Page 212 of 299 FirstFirst ... 112162202207210211212213214217222262 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

[X] The one which is practically the entrance to a cave

Little info to go on here. Thought the big cave does not sound like that great of a place if we want out of here, thought if we explore it and tag it with an Ofuda it could become an excellent base of operation and/or retreat point. I am willing to go explore that area for this as well as by time for Zelkova to wake up so that they can leave this place. Just remember to mark our path so that we can get back here later.

Thought I have to say exploring that third option just to know what it is, also works for me. Upstream option might be the way out but I rather leave this place only after Shinji and Zelkova are both ready.

[x] The one from which the water comes (go upstream)

If the other leads to the sea, there's that talk of hoshi no tama...

I favor the upstream route,however, as we want to go to the center of the island, in my mind that means heading further inland.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anymore votes? You have 24 hours to get them in.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Blog Entries
    [x] The one which is practically the entrance to a cave.

Well, even though the voting was nominally closed, Daiki's vote puts it back to a tie, with 2 votes for each of [go downstream] and [go upstream]. When I initially finished thinking about this, I chose not to vote, because I didn't have a strong preference and there was already a majority for [upstream]. My vote would have been for [x] finding the third tunnel, as we're trying to meet up with Elesa before doing our exploring so that we don't die horribly. But with Alf's silence on the matter, combined with Daiki's vote being added, I thought I'd share my thoughts:

Upstream is likely towards the center of the isle, which is where we're trying to go. But that doesn't mean we'll be able to get out by going upstream; it isn't terribly uncommon for river sources to be underground, eventually surfacing in a spring.

Downstream is possibly directly into the sea, but also possibly a spring, from which we could escape the cave. It is also probably farther from where we're trying to go, but it may be easier to get to our destination anyway.

The third tunnel, being out of the water, is at a higher elevation. It's probably also angled upwards, rather than downwards; this is probably our best bet for finding the surface quickly.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apologies for my lack of response. The past week has been a rather busy time, and I've not been able to really sit down and write too much. With that said, since the vote was closed at the time that Daiki voted, I am resolving the tie for Choice 342 as [x] Upstream

Choice 343: To surface again, and risk his mind by exposing himself to the chorus of words and thoughts, was out of the question. He'd barely pulled free of the music's influence once, and he wasn't sure he could do it again if it proved necessary.

'So there are downsides to being in spirit form after all...'

Either way, his first goal was to try and meet up with Elesa, and while the tunnel would be a very tight squeeze in his normal form, he was something like a wraith at present.

And so he headed upstream, into utter darkness, navigating by something that was like touch, as the water seemed rich with prana - filled to bursting with it. It moved slowly, and even though his body was intangible, he could feel the energy of the water flowing into him nonetheless.

Eventually, he reached what seemed to be the end of the channel, an underwater reservoir into which water flowed from hundreds of tiny cracks and crevices through which water flowed, each different in the level of prana they carried, some of which seemed pure - some of which seemed somehow tainted - or muted somehow.

From one, he sensed traces of what might have been blood.

And yet, he could sense something else. An outflow channel on the other side, with greater volume.

Which way does he go?

[ ] Go straight upwards - maybe he can get through the rock
    [ ] Follow the trail of blood
    [ ] Take the larger outflow channel
    [ ] Go back to the cave, choose another option
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] Take the larger outflow channel

Well, we're exploring anyway, might as well keep at it. [X] Follow the trail of blood. If something's injured or dying, we might be able to harvest some valuable materials, or pick up loot if it hoards shiny things. Most (though certainly not all) things that bleed won't be much of a threat to something with no physical body, so we probably won't be in any greater danger than picking any other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by apsalar View Post
    Well, we're exploring anyway, might as well keep at it. [X] Follow the trail of blood. If something's injured or dying, we might be able to harvest some valuable materials, or pick up loot if it hoards shiny things. Most (though certainly not all) things that bleed won't be much of a threat to something with no physical body, so we probably won't be in any greater danger than picking any other direction.
    The opposite is also true in whatever caused the wound.
    So i am expecting a battle in that direction.

I don't vote for it as it can be another champion in need of help.

On the other hand, there could easily be another of whatever caused the wound in each tunnel, and things that cause physical injuries tend not to hurt spirits. Also, whatever is injured could have fought off its attacker or escaped and returned to its lair, meaning that whatever caused the injury may be elsewhere. Really, there isn't enough information to declare that any path is more dangerous than another, but this one has a slightly higher chance of phat lootz.

