Page 209 of 299 FirstFirst ... 109159199204207208209210211214219259 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

[X] Stukov
    [X] Olu

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    We can't afford shinji to even for a second, think that Mischa does not want to destroy ever cell in Shinji's body.
    Nonsense. I'm sure Mischa would like to take a trophy of his victory over the scion of Zolgen.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; June 6th, 2018 at 07:51 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Skull trophies are a time honored tradition. Though the hide is a possibility too! Which choice would be more fitting for the Light aesthetics, I wonder.

The heart?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 333: [x] Stukov; [x] Olu

Apologies for the lack of a proper update. The leadup to E3 is quite busy for people in my line of work!

Choice 334:
    In any case, now that we've established what's going on at the reception, we turn now to the hot springs, where Matou Shinji and his young lover are having a intimate little rendezvous, the night before the proper competition begins. Or rather, we turn to a decision that must be made...

Should Matou Shinji...

[ ] Enjoy what might be the last night he's alive to the fullest
    [ ] Spend the night talking about all the different things that have happened till now
    [ ] Turn in early, as the beginning of the competition will be important
    [ ] (write-in)

And should he...

[ ] Arrive at the gather point earlier than everyone else
    [ ] Around the same time everyone else does
    [ ] Arrive just before the deadline, so no one has time to analyze him
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    [x] Turn in early, as the beginning of the competition will be important.
    [x] Arrive just before the deadline, so no one has time to analyze him.

Prioritizing preparation time and starting with the best odds possible. Probably implies Shinji won't have time to discuss with other champions before the event starts but, I can live with that.

There will be other opportunities for romantic evenings (even if it's far in the future) and Luna gets to be with Shinji all day previous to this. I'm sure she would agree that he best make sure he gets proper rest before going once more for what sounds like (at minimum) multiple days into the place he nearly died within a night.

[X] Spend the night talking about all the different things that have happened till now

Sharing and talking are a good way for Shinji to let out his worry and stress, and Luna might even give him advice.

[X] Arrive at the gather point earlier than everyone else
    Might want to analyse other champion rather than arrive late and miss out

[X] Spend the night talking about all the different things that have happened till now

Let's get those secrets out of the way already. One good night of sleep won't help out all that much for a several weeks long event. And since we made a point to hoard those SAN points instead of letting go, actually talking like normal people about our past - and future - seems prudent.

[x] Arrive just before the deadline, so no one has time to analyze him.

We have managed to avoid public eye as much as possible past week, I would rather keep the streak going. Our goals are chosen, strategy is set and alliances are solid. Somewhat. Also, our main analytical tool is still hibernating.

We don't need to come earlier.

[ ] Enjoy what might be the last night he's alive to the fullest ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

nah just kidding, [X] Spend the night talking about all the different things that have happened till now

(how old is Shinji btw, 14?)

[X] Arrive just before the deadline, so no one has time to analyze him
    Last edited by Haunter; June 8th, 2018 at 01:18 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    (how old is Shinji btw, 14?)
    Yes. He's 14.

[X] Arrive at the gather point earlier than everyone else

Honestly I believe that Shinji showing up last is going to hurt Shinji more than help him. Since he was not at the gathering the night before, he needs to watch the other champions to get a sense of them and any new surprises that they might have.

...And how will he notice those surprises? They are bound to be properly hidden, in case of items/potions, or imperceptible, like new spells and skills. We don't have our familiar on the lookout, so.

The only thing early arrival can help with is watching for alliances, but that's dubious at best.

Then again, if one of the participants has brought a rocket launcher to the starting line, I will be too amazed to dwell on my incorrect reasoning...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 334: [X] Spend the night talking about all the different things that have happened till now; [x] Arrive just before the deadline, so no one has time to analyze him.

Choice 335:
    After a long night of talking and rambling with his young lover, around the hot springs, and then the roof of the dorms, the two return to Shinji's room, where they watch the sun beginning to creep towards the horizon while Luna shares with him what Pandora learned from the night. He has resolved to show up to the rally point just before the deadline, yet that leaves him some time.

What will he do in his last hour?

[ ] Take a walk around the village with Luna
    [ ] Grab a very short nap
    [ ] Take a last soak in the springs
    [ ] Make any last ofuda he needs to, and focus his mind
    [ ] Do a morning spar with Luna, like he used to
    [ ] (write-in)

Huh. So the whole night was spent on this, without a wink of sleep. Ok.

[x] Make any last ofuda he needs to, and focus his mind

Naps usually leave me more tired than anything else, and a spar will be only detrimental to Shinji's prana reserves. (But of course it will turn out that it's the last push needed for Zelkova's recovery. I just know it.)

So focus it is. Also, ofuda, you can't have enough of them.

[X] Make any last ofuda he needs to, and focus his mind

[X] Do a morning spar with Luna, like he used to

I know, I know people likely want to make Ofuda here. But more important than Ofuda (as we can still make it during the championship, its a few weeks long so its not like the overnight), is making sure that Shinji gets all the kinks worked out with his new limbs in a safe matter.

A spar will allow him to get use to his limbs so that he not caught in surprise by an issue with them during an actual danger. And this spar is unlikely to get to the level that Shinji uses resources up.

Actually, my main intention is to make sure Shinji is mentally prepared. Ofuda are just a bonus.

Sparring is a risk though.

[X] Make any last ofuda he needs to, and focus his mind

Blog Entries
    [x] Grab a very short nap.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 335: [X] Make any last ofuda he needs to, and focus his mind

I probably won't be updating too much during E3, just a FYI.

Choice 336: What types of ofuda has he been focusing on throughout the week? (choose two)

[ ] Binding Ofuda
    [ ] Warding Ofuda
    [ ] Earth Elemental Ofuda
    [ ] Water Elemental Ofuda
    [ ] Flow-only ofuda

Choice 337: In focusing his mind, does he seek to help himself....

[ ] Respond rapidly to any situation
    [ ] Consider any situation from as many angles as possible

Ofuda choice...the hardest of choices here. I think we would be foolish if we do not pick Flow ofuda so that takes the first slot but that last slot is just hard to pick. None of them of course are in any way bad to pick but it like picking a favorite child here. Really I can accept anyone's argument for a 2nd pick.

[X] Flow-only ofuda
    [X] Binding ofuda

Earth/Water are of course value main skills of shinji and are the key to get around the high defense enemies but in the end of the day Shinji can semi access this skill in Fusion without Ofuda. The papers just makes the gas tank run longer as well as harder better faster stronger. However my argument for Binding is that its mostly anti-sprite, and is one of the strongest abilities he has against sprites. Shinji does not have a lot of other ways to really deal with ghosts like creatures outside of his Fading potion, but that comes with a downside of becoming more weak against their attacks.

Thought in one week time I hope that Shinji was able to make his ofuda he will need. Work it harder, do it faster Shinji. But more than ever, his work is never over...

[X] Consider any situation from as many angles as possible

Again either one of these work, faster response would be super nice and is likely a needed skill but considering when I think about it that Shinji usually gets into trouble if he just acts without thinking, that one might fit him but every main mentor figure I can think of basically has reinforced at some point that Shinji needs to analyze things more.

Then again, faster response sounds more like BC Shinji and how he does things. Like I said, this choice can go either way to me, but I figured Shinji would pick the option that Sion would do herself and that is view situations from every angle.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; June 11th, 2018 at 07:12 PM.