Page 3 of 299 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Hi, I'm new here, and it seems I have a perfect timing, as I finished previous parts yesterday, just in time for the first choice of Broken Chains.

And my vote goes to:
    [x] Give it freely, knowing the gift will curry a great deal of favor with both the Fujou family - and with Kaiduka and Hijiri

Avalon won't be very useful for Shinji, expect as possible bargaining chip. But even assuming that it succeed as that, Shinji can easily end up again in the way of Einzberns (or Zouken if we give it to him), and they will be stronger now.

Water will be always useful, but indecision may led to wasting too many opportunities, and personally I'm not of opinion that Shinji should ally himself with Zouken, because even if he is to regain his sanity he probably still be manipulative bastard just fighting for greater good now. And that wouldn't bode well for Shinji's forging of his own path, ignoring even possibility of him being seen as necessary sacrifice on a path to Utopia.

Giving water to Fujou's gives nice immediate advantages, and builds on already existing network of allies, allies that doesn't seem to be of the backstabbing type. And Shinji needs help now, not in unspecified future that he might not live to see.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    also was that a vote i missed to suggest shirou give it up?
    It was an indirect vote. Voting for going to funeral caused Shinji to advise Shirou to stick with his family by default, since he's doing the same right now.

Giving it freely obviously produces equivalent change in debt/obligation/favors to Shinji.The other option that I can see involves trading for Avalon and then delivering that catalyst to Zouken to stay his wrath - but then that gives Grandfather an incredibly powerful Servant who can cause lots of trouble for us later (of course, that's out-of-character). In-character, Shinji isn't aware of Zouken's wrath now, is he - though he may still consider whether he wants to use the Water of Life to help Zouken instead / repay his Grandfather for his support.

Now, to what extent would the water be able to cure Zouken? We know it can cure the most severe injuries and vampirism… Zouken's existence is vaguely vampiric, though he's not technically a Dead Apostle. But if it doesn't restore his sanity as well, he'll still be going after eternal life, perpetuating his evil.

But if Shinji's thinking about family obligations, as he advised Shirou, and he's forgoing the chance to help Zouken with the water, he should at least consider helping Zouken, or at least securing a bargaining chip (Avalon).

Arghh… this is hard...

Then again, the title of the story is "The Broken Chains." So rather than giving Zouken a super powered Servant, perhaps we should seek to complete our break with him in this year and fortify our relationship with our other allies in Japan - such as the Fujou family - and with Kaiduka and Hijiri

[x] Give it freely.

I'll reconsider if the water's curative effects on Zouken are clarified, but I still think it is worthwhile to save a life while we can.
    Last edited by Magus; December 24th, 2015 at 11:44 AM.
    Not Magus! Magic Emperor Magus!

I think that giving it freely would end up with Shinji leaving the Matous and going to live with Mahoutokoro. Theres a reason why it also offers housing. Im not saying its bad just something to think about.
    Also, can we give the Water to Zouken?? Shinji doesnt even know his wish for immortality.
    I cant choose in this one, there are to many pros and cons and im always going to be thinking 'what if i picked the other one'.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Shinji honestly doesn't need housing, he's got his own place.

Edit: Tally so far

Give: Nine
    Trade: Two
    Save: Four
    Total: Fifteen

Just for ease in wrapping up vote totals.
    Last edited by Caster; December 24th, 2015 at 01:46 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [ ] Trade it for whatever artifact saved Shirou's life after the Fuyuki fire

Teasing the Penguin God!

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Shinji honestly doesn't need housing, he's got his own place.
    Not in Japan. Its always good to be international when you are a wanted man.

I always felt that Avalon needing Saber, when Shirou was saved without her around, was a bit dodgy: Alf, can we try suggesting to Shirou/e that he sees what Avalon does for Kirie before we give him the Water of Life, seeing as it's going to be extracted?

I'm fairly sure Nasu said as much so I don't see Alf changing that.

[x] Give it freely.

Does shinji still have that favor that Sion offered?
    And can he enter Atlas without it?

So people is going full betray, damm shinji deverse a painful death for this.

Zouken is not going to live much either, he is gonna survive the atemp of death of the einzbern for at least 1 year, when then kirei is gonna become allies of the einzbern and is gonna kill zouken, and god know what is gonna happen with Sakura.

Spinning crazy scenarios that were already pointed out to be reaching doesn't make your argument more credible. I could use the same logic to say some crazy out there scenario where saving Kirie saves Christmas, doesn't make it likely to happen. Further, a year is still plenty of time to swing things.

Edit: Also Shinji won't die over this. If he dies later on it would at best be tangentially tied to it. And if death is really your concern you wouldn't vote for Zouken. At least be honest in your reasons.
    Last edited by Caster; December 24th, 2015 at 08:28 PM.

Spinning crazy scenarios that were already pointed out to be reaching doesn't make your argument more credible. I could use the same logic to say some crazy out there scenario where saving Kirie saves Christmas, doesn't make it likely to happen. Further, a year is still plenty of time to swing things.

• alfheimwanderer say than zouken only is gonna resist one year agaist the einzberns, also the kirei alliance with the einzbern is something than could happen in the future alfheimwanderer confirm that.

What i want is make shinji dream true, be acepted for the matou family, show how powerful he become and save zouken for his help.

The only thing than shinji do for the matous was put them is a war with a powerful enemy, only because shinji was so stupid because he not think in the consequences of his actions
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; December 24th, 2015 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    So people is going full betray, damm shinji deverse a painful death for this.

Zouken is not going to live much either, he is gonna survive the atemp of death of the einzbern for at least 1 year, when then kirei is gonna become allies of the einzbern and is gonna kill zouken, and god know what is gonna happen with Sakura.
    I, for one, do not wish to betray our dear Grandfather.

What I would personally like to see for Shinji is restoring Grandpa to his wishing-to-end-human-suffering-through-ascending-to-a-higher-state-of-existence prime while still liking us, developing our good relationship with Sion further and finding out about the origins of witches (which Luna and Zelkova fit into). The Grail War comes in next, along with saving our sister, the Stonecutters and Harry remaining alive and our friends (and Harry not turning into the Dark Lord Potter) and our relationships with Rin, Illya, Shirou/e, Touko and our acquaintances in Mahotokoro. I have been worried ever since Alf posted about Zouken not being pleased with us that we would have to choose between him and Sion...

Alf, before he found out about Ilya's disappearance, what was our Zouken score? I also meant to ask about Hermione too.

It still doesn't make him more likely to live than saving the drop of water that brings the dead to life. Further the things Zouken has to offer honestly aren't that impressive. And a year is still longer than Kyrie has.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremela View Post
    Alf, before he found out about Ilya's disappearance, what was our Zouken score? I also meant to ask about Hermione too.
    Before finding out about Ilya's disappearance, Zouken was at 37.

Hermione, before things broke down, was at 90, tied with Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Before finding out about Ilya's disappearance, Zouken was at 37.
    Not too far a drop then, although I presume earning any Zouken points at all is hard...

Hermione, before things broke down, was at 90, tied with Luna.
    This seems ominous.

So Luna could snap like Hermione? That is fairly scary.

It still doesn't make him more likely to live than saving the drop of water that brings the dead to life. Further the things Zouken has to offer honestly aren't that impressive. And a year is still longer than Kyrie has.
    Are a lot better than get limited learn of the Fujoe secrets.
    Shinji is not going to win avalon.

So Luna could snap like Hermione? That is fairly scary.

I am ok with this
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; December 24th, 2015 at 09:03 PM.