Page 205 of 299 FirstFirst ... 105155195200203204205206207210215255 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, if he does go, his objective would be retrieving the Diary of Tom Riddle, so as to properly reconstitute Tomas' soul. Think of it as an undercover mission...

Also, yes. I am enjoying this.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

I am really happy for you. Truly, I am. Now to actually intelligently use this freedom of choice...

Bu-but Shinji's life simply won't be the same without misunderstandings and wacky harem hijinks! He will be old and serious and will probably even have salary instead of a superior adventurer's lifestyle!
    Last edited by Malorius; May 20th, 2018 at 04:08 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He could still take everything in the Room of Requirement. Or hunt acromantulae again.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Well I have to get on the road (again) so I will be quick for the moment but my personal reaction to Elesa has been locked down in a partition and wiped clean so that objects stay whole.

She lost like a large amount of points with me. Ramona did as well. Like I do not care if she uses the damn ofuda, he was just trying to make things right by offering it if she was in danger from his actions between that and the offer to go public about his actions to move the heat on to him. Its her choice to use it. But sure act superior like you will never need his help. I am sure she would have just aced every thing Shinji saw.

Thank god for Lestrange.

No need for bad feels here. They are just "normal" people of their respective societal circles. Their existence validates Shinji's super-special-snowflake mentality, isnt it great?

Or maybe it's just the matter of masks they have chosen to show us today. Whatever the case, we have extended the olive branch and the results were less than stellar. Now we have to reevaluate our previous interactions and make a choice.

I vote for wishing both of them to avoid death in a slow and painfully humiliating manner during their endevours. Diplomacy, y'know?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Well I have to get on the road (again) so I will be quick for the moment but my personal reaction to Elesa has been locked down in a partition and wiped clean so that objects stay whole.
    Heh. Naturally, if you're trying to confront / persuade a member of the Illuminati, you'd better be able to weave an effective argument. Calling her out without much in the way of proof and then claiming to work for another large organization like Atlas, when you don't have proof...

That just makes her suspicious. Oh, given what he says, it's fairly evident that he is working for someone, but the question is...who?

Well, she is very rational in her assessment. And mostly correct in her points, if pretty confrontational. But...

She has saved Shinji's life. Regardless of her reasons, I am not going to forget that detail.

(Or has she? She is illuminati, we need to engage full Shadowrunning protocols.)

Why are we so open with her again? Is infosec a thing of the past or are trying to be as not-magus-y as possible? I am definitely unwilling to come clean.
    Last edited by Malorius; May 20th, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    She has saved Shinji's life. Regardless of her reasons, I am not going to forget that detail.
    While she may have, Shinji does not know for certain that it was her. Though if he had started with a simple thank you for saving him out on the island - that he doesn't really remember, but he appreciates whatever it was she did, that would have gone much further than asking "if you have anything to say, Ms. Illuminatus" and trying to use that as leverage to get her to help with his alleged sponsor's alleged agenda. Oh, and asking for replacements for his armor up front.

Tldr: Shinji's actions implied he found out a secret and and trying to blackmail her for services and equipment. Please don't forget that if she did emplace the seal, she can undo it just as easily...

She would much prefer not to have to resort to such a messy business, since corpses lead to inconvenient questions, and Shinji is currently a person of interest, but she does have her directives.

After a talk with Alf on the Elesa write in, given how rush the write in was done with little chance for calmer minds to prevail when people gave voice of hesitate on the Elesa write in about Shinji mentioning the Illuminati to her, I may have cash in some of the good will earned to be granted to rewrite that write in. The original was not suppose to be blackmailing her even if I can see why that happen. In my defense, I do admit that not everything I attempt goes well (under statement ) and that I can live with the consquences of most actions but this one seem to be out of left field even by Shinji standards that should have been fixed had more time to revise it.

This rewrite is a one time thing granted by Alf. Do not expect it to happen again.

