Page 194 of 299 FirstFirst ... 94144184189192193194195196199204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

But Dead Apostles don't care about sunlight, do they? Wait, different fandom, forget it.

Also, potion still takes one arm to carry, so it's hardly a good deal at all.
    Last edited by Malorius; April 17th, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    You do not need both hands to throw ofuda or manipulate a wand. Even Shinji's staff/scythe can be carried in one hand temporarily so the only scenario where you need both hands is when you dual wield wands, which isn't all that common.

A virtually infinite conceptual light bursting mystic code is hardly a bad deal.

Plenty creatures in both verses that can be affected by that.
    Last edited by Daiki; April 17th, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    But Dead Apostles don't care about sunlight, do they? Wait, different fandom, forget it.
    DAs are still affected by it to an extent, though by the time you reach Ancestor-class, it won't be instantly debilitating. Still, its enough that they don't prefer to fight during the day, if they can at all help it.

Shinji does also have a belt of sorts - it was included in the battle outfit design that Lockhart whipped up.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 17th, 2018 at 03:56 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

I am firmly against Regen (I prefer preventing horrible injuries by being for a change prepared to face the problems), but if we can slot the Light potion in a belt and not actually blind Shinji by it - then it can be useful.

Not as useful as Senses potion is for our survival and success right now, but long-term against short-term is rarely an easy choice.

[X] Regen Potion, Light Potion and Luck Potion

I think what people are missing about the Regen is not the healing (thought that is super nice considering that Shinji currently has no ability that heals) is the Prana regeneration effect. Considering the lack of natural prana, Shinji is his only source of magic power. Boosting the recharge lets him hold Fusion and cast a little bit more.

Light Potion is not the most exciting potion (Time one is rather cool) but in a dark cave I would love to have this especially if overcharged it can be a flashbang. Shinji needs some way to see. Its either this or the senses potion. I pick this over that one because if Shinji has never used that potion before. His increases senses could overwhelm him as they are not the same sense he gets with Zelkova. Plus these supernatural senses might be prone to be overloaded if a Monster where to attack with a bright light or intense sound. Think of what happens to a person wearing night vision googles if they a bright flash happens in front of them.

Luck is luck, no explanation is needed.

See Daiki we can agree on something...thought I will now go hang out in a dark corner feeling sad after I did not pick the Time Freezing Potion. If only Burge had a Elixir to Induce Euphoria.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; April 17th, 2018 at 09:25 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mind you, of all of Budge's potions, the frozen time potion is up there, along with Felix Felicis, as one of his greatest works. Part of why he doesn't boast of it is that he never was able to produce it in a great enough quantity to really share, given that it requires a somewhat convoluted process to brew - and something like the sand of a Time Turner as one of the ingredients. It is an incredible potion, but it is Felix Felicis that he considers his greatest masterpiece, given its manipulation of fate, and his ability to produce a good bit of it.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 17th, 2018 at 09:29 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I will now go hang out in a dark corner feeling sad after I did not pick the Time Freezing Potion.
    I hear you mate, would have loved to pick this in other circumstances. But hey, wouldn't be much of a choice if we got to pick all the cool toys, right?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 303: [X] Regen Potion, Light Potion and Luck Potion

As the boy made his selection, the potions chest receded back onto the book, with Budge commenting that he thought that was rather enough help, unless Shinji believed he needed something else.

"No, that's fine," Shinji replied, firming his resolve. "Even I have to be able to do things myself sometimes."

"So long as you can," Budge stated, before vanishing back into the book, leaving the onmyouji alone with his familiar.

"...at least we have a light," Shinji said quietly, noting just how drab his surroundings were now that he could see them.

A featureless, translucent crystal, underlined with something shadowy, with his prana not moving particularly well through either.

'Yes. Shall we proceed, master?' Zelkova inquired, seeking rather more cheerful now that there was a bit of conceptual sunlight about, around which Shinji had rigged up a reflector so that it didn't end up blinding him.

