Page 4 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Luna seems more stable than Hermione, esp since she has other people like Ginny, Pandora and the members of Team Snorkak. Although...

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] Give it freely. Not even because of future favours, but just because Shirou is our friend and needs a hand. Let him keep Avalon. Maybe he'll still get called into the Grail War and we can have another person who won't be aiming for our heads out there. Or at the very least, if we help save his dieing family members he probably won't screw us over to go to the Einzbern's side. But mostly to help out a friend in need.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    So Luna could snap like Hermione? That is fairly scary.
    Unless Shinji starts oh, utterly neglecting her at every opportunity, that's probably not going to happen. That aside, as Cremela points out, she does have other people she can talk to / work with - including her familiar, as opposed to Hermione, who was much more reliant on Shinji.

Quote Originally Posted by Cremela View Post
    Not too far a drop then, although I presume earning any Zouken points at all is hard...
    Not too far a drop for now. Depending on what happens, well, we'll see, eh?
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; December 24th, 2015 at 09:11 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I don't think we would neglect Luna that badly, and if we did it would be an unwise move.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm all for neglecting Luna if it means more Sion/Touko time. The worst thing that could happen for me in this story is having to choose between those two.

There is a big difference between spreading ourselves a bit more and what happened with Hermione though.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Unless Shinji starts oh, utterly neglecting her at every opportunity, that's probably not going to happen.
    Be careful with those words, Alf. Some of us might take that as a challenge to do such a thing. I won't but I sure that there are some that would. I am also sure that we will continue the trend of doing oh so well in some areas and making oh so very wrong choices in others.

May this year be less of a screw up like we had the third year. Shinji will not stay alive if we have another year like that one.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; December 24th, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

I still am failing to see any major screwups from last year outside from Hermione being bad. We managed to avoid a couple big issues too.

It might not be major screw up but the whole "read a book" decision was not our finest hour. You are right there wasn't much that went completely wrong that wasn't Hermione related. But saying that is like saying; other then the death of your husband, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

The majority of the book and the series up until now wasn't focused Hermione focused. I'm not saying it wasn't bad, but there were definite plus points. Hard to call it so bad that another year like it would end in Shinji's death.

I meant that the difficulty is raising every year, much how it did in the HP books. Only this time with the extra dangers that Nasaverse has. So our bad choices will become worst and worst as the danger level increases.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    It might not be major screw up but the whole "read a book" decision was not our finest hour. You are right there wasn't much that went completely wrong that wasn't Hermione related. But saying that is like saying; other then the death of your husband, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
    Whoa, Hermine's no Lincoln. Maybe one of the lesser presidents. Like one of those guys who died a month into office.

Ah. I don't agree with that either. Bad choices again, but they were mostly limited to social stuff. I think it's possible we could screw up in that area badly enough we get killed, but overall I don't think it's likely. Most of the magical and more tangible things in general I think we did well on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Ah. I don't agree with that either. Bad choices again, but they were mostly limited to social stuff. I think it's possible we could screw up in that area badly enough we get killed, but overall I don't think it's likely. Most of the magical and more tangible things in general I think we did well on.
    Because alf was in easy route in that time, alf say than we are not longer in easy route, we really make a lot of shitty choices but alf have marcey for us.

Also after re-reading the chapter make feel sick how shinji talk all that shit about the family when he literaly betray his family.

[X] Trade for artifact

Let's give zouken avalon to deal with the einzbern or for himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

In the last thread it was mentioned that Alf described 2 routes depending on if we go to the funeral or not. Can someone describe them a little?

We already went over the definition of the word, Shinji didn't betray anyone. And the two routes are the Matou and Fujou route. Technically there is a third Ravenclaw route but that one doesn't seem terribly likely. The Fujou route gives Shinji access to better overall teachers, a wider range of subjects, a possible place of asylum, and in general a lot of bonuses with a powerful faction. Hijiri in particular is mentioned as being a very good teacher and effectively the only other person with a kodama familiar, making her very important as a teacher on Eastern things.

Matou route would be more narrow. Restores Zouken, but he's only skilled at Matou magecraft, which translates into bonuses on learning things tied to that. Beyond that Alf didn't go into too much detail, but I got the impression that while Zouken might be grateful his interests might not lie with what Shinji is doing any more than current Zouken, aka not as grateful.

Overall each side has benefits, but the Fujou route has more immediate benefits and benefits that are more in line with how we have built Shinji. If we went Matou route it would result in a much more narrow Shinji.

i just going to say what alf say.

shinji will reap what he has sown.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    i just going to say what alf say.

shinji will reap what he has sown.
    Just putting it out there that I say that most years. This would hardly be the first time.

You can say that, but I am fairly sure Alf has not made any absolute statements that Shinji is going to die a horrible death exclusively based off of the result of this vote. You are welcome to vote for Zouken but you are not being very good in your argument for him. There are reasons to vote for him, as I outlined, but they are not as good as you are making it out to be.

Updated Tally
    Give: Eleven
    Trade: Four
    Save: Four
    Total: Nineteen
    Last edited by Caster; December 25th, 2015 at 01:37 AM.