Page 284 of 299 FirstFirst ... 184234274279282283284285286289294 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

  1. #5661
    異星蛸 Cysero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    221
    JP Friend Code
    150754413
    [X] Documents that will serve as OWL equivalent certifications
    [X] The technique by which he might adjust the armor

    The Director of Atlas won't care nor have a need for a license negotiated by us. If she wants to brew the PoAP all she needs and cares for is the recipe and ingredients, which her man Wakame has provided her with.

    Better to take this chance to really make use of the suit entrusted to us. Not pushing too much on changes they may not like also keeps us on the good side of a useful ally.

  2. #5662
    Change vote to [x]The technique by which he might adjust the armor

  3. #5663
    吸血鬼 Vampire Desann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    30
    Posts
    166
    [X] Documents that will serve as OWL equivalent certifications [X] The technique by which he might adjust the armor

  4. #5664
    Changed my vote

  5. #5665
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,225
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 474: [X] Documents that will serve as OWL equivalent certifications; [X] The technique by which he might adjust the armor




    Choice 475: Are there any actions he wishes to take once he is returned to Britain, before he is escorted to his meeting with the Minister? (Note that the Championship Portkey will bring him to his manor in London, which is where he originally departed from - there will be a squad of Aurors waiting outside at the perimeter of the property, and they have noted the comings and goings of a certain Tohsaka Rin and a Mashu.)

    You have time for one...maybe two of these.

    [ ] Change access parameters for the defenses (specify)
    [ ] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand
    [ ] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal
    [ ] Check on Tohsaka - it would be good to reassure her of his continued survival - he knows she worries
    [ ] Do one of the meditation exercises Sajyou-san taught him - they help to center him and let him remain calm
    [ ] Remind himself that peace is a lie, there is only passion...
    [ ] (write-in)

    Choice 476: And since, as Lockhart has said so many timesmatter, what will Shinji wear for his meeting with the Minister?

    [ ] Illuminati Outfit
    [ ] Robes of the Master Alchemist
    [ ] Standard Black Robes
    [ ] A formal kimono
    [ ] The outfit he wore to the British Museum gala[ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  6. #5666
    [x] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand

    I think that should be the priority right now. The second action maybe would be the meditation, but i will wait further discussion, same for choice 476.

  7. #5667
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    937
    [ ] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand
    [ ] Check on Tohsaka - it would be good to reassure her of his continued survival - he knows she worries
    [ ] Standard Black Robes

    Knowing how important those two are gonna be the next year, we better be secure than both know the current situation.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; February 11th, 2019 at 12:49 PM.

  8. #5668
    Shinji, please, stop. Your promises of bloody vengeance don't impress anyone, and only reinforce your image of precocious Chuuni.

    [jk] Power! Unlimited power!

    [ ] Documents that will serve as OWL equivalent certifications
    [ ] The technique by which he might adjust the armor

    Why not. Since we, apparently, cannot grant Atlas the ability to officially benefit from it, this works. Though the idea that Bunge has managed to substitute Thaumatagoria with something more suitable for mass production is... Odd. Unrealistic even. Most likely, the Americans aim to cultivate the plant from all the stuff we didn't collect.

    Well, realistically, our aim should be to ensure that all authorized Atlas personnel (and that includes Shinji, of course) going into a very high stakes conflict has a dose of PoAP for emergency. Anything more enters the realm of wishful thinking. To make it possible, we don't need to give anyone from Atlas the license, Shinji can claim the responsibility of crafting it all himself. Its not like we will need to face some kind of Truthmancy in regards of such a silly matter, right? ...Right?

    EDIT.

    Welp, that lagged a lot.

    [x ] Do one of the meditation exercises Sajyou-san taught him - they help to center him and let him remain calm

    Necessary to not fly into a murderous rage at the first sign of being challenged. We aim to keep the appearances, our relationship with Britain was strictly business. Our lines should go according to "I really love this country, but its time for me to go. By now, we have benefitted well from each other. Also, fuck you, guys. I don't care about any loosers left here, so have fun trying to blackmail me."

    Let's stay civil, they are the bad guys here. Or so we will honestly tell anyone who matters.

    [x] Check on Tohsaka - it would be good to reassure her of his continued survival - he knows she worries

    Coordination is important. Rin is... Rin. She can make mistakes because she is unprepared.

    [x] Robes of the Master Alchemist

    Should give us enough weight to push our angle. These robes are a big deal, and we want to be heard. Also, they provide a good amount of protection and utility, so the choice is optimal.

    The moment we start fighting, we switch to a raging Dragon, anyway. Our skin will provide a better Magic Resistance than any of our gear.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 11th, 2019 at 02:56 PM.

