Page 275 of 299 FirstFirst ... 175225265270273274275276277280285 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can wear them together, there are no compatibility issues.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    It has been confirmed that both outfits can be worn together. Now do we plan to have Shinji wear both or not since that will have an impact on the enhancements we choose for both outfits.

I like of idea of both un Shinji.
    Combine Shinji should get a nice speed power up.

Are the similarly named bonuses added then? Does the stronger replace the weaker one? Something in-between, like 1.5 coefficient? Sounds pretty broken if we can just go Speed+Speed. Not that I'm against it, mind you.

I thought the effects of similar nature replace each other though. This implies that the Illuminati outfit doesn't use Runes to function, only the "artificial circuits" matter for enhancement, hmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    Did I get anything wrong, Alf?
    I think it's relevant to discussion, since Daiki still hasn't changed his vote.

Blog Entries
    I think speed covers reaction speed? I don't know you might be right about this pick Daiki.
    when the choice of permanent boost from Perseus was up, iirc, Alf described Speed as an upgrade to both body movements and reaction speed.
    Those are not always inclusive so I will wait for Alf to confirm which way it goes here.

As for the Fairy Eyes, they allow you to process visual information faster. Meanwhile Thought Accel gives you faster thinking process.

Working conjointly these two gives you the ability to be a super fast CPU, which should make Shinji able to make plans on the fly faster with whatever information he has gathered (which could translate IC has having more actions during fights or more choices at certain critical points - as in pick two choices instead of one etc... or whatever Alf wants to come up with really).

However, I think it's worth it to underline the importance of reaction time, as the body maybe super fast yet still fail to react appropriately or just mess up the ideal timing for your action, thus still missing the mark in some scenarios.

Ofc, if Alf prefers to group those two together (for the sake of less headaches probably), I'll opt for another second vote; most likely Prana Emission Control or something like Stealth / Silent mode. (Or maybe strength if it's required for mid-armor after all)

edit: On irc if you guys want to talk.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 22nd, 2019 at 01:06 PM.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. While our body relies on the current level of Reinforcement (plus Fusion and Sandals) , and our analysis and actions - on Thought Acceleration (plus a bit of Fusion and a fraction of innate Dragon bits, I'm sure), our perception/reaction speed is supposed to be more or less perfect thanks to the Eyes. If we start using them, of course.
    Last edited by Malorius; January 22nd, 2019 at 01:09 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Something in-between, like 1.5 coefficient? Sounds pretty broken if we can just go Speed+Speed. Not that I'm against it, mind you.
    Something in-between, due to different mechanisms of action, as well as physical limitations of the body.

The Illuminati use an artificial circuit system in their outfits, which propagates the effects that one programs via the core mechanism, creating a sort of resonating reinforcement effect that affects the entire body. This allows for a certain level of flexibility for their agents, and also allows something of a one-size fits all approach for new agents.

Touko's creations lack this sort of flexibility, because the effects are locked in at crafting. Also, as it is rune-based, it affects what it comes into contact with - for example, if you want fists hard enough to smash people's heads in, you have to wear gloves that allow that. On the other hand, you can code for much more specific effects, like say, specifically enhancing your heart/lung system (so you never have to worry about lung cancer from smoking shitty cigarettes), your ability to break down alcohol, or other things.

As such, speed (how fast you can move) and reaction speed (which deals more with your ability to process information) are two different things, though Fairy Eye and Thought Acceleration will of course help. In fact, your main issue right now is that yes, you can see things coming, but your body cannot keep up.

One of the possible enhancements you could write in is faster nerve transmission, if you desire...

As for the whole enhancement from Gaia, that was a blessing from Gaia, which in rewriting you so you have greater speed, would also have taken the time to make sure you could best make use of it. This is an external enhancement, not a rewrite of your base stats.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 22nd, 2019 at 02:39 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Nice, very nice! Thanks for explanation, Alf.

[x] Speed.
    [x] Reaction speed

I'm sure, Touko knows more about the body, so she can add the specific methods herself. Faster nerve response is good, I guess, but maybe additional thought partitioning will work better, or more efficient hormonal stimulation, or... Who knows what's better for a half-dragon hybrid? Let her decide.

Don't have time to debate or comment but please change my vote to spd and increasing reaction speed.

[x] Speed.
    [x] Reaction speed

[x]Speed
    [x]Reaction Speed

Change my vote from Vitality to Reaction Speed. For the Illuminati Outfit we could equip weight decrease, low level healing, and emission control to round out our stats. Weight decrease gives some boost to speed and strength while healing gives us a passive for regeneration. Emission control so we can hide our magical signature. The agent outfit comes with basic protection against magical and physical effects and fusion adds to that so we don't need to choose them as enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracueri View Post
    For the Illuminati Outfit we could equip weight decrease, low level healing, and emission control to round out our stats.
    We could sure, but we did not vote to debrief with Elesa where she could have readjusted the armor again. So we are at the moment suck with what we got.

Mal, was not fully set on Plate mail level armor outer layer. But if you did you would need the feats/equipment to make you the "dwarf" IE full movement speed inside heavily armor. I am just saying we need heaviler armor now. Maybe a breast plate or some chain main. More in line with maybe Medium Armor in DnD terms.

