Page 51 of 299 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    [ ] No conditions - Fleur should cut loose with everything she has
    [ ] Agrees, and summons Luna to the kitchens for a Stone Cutter dinner
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    [X] Wands only, no physical attacks

Let's go with traditional wizarding (and especially European) dueling method. It's what is the most expected, I think, and doesn't reveal any 'extra' abilities either Shinji or Fleur may have.

[X] Agrees, and summons Luna to the kitchens for a Stone Cutter dinner

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    I'm going to have to apologize - things are still far more hectic around here than I thought they'd be. One of the minor issues with my post GDC recovery is it does put a crimp on what I can get done, so when things pile up...they pile up.
    Don't worry about it. While of course we'd like more updates, you don't owe us anything - certainly not this much of your time.

[X] No conditions - Fleur could probably use some catharsis

I'm inclined to say [X] Room of Requirement, but not the Room of Hidden Things - maybe Luna's garden room? Too many people know about the kitchens and Founder's Tower, and Luna isn't allowed at Durmstrang, but I don't want to just tell George about the Room of Hidden Things. If a different aspect of the Room of Requirement isn't an option, I'll change my vote to the kitchens.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apsalar View Post
    I'm inclined to say [X] Room of Requirement, but not the Room of Hidden Things - maybe Luna's garden room?
    You could specify a different configuration of the Room of Requirement, yes.

So where does is this connecting cabinet located on the Hogwarts side at the moment? Just wanted to know for sneaking purposes.

Also wouldn't George be allowed to go back and forth between the two schools as he is the other Hogwarts Champion along with Shinji. So why would the two of them have to hide their presence at Hogwart? As long as that cabinet between the two schools is the only one being used they should be fine. So this last choice is not making sense to me.

And does the duel with wandless abilities choice, would that choice include Fleur using her Veela fire attacks to release her anger? If it does that might be a good one for us to pick as that fight would be her throwing a lot of fire at Shinji, who would have his staff simply absorbing her fire. Which doesn't really show Shinji's hand too much to the others but lets Fleur release her anger without hurting anyone (I hope).
    Last edited by Skull Leader; March 29th, 2016 at 08:55 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    So where does is this connecting cabinet located on the Hogwarts side at the moment? Just wanted to know for sneaking purposes.
    Room off a corridor adjacent to the Great Hall. Shinji has a key, as do the other authorized users.

Also wouldn't George be allowed to go back and forth between the two schools as he is the other Hogwarts Champion along with Shinji. So why would the two of them have to hide their presence at Hogwart? As long as that cabinet between the two schools is the only one being used they should be fine. So this last choice is not making sense to me.
    The Tri-Wizard Champion doesn't actually have Vanishing Cabinet access rights - just the Potions Champion, the Champion's Second (who in this case is also the Youth Representative of Britain, and thus effectively government), and anyone else who actually has been cleared ahead of time (like Pansy, who is covering the Tournament as an embedded reporter for the Prophet).

So, unlike Shinji, who actually gets potions instruction from Slughorn and such, George isn't actually allowed to be going back and forth. He just snuck past the guards in spirit form, following Shinji through.

And does the duel with wandless abilities choice, would that choice include Fleur using her Veela fire attacks to release her anger? If it does that might be a good one for us to pick as that fight would be her throwing a lot of fire at Shinji, who would have his staff simply absorbing her fire. Which doesn't really show Shinji's hand too much to the others but lets Fleur release her anger without hurting anyone (I hope).
    It would include it, but it would hardly be the only thing she uses, especially if his staff just starts swallowing up her fire. After all, if necessary, she can, after all, stunlock Shinji with singing if she gets frustrated.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; March 29th, 2016 at 09:08 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    No conditions for the duel and Room of Requirement with the most popular choice if we go with a custom one.

[ ] No conditions - Fleur should cut loose with everything she has
    [ ] Declines, but says he will ask Luna if she wants to come to Durmstang for a meeting (This is not illigal rigth?)

Wasnt the Founders' Tower for Stone Cutters only?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saki View Post
    [ ] Declines, but says he will ask Luna if she wants to come to Durmstang for a meeting (This is not illigal rigth?)
    Of course it is. But then, she has invisibility as well - and a fairly potent form of it.

Wasnt the Founders' Tower for Stone Cutters only?
    Indeed. He still doesn't want to just linger in it too long, or people might wonder why he's just staying there, if he's seen. And Harry isn't quite as much in the loop as Shinji is in this case, so George is being a mite more...selective about what he reveals.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; March 29th, 2016 at 01:10 PM.

[X] No conditions - Fleur should cut loose with everything she has

Bond with the group sound like a nice choice, Who now if the Stone Cutter are gonna be a thing in the end of the book, so I think than is a good idea enjoy this now we can.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; March 29th, 2016 at 07:21 PM.

Out of curiosity, what would Fred have bought if we'd sent him shopping back in Mahoutokoro?

[X] Physical Blows only, no magic allowed

I have to vote against the trend here on the conditions of the fight. The way I see it, any vote for having no restrictions on the fight would led Shinji to showcase the majority of his skills to the other potion ​champions. As stated in the choice, the two Rachels will be watching this fight as they will fight her after Shinji. Best to hide our skills to the others and not let them see them. And we can not hold back, as Fleur will likely be very angry if Shinji tries fighting her with no limits but does not fight her with the skills she saw him use in the Troll fight.

So if no holds bar fight is a bad fight, I have to fall back to the essence of why Fleur wants to fight. Veela powers are far more emotions based and after she has been insulted she needs to vent her anger or she is going to go off on someone she shouldn't later and will get into serious trouble. So a physical only grunge match should let her vent her anger without showcasing their true skills to the others.

As for a physical fight only, while not likely Fleur preferred choice for a fight, she will likely be a handful because her inhuman nature will likely make her faster and stronger then the average human plus with her schooling and social case she is likely an experience fencer (I see her as an Epee weilder) so it will likely be a hard fight.

But we are not here to win this duel but to allow Fleur to vent without revealing our cards to the others.

And as a last note, George is not an idiot. If we vote anything that involves the RoR in any form, he will become very interested on a room that wasn't on the Marauder Map. And with his invisibility ability he will investigate about the room later and he will find out about its secrets with the possible risk of finding the connection point to Shinji's mansion and beyond. If we want to keep this all a secret still we need to not show him that the room might exist. Or just tell him about it upfront, but at this point we run the risk of hurt feelings that we did not trust the stonecutters on this secret when they find out. Similar to the warning that Sion gave at the end of the last book on why Shinji and her can not inform them of her survival.

I am warning you people, do not show off the RoR to George if you want this to remain a secret.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; March 29th, 2016 at 09:03 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Out of curiosity, what would Fred have bought if we'd sent him shopping back in Mahoutokoro?
    A tome on tapping into elemental magic.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since I'm tired, I'll make this short: 47 - C, 48 - B. Safest options, I think.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

A tome on tapping into elemental magic.
    That seems less useful overall than George's ring, but maybe he would've paid a lesser price for it. George seems to have paid with his playfulness and excitability, and might be trading away his humanity to use the ring; I think he's probably not that far off from unlocking fusion.

Skull Leader: you make a good point about the duel. I'd only been thinking about not restricting Fleur, and thought we wouldn't be going all-out. If no restrictions on the rules means Shinji holds nothing back, then I'll change my vote to either [X] Physical blows only or [X] Wands only, whichever Fleur would prefer. Neither one gives away any of our tricks.

Re: RoR, eating in the kitchens and bringing Luna to Durmstrang are just as bad; both are equally illegal, and more likely to involve people we don't trust. That leaves bringing back a picnic basket, but I don't think that'll win. For those people voting for the kitchens, you do remember that there will be dozens/hundreds of house elves to report George's presence, right?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You could use the Tower, if you want. There's just a risk of encountering Harry, and Shinji would rather not let his friend know about this since British Youth Rep to Wizengamot (conflict of interest)

Wait, is George using The One Ring!!??
    Is he going to start whispering "m precious"?
    Are we going to see the showdown between Voldemort and Sauron?

You could use the Tower, if you want. There's just a risk of encountering Harry, and Shinji would rather not let his friend know about this since British Youth Rep to Wizengamot (conflict of interest)
    Okay, yes. My point is that every option we have except picnic basket is illegal, with the risk of getting caught, so there's no way to know if we're picking an option that says "Hey alf, why don't you have us arrested/expelled? That'll be a good start to the school year."

Quote Originally Posted by saki View Post
    Wait, is George using The One Ring!!??
    Is he going to start whispering "m precious"?
    Are we going to see the showdown between Voldemort and Sauron?
    No, the One Ring doesn't let you walk through walls.

[x] Physical Blows only, no magic allowed

[x] Agrees, and summons Luna to the kitchens for a Stone Cutter dinner

I agree with Skull Leader's reasoning. As for the kitchens, with everyone's combined sensing abilities I think they would be hard pressed to be surprised by others, so George would have time to put on his ring and possibly toss up some other forms of concealment. As for the elves, would they even bring such things up with the faculty, given the Stone Cutters seem like some of the few humans to show them respect?

For those people voting for the kitchens, you do remember that there will be dozens/hundreds of house elves to report George's presence, right?
    Oh I remember the hundreds of house elves that would be there but still your point remains true. There is a risk of the house elves reporting. However, House Elves are the most ignored creatures by wizards. Very few wizards talk to them. So the risk is small (hopefully). They report to acting Headmaster at the moment but consider that McGonagall is far more old school than Flitwick would be if he was there, she is likely to not have much interaction with them for her to find out that a one student that should not be at Hogwarts visited the kitchens once.

Unless the House Elves have standing orders due to increase securtiy due to the increase parinoid levels caused by this summer's event, which might be an issue.

But the options here boil down for me
    1. Kitchens - Elves inform someone risk
    2. RoR - Large Risk of George finding far more about the Room and its varies abilities included the illegal international travel points.
    3. Picinic - The lame safe option that will make no one happy between the Stonecutters. And no talk likely.
    4. Durmstring - No good place for the meeting plus a really really bad possibility of Durmstring going crazy when they find that Hogwarts students are coming to there "hidden" school illegally. If Luna can do it, then why not the Hogwarts students that were kicked out of Durmstring. Nothing good will come from this option. If Shinji is caught abusing this travel on the Durmstring side, he will likely get kicked out of Durmstring. Its bad when both of the Hogwarts Champions get kicked out of the school.