Page 85 of 299 FirstFirst ... 35758083848586879095135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Nanao-kun, I think one of us doesn't know how to count, because my count disagrees with yours. I don't know which of us is wrong, though. I count:

3 Necromancy
    4 Pansy
    1 Lockhart
    5 Mahoutokoro
    5 Limits (one of which was added after your count)

Considering that we've brought up security as a possible issue with having George frequently travel between Hogwarts and Durmstrang, wouldn't that also become an even bigger issue if he ends up travelling between Durmstrang and Mahoutokoro? To make matters worse, we'd then be forced to implicitly introduce him to the portal between Hogwarts and our own residence which we already voted against earlier in the year.

Just a thought, but does George even need to know about the cabinets to get to Mahoutokoro? That is, of course, the easiest way but if George has been accepted by the Great Cherry Tree (which he should have if he has been there for the last summer), then the Maiden would have the ability to open a portal connection from George's private room to Mahoutokoro. That option would be far less likely to get everyone caught (last thing we want is George to get caught while Shinji is smuggling info on his persons) as long as there was a set time for George to be in his room and not somewhere else in the school.

Granted, its unlikely that this option would ever be offer and if it was, I am sure it would have one hell of a steep price as this would be an option that would make Japan directly against the sovereignty of Norway and Britain. But it was a small thought I had.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 1st, 2016 at 03:22 PM.

[x] Rachelle Sondrol
    [x] Suggests that George seek out Pansy and duel with her, given his fellow apprentice's unorthodox style
    [x] Just says that George needs to learn the limits of his power, given that it isn't the abilities one has that matters most - but how one uses them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apsalar View Post
    Nanao-kun, I think one of us doesn't know how to count, because my count disagrees with yours. I don't know which of us is wrong, though. I count:

3 Necromancy
    4 Pansy
    1 Lockhart
    5 Mahoutokoro
    5 Limits (one of which was added after your count)
    Oh, I missed Malgos somehow. Also my vote does not count to either Necromancy or Mahoutokoro, it counts as only Necromancy + Mahoutokoro as it's a set.
    Last edited by Nanao-kun; September 1st, 2016 at 09:57 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    Considering that we've brought up security as a possible issue with having George frequently travel between Hogwarts and Durmstrang, wouldn't that also become an even bigger issue if he ends up travelling between Durmstrang and Mahoutokoro? To make matters worse, we'd then be forced to implicitly introduce him to the portal between Hogwarts and our own residence which we already voted against earlier in the year.
    Not an issue for me as I wanted to tell him about the gateway back then too. George is trustworthy enough and I'm sick of secret keeping so as long as it isn't plain dumb I don't see anything wrong with trusting him or anyone else that's been with Shinji for a while now.

Edit: Anyways what I wanted to say is: I'm not contradicting myself and I imagine some other people also didn't vote for that. Also one could see this as a second chance to place trust in allies and what not. Just cause it passed then doesn't mean it has to now. Hope this makes it a bit clearer as I felt my original post was a bit lacking when it came to an explanation, because I had a knee-jerk reaction to the red text. Sorry about that and hope this gets my point across a little bit better.
    Last edited by Malgos; September 1st, 2016 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Not an issue for me as I wanted to tell him about the gateway back then too. George is trustworthy enough and I'm sick of secret keeping so as long as it isn't plain dumb I don't see anything wrong with trusting him or anyone else that's been with Shinji for a while now.
    A completely understandable position to have.

I for one, kinda wish that there was a way to inform George of Shinji's secrets but still tell him to please do not use the cabinet to go to Japan. George needs to be informed of Shinji's operations so that he will not accidentally expose them by following Shinji to Hogwarts. If he gets caught following Harry, the fall out would be lessen because no one would question Harry's loyalty. It is only a case of George going back and forth to Hogwarts illegally which there would be punishments but far lower then if the cabinets are discovered or if they find contraband/secrets on Shinji when they search the two harder.

At this point we are adding risk on top of more risk and combine by the unpopularty of Shinji's actions, we need to make changes. Shinji really needs to start acting like a undercover agent and actually stop making anti-British actions in front of everyone. Maybe Shinji can talk to Harry in their upcoming talk and Shinji can ask Harry if there is anything he can do to help Harry and the British cause. If Shinji can at least act like he is loyal to the British then the heat on him will be lowered.

Maybe Shinji needs to, by way of Pansy, come out and address the homefront why he did not accept their Citizenship. If he tells them that he is honored to be asked to join Britain but tells them that he feels that the honor should be only given to foreigners that have proven their worth and have something to offer the great nation should be given Citizenship. He can give a cock and ball story on how he does not feel that he has proven himself to the British people yet, even if he has done great deeds because they were not solely his deeds but the Stonecutter's. He can inform the people that he sees the Potion Championship as his chance to prove himself to the people of Britain. Once he brings Britain the glory by winning the upcoming Championship, he will be more then glad to accept Citizenship if the people still find him worthy of the great honor.

That should help reduce the public outcry against Shinji. And the best part is that Shinji is almost sure that in no way can he win the PC due to the abilities of his rivals. So it will not look so bad if he simplely can not become a citizen at the end of the year because he lost.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 1st, 2016 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Edit: Anyways what I wanted to say is: I'm not contradicting myself and I imagine some other people also didn't vote for that. Also one could see this as a second chance to place trust in allies and what not. Just cause it passed then doesn't mean it has to now. Hope this makes it a bit clearer as I felt my original post was a bit lacking when it came to an explanation, because I had a knee-jerk reaction to the red text. Sorry about that and hope this gets my point across a little bit better.
    All good. That's what I get for using Umineko Red Text as a mechanic in writing responses, I suppose.