Rewrite version for Elesa

[X] Thank her for her help the night before the Survival Portion, it was not his best moment. He is better than that but he is not perfect. He owns her one. He is glad that she came out the night in good health given the dangers that the island has. Mention that the island dangers end up hurting his familiar, destroyed his armor even before the mess with other competitors. Speaking of which, he might remember her helping him out on the island so maybe he owes her two? But for that she would have to be an explorer and curious like a Ravenclaw, like him. Any one that can keep up with Ayaka sempai is capable, and Ramona did mention that you play fair, so if she likes exploring maybe sometime during the competition that they explore the island together since there is safety in numbers given the history of death from the island. There are more important things than winning in the end.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; May 21st, 2018 at 12:36 AM.

*sigh* People are hard. When can we go back to hopeless fights with ancient evil abominations?

Blog Entries
    [x] Ramona - Ask her how she feels and offer an apology for all the damage he has caused her, in terms of reputation and for the potential troubles that could come later (like being targeted by Mischa), by acting recklessly while he was impersonating her. Explain that he was too worried about his friend to keep a level head and that it almost costs him to lose the person he was trying to rescue.

As a way to make amends, Shinji offers her the Incomplete Fading Potion recipe, one vial of it (if she wishes to test its effects beforehand), alongside ingredients required for it, so she can start ahead of her competitors and have a better chance to win.

As discussed.

[X] Thank her for the potion that helped heal him. Express gladness that her and Ka'au were able to avoid that skirmish. Tell them he sorry he had to leave them but he has no regrets and would do it again, as his action made sure that Champions think twice in the future about attacking their fellow Champions with lethal attacks as they quickly will find themselves biting off more than they can chew. The island is dangerous enough. Apologize for any backlash she gets for his actions in her form and offer to give an interview to the press if she wishes for her name to be cleared. Give two Flow ofuda to her, one for herself and one for her to give Ka'au if she choices to wear it for the competition so that if she runs into danger and needs some backup that Shinji can assist her, to lessen the needless death of talented Champions.
    We have already said all that, Daiki. And unless I am mistaken, Alf is doing only Elesa's rewrite.

Are you sure that it's the amends that she needs now though? She looks like a practical girl. She has seen that we are already committed to a different cause and accepted that. Unless we are willing to backtrack on our previous words, there is no goodwill to be earned here.

But I am not greedy, let's throw our precious valuable resources at her for no rational reason.

[x] Even if Ramona deems it unnecessary, Shinji still wants to help her. He offers her the Incomplete Fading Potion recipe, one vial of it (if she wishes to test its effects beforehand), alongside ingredients required for it, so she can start ahead of her competitors and have a better chance to win.

Daiki's vote with some changes.

Who knows, maybe this one gesture will be a life-changing experience for her, forcing to become a better person. Like, I have legit seen it in an anime. Or two. Or dozen.

Whatever, staying true to maiden-rescuing character.
    Last edited by Malorius; May 21st, 2018 at 01:35 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In my (extremely finite) generosity, I have agreed to allow re-dos of Choice 318's responses for Elesa and Ramona:

Choice 318 (
    Elesa): [X] Thank her for her help the night before the Survival Portion, it was not his best moment. He is better than that but he is not perfect. He owns her one. He is glad that she came out the night in good health given the dangers that the island has. Mention that the island dangers end up hurting his familiar, destroyed his armor even before the mess with other competitors. Speaking of which, he might remember her helping him out on the island so maybe he owes her two? But for that she would have to be an explorer and curious like a Ravenclaw, like him. Any one that can keep up with Ayaka sempai is capable, and Ramona did mention that you play fair, so if she likes exploring maybe sometime during the competition that they explore the island together since there is safety in numbers given the history of death from the island. There are more important things than winning in the end.