Shinji is not fully an assassin where he is stuck to only having light armor. Nor is Shinji that great at stealth. While we might not want to go full on tank mode here, we do need to be able to withstand heavy firepower. Which means to me having quality armor from the Goblins that is resistant on being destroyed. Yes we want to keep as much mobility as we can but we still want a strong armor level. Think more Medium Tanks in real life that support infantry vs say the more beefy heavy tanks that are tank destroyers. That mindset.

Shinji gets into too many fights that are above his pay grade for us not to armor up at some degree beyond these enhancement layers. Leave the stealth, light armor killing builds to Pansy and other wizards. Shinji is a far more moderately tanking build that is supplemented by his ability to make rock cover. And if we get regen going, we basically are our own Cover Based Shooter protag.

[X] A crotchless bodystocking (which really can be worn under anything - crotchless so he can go to the bathroom without removing it)

I think this suit needs to cover most of his body for us to get reaction time to all of the important limbs and the rest of him. The write in is not bad per say but it would in my mind not power the parts it does not cover IE the lower legs. And we need this suit to be comfortable to wear most of the time, so this option sounds the best to me.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 22nd, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    [x] Speed.
    [x] Reaction speed
    Sounds good to me.

Yes your right SL I forgot that we need Elesa to reprogram the setting for the outfit. I will change my vote to crotchless bodystocking if majority of body needs to be covered in order for increase reaction time to function effectively.

Blog Entries
    Do not forget that you get gloves and socks for that outfit.

It's not like you plan to tank with that kind of under armor itself, that's the role of the outer layer. Covering the whole body is thus unnecessary. You need enough speed to move and react, which can be done through pumping muscles (thighs + calves) + pivot / propulsive point (feet) on leg - and flexibility in the arms (wrist + shoulders) - when it comes to pure movement.

So, unless the socks are unusually short (which I don't expect Touko to do if we pick those options anyway), that's all the important parts covered.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 22nd, 2019 at 08:29 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 456a: [x] Speed; [x] Reaction Speed
    Choice 456b: [x] A crotchless bodystocking

As Shinji stated his preferences, he found the puppeteer almost...snickering at what he had chosen.

"What?" he asked, genuinely confused over what Aozaki Touko could find so funny about speed enhancements on a crotchless bodystocking. "Did I say something wrong?"

The puppeteer just smirked.

"No. Though this is for you, yes? And not for Tohsaka, as some sort of strange lingerie?" the magus questioned. "Though I suppose for that you'd have chosen vitality, huh..."

"...Master, really," Shinji grumbled, though the puppeteer's words did evoke...memories of the Trial of Courage and how...willing to experiment, how eager Tohsaka had been, enough so that his ears turned quite red.

"It would be easy enough for you to push her down, you know," the redhead pointed out. "I doubt she'd resist - she'd probably even enjoy it as you slowly--."

"Master, stop, please!" the boy interrupted, even if his mind had begun to imagine such a scenario. "This isn't appropriate. And Tohsaka and I - its not like that."

Aozaki Touko paused for a moment to regard her former apprentice, before nodding.

"At least you have a spine, even if as always, your love life is quite tangled, with all the young women you draw towards you, and all the misunderstandings," she stated with something like a smirk. "It is almost entertaining. Almost." She made as if to reach for something in her coat, before frowning as she realized what she sought wasn't there. "In any case, I can certainly make what you desire." She made a sound like a hmph. "Was there anything else?"

"Nothing of...the moonlit world," Shinji replied delicately. "There was some CAS business I wanted to see you about, however?"

"Yes? What is it?"

"First...would it be possible for me to buy the house elf used for testing from you?" the boy asked. He rather felt sorry about a thinking being used as a test subject like that. "And second, could I check the archives to see if there are any potions recipes I may have access to?"

"And what recipes might those be?"

Shinji frowned.

"Maybe...the one my team crafted during the preliminaries?" he hazarded, with Touko's eyebrow raising slightly.

"I suppose there would be no harm in allowing you to see," Aozaki Touko stated blandly. "And yes, we can release the house elf into your custody, though there will be some delay, as we want to examine it to see what effects the potions had. Payment will be made...?"

"In coin," Shinji replied. "Apparently Luna won quite a bit betting on me," he added sheepishly.

"I see," the puppeteer noted. "I do hope you will be doing something nice for the girl, given how much trouble you put her through."

"I--of course! What do you take me for, master?"

"...that is a discussion for another time."

Choice 457: So, what would Shinji like to do with Luna? (choose two)

[ ] Walk around the village
    [ ] Spend time with Gabrielle Delacour
    [ ] Talk about the Championship, on the roof of the dorm
    [ ] Enjoy time at the beach
    [ ] (Write-in)

Choice 458: Also, with regard to guests, who is he most interested in speaking with, besides Kaiduka and Yamato?

[ ] Gabrielle Delacour
    [ ] Andreas
    [ ] One of the Americans
    [ ] Libatius' fiancee
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 23rd, 2019 at 09:44 PM.

[ ] Libatius' fiancee

Blog Entries
    I assume Shinji will exchange words with most guests but I think we should give

[x] One of the Americans

extra attention since they would complete the most adequate trio (with Kaiduka and Yamato) to discuss Shinji's performance overall. Only them would be aware of what was truly at stake back then. (Both in the temple and when the filth started to spread through Mischa)

It also gives us one of the rare opportunities to approach the Illuminati faction (besides Elesa).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    One of the Americans

[x] Gabrielle Delacour

Sometimes I just wish for a "feels good" update. No scheming involved. Today is one such day.