played at the old school, culminating in the death of the French Minister's son and a sizeable portion of the senior class, and Shinji is simply...young and inexperienced compared to most Champions, even if he does bear traces of a blessing from an elder youkai.

"How were you chosen as Champion?" she asks, requesting as much detail as Shinji wishes to provide. "The more you tell, the less I'll have to fill in," she says mischievously.

How will he answer?

[ ] Decline to comment
    [ ] Mention the Potions challenges hosted by Snape
    [ ] Mention the challenges, including the final challenge vs Harry
    [ ] Attribute it to his accomplishments as a Stone Cutter
    [ ] Claim that he owes his position to his friend Harry, who was unable to take up the role due to other circumstances

Carlos Aihara of Diário Bruxaria, Magical Brazil's leading newspaper, on the other hand, is most curious about some of the adventures and hobbies the Champions have outside of brewing and harvesting. Who are they as people? What have they done? What (or who) do they love doing? And most of all...

"What would you say is the one event that has most greatly impacted who you are today?" he questions.

How should Shinji answer?

[ ] Talk about the Philosopher's Stone incident, and the "death" of Sialim Sokaris
    [ ] Talk about his training under Gilderoy Lockhart, the greatest adventurer of London
    [ ] Talk about his fight against the troll in first year
    [ ] Talk about the death of his family
    [ ] Talk (vaguely) about meeting someone who should have, by all rights, have been an enemy, and yet coming to understand her in the time they spent together.
    [ ] (write-in)

And from the Americas, Mihael Sebastian of the Agarthan Chronicle, is most curious as to the Champions' dreams and ambitions.

"Assuming everything goes ideally for you in this competition, what kind of potion would you most like to create? Or alternatively, if that is a bit too sensitive - what kind of legacy would you like to leave behind as a practitioner of the magical arts and as a person on this earth?"

Which question does Shinji answer, and how?

[ ] Potions - Talk (hypothetically) about the Potion of Fading
    [ ] Potions - Speculate about a potion greater than any other, combining the techniques of east and west to unlock a person's true potential
    [ ] General Ambitions - Talk about his dream of being worthy of the greatest alchemist in the world
    [ ] General Ambitions - To become someone the world will never forget
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 19th, 2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Shinji is simply...young and inexperienced compared to most Champions, even if he does bear traces of a blessing from an elder youkai.
    I do believe that Reporter-san here is not fully human for her to notice that part as long as it has been since he got the blessing from the Tengu king. Its funny to think that the purebloods of Britain has never notice the amount of non-humans posing as wizards.

[X] Mention the challenges, including the final challenge vs Harry

I just cannot see Shinji not picking this option even if it might be pleasant for the homefront to hear. After all, Shinji earned his spot fair and square by beating the boy who lived in a one on one battle royal. He is was the best candatite in the end, no matter what the public might think of him. A fact that Shinji should have no hesitation to state after this year's event.

Thought I could see a write in here where he states that he became champion because of the teaching and guidance of Slugho...HA I cannot even finish that joke.

[X] Talk about the Philosopher's Stone incident, and the "death" of Sialim Sokaris

It is the most important event in his life by far. Maybe not always for the same reason as others think it is for him. Troll is also fine with me. I am amused by that vague option as it would flame up the rumors around him again.

[X] General Ambitions - Talk about his dream of being worthy of the greatest alchemist in the world

Its consistent with what he told Lestrange and it is his main goal, so why not? The potion answers I dislike because Shinji would be digging a hole that he might not be able to accomplish. Do not talk big without having it already in the bag and he certainly does not at this point.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Its funny to think that the purebloods of Britain has never notice the amount of non-humans posing as wizards.
    Well, thankfully for them, they don't have that many shapeshifters among their population. Veela, who have a couple forms, are more or less the only exception - but they are mostly Continental, and you'd be able to tell who they are, due to their aura.

Most youkai, on the other hand, don't have obvious tells, if old and experienced enough (and of the ones here, Kaiduka is an old kitsune and therefore great is quite good at the art of disguise, the lady Admiral - a powerful tsukumogami who takes the form of a Yamato Nadeshiko, appears human in her default form, and so on). Those that actually have inhuman traits that could betray them (and not be written off as a potions accident or some such) rarely are chosen for missions outside of Japan where the intolerant may see them, nor do the British tend to visit Mahoutokoro - the city, as opposed to the school, all that often, and there, they think the Japanese just like self-transfiguration a bit too much.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 19th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.

[X] General Ambitions - Talk about his dream of being worthy of the greatest alchemist in the world

Its consistent with what he told Lestrange and it is his main goal, so why not? The potion answers I dislike because Shinji would be digging a hole that he might not be able to accomplish. Do not talk big without having it already in the bag and he certainly does not at this point.
    Yes, let's do more to make Lestrange think we are in love with her. >_>
    they think the Japanese just like self-transfiguration a bit too much.
    Well, it is Japan, so it's not like that's necessarily wrong.

[x] Mention the Potions challenges hosted by Snape
    [X] Talk about the Philosopher's Stone incident, and the "death" of Sialim Sokaris

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Yes, let's do more to make Lestrange think we are in love with her. >_>
    Ha that might be true except for he already told her about his patron the greatest alchemiest in the world. The person that Fleur was confused about since she has never heard of them.

