Page 272 of 299 FirstFirst ... 172222262267270271272273274277282 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Talk with the CAS Reps about buying that house elf - and looking up any recipes he may have access to
    Spend time with Luna - who no doubt is worried, when all is said and done
    Speak with some of the guests - like Kaiduka and Yamato.
    Last edited by Malgos; January 20th, 2019 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post

And of course, there was Matou Shinji and Ramona Ahgeak, who against all odds, created the exact same potion – the Potion of All Potential, which when taken by the unfortunate House Elf, restored its magical abilities and more besides.

This, as well, caused quite an uproar, for something that realized the highest potential of an individual was something everyone would want.

A potion worthy of legend.

And so it was that Matou Shinji found himself on the winner’s podium, standing just a step down and to the right from Sajyou Ayaka, with Ramona Ahgeak next to him, and Rachelle Lestrange to the Japanese Champion’s left, as the strains of the Japanese National Anthem, the oldest of any in the world today – and one of the shortest – began to play.
    Just to clarify, what are the rankings here? Also, does this mean Ramona copied Shinji's recipe or did they actually manage to create the exact same potion?
    Last edited by darkfan; January 20th, 2019 at 05:25 AM.

Ramona had Binge's Book. Of course, she brewed the "best" potion. It was the most potent recipe the guy knew, so.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand there is no reaction to Lestrange's potion, the third place. Curious, that.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1st: Sajyou Ayaka - Tonic of Curse Rejection
    2nd: Matou Shinji and Ramona Ahgeak - Potion of All Potential
    3rd: Rachelle Lestrange - Elixir of Nullification

Shinji and Ramona had access to the same ingredients, with Ramona also having access to the knowledge from Zygmunt Budge's Book of Potions.

Lost: 1 vial - Felix Felicis
    Gained: Reusable Portkey (Egypt), Silver Cauldron (with Phoenix Flame burner), Robes of the Master Alchemist, 2 doses - Potion of all Potential
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 24th, 2019 at 02:00 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] Debrief with Elesa

Guys, im not sure if you remember, but Elesa promised to debrief Shinji on the topic of possibilities collapsing into singularity. That's more important than everything else, immediate issues with mental health included. (Also, considering that our previous action of resting with Luna rewarded us with zero progress on unraveling mental breakdown after the Jinn catastrophe... Not urgent.)

[x] Talk with the CAS Reps about buying that house elf - and looking up any recipes he may have access to.

Long term consequences of our participation, repayment to Touko, Restoration recipe, possible deal with CAS to make a better use of our Potion focus (availability of rare ingredients and priority purchases of FF, most likely) - pretty important stuff.

This two are must-have, everything else is not as important. The equipment was discussed many times, so it goes without saying. (The Belt of Resolve leaves me with mixed feelings: its much worse than a general boost for everything than the previous one - yet it gives us additional training actions. My inner munchkin is so confused right now.)
    Last edited by Malorius; January 20th, 2019 at 04:44 PM.

Change my writte-in for:

[ ] Speak with some of the guests - like Kaiduka and Yamato

Would be a good idea talk with them before go to britain, also see if they can give Shinji a special offer.

Se need access to mahoutokoro to finish the Potion of fading.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Speak with some of the guests-like Kaiduka and Yamato.
    [x]Talk with the CAS Reps about buying that house elf-and looking up any recipes he may have access to.
    [x]Spend time with Luna-who no doubt is worried, when all is said and done.

[x]Talk with the CAS Reps about buying that house elf-and looking up any recipes he may have access to.
    [x]Debrief with Elesa

Blog Entries
    As I said, Elesa will obviously give us a mandatory debrief about what to disclose and what not to, probably in the form of another self-geis scroll to sign anyway.

What you will get from a meeting with her is more likely an in-depth rundown of what happened - stuff that Shinji has forgotten himself - on top of the aforementioned mandatory keep your mouth shut contract.

Edit: Confirmed by Alf. I wouldn't feel pressed to absolutely pick Elesa here if that's your worry.

Well, if you want your new Senpai to pat your head for the good job you did, that's another story x).
    Last edited by Daiki; January 20th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

Well, that... Cheapens the choice. So, if we remove the pressure here, the only one really time-reliant is the CAS one. Ok.

[x] Speak with some of the guests - like Kaiduka and Yamato

Zelkova is in a bad shape constantly nowadays. We should ask the experts about improving familiar's stamina or something. (Obviously, avoiding danger and injury is not an option.)

Maybe she will provide us some SAN points to recover, but after last time I won't hold my breath.

Blog Entries
    Alf also mentioned that going to her yourself, earns you some rewards (since she doesn't have to look for you).

So, it's not meaningless.

2 new items.

There comes a point where one has to ask himself: "Where is it too meta for me?" I guess, talking with people in search of "unexpected" (like, truly unexpected, Elesa has been pretty generous with us already) rewards is a bit too far for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Another interaction with abusive Sempai tho. Shinji is still young, he has so little time left to be properly bullied!

Choices, choices...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 450:
    [8] Talk with the CAS Reps about buying that house elf - and looking up any recipes he may have access to
    [6] Spend time with Luna - who no doubt is worried, when all is said and done
    [4] Speak with some of the guests - like Kaiduka and Yamato

Choice 451:
    [x] Saint Quartz Ring - Give to Sion.
    [x] Scarab of Protection - For Rin.
    [x] Circlet of Mindsight - For Luna.
    [x] Illuminati Outfit - Keep it for yourself.
    [x] Cord of Stubborn Resolve - Keep it for yourself.

After the excitement of the great brewoff and the unexpected honor of actually placing in the Championship (he didn't exactly expect to win, given that Senpai was as beyond him as he was beyond the average British wizard), Matou Shinji found himself wandering about the afterparty for Champions, CAS Staff, and personal guests in a daze.

After sinking nearly two years of his life, and ludicrous amount of time and effort into preparing for this event, it was finally over - something his mind was having difficulty processing. Part of him kept thinking that this was just a dream, that on the morrow, he'd wake up and it would be time to head off to the Potions Championship, or that he was still out in the jungle, and was merely having a very pleasant delusion.

...or perhaps that he was still stuck in the Trial of Courage, which he knew wasn't likely, though it was something he couldn't quite shake, given how real those illusions had been.

'No matter. What's done is done.'

And now, all that was left was for him to enjoy himself.

He shook some hands - plenty of hands - accepted a colorful looking drink with a pink umbrella from a pretty redhead who he didn't quite recognize, toasted to the health and success of a number of his fellow Champions, and generally tried to let how well he'd done sink in.

...something which was easier said than done, really.

"Congratulations!" one well-wisher toasted him.

"Congratulations!" another said.

"Congratulations!" was the voice of yet a third, with everyone's words blending into one another in the heat and hazy present.

The words kept coming, and so too the drinks, as Matou Shinji toasted, drank, made merry and--

"Oh, sorry," the boy said, after running into the chest of the Russian judge, a dour man who scowled down at him. "No, really. To your health!"

Sadly, given his state of inebriation, his attempt to raise his glass ended up splashing the contents in the now livid judge's face.

"Ah, please excuse the British Champion," an unexpected voice cut in, as someone took him by the arm. It was...Elesa? "I'm afraid that for all of his accomplishments, the youngest of our cohort isn't exactly used to drinking." She snapped her fingers, conjuring up something like a towel, which the man accepted, before leading the boy away. "As for you, Matou, drink this."

Into his hands, she pressed something like a...a...

"A coconut?" the boy slurred. "But...but I don't really like..."

"Oh shut up and drink it before you make a fool of yourself," the blonde whispered into his ear, with the boy swallowing. "Well, more of a fool of yourself."

Stung by the American's harsh words, the boy did as she bid...and after a few seconds, his sense of inebriation and the sheer exuberance which accompanied it, drained away entirely.

"What is...?" he asked, looking at the coconut thing in his hand with new eyes, only for Elesa to take it back. "What...what did I just do?"

"Fiesta guy isn't the only one who can counteract drunkenness," the blonde replied matter of factly. She shook her head, pressing the cherry-red drink she held into his hand instead. "Anyway, stick to drinking these. Ask the bartender for the Labelle Special, if you need."

"The Labelle...?"

"Ginger ale and a splash of grenadine, garnished with a maraschino cherry," she stated with a wry smile. "Otherwise known as a Shirley Temple, back in America."

"...that doesn't sound very...alcoholic," he stated.

"That's because its not," Elesa replied. "Its a little obvious you're not used to alcohol, and frankly, we can't have you making a fool of yourself, hm?"

"Point," Shinji admitted. But then his eyes narrowed. "But if you have this, and its the Labelle special...is this what you usually drink?"

"Maybe."

"But...why?" Surely the beautiful, glamorous American model had no such problems with alcohol...

