Page 208 of 299 FirstFirst ... 108158198203206207208209210213218258 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The world won't wait for us to have a good time. The plots, schemes and NPC agenda won't stop their development behind the scenes just because of our holiday. And that's great.

[x] Consult with Kaiduka, if he sees him.

I am unwilling to commit tho. We are having a character interaction here, damn it.

I am rather wary of sticking our nose on someone else's business and ended up drawing wrong conclusion or do something we will regret.

[x] As Luna
    I am of thought that Shinji want to be seen not attending.
    Going as Luna will mean avoiding Shinji's reputation from affecting us.
    Last edited by sileaf; May 31st, 2018 at 09:40 PM.

[x] As Luna

Blog Entries
    [x] As Zelkova.

[x] As Zelkova.

switch my vote to [x] As Zelkova.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 329: [x] Consult with Kaiduka, if he sees him.
    Choice 330:
    [x] As Zelkova.

Choice 331: Alas, the five-tailed kitsune was nowhere to be seen around the village, not that Shinji made it a point to look for him. It was simply that seeing Sajyou Ayaka in several places at once had made him wonder if she was up to something, or if someone else was up to something in her form. If Zelkova was active, this would be a simple matter of dispatching the kodama to trail one of the possibly fake senpais, but as it was, he'd promised to spend the day with Luna, and after all the worrying about him she'd done, it would feel rather bad if he were go haring off on another investigation.

Still, it wasn't as if he was good at hiding things from her, so...

"What's wrong?" she asked, glancing up at him. "You've been distracted for a while now."

"...I thought I saw something strange. I've been wondering what it might be," the boy admitted.

"The multiple Sajyou Ayakas?" Luna questioned, with Shinji stiffening. He really had to give his girlfriend more credit for being perceptive about these things.

"That's right. And since Zelkova is...resting, right now, I can't exactly have him investigate."

Luna paused for a moment, tilting her head.

"The one who came out of the water just now was real," she murmured quietly.

"How can you tell?"

"What she was holding. It reminded me of a hoshi no tama." In other words, it seemed like one of the balls that kitsune were said to carry around, in which they invested their power. "Only this one seemed to be what was left behind by something else. Something much older. It glowed in her hands, showing that she was one who could draw its power."

"...not that there aren't other people who might be able to draw on the power of something like that," Shinji mused aloud. Labelle, given the elements she liked to use, was likely one of them. "But...why in the water? And why did she look at you?"

"Not at me. At the pendant I was given."

The silvery-gold item shaped like a dragon's head, with a pale blue stone set within, said to have been recovered from the seafloor by a woman who'd traded it for a bottle of rare wine.

"...I see," Shinji noted. Another mystery then. How many were there on this isle? Who knew?

He thanked his companion, and tried to think no more on it, though he couldn't help but ask her if she would mind sending Pandora to the reception in Zelkova's form, with the kitsune hopefully discovering something of interest.

Who should Pandora prioritize speaking to?

[ ] Sajyou Ayaka
    [ ] Ramona Ahgeak
    [ ] Kaiduka & Lady Yamato
    [ ] Elesa Labelle
    [ ] One of the others (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] One of the others: Bear Mage.

Because I can't in good conscience call our nemesis by the dimunitive we were given. Seriously, let's just call him Michael when we tear the heart from his chest.

Ah, yes, reasoning... Mind games. Pandora shows off "our" "healed" body to provoke him into hunting us (and not, say, Rachelle) down on island, wasting all his chances of victory. And with Elesa at first, and with restored Zelkova later, we will not be ambushed easily. Also, Stukov is generally worse on the offence, so there is that.

We can't let the promised final battle between heirs of Light and Darkness not happen. Think of the drama! Narrative tension! Bloody cathatsis!

...Yes, it's because of the bear stereotype, sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    Pandora shows off "our" "healed" body to provoke him into hunting us (and not, say, Rachelle) down on island, wasting all his chances of victory.
    This makes little sense to me since Pandora is in Zelkova human form which has been seen on the island and does not look like Shinji. So doing this action does nothing, absolutely nothing, to provoke him.

Plus really, why the hell do we want to provoke him...he is already gunning for Shinji, Ramona and Lestrange, all of which Shinji can/will flow to if Mischa acts. So ah the set up for this upcoming boss fight has been completed. The red line to be able to avoid it has been passed. Pissing off Mischa more and/or revealing any more cards to is only going to make things harder.

Not to mention just how much Shinji has already done to get his attention/wrath. Shinji has openly walked around the island, with replaced limbs so Mischa can't fall back on at least Shinji suffered for killing Parambir, one of the few champions that Mischa might have been friends with. Also thanks to the Manly Picnic, he already assuming that Shinji is some descent of his families most hated enemy. We need not add more fuel to his hate, its likely already maxed.

[Joke] If we wanted to piss people off needlessly to cause our doom, I suggest we just send a warm Christmas card to the Einzbern Family.

[X] Kaiduka & Lady Yamato

So looking at the list of non-write in options, I feel that none of the given options are going to be fooled by Pandora's form at all. So I am not using this to go play stealth agent to fool anyone but to just talk to someone without openly declaring to everyone what is going on.

There are two choices I feel work best in this regard. Either we talk to Ayaka with Pandora or have her talk with Kaiduka. I am more incline to have the younger Kitsune talk to the older wiser Kitsune in the hopes that since he likes Shinji and Luna that he will pass something to Pandora to help them out.

Above all else, "Don't poke the sleeping Bear, it bites!"
    Last edited by Skull Leader; June 2nd, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Also thanks to the Manly Picnic, he already assuming that Shinji is some descent of his families most hated enemy.
    Well, he isn't wrong in thinking so, is he?
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Since this is about speaking and not simple information gathering.
    I wish to spy on mischa though, maybe a write in for that?

[X] Kaiduka & Lady Yamato
    Last edited by sileaf; June 2nd, 2018 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Pandora is in Zelkova human form
    Wow, I have somehow completely missed it. That makes poking the bear much harder, true. It seems that our fated encounter will happen with less pre-battle posturing, is all.

Oh well, back to rational thinking.

[x] One of the others: Mikhail "Mischa" Stukov.

Still, talking with him is viable for reconnaissance. Somewhat.
    Last edited by Malorius; June 3rd, 2018 at 02:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    [x] Kaiduka & Lady Yamato.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 331: [x] Kaiduka & Lady Yamato.

Choice 332:
    And aside from talking to those two, what should Pandora do?

[ ] Converse with some of the other guests
    [ ] Listen to what the Champions are talking about
    [ ] Report general tidbits being discussed
    [ ] Cause mischief upon...certain Champions
    [ ] (write-in)

[x] Listen to what the Champions are talking about

I am torn between this and info tidbit.
    I really want to know general thought of each champion to know who to watch out for next round.
    Last edited by sileaf; June 3rd, 2018 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sileaf View Post
    I really want to know general thought of each champion to know who to watch out for next round.
    You want to know who to watch out for? Ok

SL's Totally serious List of the Five Champions that want to kill Shinji

1. Mischa
    2. Libatius
    3. Mischa
    4. Sondrol (Don't touch her girl -IE Lestrange)
    5. Parambir...ah Mischa

Ok it all seriousness now, most champions are either in the order of Shinji would be dead if they wanted him dead ie Sondrol, Ayaka, and Elesa. Or they have little reason to care about Shinji as he not a threat to them or their goals, IE Lestrange, Ramona, and Ka'au (his future is already made, winning does not matter to him for the most part. And Olu is currently in the camp of being bros with Shinji in that they both defended Lestrange but Shinji showed the world that he does not mess around when someone messes with 'his girl.' Olu respects that.

So the list of champions that are a real threat to Shinji is kinda small to me. Its Mischa...with Libatius being a distant second place. Mostly because Lib is the type to win using ever trick in the book to do so. Hence the manly picnic getting everyone drunk when Lib had a cure for the hangover and was in no danger himself.

[X] Listen to what the Champions are talking about

Really tempting to release the kitsune on Mischa to prank his ass and make his life hell. But listen to others is useful even if I suspect that no real dirt will happen since its a public event, any real activity would have already happen behind closed doors.

Edit: The biggest threat to Shinji's health is us...I am sure we will get him killed or severally injured again before long.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; June 4th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

The length of updates intrigues me verily.