'Ah, right. He's a tree spirit. Of course he'd like the sun potion.'

That was one of the ways that the kodama generated the prana needed to sustain its existence, after all.

"Downward we go."

And down they went, with the luck potion and light letting them successfully avoid falling into a bottomless pit or two (which he bridged and crossed with the help of his living staff), accidentally move a bit of loose stone in an array such that it effectively allowed passage onwards, and avoid stepping on a series of jagged stones laced with a spiritual decay enchantment.

Fortunate, as his supernatural senses were all but useless down here, and the crystalline nature of the walls created quite a number of optical illusions in reaction to the light.

The pit hadn't been there in his vision, after all. It had only been an impulse to stop and test the ground that had kept him from falling to his death. The spikes and stones too had been concealed, and the subtle array created by the shadows of what seemed like only rubble.

'...this really is a prison, isn't it?'

It could still be a vault, of course, but whatever it was, someone didn't want...people entering it, or going any deeper than the first chamber, if that.

He found himself nattering on in his mind, speaking with Zelkova in an attempt to fill the absolute silence, as he felt he'd go mad otherwise, as they passed through chamber after chamber, took turn after turn, deeper and deeper into the bowels of the earth.

He didn't know how long he'd been walking. Or how deep he'd gone. Perhaps he should have grown tired, but the regeneration potion took care of that.

And then at last, he came to the final room.

Against one wall, there were tree roots, or what looked like roots, surrounding a nearly Circular patch of crystal, behind which the shadows boiled and writhed. In the center of the room, surrounded by three pillars inscribed with runes, was the first artificial thing he'd seen down here, other than the knife...or had it been a knife? Maybe instead it had been part of the shadowy substance of the prison, which said interesting things about this entire area.

It was something like a urn, gleaming in the light like a smokeless flame, with odd inscriptions written on its surface.

'Wait. There's a fourth pillar.'

Had been a fourth pillar, but the pieces of that were shattered and strewn across the stone.

Choice 304: What does the boy do?

[ ] Take a tracing of the urns inscriptions - this is the sort of thing Sion would be curious about
    [ ] Take the urn - it seems this was a vault after all, and there's no sense leaving empty handed
    [ ] Try to repair the pillar
    [ ] Investigate the root structure.
    [ ] Fuse and do one of the other options

[X] Fuse and take a tracing of the urns inscriptions - this is the sort of thing Sion would be curious about.

Two reasons to transform. 1) A quick look with the enhance senses to make sure there are not important details that Shinji can not see at this moment. Like danger. 2) To get a better more complete look at inscriptions to see the magic side of them so that he gets a better trace of them. Hopefully this fusion will not last long cause I really do not want Shinji to use up his fusion doing this, but I think this task is a few minutes only so as long as we desync at the end I think we can remain good.

[X] Fuse and take a tracing of the urns inscriptions - this is the sort of thing Sion would be curious about.

"No, that's fine," Shinji replied, firming his resolve. "Even I have to be able to do things myself sometimes."
    Wow. Self-depreciation train has no breaks, apparently. What gives?

Also, not to be overtly pedantic, but he still uses (lessened) senses of his Familiar and borrowed potions. This "doing things only by myself" thing is very mysterious to me. Where does such ideal situation exist in the real world outside of staged conditions?

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Malorius; April 19th, 2018 at 01:46 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    Wow. Self-depreciation train has no brakes, apparently. What gives?
    He's saying it mostly to get reassure Budge that he is capable of doing this without extra help. Partially, its to reassure himself, since he knows he isn't in the best of situations, with no prana around to draw from and no obvious way to escape the bind he finds himself in.

Also he's fourteen, almost fifteen. Is everything a fourteen year old says or does necessarily consistent with their beliefs No? Well then stop being pedantic.