Really the fun of picking that choice is the very loud message it sends the american faction of just who Shinji is talking about and might have some connection to. It clues them in a bit more.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 19th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

[X] Mention the challenges, including the final challenge vs Harry

I'm dumb so could anyone explain to me why we shouldn't mention the final challenge vs Harry if we mention the potion challenges?

Last edited by Haunter; January 20th, 2018 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    I'm dumb so could anyone explain to me why we shouldn't mention the final challenge vs Harry if we mention the potion challenges?
    This is speculation on my part but after this year where Shinji basically caused trouble and Harry stood by having faith in him by going to bat for him, and then having Shinji refuse to use Harry's ticket to make things better for him by giving it to Slughorn and then in the end also refusing to acknowledge Harry's support in his last interview before the championship, that this is another large strain on their relationship with each other. Another nail in the coffin so to speak.

Shinji's ego is likely going to make this a statement of because I was better than your precious boy who lived, twisting the knife after he had to withstand a year of character assassination on himself with things like the play that refused to acknowledge his role/abilities in the formation of the Stonecutters in favor of building the rep up of the "true hero" Harry at the expense of that minor foreigner. That play got seen by hundreds of British wizards which in turn had started a motion that wanted the real potion champion, Harry, to take over since clearly the play stated that Harry was the better champion choose.

Shinji announcing to the world otherwise to what the British public thinks is only going to make things worst there. The government is not going to admit that Shinji's statement is true, or at least not without someone making the comment that he won only by using some sorta dark arts skill on their beloved hero. After all how could the Boy who lived that defeated the worst Dark Lord of their time twice lose to a simple 3rd year boy? One that the play shows as having no skills of his owe.

This statement will just be taken as another grandstanding moment of Shinji who has now proven that he will say anything to better his position and is willing to stomp on even his biggest most loyal friends to do so. And this is why we should not let foreigners into the country...

But on the other hand Shinji not airing out this fact is something that does not compute with me. Shinji has proven to me that he does not care about the politicals to try to be diplomatic here and would rather state the cold hard truth and take the issues that stem up because of it.

Blog Entries
    [x] Mention the challenges, including the final challenge vs Harry.
    [x] Talk about his meeting with a certain Puppeteer.

The initial trigger.

[x] General Ambitions - Talk about his dream of being worthy of the greatest alchemist in the world.

Although this choice will puzzle most people, who will wonder what kind of ties Shinji has with Nicolas Flamel. Just one more Frenchie, eh.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It will make for a nice parallel with Lestrange's ambition, which is, in fact, to become the greatest alchemist in the world.

[x] Talk about his meeting with a certain Puppeteer.
    This is interesting answer, I sorta like it.

Can Shinji answer like that without blowing the cover of Touko? Considering that she wanted to not make her connectio with Shinji public, we should respect her wish by not naming her.

Also that event was mostly because of the wonders of Magical Kyoto and not just her, which is putting a rather big feather in the Japanese faction's cap. One that also highlights that Shinji is just a second Japanese champion in a ways which might not be the best thing to do.

Blog Entries
    I think Shinji is clever enough not to blow her cover.

The whole deal about seeking knowledge is certainly not a product of the background.

There's no reason to question him shopping in Mahoutokoro, it's a simple matter of convenience. Especially for first years who have yet to be introduced to the floo network and portkeys.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "How were you chosen as Champion?" she asks, requesting as much detail as Shinji wishes to provide. "The more you tell, the less I'll have to fill in," she says mischievously.

How will he answer?

[ ] Decline to comment
    [ ] Mention the Potions challenges hosted by Snape
    [ ] Mention the challenges, including the final challenge vs Harry
    [ ] Attribute it to his accomplishments as a Stone Cutter
    [X] Claim that he owes his position to his friend Harry, who was unable to take up the role due to other circumstances
    While there is a risk in promoting himself as a weak target, there's also an advantage in having people underestimate him - as Shinji well knows.

. . . And if it helps repair his relationship with Harry a little, that's a bonus.

"What would you say is the one event that has most greatly impacted who you are today?" he questions.

How should Shinji answer?

[ ] Talk about his training under Gilderoy Lockhart, the greatest adventurer of London
    [ ] Talk about his fight against the troll in first year
    [ ] Talk about the death of his family
    [ ] Talk (vaguely) about meeting someone who should have, by all rights, have been an enemy, and yet coming to understand her in the time they spent together.
    [ ] (write-in)
    It's admittedly a well-known story (relatively), but it answers the question without giving anything away.

"Assuming everything goes ideally for you in this competition, what kind of potion would you most like to create? Or alternatively, if that is a bit too sensitive - what kind of legacy would you like to leave behind as a practitioner of the magical arts and as a person on this earth?"

Which question does Shinji answer, and how?

[ ] Potions - Talk (hypothetically) about the Potion of Fading
    [X] Potions - Speculate about a potion greater than any other, combining the techniques of east and west to unlock a person's true potential
    [ ] General Ambitions - Talk about his dream of being worthy of the greatest alchemist in the world
    [ ] General Ambitions - To become someone the world will never forget
    [ ] (write-in)
    It's a general ambition, and pushes people to assume he focuses more on Potions than he actually does - leaving them open for a few surprises.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette