Page 279 of 299 FirstFirst ... 179229269274277278279280281284289 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Fuck this I quit
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 27th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    [x]Go after her-she said she was heading to claim control of the company, which means the CAS Archives
    That's a bad idea, skulkid, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Don't try to head her off! Let her take control of it, they can work it out but this is not the moment.
    SL said it quite well. Luna has discovered this ugly feeling of jealousy coiling inside of her heart - which is absolutely delightful, by the way - we need to stop trying to fit her into our convenient little boxes. Let her hurt Shinji. Let them both steam over it a bit, it's for the best. Such deep seated issues don't disappear because of a pep talk and a hug, we need to show that we care. Step by step.

Whether we actually care or not is the question here tho...

*is stoned to death*

This feel so manipulative chapter, now she cares, how many chances she had to show her concern or express her feelings.
    Now she explote all shit talk about how much a shit boyfriend Shinji Is (not wrong here).
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 27th, 2019 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    [x] Wait in his room for Luna to return.

She just asked you if you trust her and told that she would be back eventually. The least Shinji can do at this point is to humor her and reflect on what she just said. Both need time to think and settle down before their next conversation.

Doesn't matter how long she takes, Shinji has to show patience here, until she comes back. It also gives him a taste of what Luna experienced that morning, when he left without a warning.

She wants him to learn her pain and meditate on his poor behavior, adjusting accordingly in the future.

Running after her will only worsen her mood and risks a serious argument when Shinji starts saying stuff that he doesn't mean in anger. And going around to ask about advice is the worst thing you can do here, since Luna wants Shinji to learn to be considerate of her, not what others have to say about their relationship. Plus, if she comes back and he is not there, there will be hell to pay.

I think letting her do as she pleases shows that Shinji trusts her judgment by dealing with the details of the contract herself. There may be a clause about not hiring Rin added as a last minute thing, but if that's what it takes then so be it. We will find another who can fill her role if it comes to that, someone with circuits, maybe Mashu would be up to it, at least until Shinji has learned the basic techniques of Atlas.

If things go well, she will be back for the evening, allowing the couple to spend a better shared time together.

Fine, I will let Shinji think about this issue and hopefully make a realization that Luna might not be his Goddess like Sokaris but that Luna is still his world. More important than all the other girls in his life. As long as He can expain just why his patron is so up there, which should click when she find out its is his dead friend.
    Let her go off and get the company. After all WE TRUST HER. The only reason why he would go after her would be that he does not trust her. She is not going to ruin this company over all of this, we wanted her to be apart of it because we wanted the two to work together closely as partners. Like the couple that they are. The bridge is not burnt down yet.

We need Shinji to be calm here and to truly remorse here so that is going to take him be hit on the head by an outside person. Either Kaiduka or Ayaka might be good for this. If he does the Cafe move, he is just making plans without her being involved again and hoping that she goes along yet again. He learns nothing.

The talking to Luna about ditching Rin IS important but the context/time/place need to be set up for that to even be a working plan. But I am not sure Luna really cares about all of that stuff, only that she seems to takes Luna for granted. And that he seems to care far more about Rin well being than hers.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 27th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post

She just asked you if you trust her and told that she would be back eventually. The least Shinji can do at this point is to humor her and reflect on what she just said. Both need time to think and settle down before their next conversation.

Doesn't matter how long she takes, Shinji has to show patience here, until she comes back. It also gives him a taste of what Luna experienced that morning, when he left without a warning.

She wants him to learn her pain and meditate on his poor behavior, adjusting accordingly in the future.
    Or, and hear me out on this, we can not just spend several hours pointlessly wallowing in misery and actually do something nice for her instead. While providing her the freedom to ruin our plans as a show of trust, yes. If that's what she wants to do now, let her have it.

I'm not saying that the dinner is the best answer here, but it works better than letting Shinji cast doubt in the prison of his mind on everything they have managed to build together with Luna, especially considering his newfound inhuman mindset pushing him in... unwise directions.
    Last edited by Malorius; January 27th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Shinji needs to meditate on this. To rethink of how he does things, lest he repeats the exact same mistake later, only there will be no path for forgiveness this time.

Luna doesn't want him to do something nice, she wants him to act properly, as in not making decisions for her, stop flirting with other females, be more open and at least be considerate enough to warn her and ask her opinion when he does something.

You guys are all jumping at the smooth things up step when Luna will not be open to this until he has understood the errors of his way. It will come in handy, but now is not the time for it.

Asking advice and trying to make it up to her only comes as genuine once he had time to reflect on it.

I think that you are too optimistic if you feel that one session of meditation will be enough to make Shinji reconsider all of his actions and change his entire thought process. And when she comes back, than what? Apologies, empty platitudes, desperate promises that we will break anyway?

Words are cheap. We control Shinji's actions, not his thoughts. So we should make something of this ability to act. Go and do something that is about Shinji and Luna, not anybody else. If she rejects it, so be it. We will try again. And again. And again. Because they both obviously care about each other, but actions speak loader than words. We don't need to wallow in guilt, we need to make decisions that consider Luna's feelings. That's a longer and harder path than just hoping that a meditation or two will wash away all our sins and make Shinji a better person - but its a more realistic one.

Blog Entries
    I think that you are too optimistic if you feel that one session of meditation will be enough to make Shinji reconsider all of his actions and change his entire thought process.
    He has to start somewhere. Nobody believes he will do a complete u-turn in an afternoon.

And when she comes back, than what? Apologies, empty platitudes, desperate promises that we will break anyway?
    At least he wasn't attempting to brush off the situation as if it was nothing by attempting to buy her back with something nice.

It means that he at least understood the gravity of situation. A primordial first step.

Words are cheap.
    Not when they are followed by the appropriate action.

Shinji said that he trusts her. She promised she would come back eventually so he waits for her. End of story.

We control Shinji's actions, not his thoughts.
    No we don't control his actions either, at best we influence them. That's why Shinji sometimes take liberties that go way beyond our own spectrum of anticipated moves.

Go and do something that is about Shinji and Luna, not anybody else. If she rejects it, so be it. We will try again. And again. And again.
    As I said, you're going one step too fast here. Luna will not grant infinite opportunities to Shinji.

If you want her to accept the idea that he is going to change, he has to prove it first. She wants you to pay attention, not to go off on a random attempt to seduce her back.

We don't need to wallow in guilt,
    Which is not what Shinji will do the whole time she is away. He needs to wake up and to correct his mistakes through genuine reflection.

we need to make decisions that consider Luna's feelings.
    Which is exactly what my write-in is about.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Change my vote to Wait in his room for Luna to return

At least he wasn't attempting to brush off the situation as if it was nothing by attempting to buy her back with something nice.
    Uh-huh. And that's why showing attention is a bad behaviour in any relationship because it's obviously a manipulation. Right.

Shinji said that he trusts her. She promised she would come back eventually so he waits for her. End of story.
    End of the story in your head, maybe. Shinji didn't say he would wait her, and she notably didn't ask for it. We can move from this point forward however we choose. Or, you know, we can stay in place and pretend that beating yourself over past mistakes satisfies something except your own guilt.

No we don't control his actions either, at best we influence them. That's why Shinji sometimes take liberties that go way beyond our own spectrum of anticipated moves.
    True. That's why we can usually choose options with helpfully provided IC motivation. Which, I would like to point it out, leaves much less room for interpretation than simple "Wait in the room".

As I said, you're going one step too fast here. Luna will not grant infinite opportunities to Shinji.

If you want her to accept the idea that he is going to change, he has to prove it first. She wants you to pay attention, not to go off on a random attempt to seduce her back.
    Sure, because seduction is all there is to it. We want her body only for our twisted wish fullfillment, after all! Oh, wait, no, that's not true at all. Luna wants Shinji to prove that he cares. Maybe we should actually prove it instead of just postponing the action, don't you think?

Basically, I don't think that Shinji in a deep enough denial to reject the reality of his actions, after he was faced with the recent revelations. We have a window of oppotunity to start the process of mending the bridges now, but we may well miss it - if she desires to walk away and allow us to think over our hurt feelings for a month or two.

Seriously, unless you add some specific clarification to your vote, Daiki, the decision will remain just a wishful thinking.

Blog Entries
    End of the story in your head, maybe.
    This is my way of stating my point of view, don't take it the wrong way.

Anyway, I said my piece at this point, here and on irc. As you conveyed your own I think.

Let's leave it at that.

JP Friend Code

Well, I can't make you modify your vote, so we'll just see how the dice fall.

Worst (best?) case scenario, Luna dumps Shinji and we all proceed with our lives. I mean, psychotic breakdowns and depression are good for building character, and that's something I can appreciate in protagonist.

[X] Go to the cafe and book the back room (or get takeout), and then meet Luna at the CAS Archives, so that when she finishes her business, she'll have a meal waiting

The humble course of action is the best one in this case. He needs time to reflect on his own about everything he went through and reason why Luna is important and why he has not given her enough attention.

To try and smooth things out will sound like a bad thing for Luna. He must trust her on that matter, or else, she isn't to stay at his side.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 466: [x] Wait in his room for Luna to return.

Choice 467:
    While Shinji is waiting and dwelling on his thoughts, there is a knock on the door, with the boy going to answer it, only to find Rachelle Lestrange before him.

"Matou," she greets, inclining her head. "Are you well?"

"...no," the boy replies, as he would not be able to hide how he feels anyway, as his skin begins to shift from human to reptilian and back. "I...I'm not, if I'm going to be honesssst."

"Vould you like to talk?" the French Champion inquired. "I am not ze best at vords, but I do not mind listening, if you vish. I am...not unaware of ze difficulties of suppressing ze influence of another."

What does Shinji do?

[ ] Accept Lestrange's Offer
    [ ] Perhaps she could find Sajyou-senpai instead?
    [ ] Decline the offer - he just wants to be alone
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 29th, 2019 at 10:01 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[X] Perhaps she could find Sajyou-senpai instead?

While her offer might be genuine and this might be actually Lestrange, Talking to Lestrange at this moment is not the best thing given Luna's major concern about his feelings about Rin AND Lestrange.

I would not be that surprised if this was a test done by Pandora or what not. Even if that is the not the case, I rather not have Luna walk back into seeing Shinji talking to Lestrange of all people about his issues. That would not go over well for her. Shinji might need to not stew alone but he has to have faith that she will come back, so wait he must. But Lestrange is the wrong person in this case.

Just get Ayaka. Someone that Shinji is not attracted to on any level.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 29th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    No matter what you choose, don't accept. She's the worst person to be found in company with at the moment.

I know she means well, but she could initiate a break up with Luna if the latter comes back and find Lestrange with him.

[x] Perhaps she could find Sajyou-senpai instead?

Ayaka on the other hand is better to deal with his condition, as well as deliver critical comments that would make him wise up. Her rationality would also keep him grounded and that would prevent him from lashing out since the dragon himself is scared of her.

Luna wouldn't either be offended to find senpai with him, since she knows Ayaka is trustworthy (and Shinji would never attempt to woo her).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Perhaps she could find Saiyou-senpai instead?