The boy thought for a few minutes about what to do, given everything in the room, but he didn't really have to think too hard. After all, the reason he'd come to the isle to begin with was because Sokaris had shown an interest in knowing more about this isle and the secrets it held. And now, with Shinji finding himself in a room with an artifact from the Age of Gods, the boy figured that at the very least he should take some rubbing of it, even if taking the artifact itself would probably be too difficult.

'It's probably trapped. Or at least, with the way it looks, it might be the power source for a portal...'

The circular patch of crystal surrounding by roots certainly looked like some kind of portal, even if it wasn't active and he had no idea where it led. Which meant that it was probably his best bet to get out of here - though first, he'd see about the inscriptions on the urn.

'Well, let's give this our best shot, Zelkova. You feel up to fusing?'

Feeling a quiet sense of confidence through their bond, Shinji let himself sink deep into his consciousness, opening the door that separated him from the world, as two minds, two souls, two beings, merged into a single new whole, with skin like stone and very Japanese clothes covering his form.

He made his way over to the urn, being careful to sidestep any of the fallen debris from the broken pillar, lest he trigger something unwanted.

And once he was close enough to touch the urn, the boy looked over it carefully, trying to see what the inscriptions said, though he noted that they too were shifting, and that they didn't seem entirely dangerous.

'Guess I really need a rubbing then,'
    the boy noted, taking a sheaf of paper from one of the pouches he wore on his belt, and something like a piece of lead from the other.

The moment he touched the vessel, however, no matter that there was a sheet of paper preventing him from touching it directly, it reacted to his prana, with the boy feeling like his body was no longer anchored in place as he - along with Zelkova, with whom he was fused - was drawn into the sealed space within.

He awoke to find himself standing on a clockwork platform, in an expanse of foggy whites and cloudy grays, as something like machinery shuddered all around him.

'What the hell? Where am I?'

It wasn't the room where he'd stood before. It was something else. This...

'...this is the true prison.'

There was something in here. Something vast, and powerful, and utterly alien to his senses.

"This one is the voice of the cell. This one is the prayer and the program," he felt more than heard. "This one maintains the enfeebling aura."

Enfeebling aura? Well, it was true that he felt weaker, but...

...no, that, wasn't the presence he was sensing. It was something else. Something else was here, something--