  9. #5669
    Good point here, and on second thought, maybe Atlas already knows about the situation, and if not, Mashu can adapt better than Tohsaka anyway. So, changing my vote.

    [x ] Do one of the meditation exercises Sajyou-san taught him - they help to center him and let him remain calm

    [x] Check on Tohsaka - it would be good to reassure her of his continued survival - he knows she worries

    [x] Robes of the Master Alchemist

  10. #5670
    [x]Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand
    [x]Check on Tohsaka - it would be good to reassure her of his continued survival - he knows she worries
    [x]Robes of the Master Alchemist

    Shinji will want to be in control of himself before heading back to Britain since he knows that he might not get a warm welcome for his past decisions. He'll be practising the meditation exercises before the time to use the Portkey since having a clear head will let him think straight and plan better.

  11. #5671
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,408
    Hey people, I don't want to be mean or anything but we do not have the time to talk to Rin here. She is not going to be in serious mode and Shinji does not have time to reassure her/catch her up. It is fine if you want to warn Mashu since you could do that fairly fast. But I heavily doubt you have time for Rin. Please don't vote for her.

    Esp given that Shinji talking with the girl that he spent a year having sex with only to run out at the alter is not going to put Shinji in a good frame of mind for this upcoming important event. We do not have time for Shinji to be awkward with her as well. It is counter productive to our needs. As long as you inform Mashu she can inform Rin. It sucks that is the case but we have very little time here and she is a time waster.

    Every darn second counts.

    [X] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand
    [X] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal


    Picking up the spare wand is VERY important people. I know it does not seem like it to you and you want to do other stuff. But you need to do this simple fast action. Why you ask? Cause the aurors/Lucius are going to EXPECT Shinji to have a wand on him when he shows up as no wizard runs around without one. If you show up with no wand, that will start the alarm bells for them. And frankly I do not want to show up with our prize wand that connected to Zelkova and risk them snapping it or risk them whisking it away from him if this comes down to a fight. We might not need a wand but we certainly need to show up with one that we are willing to lose.

    And his spare wand is tied to Water and Shinji's old nature, if we hand that one over and they do break it....no big lost since I doubt it really connected with him anymore. And walking in with his Order of Merlin sets the tone that we want them. Shinji Matou Stonecutter who did them services in the past. If they want to throw weight around, then we can always make a stand by breaking the medal in protest of the government's actions. But we should walk in to this looking like we are their champion.

    The wand changeout needs to happen.

    [X] Illuminati Outfit with Standard Black Robes over them

    Talked this out with Daiki on IRC. We figured that it might be best to not get jailed, for Shinji to break out of this trap (as non-lethal as possible), maybe with Fading if we can manage it. I suspect that Dragon Shinji is in agreement that he would like to not be jailed. So we need to go in with some clothing that lets us do this the best we can.

    Side Note: This choice of Remind himself that peace is a lie, there is only passion... is nice and to the correct theme but isn't the whole point of his mediation boon was so that he can turn that into There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Just saying Alf.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 11th, 2019 at 05:58 PM.

  12. #5672
    Alf is baiting us into breaking chains. All the chains!

    [X] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal

    Good point on risking our Wand snapped. If we want to resolve the situation with as much dignity as possible, we can just give it up. Britain cannot interest us with anything anymore, all that's left is cutting ties with grace. On the other hand, isn't this Shinji's mother's wand? That's not something I will be glad to see go.

    Order of Merlin may be a huge problem though. It shows our allegiance to Britain, something we want to cut off. We need to present ourselves as a honorable mercenary, I think. We did a lot of good for Britain's international reputation; we need to enforce that, not our past appearance as Britain's adopted golden child.

    [x] Do one of the meditation exercises Sajyou-san taught him - they help to center him and let him remain calm

    I maintain that it's necessary. Remember the last update. Shinji has gone from unsure about Britain to "Am Dragon, argument invalid" already. He may snap even before we arrive at Ministry.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 11th, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

  13. #5673
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,225
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    On the other hand, isn't this Shinji's mother's wand? That's not something I will be glad to see go.
    No. This is the wand he bought from Asplund's Shop of Horrors, for the low price of Hermione's book.

    His mother's wand he gave to Sokaris in first year.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  14. #5674
    Come one guys, leave Tohsaka alone. Have you not learned anything about interacting with girls too much? Rin is a particularly dangerous opponent for interaction as is, following what happened in the Trial of Courage. Especially now that the dragon is an added influence on Shinji's mind. Ignore her for now, she will show up eventually in Britain.

    [x] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal.

    This vote lesser the odds of having our legendary wand-staff to be destroyed.

    [X] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand.

    Because Atlas has the means to neutralize without lethality. Useful if we need someone to free us from difficult situations.