[x] Listen to what the Champions are talking about

Time for another subvote. Bear Mage is still a priority target...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 332: [x] Listen to what the Champions are talking about

Choice 333: At first, as Pandora arrives at the sea-side reception in the kodama's form, she does not notice the ones that her Master asked her to talk to, as they are not on the shore, partaking of the food and drink that is freely available to the guests and Champions attending. Oddly, Professor Slughorn, the man who smells of odd vapours and lard, has emerged from his lair, and was (not so) discretely inquiring with some of the Champions about their thoughts regarding Matou Shinji, with some being willing enough to talk, some wanting little to do with him, and one - the still injured and scarred Stukov - going out of his way to say that Slughorn made the alcohol taste bad.

'Lord Kaiduka? Lady Yamato? Where are they?'

She could not detect the presences normally associated with greater youkai, though that meant little, given that most of the higher ones also gained some sort of skill to conceal their nature.

And then she noticed something out of the corner of her eye: two shadows standing on the water, looking up at the moon.

When she turned to look directly, there was nothing there, though this did not dissuade her. Doing as her Master would do, she simply made her way out onto the surface of the sea, walking further and further, until she reached the place the two figures had stood, and the two became clear - though only when she wasn't looking at them.

"You have found us, little one," the elder kitsune greeted her, with an effortless display of elemental control.

"Yes," she noted, confirming that yes, the elder kitsune's companion was indeed Lady Yamato. "You let me find you."

"I did. I take it your Master's lover chose not to attend tonight?" the messenger of Inari questioned. "And you are called Pandora, yes?"

"That is correct, my lord," the kitsune in Zelkova's form answered. "If I may...?"

"Ask."

"Why are you and Lady Yamato out here?"

"Because I miss being out on the sea, and the Second Owner of Kyoto was kind enough to hide me from sight while I stretched my legs, so to speak."

"Ah." In her short existence, Pandora had not really interacted with many tsukumogami before, and so knew very little about what drove them, compared to most youkai. "You were...a ship once?"

"A flagship. And today I am an admiral."

"I see."

The three were silent for a while, or rather, the two kitsune were as Lady Yamato danced and leapt upon the waves.

"You have a question, young Pandora?"

"Ah, my Master's lover was troubled by seeing several Sajyous."

"Mm." The elder kitsune acknowledged. He was silent for some time, before he spoke. "What do you know of dragons, young one?"

"Little, my lord."

"You would only know of the wyverns of the West then?" the messenger of Inari questioned. "Beasts that possess power, yet lack wisdom. They could not shed their mortal flesh and pass over to the Other Side, as there was nothing that could pass." Something like a sigh escaped the elder kitsune's lips. "Yet though the wise ones of the East passed over, much was left behind."

"Left behind?"

"In the art of the East, the great ones always had jewels, though the names differed - yeouiju. Tide Jewels. Cintamani. Dragon orbs. These, not being of the dragons did not pass over with them."

"An orb? Like a hoshi no tama?"

"In a sense. It is said that such allowed the great ones to use their power safely in this world, that their overwhelming might need not be a force of devastation. Such jewels are said to grant wishes for those less powerful, though they cannot do something like resurrect the dead. Well, not alone anyway."

The elder kitsune chuckled.

"But I digress. Tell your Master and her lover that there is no cause for worry, young one. My apprentice can handle herself, after all."

"As you say, my lord."

Getting back to land, is there any particular Champion(s) that Pandora wishes to listen in on? (choose up to two)

[ ] Stukov
    [ ] Elesa
    [ ] Lestrange
    [ ] Ramona
    [ ] Libatius
    [ ] Olu
    [ ]
    (write-in)

[X] Stukov
    [X] Olu

I can accept listening in on Lib here but he just feels like a man that would give nothing away at this moment or give a false impression. Pandora is likely good at observing people, much better than Zelkova would be, but I think I would rather see if Olu has changed his behavior since the rumble happen. Mischa not likely to do anything other than drink and stew silently in his corner but he is a rather important person for Shinji to understand just how much he is gunning for Shinji. We can't afford shinji to even for a second, think that Mischa does not want to destroy ever cell in Shinji's body.

[x] Stukov

Lets keep it focused, might help the effectiveness.