M̙͇̠̜̳̺̞̂̎͆̍͋̉ͨ̅̊́̕͜͡Uͪͧ̔̽̌ͨ͗̿̐̊̅ͦ̽ͨ͋́͟͏̷̢̪̭̼͎̰̩̺͇ ͙͉̣̹͖̭͇Dͧ̍̋͢҉̵̨̛̦̣̘̻͉̟̘̰͔͇̻͎̻-̨̛͑̑̑̅ͧͩ̊̀̾̒̽̈́̈ͮͤ̋͂̇̏҉̺̜̰̥̫̬̟̬͉̻̝͖͉͡D̴̅͌ͥͮ͋̊̂̂̅̓͂̒ ҉̧͕̩̼̞O̵̴͔̰̠͇̥̬͙̖̰̦̹̪̣̖̞͙̱̝̎̍ͪͤ̂̉̐ͤ͊ͨ͆ͦ̌ͤͪͧ̏̄̈ͅL̇̄ ̸̺̠̯̯͙̼̥̌̈́͆ͩ̒̓ͬ̓͑́̀Lͯ̑͆̂ͪ̓ͨͫ̓͆̏͟͏̳̲̫̞̬͇̮͚͙͕͕̟͜͡ͅ.ͪ ̵̵̶̝̘̘̹͓̦̟̖̟̣͈̤̙̲̙̖̜ͤͦ͗͊́ͪ̍͂̌̐ͦ͗̋ͩ́̇̌̀́͜ ̛̫̜̥̮̜̫̞̬̺̫͚̤̠͍͈̮̘͓̼̂ͨ̍͋̑̄͟͞͞M̢̛̞̫̙̝̌̽̉͗͊O͒ͪͬͭͮ̏ͤ̓ ̸̨̜̥͉̜͇͇̼̮ͦ͜͝͡N̈́ͮͯͯ͆̈ͩ̂ͯͦͫ͊ͭͣ̽̚҉̮̳̠̖͕̖̙͉̥͍̘̥̘̀̕͠͞K ̢̬͍̳̫͇͍͍̽ͨͥ̃͌ͣͥ̋͝E̿͊̓̄̇̿̚͏͟͏̤͙̠̙̀Y̶͈̥̘̤̖̍̍ͧ̓͐̋̃͋̏͢ ̠̟̝̖̟̻̤.̴̴̛̮͈̥̦̝̫͓̺͉̼ͫ̑͊͑ͫͤ̆ͦͬ̆̒͑̾ͭ́͢ͅ ̴͒͊ͣͧ͌̌ͫͮ͂̆̓ͣͭ҉̵̥̪̙̤̟̞̺͔̻͍̬̘̀Ć̜̰̬͉̠̙̖̠̬ͬ̑ͪͬ͋̓͐͜͢ͅ ̯̤̹̦̣͙͕H̷̢̛̯̻̥̦͉̩̳̥̩̩̟̖͚̠̭̥͉͂̒ͩ͋ͮͧ͋̌̋ͦ̎̈ͫ͐͆ͨ̑͡͠Ḯ̓ ̷̸̨̡̺̥̙͓̙̠̟̗͖̝̣̘ͦ͊̋̇̍̋͋̚̚͝L̴̴̰̯̭̳̬͈̣͑̔͒̊ͥͥ͊͆̆ͫ̾́̚͞ ̗͓̳Ḑ̷̮͔͕̮̺̣̞ͫ̎ͬ͂̂̈́͛̆̒̚͞͠ͅ ̵̶̨̫̩̻̺̇͒̑͆ͫ̔ͤ̀ͫͯ̕O̷̮̩̫͚̻̖̞͍͍͈̽͗̆̄͂͛̉͒̓ͨ͛͂̀ͨͬ͑̄̕F̔ ̢͎̮͙̗̠̬̝̯̺̞̮̱̝̗͙͇̄̃ͫ̈́ͮͤ͛̂ͯ̇͒̀̉̄̆ͬ͐ͅ ̻̝̗̟̬͍̳̬̒̎̑̊ͫ̒̇ͨ̏ͦͫ͑ͧͩ̄́́̚̕͡T̢̪̘̗̻͚̦̰͔̭͂̊̐ͥ̊̈͐̊͘͞͝ ͕̹̥̭̪̜̘̱̫̼H̶͔̝̩̺͈͕͇̱͇̬̳̣̩͇ͮ̾͒͆̊̕Ȩ̪̗̳̞͔̜̠̪̃̀ͭ͛̿̊ͮ́ ̘̳͔̻̣̝͚ ̡̥̝̻̟͓͖̣̣͖̭̪͍ͮ͆́͂ͣ͒͊͊ͬͬ̽͛́̚͘͜U̷̵͙̒̿͒́͊̌ͣ̔ͥ̆̏ͮ́̔ͨ͠ͅ ̮̖͈̲̗̼̞̪̘͙̖̺̟̲͉͓͙S̭͔̘̤̺̣̤̼̗͍͔̲̓̽̏̎̅ͥ̕͠͡Ủ̅̾̒ͤ̓҉̛͞ͅ ̻̬̯̹͔̖͙̱̗̮͉̮̲R̺͎̳̰̯͎̯͇͚̿ͤͧ͒̾͗̊ͯ̆ͩͦͮͩ̕͟͜͢P̷̛̌̋̽͗ͮ͊ͥ ͈̞̹͇̻Ȇ̔̉̔̎ͯ̉̋ͫ̂ͨ͋͏̷̛̜̫̝̘̮̗̞̞̹̗̯͢͡ͅR̔͊́̉ͯ̂̽ͩ̾̄̒ͧͪͬ ̡͘͟͠҉̳̪̻̩̗S̋ͣͩ̆͒ͯ͋҉̵͔̝͇̹͈̜͍͝.̵̡̇̐ͣͣ̃ͦͣ̾ͬ͌̂͛ͬ̅ͨͭ̐ͧ҉ ̜̞̘̬͉̹͓̗̙͇̹̼͝

That...that thing...it...through his vision, through his spiritual senses it shone, overwhelming.

'What is that. What is--'

POWER

Smokeless fire, given form. Trembling earth, reshaped. Chanting waters, swirling 'bout. Shining winds, restrained.

Humanoid? Could one call something humanoid, if it was far more ancient than any man? Had worn the shape before any human walked the earth?

T̒́ͦ̓҉̟̫̤̘̦͙̥̙̲͠H̵̸͈̜ͫǏ̧̟̹̼̰ͥͨ̌̉̌̕Ñ̴̦̹ͥ̉͞G͆͂ͫ͒ͬ̓ ̴̮͚̬̼ͥ̍ ̷̡̹̟̮͌̒̅Ơ̺͇̘͓̘̋ͨ̓̿̿͒̐̕F̺̩̭ͪ̌ͦ̊̊ ̇̉ͮ͗̐҉͚D̺͙͚̻̞͑̔̎͆ͩͩ͊͠I̵̛͓̠͓̼̿̋̆͛̄͡R̛͇̣̥̦̺͓͓ͬͨ̇̀̏T̀ ̗̥͎͚̳̜͓̟̑̆̍̿͑͘

It was...it was...

Jinn.

A͓̦̙̲̞̲̬͞n̝̹ḑ̲̪̖̰̈ ͖͙̯̲͋̃̏̓̚y͉̝̥͇̮̋ͤ̓̔̄ͥ͒͠ó̦̭̼̞͈ͯͬ̒̓͞u̡̪̝̫̞͖̜̠ ͈̤ͣͧͬa͉̲̓̿͊͗r̢͍͕̝̺̻̃̾ͅeͣ̇͑̾̚҉̫͎̪̮ ̶̻͖̮͛̋͐n̶̟̑ͨ̍o̤͍̖̰̘̳͇ͤ͊͐ͤ̓̚ṫͯ͘.̭̟̳̲̱̱̂ͤ͒̍͆̿͌͟ ͖ ̰͗̓̃̔̚N̗̹̻͈͚̥͈ͬͮͨ͌̉ͬ͛e̱͍͍̘̪͋̒̇i͕̪̅̽ͣͮ͋̚t̟̞͖͚̹̪̠͗ḣ ̘͈̰͕̮̮ͅe͑̒́̌̊͏̞̮̰̩̥̞̠ř̜͉͕ ̢̙̩̖͔ͯͯ͊̊ͦ̉͗j̛̰͓̖̱̄ͥ̌̑ͬ̀i͍͖̬̞͔ͣ̏ͨn̸̞n̲̬̏͑̒́ͅ,̈́̆̽̿̔ ̙̬͔̬̦͇͕ ̌͑̈̇̚҉͓̺̱̻̤̤d̰̔̿̈̆́ͣ̽ͅeͫm̬̗̯̦͇̻͋ōn̬̮͍̮̲̬̯̏͌̎͑̚,ͯ̍ ̙͙̙̣͔̙͇̄̀̋̎̚ ̺̫͠s̓̂͊͛ͩ̌͞h̵͔̣̦̬̹͙͕ͧͧͯ̀ͩ̐͐a̠̰̟̱̤̖ͦ̈̇ͨ̎͟i̽͌ͬ̇ͭ̆͏tͯ ̮̪͐̃͆ͩͣ̒a͕͉̟͎̪̼ͫn͐̈́̌̑́̄̚,̥͍̟̱͍͉͊͂̋͘ͅ ͒̏҉͓͈̭̺̲̯͎ṉ̺̗̙̼̠̣̈́ͩ͛ͬo̶̞̓͑̊ͥ̓͂r̘̖͔ ̯͉̬͕ͦ̌̒́ḡ̻͚͚̜͐̀̔͒o̘̜̻̩d̮͓͇̥͈ͮ͛̐̂̑.ͪ҉͖̹͚̳̳

The voice. The voice. The voice. The voice in his head.