Also, if there are multiple outflow channels here (at least two, on opposite sides), and the only inflow channels are tiny cracks, this is likely near the point of highest elevation on the isle, which probably means near the center, which is where we wanted to go based on the last vote. So getting farther from that point seems counterintuitive, unless we changed our mind.
    Last edited by apsalar; June 29th, 2018 at 12:35 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apsalar View Post
    lso, if there are multiple outflow channels here (at least two, on opposite sides), and the only inflow channels are tiny cracks, this is likely near the point of highest elevation on the isle, which probably means near the center, which is where we wanted to go based on the last vote. So getting farther from that point seems counterintuitive, unless we changed our mind.
    That would depend on the layout of the island.

Blog Entries
    [x] Take the larger outflow channel.

The dice decided.

[x] Follow the trail of blood

Curiosity beckons me.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    That would depend on the layout of the island.
    It would, but (if the island was naturally formed, which is, admittedly, an assumption) the highest elevation would almost certainly not be near the coast. That's not how islands form. Although, I suppose, the highest point could be a cliff on the edge, where the downward slope calved (or was cut) off.

. . . I changed my mind, because so far shinji has a penchant for aiding people when he don't have to.
    It has given him a share of trouble which even i have to question his action.
    I suppose i might as well vote him to continue it while crossing my fingers it won't destroy him.

There is also his promise to rachell to help her, so might as well check it out so he isn't going against his own word.

Truthfully, i hope we aren't going to meet other champion so soon.

[X] Follow the trail of blood
    Last edited by sileaf; June 30th, 2018 at 02:49 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 343: [X] Follow the trail of blood

Choice 344: The boy hung in the darkness for some time, not sure which way to go. Downwards or upwards, towards what might be conflict, or away from it. He didn't know - wasn't sure, since while floating in prana rich waters in his spirit form, he couldn't really infuse his own prana into it in any meaningful way - or into the rock around it - before it was swept away.

'But...if there's blood, that means there's something there...'

Or so he told himself, as he moved towards the crevice the blood was coming from.

'Or at least, I think its something like blood. It feels...different from the water, anyway.'

It sang to him, calling to him as he neared it, and surrendering to its call, he followed it, willing his spirit through the treacherous cracks it seeped through. There was a distance yet for him to follow, as the song grew stronger, stronger, stronger, until at last, he emerged into a vast pool of it, within some kind of cavern, or perhaps ruins.

'Blood. A pool of blood...'

Does he...

[ ] Go physical and bathe in it, as it seems to call to him to do
    [ ] Get out of the pool and go physical, as his spiritual senses may not be completely reliable in such a place
    [ ] Stay in spirit form and explore the cavern
    [ ] (write-in)

I kinda hate wasting Sprite form by going in and out of it, but jumping into a pool of blood that calls to him does not see like a great idea. Especially since the sprites in this area were not exactly singing songs of happiness earlier.

[X] Get out of the pool and go physical, as his spiritual senses may not be completely reliable in such a place

I really wish Zelkova was awake to give his input on this pool. Before Shinji does something foolish or permanent.

I am unwilling to leave spirit form as it means shinji will have limited mobility again and unlikely to want to waste another dose of potion once he is in place he can travel on foot. Furthermore it also once more expose him.
    I think it best to at least ascertain the area's safety before going physical too.
    Judging by the power present in the blood, whoever it belongs to doesn't seem human.
    As there is both danger in either physical or spirit form, i opted to stay as spirit.
    Spirit at least means we can go through wall and flee better than in physical form

[X] Stay in spirit form and explore the cavern.

Well, we can go physical and bath in blood, hoping that it will give us a buff with no strings attached...

Or we can do a reasonable thing and ignore the plot hook. Probably avoiding melting Wakame's worm flesh from the brittle bones.

Choices, choices.

[X] Stay in spirit form and explore the cavern.

Boring and reasonable it is. I'll wait for the next chance to vote for suicidal risk until we are in a better condition.
    Last edited by Malorius; July 3rd, 2018 at 06:19 AM.

If we decide to go physical before the potion wears off on its own, is the effect done for that dose, or can we shift back into spirit form until the duration is gone? I'd imagine the former, but it's important to know.