"Well, you know how it goes when you're a model, needing to watch your diet. Too much alcohol will ruin my figure, and then what would I do for a living?" the blonde related cheekily. Shinji was about to retort, but the blonde waved him off, or rather, bade him turn around, with Shinji coming to face to face with...

"...Luna."

And for the rest of the evening he didn't notice anyone else. Just the girl with the name of the moon, warm and gentle in his arms.

Choice 452: The next day, Shinji made it his top priority to drop by the CAS compound, given that he had some...business to settle with Aozaki Touko, and one should never let one self remain in debt to a master puppeteer for longer than necessary. Fortunately, she was in - apparently not hungover from the night before - and took the case containing the Echo's mystic eyes with good humor.

"I would like to just take this and call it even, especially because you cost me some money by getting on that podium," the redhead groused. "But...our mutual acquaintance would be somewhat displeased if I did, so...what do you want?"

Choose two

[ ] Enchanted underarmor to replace what was lost
    [ ] A puppet body, just in case he happens to...misplace his
    [ ] A custom puppet modeled after Tohsaka, with the same functionality as her old Aoko puppet
    [ ] Royalty-free access to a technique she's patented (may be chosen twice)
    [ ] Improvements to his Mystic Eyes (i.e. add Whisper, Charm, Binding or Gandr Shot)
    [ ] An open-ended favor
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 20th, 2019 at 10:46 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

It's amazing how calm, controlled and well-spoken Shinji was in Year One - and how much of a bumbling awkward teenager he is nowadays in contrast. Truly, puberty is the most dangerous enemy in this quest.

- - - Updated - - -

[ ] Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented

Can we get a couple of examples, please?

[jk] "Reroll my build for a properly minmaxed one, Sensei!"
    Last edited by Malorius; January 20th, 2019 at 07:57 PM.

[X] Enchanted underarmour to replace what was lost
    [X] Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented

I understand this armor is not going to wow people, but its very important part of his equipment in that it enhances him. We can acquire outer layers either by Lockhart or by the Goblins next year. But Touko is one of the best we know for enhancing the wearer. The first suit served us well. We just fought things beyond its capability once the other layer was destroyed. And like what I been drumming on for a while now, Shinji needs speed enhancements so that he can use his Atlas Thought Acceleration when we fully unlock it next year. Cause that is my Priority One enhancement given he has the Fairy Eyes.

The Royaliy-free access is also super important, in that it lets both Shinji and Rin gain access to Touko special stuff without having to spend large fortunes. It will enhance them both in the long run.

Puppet and favor are nice, but the puppet is more a one time get out of Jail card. I rather Shinji protect his body as is before we play the puppet body route.

Edit: The whole point of picking the armor is that we get a based outfit custom for Shinji. One that we can chose what we want on it. From the person that really good at enhancements. For example we get Speed and Strength option we are likely to be able to handle Plate mail over it, when we get the option from the Goblins. Regardless what we pick for the outfit, We can then give the Illum. outfit to someone else, like Rin. Having two people with underarmor is never a bad thing.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 20th, 2019 at 10:28 PM.

SL, Illuminati armor can serve us in that manner for the time being. Unless it's that much worse than Touko's work?.. I mean, obviously, her knowledge and skill with Runes is second to none, but how big is the difference in effects?

Blog Entries
    [x] Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented x2

Touko Travel will be fun.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 21st, 2019 at 03:03 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    [ ] Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented

Can we get a couple of examples, please?
    Her most famous patent is travel that involves planting a magical anchor at a destination, with the magus pulling themselves towards it as if drawn by a retracting elastic band (aka "Touko Travel"). While the most common use of this is for the Tower's latest generation of brooms (for autopilot) - and there its basically a black box implementation, it is something that a number are interested in for combat purposes, as it would allow them to slingshot themselves across a battlefield - or grab onto things and pull.

Less known is the technology that powers her Aoko puppet, an auto-incant perpetual motion engine, a cursed music box that turns curses into power, taking advantage of the fact that victims of curses will inevitably curse their assailant in return to give her puppet unending energy to pursue its target. This mechanism of this engine is quite elegant, in that as it functions, it also creates a cursed self-defense field around the entity it is installed in, debilitating hostiles who come into contact with it.

[ ] Royalty-free access to a technique she's patented (may be chosen twice)-TWICE.

Come one guys this Is a one time option.
    Se would never get a chance like this one again.

Se can Pau for a body AND a armor later.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 20th, 2019 at 10:13 PM.