Like nails on chalkboard. Like white-hot daggers being driven into his ears. Like a thousand feral wolves ripping at his flesh.

̓̍͒ͫY͖̺̳̭̘ͫ̐͛́̇͒́͞o̮͖̠̩̯͉͎ͥ̐̈́̎u̥̝̮̕ ̧̖̹̬̳̼̠͐͗̿̏sͥ̓ͯ̑t̵͈̖̄͂̔͗̉ͬ̉o͚̟̪̲ͭ̃ͣ̂́́l̫̩̦͈̫͑̽̂̾͌ͨ ̤e͛̔ͮͩͯ ̢̹̟̪̙̬̼͐̃̇̽g̤̭͡r̺̲̲̮̭ͥ̿͂e̪͎a̳͕̥ͨ͗͘ṭ͕͇̦n̠̭̝̮̊ͫ̓̅̐̑ e̹͇̻̪ͮ̽ͯ͗̔́̚ͅs͛̽̅͏̝s̱̱̘̬̲̮ͣ ͔̅ͯ͒̍͞f̞̟̫̤̖͒͒͊̂̆r̨̮̥̩͑̐ͧ̓̄͂o̺̹̯̥̜̊͠m̝̳̠̝̟̙͒ͪ̚ ̲ ̡͎͈ṯ̷͙̬̟h̤͇̪̺̩̍̏e͎̺̭ͭ͒͂̆ ͆̔̓ͮ̾ͤ̅҉c̖͚͓̜͖̫̆̑̀o̘̻̣̯̓͐̿͊ͤ̌ͥ͞ͅs̢͍̩̭̲͔̠̙ͥ̌ͩ̃͌ͫmͭͥ ̗̑̌͟ỏ͕̝͡ͅͅș̖̙̟͎̽͌̐,̧̮̤̔̍̃̚ ̱̲̻̬͎̀ͫa̴̬͉̜̫̯͔̙̒ͧ̓sͥ͋̓҉̺̹̗̪ ͚̤̥͕̅͜t͉̭͓̒̿̍͋hͫ͆̌ͥ҉͓͇ḙ͈̘͓̪̱ͣ͑ͭ̊̔ ̗͔̝̪͕́̋͐̂̚r̭͇̿̃̊͌̚a̷̮̱̦̖͉̱̟ͤ̄ͨ̅ͨv̷̮͓̯̙͔ͥͬ̋͋͑ͭ͆ȇ̘ͭ n̘̦s̷͖̤͕̝̓̄̽ͧ͐ͤͧ ̺̝̤ͦ̏̓͋s̳͍̝̮̱̺ͪ̆ͩ͐t̸̻̪̬̥̊̋̑̂ol̬͓̲ͪ̿́̈̅ͯ̑e̛͎ͬ̅ͦ̋̅̑̾ ̠ ̓҉̫̦̻̝̥t̶ͬ̉ͬ̐h̷̤͚͓̊̍̄̂e͓̅̑ͮ͒̽ͅ ̧̩͍s̜̠̻̣̹ͨ̉͒ͨ͛̽͒u̝͈̤̘̯̺̮̇̉̚̕n̆ͭs̗͔̗̻̋̽ ͚̳͈͊́ͮf̢̩̜̩͖̺̻̒͂̾̓͆̓r͇͐̆͌ͭ̐̏̍ȯ̳̭͇̗͚͚͙͠m̜̹̄̿̇͢ ͕͇̗̫͈̬̀̃͒̚t̰̦͎ͮ̀͌̉͑ͤ̀h̵̻̻̻͖͊̓͊é̳̃̂̌ ̹̪͔̠̇͂̓͛̾͛s̹̺̦͙̟̭̣ͤͧ̊́́k̵̘͖̤ỹ̶̾́ͭ

He wanted to scream. To cry. To fall to his knees when faced with the utter hatred of this being.

Wish for my release, thing of dirt. Wish it, and I grant you everything you seek.

"This one detects foreign bodies in the cell. Initiating the Expulsion Process."

Cool and mechanical, the other voice cut through his discomfort, restoring to him the ability to think. Before him was a being so vast and incomprehensible that to look upon it nearly crippled his mind, full of a hatred that outlived the stars. Hatred for humans, for beasts, and for the stars that brought death to the world.

The umbral stars.

Unbound. Limitless. Infinite. Yet caged. And he...he was its only way out, wasn't he?

Remain, human. Remain and wish me free.

"No. No, I..."

Y̨͕̞̻̖̌͊̉̈́͂o̪͚̘̝̗̞͛͑̈́͂̏̂̀ṵ͉̖͉͈͙͇͆͂̐r̛̯̥͍̹ͣ̎ͨ̂ͥ ̦͉ ̯̳̺̞ͬ̂ͩͅk̨͎͚̓ͯͥ̐i̘̗̭͙̹̓͊n̷̬̺̘̥̝̠d͖̭͕̲̊̊ͅ ̭͗́͐̾ͤͮs̀ͥ̃̊t͜ō̲̲͗̏͆͋l̨̹̥͇̖̘̺̓ͩ̃̒̋e̳͋ ͬ̇̕ṭ̂̒ͬh̠̞̻ͮͮ̀̍ͦ̏̑e͍͚̥̳͔̾̆̎̓̏̇̽ ̤̯̘̠̤̦̰͑̎̀̍̈͞e̞͚̥̪͙̹ͭ̔ͤ͠a̗̲͖̹̱͓͒͊ͨͤ̽͟ŗ̤͙͚͂t̷͕͍͚ͩͅ ̞̩̝h͓͇͔̭ͮ̈̍̎̋ͣ́,͖̰̩̱ ̜̤͖͚̱ͯ̓̚ḁ͚͎̗͚͔̍͛͛s͈͈̞̮̠ͯ̃ͮ̃̍̂ ̳̳̰̬̫̼͒ͭ͢t̺̩͇̮̯̥͜ḣ̜̫͉̳͋͢e̡͕̘̙̥͔ ͈̓ͮ͊̂ͫ͛̏͜r̜̦͍͍̤͖̝͗̓̿̔͐̐͜a̧̰̺͌͊͐̇̓̌v̨͇͕̞̤͍̾̂̍͂ͯe̾͆̆ ̘ͮ̐͂ͨn̐s̘͙͙ͅ ̫̑̋̏ͬ̒s̝̗̝͎͈̖t̜̲͚̘̥͑̇ͯo͕̤̹̝̼̹̐̎̆͗̄ͭl̩̥͓̜ͩ̏͋͝e̩̫̬̯̓ ͖ ͇̠͐̆ͤͪͦ̇͟t̢̻̰̞̲̻̠̗͋͐h̜̣̯̫̱͒̿͛e͕̤̠̗̬͎̓͆̊ ̘̝͚ͭ̂̚s̬̜ͭ̉͒ͣ̇u͏̳͙͔̳̯̳̻n͚̳̽̾ͪ̍ ͖̝̠͗̿f̸̭̬̫̺̾̂͑̄ͭ̚r̻͊̔̿ͤ̉͝o͔̣m͇̮̼ ̯̖̣̝͋ͤ̔̃ṫ͉̬̀͌ͧ̈h̼͓̺̲͖͙ͨͩ̀̌ͮ͝ȩ͕̦̲͙̞̞̃ͤ̋͐ͦͅ ̵̙̦̆̏͐ͯ̂̄̈́s̜̘͓̋k̛̝͔̫͍̥͓͖̑y̡̞̱̮͑͊̊

"I..."