Choice 318 (Ramona): [x] Ramona - Ask her how she feels and offer an apology for all the damage he has caused her, in terms of reputation and for the potential troubles that could come later (like being targeted by Mischa), by acting recklessly while he was impersonating her. Explain that he was too worried about his friend to keep a level head and that it almost costs him to lose the person he was trying to rescue. As a way to make amends, Shinji offers her the Incomplete Fading Potion recipe, one vial of it (if she wishes to test its effects beforehand), alongside ingredients required for it, so she can start ahead of her competitors and have a better chance to win.

Choice 318 (Lestrange): [x] Open with asking about her health. Talk about the skirmish, and Shinji's feeling about how it went down. Make no apologizes for the quality of his help as he did help her without hesitation, no matter the cost to himself. And he would do it again. Be frank that fight has made him question the value of winning this competition if that was a sign of things to come. Mention that his patron wants him to explore the island more than winning so he will do so. But if she does well, that its very likely that she will met his patron after all this. So Shinji will help make that happen by offering to help her win this, giving what aid he can to her. In turn Shinji asks that she helps refined his fading potion after showing it to her.

As discussed.

Choice 320: And so, Matou Shinji goes and steels his courage, requesting appointments with three of the loveliest young women on the isle, all of which will at least deign to hear him out. The order in which he approaches them is a matter of convenience, as Miss Labelle was already around the infirmary, with Miss Ahgeak doing a bit of reading in the CAS Archives, and Miss Lestrange released later that week, due to complications with treatment from exposure to [REDACTED].

Elesa:

"I don't recall doing more than what any decent person would do when you...crashed the gathering at the Centre," Elesa noted quietly. "Though I am surprised you remember it, as inebriated as you were."

"...I didn't, actually, if I'm going to be honest," Shinji admitted, shaking his head. "Luna and...Zelkova, told me about it the next morning. Still, I believe in paying my debts, even if I don't remember what I'm indebted to someone for."

The blonde chuckled.

"That's very honest of you," she commented wryly. "There aren't many people like that these days. Even among the Champions on the isle."

Shinji just looked down.

"I have my share of faults. I just try make up for them how I can," he said, shaking his head. "Speaking of which..."

"Yes?"

"...I'm not entirely sure of it, but I think I owe you for something else," Shinji stated, his hand brushing against the place on his remaining arm where the spirit seal was hidden with a sleeve. "I...I don't entirely remember what happened, but I'm pretty sure whatever it was, it was bad, since it put Zelkova out of commission, destroyed my armor and...did...a lot of other things to me. I do remember - I think I remember - your face though. Or at least...I remember someone with sun-bright hair and eyes the color of the sky." He smiled wryly. "I don't think anyone else quite fits that description among the Champions."

Silence fell, as Elesa looked at the boy thoughtfully.

"...you are full of surprises, Mister Matou," she replied with some amusement. "I hadn't thought you'd remember me at all, as badly off as you were."

"Ah, so it was you. I guess...I owe you my life then?" he hazarded, laughing powerlessly. "I never thought - I didn't think you'd be the adventuring type, but if you found me...I guess you had to have been. And well, if you can keep up with Sajyou-senpai..."

Frankly, he hadn't known what to think of her, aside from that odd dream he'd had where he'd fought a White Chimera alongside her, since in public, she acted like a model, an American Idol, and nothing else - quite at odds with the young woman who studied in the archives at night when no one else was around...who hid what she could do.

'Perhaps even who she is.'

"You don't think that was merely a case of the weakest being paired with the strongest?" the young woman inquired.

"I think the judges cannot see what you do not show them," Shinji countered with a wry smile. "They're...limited, like the rest of us."

"An interesting way of putting it," Elesa said diplomatically. "Hypothetically, let us say that you do owe me your life. What of it?"

"...well, if you plan on doing more exploration during the competition itself, I'm prepared to lend you my aid for as long as you wish it," the boy stated bluntly, looking her in the eye.

"So long as what I'm doing doesn't somehow cause harm to people like Rachelle Lestrange?" the young woman teased, with Shinji's cheeks growing hot for some strange reason.

"W-why would it?" Shinji asked, looking away.

"...as I said, you're an honest sort. Are you certain this is what you want to do, though? You could better spend that time finding ingredients for a potion of your own, I'm sure. I'm told you found Thaumatagoria, after all!"

"...was that really me? I don't remember it," Shinji admitted. "But...as I said, I pay my debts."

"If that is your wish, I suppose I don't mind indulging your sense of honor," the young woman answers, taking a small scroll from her pouch and putting in front of him. "If you could just write down what you said about aiding me, I'd appreciate it. Always good to have things in writing, right?"

Shinji blinked, his eyes narrowing as he looked at the scroll with a dawning sense of recognition.

'...wait. Isn't that...a self-geass scroll?'

What does Shinji do?

[ ] Commit his words to paper and sign
    [ ] Ask where she came across a self-geass scroll
    [ ] Say that a verbal agreement should be enough
    [ ] Suggest a few changes to the wording (write-in)

Ramona:

"Thanks for asking," Ramona commented quietly, as she looked out at the moonlit forest. "If I'm honest, I'm a little annoyed about the press the picture of 'me' killing Parambir has gotten, but there's nothing for it now. Besides, I can't be too angry with you, given what you've already suffered, though at least you've found a way to recover your lost limbs."

"...replace, rather than recover, but close enough," Shinji sighed, shaking his head. "You know, that evening when we all set out feels so long ago."

"It does, doesn't it?" the young woman asked distantly. "It was only a few days, but even so..."

There was an awkward silence for a time.

"I'm sorry, by the way," the boy said at last.

"What for?"

"For the photo, and the troubles it might cause you," Shinji elaborated. "I...I was too worried about Lestrange to keep a level head, and...and..." He'd rushed in without thinking, and had almost been made to do something terrible. "Sorry."

"Heh." Ramona seemed somewhat amused. "It's alright, Matou. Like I said, I am a little annoyed, but I suppose I can't blame you too much for rushing off to try and save the girl you love."

The air went out of Shinji's chest with a dull woosh, almost as if the Champion of Qausuittuq had punched him.

"I-it's, uh, I, wha?" he said, his mouth working up and down, with odd, half-intelligible noises emanating from it. "I, I, I, I, its not. I, I mean, I don't..."

Ramona sighed and shook her head.

"Don't bother denying it," she quipped, while laughing a bit at his red-faced stammering. "You may not want to admit it, but between what you said in your interviews, how you rushed to her side the moment you saw it was Lestrange in danger, and how you broke out of the Imperius because of her, I think its kind of obvious for anyone with eyes to see. It's cute, really."

"Uh...."

"Did I break you just now?" Ramona half-joked, finding this whole thing rather funny. "Well, I'm a bit of a romantic, so as I said, I can't be too upset at you."

There was another prolonged silence, this time as Shinji tried to put the pieces of himself back together and not...not go beet red, or stammer, or such again.

"...even so, I wanted to offer something to make amends," he said quietly, looking off at the moon in the distance. "A potion I made before we came here. It...it was going to be my trump card, but..."

"Matou, let me stop you right there," Ramona interrupted. "Whatever else we are, we are still competitors. It wouldn't feel right for me to simply take what you had created for myself, especially since whatever harm you did, you mostly made up for by finding those rare ingredients."

Shinji looked over at her, startled by the refusal.

"We made a good team, I think," the young woman reflected. "We worked together pretty well, defeated...well, not a nameless evil, but a pretty dire threat, and created a potion that is pretty damn close to legendary. An Elixir that can erase the effects of dark magic, that can dispel curses. Such a thing has never been seen before, short of the water of life."

"...well, that's true," Shinji allowed, shaking his head as he thought of something. "Could I offer you one of my flow-walking ofuda then? Just in case you happen to need me for something?"

"Heh, I'll take the ofuda you offer, though I don't think I'll make much use of it, to be frank," Ramona wryly. "You seem to have your own goals for the competition, after all. Still, who knows. With Stukov likely to hold a grudge..."

"...ah, yes."

"I did not think a mere carrier would be so resilient, but..."

"Carrier?"

"Well, never mind that for now," Ramona noted, shaking her head as she held out her hand. "It's been...not entirely a privilege, or a pleasure, but a singular experience working with you, Matou."

"Likewise."

They shook hands.

"Best of luck," she said. "Maybe if you come across any rare ingredients, you could share some with me?"

"Assuming I haven't used up all my luck living through the preliminaries."

"Heh. Well, let's hope not."

And with that, the two parted.

[No further options available for this interaction]

Lestrange
    :

And when talking to Lestrange, he is surprised by how delicate she appears after her injury, her form seeming rather frail as she sits at a chair on the balcony of her room, looking out at the island. She seems...weary in a way he cannot describe, a far cry from the alluring seductress he first encountered on the island and studied with, and yet, she is no less lovely. Indeed, he finds that a part of himself yearns to protect her, to embrace her and reassure her that everything would be fine, to stand with her against the very world itself if she desired it - even if he knew, deep inside of him, that she neither wanted, nor needed such things.

'I'm...I'm just confused. Because she looks like Luna.'

Or so he told himself, though whether this was truly the case, or just a lie he told himself, he didn't know.

"I am...vell enough," she said softly, her voice musical in the way the French often seemed. "Ze pain is not so bad. At least I am alive, oui?"

Shinji felt his heart ache at her reply, as he could tell she wasn't quite recovered.

"I guess that's true," the boy allowed, closing his eyes. "Still...I wish I could have done more."

"You did vat you could."

"Did I?" Shinji asked. "I wonder about that." He winced. "I...you know, I almost..."

"Vat 'appened, 'appened, Monsieur le Matou," the petite blonde murmured. "I cannot complain overmuch. I zid not suffer as much as Stukov, after all."

"True, though I wish you hadn't had to suffer at all."

"C'est la vie," Lestrange quipped, her lips tugging up into something like a smile for a brief - brief moment.

To Shinji, that fleeting expression was beautiful, if tragic, and he found that he couldn't quite look away - and so was caught looking by a pair of knowing silver eyes.

"...I-I suppose so," he murmured, looking away as if burned. "Still, if things are going to be like that, it makes me realize just how outmatched I am." He sighed. "Winning - any chance of winning - seems like a dream now."

Especially since he no longer had the Book of Potions - or the spirit within - to aid him.

"Even so, zat is vy you are 'ere, on zis island, non?"

"Not...entirely," the boy admitted after several heartbeats.

"Oh?"

"My...patron, the person who wanted me to become a Champion, is more interested in me exploring the island and learning its secrets than anything else," the boy stated, with a sigh. "Even winning - if winning is even possible."

"Ah."

"...you, though, you have a good chance of winning, I think," he continued, glancing over at her once more. "And if you do, I think my...patron would like to meet you." He took a deep breath. "So I...I want to help you win, however I can."

"You wish to 'elp me win, Monsieur le Matou?" she asked quietly, seeming surprised for once. "Zat...is an 'onor I--"

"Don't say you don't deserve it. You do."

"Perhaps I can trust your words, if you say zis so earnestly." She paused, raising an eyebrow as she turned to look at him. "Zis patron of yours...you speak of ze Eltnam."

"...yes."

"I see," she notes, closing her eyes and smiling, a serene smile that tugged at the boy's heart. "Zen...what aid can you provide?"

How does he respond?

[ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; May 21st, 2018 at 04:18 AM.

That was... extremely quick. I was pretty comfortable with the previous version, but this one is nice too.

All our conversations can't possibly have perfect outcomes, there will always be some misunderstandings and careless statements which will bite Shinji in his pasty hindquarters. But if you are willing to give us even more rope to hang ourselves more decisively later - then I gratefully accept.

Praise the Alf!

[x] Say that a verbal agreement should be enough

[x] Give her another ofuda. Now she knows what for. Promise that you will come to her aid again if the situation is dire enough. Saving a friend is more important than fulfilling numerous responsibilities, as was established already. In the end, you will find a way.
    Last edited by Malorius; May 23rd, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

[x] Commit his words to paper and sign

Yeah, that's some unexpected request - but still aligns with our goals. We do want to accompany Elesa in island exploration tour. Plus our maiden-aiding nature - it includes brazen maidens as well.

[x] Give her another ofuda. Or several. And share our research on the potion of fading, which synergies with Rachelle's soul magic.

All our conversations can't possibly have perfect outcomes, there will always be some misunderstandings and careless statements which will bite Shinji in his pasty hindquarters. But if you are willing to give us even more rope to hang ourselves more decisively later - then I gratefully accept.
    The change request was not really motivated to get a more perfect outcome. It was more because if we had another day or so to talk about the write ins most of the worst lines were all ready in question in my head on Elesa's and people had pointed them out that they needed to be changed. I just had to be a bit less stubborn. I could have lived with the first results as I have lived with worst results but this one felt a little harsh with the size of the vote.

But some of it was also that Shinji does bone head things in the past (ie us), but getting Elesa super hostile from a bit of a bad write in that needed editing where she considered herself blackmailed when I wasn't seeing it that way when I wrote it. I was just trying to hey lets cut the bs between her and Shinji and get them to both talk more open with each other since I am in RL not one to tip toe around theses and shot straight with people and have the bluntness of a two by four sometimes.

And after reading the mess that was the result the first time, I have to admit I was not seeing the fun of going forward with Elesa being hostile to Shinji and considering him to be her enemy that might have been a Templar agent trying to act like oh no I am Atlas when its clear he has no real Alchemy knowledge. Shinji would not last long against her even if you remove her seal from the equation and well she is more than any other champion someone the plot might need Shinji to actually work with down the road.

[x] Commit his words to paper and sign but disclose that he does need to find an artifact to pay for his replaced limbs.

I don't think we need to go into details about why and to who here but we do need her to know this needs to happen or well the loan shark will kill him and if Elesa is going to stop him from this task then she might as well just unseal him now cause the pain might be less. Scary thought.

But then on the other hand we might be fine not saying this part. So maybe its unnecessary since its not like exploring the island will not have some loot that Shinji will collect to act as payment for Touko that he needs to mention this.

Lestrange Write in first attempt ie I am not stamping my approval on this yet.

[X] Full disclosure of Shinji abilities to her and lay all his cards on the table, so that she has a better idea how he might help or request his help in something. Inform her that he owes the American champion a favor and that he and she will explore some of the ruins of the island cause safety in numbers. Replace the flow ofuda so that Shinji can still help her of course.

This really is just my opening thoughts in this. It needs work, especially after the fun that was the last vote write in. Suggestions are always welcome to improve it. I am no means fully happy with this at the moment.

I did want to comment on the other write ins that sharing Fading potion research is a nice idea but conflicts with the last Lestrange write in. Shinji is helping lestrange, giving her aid, like his eastern knowledge, muscle and maybe some ingredients he finds to her so that she does well in exchange of her consultation to improve his potion. But I can see us giving her a dose or two to help her especialy if she is not going to be elsewhere when Shinji-Elesa do their thing. Not sure if Shinji can or should invite Lestrange to this exploring.

No, Skull Leader, it's not going to happen. We have vague promises of help to at least two girls already, we are indebted to Touko and desire to help Sion. We are not going to write this Geass and endanger all of those actions without some really convincing arguments.

We can dann well explore the island with our Shield and common sense (search major underground cavity with a lot of space and signs of human architecture).

You know, I really regret that this conversations are shoveled into one update and happen simultaneously. I wouldn't have voted to help Ramona and Rachelle and focused on this opportunity otherwise.

The way I see it we have to choose which path we are willing to commit completely, at least for the island mission

- Shinji the White Knight, selfless helper of all things girl-shaped! Disagree here. Search on your own, be ready to be a hero on a moment's notice. Serious possibility to fail Sion mission, Touko's quest. Also introduces such traits like Unreliable, Dishonest, Short-sighted.

- Shinji the Sion Stalker! (it's a great name, don't judge me). We agree to Geass. We receive help from someone with actual Prana sense - which we severely lack right now. Act as a minion for someone who really really knows their shit, most probably succeed in both Touko's and Sion's requests, have a serious chance to advance main plot questlines and get very valuable information about incoming calamities/major organizations. Cannot run away and be a hero, possibly lose a couple of friends in competition, betray Rachelle's trust, lose agency. Introduces traits like Unreliable, Dishonest and Rational.

Honestly, I dislike both. Which means that the choice is meaningful, *insert usual praises to Alf here*.

Thoughts? I would very much like to see a second opinion here and maybe even some path to compromise, unlikely as it is.
    Last edited by Malorius; May 22nd, 2018 at 04:00 AM.

No, Skull Leader, it's not going to happen. We have vague promises of help to at least two girls already, we are indebted to Touko and desire to help Sion. We are not going to write this Geass and endanger all of those actions without some really convincing arguments.
    Why am I being called out here like I am the ring leader fully charging ahead signing off on this thing already like we have to do this? Like seriously, I am not some person sitting on a Throne going, you all shall follow my ever whim, nor do I always feel like I perfect in my ideas. I state my thoughts, you state yours. We talk, we negotiation but at the end of the day, I am but one vote.

A vote that can not win anything on his own. I admit I do try to tie things together or come up with plans with people as some some coherent effort or state my opinions rather loudly.

Which takes me to the question, who is this we you are stating? Everyone is just one vote. I am one vote and you are one vote. Granted there might be more that agree with you so don't think I writing you off and not listening. But the statement you say should be "I am not going to write in this Geass..." But I hate word play like this myself so no foul taken by me, or issue I want to kick up. We all work together cause we all like this fic in the end. Right?

But moving on to a more constructive talk, if I may. Again I am not trying to strong arm my way here; just stay what I think about things. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Shinji has one promise to Lestrange to give aid to her, to help her win. Yep. Ramona is not really any promise as she herself mention. Just a here take this item if you need me. Heck Elesa, based on the fact that she works with Ramona, is going to know about this item. Elesa wants Ramona to win or at least do well. Ramona is the cover for Elesa to do her agent stuff. That is why Ramona has far more potion training given to her than say Elesa (not that its none).

So say Shinji signs. Elesa and Shinji go off and find some wonder rare ingreditents. Elesa gives some to Shinji, who funnels his half to Lestrange and Elesa keeps her half. Only Elesa likely to funnel her half to Ramona. Oh look, Shinji I know that you can hop back and forth to her, so give this to her. Shinji plays delivery boy. And keeps all his promises.

Artifact hunting for Touko goes to the same darn places as Elesa, so not a darn issue in my head. Deeper dungeons have loot right? So go with her, get the loot as she not taking all of it (as she is fair), pay off Touko. Side bonus Shinji learns more about the island to tell Sion. Win Win all around.

So I am not seeing your issue. Yes I see the issue of not having a million promises to different people that conflict with each other. Heck I am not all happy to sign this with her, but Shinji needs her to accomplish Sion goal and to get Touko her payment. Lestrange is unlikely to really want to go all the way on this. Ideally Lestrange, Shinji, Elesa go off to explore the central ruins until Lestrange moves on to work on her goal. Then Shinji peals off when Elesa releases him and he goes back to helping Lestrange full time.

But that is just a rough plan. But these promises with different people do not conflict I think too much, maybe I am wrong for god sake please point out the issues by all means. But this conflict is not say the level of Shinji Family and the wishes of Sion level of conflict.

Its not like shinji is telling two champions, hey I want it to be you that win and I am giving you all my support here. There is no agreement to help Ramona period. Just the hey if you are in danger I can/want to come help you. That not an alliance, that not anything other then I am a nice guy and do not like people dying. And like I have pointed out the Ofuda works in Elesa's favor, not against her.

Elesa is not unreasonable if we sign this, its just the price for working with her. Its so that she can trust him cause she holds the cards here and not Shinji. Hence why the orignal Elesa write in when oh oh so wrong.

If you say no to signing this, then she not going to left a finger for Shinji (and in turn Ramona) cause his word IS superficial and he not willing to back up his words as the full truth. And we then are forced to go all in with Lestrange and pray that she willing to help Shinji in getting the stuff he needs for Touko and Sion.

The key I think to signing and not pissing off Lestrange with Shinji being not say giving his Full 100% because of Elesa deal is what we say to Lestrange right now in the write in. It has to explain to her why Shinji doing what he is doing. Ultimately its because he doing this Elesa deal, cause of honor but also so he can complete his goal TO and FOR Sion. Lestrange, I believe can understand this and accept this if Shinji explained it to her and is open about it.

Edit: Sigh this is more large wall of text then I wanted. But in reponse to the ya Malorius, thanks for answering that part. Cool cool. Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; May 22nd, 2018 at 04:29 AM.

Hmm, you are right. I do come across more aggressive than I intended, sorry.

I am calling you our because you are actually willing to formulate your thoughts in long rational arguments and answer my questions. That's a standard forum behavior, as far as I know.

Also I strongly dislike things like Geass on very basic level, so there is that.

Now, let me think about the rest.

EDIT. Long story short, I think you rely too much on Elesa's willingness to accommodate our immature and selfish behavior (as it definitely comes across to anyone with anything approaching "magus mentality"). She has no reason to not say: "What, you intend to run away and endanger the mission?" And there goes our freedom of choice.

As I've written in the previous post, there are a lot of advantages in accepting. I just don't feel they outweigh the possible risks.

Also also, I have this unpleasant premonition in my head. If we come clean and start telling the truth of our intentions and responsibilities with any expectations of reciprocated trust, she will just lose all respect towards our mental faculties, so.
    Last edited by Malorius; May 22nd, 2018 at 04:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    The way I see it, Elesa is just testing Shinji's reaction as much as attempting to see how dedicated he is to his other objective.

There's zero reason to refuse signing because seaweed has zero chance to fulfill Sokaris' request (which requires to go in the temple) and likely Touko's as well, without Elesa. Not if you want to outlive the event.

[x] Commit his words to paper and sign but disclose that he does need to find an artifact to pay for his replaced limbs.

I don't think you'll need to state anything about Touko's artifact since it will likely be in the temple too, but if you really want to be sure, why not.

As for this;

[X] Full disclosure of Shinji abilities to her and lay all his cards on the table, so that she has a better idea how he might help or request his help in something. Inform her that he owes the American champion a favor and that he and she will explore some of the ruins of the island cause safety in numbers. Replace the flow ofuda so that Shinji can still help her of course.
    If you go support of Rachelle, go all out, yes.

Rather than giving her a sole anchor ofuda, I would offer a full set of ofuda with different properties that he will grant her as soon as he rebuilds his stash. Maybe give her alternative tools to play with, so she doesn't default back to sword immediately, such as the Lockhart knives. I'm fine with parting with a vial or two of Fading or suggesting the recipe + materials. The latter in particular has much value because it implies less time outside, meaning lower odds of encountering Mischa, and a better starting point for the brewing session.That is, if she doesn't mind putting aside her own recipe / potion. But it's good to let her know that the option is there if she wants.
    Last edited by Daiki; May 22nd, 2018 at 03:19 PM.