I understand that you want to put more trust in our allies, and I can see that it's definitely a valid point and looking into in the future, though I will stand by my vote to not bring George into the fold of people that can use doors to other countries. The security risk just seems a bit too much considering he's already one by virtue of the fact that he's (very illegally) moving between Hogwarts and Durmstrang.

Skull also brings up a good point, but we'll have to see what choices we get in the future and act accordingly. After all, we can't foresee how such choices will measure up against their contemporaries. We might end up having to drop Brit rep again in favor of a more desirable result.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Skull also brings up a good point, but we'll have to see what choices we get in the future and act accordingly. After all, we can't foresee how such choices will measure up against their contemporaries. We might end up having to drop Brit rep again in favor of a more desirable result.
    Indeed, you may have to do that. And of course, if Shinji changes his tune too quickly and does a 180 to seem pro-British, that could be taken suspiciously as well. After all, our protagonist has always been an outsider - and greatly cherishes his status as such!

It seems we've had a wave of Fleur Delacour votes, so we will be spending much of the cultural exchange time with the lovely part-Veela from Beauxbatons, while the Rachelles pair off to discuss various things.

As for our other vote, the current tally is as follows, but is not yet binding:

[3] Necromancy
    [5] Pansy
    [1] Lockhart
    [5] Mahoutokoro
    [6] Limits
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 2nd, 2016 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Indeed, you may have to do that. And of course, if Shinji changes his tune too quickly and does a 180 to seem pro-British, that could be taken suspiciously as well. After all, our protagonist has always been an outsider - and greatly cherishes his status as such!
    That is an excellent point. Perhaps it's better for us on the short term for us to just focus on causing less trouble and not exactly be pro-British. Theoretically, we'd be able to let things taper off like that.

However, let's be realistic... we're probably not going to be able to keep that up for very long, considering our own choice-patterns since the first book. XD

And oooh, another tie. May we live in interesting times!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And oooh, another tie. May we live in interesting times!
    I haven't called the vote yet, due to it all being so close.

And no, it would probably be a bad thing to bring someone from Japan over to Hogwarts, given the suspicions in Britain.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 2nd, 2016 at 08:32 AM.

I haven't called the vote yet, due to it all being so close.
    And here I was trying to bait people into ending the tie with my comment. Ah well.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Regardless, Shinji does live in interesting times. Just look at his popularity with the British people and all his tangled allegiances!

My last vote go for:
    PANSY

Regardless, Shinji does live in interesting times. Just look at his popularity with the British people and all his tangled allegiances!
    Indeed, indeed. The boy doesn't know how to say no. At all.

Indeed, indeed. The boy doesn't know how to say no. At all.
    He knows how to say no...otherwise he would have given a far different answer to his grandfather when he was ordered to seduce Rin. And then there is that part when he told Rin no when she offered him her body.

Hmm, maybe he only knows how to say no when it involves Rin.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    He knows how to say no...otherwise he would have given a far different answer to his grandfather when he was ordered to seduce Rin. And then there is that part when he told Rin no when she offered him her body.

Hmm, maybe he only knows how to say no when it involves Rin.
    He also said no to chasing Hermione, and let Tomas handle it instead, if you recall. Just like he said "no" to British citizenship!

Should anyone be interested in discussing things, I'm on #fatehg.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 2nd, 2016 at 11:13 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 94: [x] Suggests that George seek out Pansy and duel with her, given his fellow apprentice's unorthodox style; [x] Just says that George needs to learn the limits of his power, given that it isn't the abilities one has that matters most - but how one uses them

Choice 95: To keep up morale for the army and the students of Hogwarts, as well as for recruitment purposes, the Ministry has commissioned a play from the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts, inspired by the official accounts of the Stone Cutters' clash with - and defeat of - a Dark Wizard deep below Hogwarts, with a closing soliloquy by the Boy-Who-Lived reminding those in the audience that they, too, have in standing together with him, they too, can be heroes and inviting them to join him in the struggle against the Darkness - a struggle that they will surely win as long as they are united.

The play's premiere will of course be at Hogwarts, in honor of those whose adventure it depicts, with the attendance of the Stone Cutters - in particular the two Champions, as well as Miss Greengrass - requested by the Minister and the Head of the Department of War.

Shinji, of course...(choose one)

[ ] Attends the play
    [ ] Skips the play itself, but attends the post-play press conference / mixer with the cast and crew
    [ ] Asks Tomas to come in his place (disguised) so he can focus on preparing for the Potions Competition
    [ ] Skips the event altogether - he doesn't want to see a propoganda piece that cheapens what they went through
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 2nd, 2016 at 04:59 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Going to go with attending in person just, because I want to see his reaction to this. Although he'll probably get pissed off at their rendition of Sion and the whole thing. My guess is that there will also be some sort of hero worship for Harry thrown in as well to elevate his status further and to moralize the troops.
    Last edited by Malgos; September 2nd, 2016 at 05:10 PM.

We were just talking about needing to appear positive to the British, so I'm voting to [X] attend in person, unless another (more interesting) option presents itself.