    We can also have Mashu in the background acting as a contact with Lockhart (she has access to his mansion, which will serve as the Rebels' HQ)

    [x] Illuminati outfit + Standard robe.

    Because whatever he wears is likely to get confiscated if Shinji is arrested or damaged if he is attacked. (at least the outfit can resist magic to an extent which stacks with Shinji's own, and offers better odds to get away)

    Think about it. We will be meeting with Lucius Malfoy guys, the guy who hates us the most on the planet (outside of maybe Zouken and the Einzbern) - while we kept insulting Britain, lost a national treasure, killed a guy in front of a worldwide audience using a curse forbidden in Britain, and are likely to reject whatever last chance Lucius proposes.

    It's probably wise to wear something that will help Shinji's odds in case there is an ambush waiting. And since you don't want to look like a pure muggle when interacting with the minister, at least show up wearing a robe (as to not arise suspicion).

    Keep that master alchemist outfit for when it will be better needed / isn't likely to be lost or damaged.
    Last edited by Daiki; February 11th, 2019 at 06:23 PM.

  15. #5675
    [x] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal.

    [X] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand.

    [x] Illuminati outfit + Standard robe.

  16. #5676
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,408
    With a bit more thought (sleep helps people), I realized even if this turns into a shooting nightmare (pray not) or just a retreat, we just can't go in with that mindset. Either way you slice it, we need to look the part and not go for a fight. If Shinji goes in with the Illuminati outfit in any variation, our hands become tied in that we are not going to let that outfit get captured and broken just cause the idiots tried to study it.

    Thus any combo that has the Illuminati outfit eliminates the peaceful route. Not to mention going in in a war outfit, impacts his mindset and sets their tone in return. Even if it might help to have it, Shinji has to go into this assuming that he is the good guy here. That even if he might broke laws, that he is the one in the right. The person on the higher ground. Which means we do not go looking for war. And in retro thought hiding the underlayer is just not going to work as well as I hope. I can't tale that risk. Its stupid.

    Change vote outfit to [X] Robes of the Master Alchemist

    Even if he is taken to jail and this outfit is taken, they are not going to destroy it. It can be recovered (maybe). If it is lost, so be it but at least it is not a war outfit. It is the outfit of a champion. And they can do a lot to him but they can't remove that. Not anymore.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 12th, 2019 at 12:33 AM.

  17. #5677
    [x] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal.

    [X] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand.

    [x] Robes of the Master Alchemist

  18. #5678
    [x] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal.
    [x] Do one of the meditation exercises Sajyou-san taught him - they help to center him and let him remain calm
    [x] Robes of the Master Alchemist

  19. #5679
    異星蛸 Cysero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    221
    JP Friend Code
    150754413
    [X] Pick up his spare wand and his Order of Merlin medal
    [X] Give a situation report to Mashu, as the local Agent of Atlas needs to know how things stand

    I really wish we had time to meditate before going off to the Ministry. We need to inform Atlas about what's up, and Mashu can fill Rin in later.

    Non-vital clothing and a spare wand are more acceptable losses than our main equipment, if it comes to that.

    [x] Robes of the Master Alchemist

    Order of Merlin + the outfit that is proof of us excelling at the tournament where we represented Britain sets the tone in a friendlier spectrum for both Shinji's mind and the Ministry, for what that's worth. Also gives the outward impression that we still care enough to play our part properly. The plan is to have the most civil conversation possible with good old Lucius until either
    Harry
    someone with an open mind
    shows up or shit hits the fan in any of the numerous ways this can go badly, and then it's all about finding our way out of there.

  20. #5680
    Guys, Shinji is a Dragon now. The moment the shit hits the fan, he will fuse - and either lose his mind or keep himself in check thanks to meditation. We can't escape without Fusion, that should be obvious. Illuminati outfit will not be enough, so the robes matter only as far as the presentation goes. There will most likely be crowds of journalists on our way to Ministry, we can count on a couple of international ones even, I think. Those are the guys we want to see it, not Lucius. (And even if it will be pure British propaganda, its harder to spin our full official approach).

    But yeah, the moment Lucius gives us the last chance, we bolt. Fuse, get away, use our CAS portkey. (Even if it makes us look like an inhuman monster in the Fusion form.) No going to prison, we can't risk underhanded moves from Lucius.

    Actually, Daiki, SL, what was your plan? Going into the office in plain robes and a disposable wand - but with the shiny medal, what kind of image it even aims for? (can we even hide Illuminati outfit under the robes? those are separate options), - speak nicely, reject him, (switch outfits?) and get out? With the help of Atlas, apparently. How would that work? Is that how we want our career in Atlas start?
    Last edited by Malorius; February 12th, 2019 at 04:00 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •