Page 5 of 299 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Oh damn this is an interesring first choice. Guns ablazing, no obscure dream votes or any such nonsense.

I say give it to Shiroe freely. I figure if he pulls Avalon out and learns proper magecraft then we'll either not get a Saber Artoria bein used against us, or at least have a notpranastarved Artoria and a friendly Fujou Master to ally with.

If (as I hope) extracting Avalon means Rin doesn't get Archer EMIYA and we already sealed or weakened Herkzerker, then potentially we'll be in a war where only Lancer and Caster and maybe Assassin are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, given what the UBW booklet revealed about the einzberns and how the family literally just packs up shop and shuts down when they lose Ilya, how are you going to make this new info jive, Alf? A year of angry pursuit until they realise Ilya is done and then they abandon ship or something?

I have to be honest, a Grail War without the Einzbers would be rad.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Oh yeah, given what the UBW booklet revealed about the einzberns and how the family literally just packs up shop and shuts down when they lose Ilya, how are you going to make this new info jive, Alf? A year of angry pursuit until they realise Ilya is done and then they abandon ship or something?
    Well, that was her loss in a war. They still have a few years before the war - and well, if they don't have their trump card of Ilya, they can damn well try to get rid of the other founding families to give their last shot the most oomph they can.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Just putting it out there that I say that most years. This would hardly be the first time.
    I hope he also reaps some good things, the guy is trying hard and being a respetable person.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saki View Post
    I hope he also reaps some good things, the guy is trying hard and being a respectable person.
    Of course. That is taken in the balance as well, and has he not gained allies, fame, and even a purpose in life? We shall see to what heights he climbs - and when and if he falls.

With regards to the Water of Life, and whether or not to give it to the Fujou family, Shinji will...

[x] Give it freely

Choice 2: I suppose it would be nice to see what everyone else is up to, eh? So in the week that will pass, which two viewpoints should we focus on? (choose 2)

[ ] Pansy
    [ ] Harry
    [ ] George
    [ ] Fred
    [ ] Rin

Happy Holidays, everyone, and thanks for reading! Today marks the one year anniversary of the Matou Shinji series. I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it, and I look forward to our time together in the next few books!
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; December 25th, 2015 at 04:45 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Hmm. All of these have options. I'm not sure honestly. Fred and George are tempting, but knowing what the rest are up to matters a lot too. Tempted by Rin and Pansy since they are less a focus point.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    [X] Pansy
    [X] Rin

This allows us a perspective Shinji won't be accessing anytime soon.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

[X] Harry

[X] Rin

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    [x] Rin
    [x] George

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    [×] Pansy
    [×] Rin

I feel that Pansy's experience would be best revealed by waiting until the beginning of the school year and having her meet with Shinji. She is going have such a profound character change that I feel that it would be best to have it revealed her summer experience slowly by way of interaction then by a portion of story from her POV. But the small problem with this might be Shinji will have little time to interact with Pansy in the coming year.

[X] Rin
    We haven't heard from her since she sent the letter to us.
    [X] Harry
    I really want to know what is going on inside Harry's head right now after the end of the last year and what harry thinks is the state of friendship between Harry and Shinji.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; December 25th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

I like EF's reasoning here and am very inclined to support it. While it's true that the flavor for waiting for Pansy might be nice, information is something we might greatly benefit from.

[x] - Rin
    [x] - Pansy

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] Rin
    [x] Pansy

two very different viewpoints from what we're doing and where we are.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Whoa, Hermine's no Lincoln. Maybe one of the lesser presidents. Like one of those guys who died a month into office.
    That screwup also cost us our apprenticeship with Touko. We lost 10 Touko points:
    Cost 10 points
    Leaving us at 60
    Mentor Reputation (out of 100):
    Touko: 60
    instead of 70, which is over the 65 mark.
    65 is the beginning of good friend or if mentor, candidate for more than general teaching.

[ ] Pansy (Lets see what Lockhart is putting in her head)
    [ ] Sakura (Since it seems like we are going to burn a few bridges lets fix the relationship with sakura alredy. At least let them talk it out)

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    [x] Rin
    [x] Harry

The twins are boring and of no interest to me.

Question: if we don't see an interlude with someone, do the things that you were going to write for them happen anyway in the background? Or is it that something only happens if we pick them?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    [Kotomine]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Question: if we don't see an interlude with someone, do the things that you were going to write for them happen anyway in the background? Or is it that something only happens if we pick them?
    I would assume they still go on in the background, because depending on how long we didn't see anything of them something may have happened even just something minor.

Might be interesting to consider that there could diminishing returns, if the same character gets voted twice in short succession as there wasn't much time for anything new to happen. Although I guess Alf would try to avoid this and not put up such characters for voting, but a write-in may cause that to actually take effect except those tend to generally be different choices than what Alf usually offers. So it should be alright.

My choices are going to be Rin and Pansy.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    [Kotomine]
    Wow how could I forget.

Alf pls
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Not too enthused about Pansy.

[x] Rin
    [x] Harry

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    [X] Harry - I am interested as well how Shinji's first friend is doing.
    [X] Fred - I will just throw my vote behind one of the Twins randomly.