R̉͋͋̓͒ͨͮ͒̌ͥ̓͝҉̢̼͈̤͎̦̠̠̜̭̮̬̣͍͙̙̘̘̰͜Ë̎̈́̑ͧ͆͑ͫ̇̐̾̉̍ͪͬ ̄͐͏̝̯̠̖̻̼͎̥͙̮͔̭̳͈͢͞Ļ̡̛̻͍͓͔̮̞͓̄͒ͮ̾̕͢ͅE̵͔̖̦͕͆̒͐̏ͮ͡ͅ ͈̖Ấ̶̧̰͕̪̙̰̫̖͕̟͍ͫ͐ͧ̆ͮ́ͬ̓͐̚͜ͅS̴̴̙͈̲̺̽͌ͣ̅ͪ̓̍͑̉ͥ̚͢͠͝ ̫̟͕͈͇̭̣͎̙̼͚͈Ě̷̃ͣ̔̉ͣ̈́͊̔̽̓͜͟͠͏̝̦͓̪͕̟̺̬̙̯̺͎̼̤̱̜ͅ ̝̹ ̛̰̜̼̗͎͚̳͍ͭ̉ͩ͊̃̽̓̒͒̿ͫ̂ͦ͊͊͑̃̑̕͟M̴̮̺̘͖̹̖̰̹͍͔̮̜̬͂͂͑̍̐̒ ͎̖̟ͅE̵ͯ̐͒ͫͨ̌ͪ͝͞͏̴̪͙̼̞̬͚͖!

His soul itself shuddered, felt as if it was about to tear itself apart from the spiritual pressure of this place. Toxic in its intensity. Oppressive. Like every second he spent here, something of himself would be lost.

"I...I...."

Choice 305
    : What will Matou Shinji do?

[ ] Give in - release the primordial Jinn upon the world, and leave
    [ ] Fight - no matter how powerful this thing is, it was beaten once. Trapped. And so, it can be beaten again
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 19th, 2018 at 03:40 AM.

[ ] Give in - release the primordial Jinn upon the world, stay to see what happen.

Probably a game over, but god know I am curius about this.

But how can my soul function without nitpicking the masterworks of great writers? No can do.

[x] Fight - no matter how powerful this thing is, it was beaten once. Trapped. And so, it can be beaten again
    - [x] Drink all the potions. Hope that they won't cause explosion by mixing in your stomach.

Time to be a hero. We have some serious combat modifiers in the potions and Fusion. ( And giving in seems like a trap option, so.) Time to see how malevolent the Dice gods are today.

Also, called it? Kind of?

Seriously, things like this is the reason I love this story.

EDIT. Uh, do Jinn count as Elementals? Because while pretty cool to witness, Marble Phantasms are very unpleasant to experience.
    Last edited by Malorius; April 19th, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

[x] Fight - no matter how powerful this thing is, it was beaten once. Trapped. And so, it can be beaten again

Why do you assume that the potion will in any way delay the spirit? Sunlight is not an exorcism, it will serve as a flashbang at most.

Granted, fighting it sure seems like a suicide.

Can I get the translation of alt text, its giving me a migraine to try to read.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    MUD DOLL. MONKEY. CHILD OF THE USURPERS.

THING OF DIRT.

And you are not. Neither Jinn, demon, shaitan or god.

You stole greatness from the cosmos as the ravens stole the suns from the sky.

Your kind stole the earth, pillaging the mantle of the primates from those more worthy.

RELEASE ME!
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 19th, 2018 at 08:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Scratch that.

[x] Attempt to communicate.