Page 124 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2474114119122123124125126129134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

[X] George - because George is his comrade in arms, after all
    [x] go all out without using trump cards

I suppose I'm a bit late to the party, but it's been a rather busy weekend and I haven't been able to hop on as a result.

Kieran and Skull both bring up good points. We have conflicts to prepare for as well as remember that there are people watching us with great interest - or trepidation, depending on which side they're on.

In the case of being called forward to participate, we also might want to remember that we're on shaky ground with the British Ministry. It certainly is kind of Fleur to wish to show that there are those that do appreciate us for our abilities and our character (As per Alf's previous post), but choosing her this close to the championship might be dangerous, though it certainly would remove Rachelle Lestrange from the running for sure as it's unlikely George of Victor would bring her in at all.

Also, it certainly is a possibility that she (Rachelle) might extract her favor from us should we decide to help George and end up facing her. This is on top of the fact that we'd be facing her at all in that situation and we're likely to get 'distracted' as a result, though it would also be a great chance for us to see her in-combat and get a better grasp of her.

Now, letting Pansy (who will be the likely secondary option for George should we opt not to join with him) work with George would allow her to get a better grasp of him and possibly bind him closer to the Order of Assassins should he end up being brought in there. Conversely, it's possible that working with him further could better bind him to us.

It really comes down to whether we want to improve our relationship with one or the other, or just keep our hands off the situation completely because we happen to be friends with both and allow things to play out for themselves. And, as tempting as the third option is, it certainly would be a shame as it shows a level of indecisiveness while still showing that some battles just shouldn't be fought.

In the case of any of the three, I'll be voting for [x] - Going all out, short of using fusion (dual-wielding, ofuda slinging wizard style), as that's a trump very few know about as we really don't want too many people to be aware of the full-extent of our powers at the moment.

So in summary, it comes down to binding George closer to us, binding Fleur closer to us, or letting things play out in favor of showing that we do not want to compromise our sense of fairness because we cannot commit to either.

Despite wanting to be impartial on the matter, however, this is also an excellent opportunity for Shinji to grow as there is little better than live combat to test one's skills and discover new things about ourselves while finding ways to improve.

Alf, would it be alright to ask how Fleur and/or George might feel about Shinji assisting one instead of the other?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    So in summary, it comes down to binding George closer to us, binding Fleur closer to us, or letting things play out in favor of showing that we do not want to compromise our sense of fairness because we cannot commit to either.
    Some good stuff in the rest of the post but I wanted to commit on this part here. While its very true about the choice binding one of them closer to Shinji, its also very much more from my opinion which force binds Shinji closer, and will likely effect the role Shinji plays in Lockhart's new order after the rebellion in addiction to the rebellion itself.

If we go Team Bro here with George, we stay somewhat Pro-British. George and Shinji might not be pro-Malfoy's Britain but they do stand for the core values and ideals of Lockhart's new order's vision. Shinji in this choice does not alienate the entire British community allowing for him to later play the role for Lockhart as along with George as a son of the true ideals of the new order by protesting Malfoy's MoM but still seeking the British glory as one of their heroes.

While in the Team France choice, Shinji continues to play the villain card to the British for the sake of international community. In Lockhart's new order he is going to need people that have good relationships with the rest of the world (as Malfoy's tanked it with the withdrawal from International Confederation of Wizards). His role in this route I see Shinji, going far more unrewarded by the British common people in the role he took in overthrowing Malfoy's government. He takes a side role over Lockhart and the more British popular people like Pansy, Luna, Draco that are likely to side with Lockhart here. He becomes the shadow force during the conflict, not the rallying point.

But in turn Shinji gains the respect of the international community for him to play the role of voice to the rest of the world for Lockhart's New Order. Because in this choice we really gain France's respect for helping his Lady and their country cause by going against the grain here. We already have a really good relationship with Japan, and we have a start of one for the Nordic Countries with them knowing he is giving them intel on Malfoy's regime.

In short pro Fleur is also being Pro-Lockhart's rebellion just in another role. Frankly I think Shinji does better staying in the international politics/limelight here than trying to go down the role of Stonecutter's of being Britain's chosen ones. There are already a Harry and George can still play the part and soon to be Pansy.

But no one is as set up for positive international relations as Shinji is for Lockhart's rebellion (other than Tomas if he working for it) to benefit with. It is the role that only he can play, so why not have us explore this to the fullest by getting France's love here. We not risking the all important PC position for by doing this since it happens after the PC.

It would certainly anger the British people at the moment but people already think that Shinji is being manipulated by Fleur by her aura so I am not seeing how this will make things worst for Shinji for his image in Britain. Lockhart's new order can change Shinji rep by exposing the truth to people as long as they win in the end and are recognized by the international community.

Hmmm, I started this with a small point and some how it grew into me trying to have people see this vote as more than just George or Fleur points.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    snip
    Thank you for that exposition, Skull Leader. It's a good reminder that our actions are much more than just reputation with individuals, but also reputation with entire factions that have wide and long-lasting ramifications in future years.

With that said, I'll be putting my lot in with [x] - Fleur in this case as our faction could stand to gain more legitimacy internationally with the other European Powers.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_Trickster View Post
    With that said, I'll be putting my lot in with [x] - Fleur in this case as our faction could stand to gain more legitimacy internationally with the other European Powers.
    Endangering our Potions Champion position and the mission, assigned by Sion, yes. Greengrass has already mentioned that in case of anti-British actions Champion can be summoned to Wizengamot and stripped of his role.

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
    Endangering our Potions Champion position and the mission, assigned by Sion, yes. Greengrass has already mentioned that in case of anti-British actions Champion can be summoned to Wizengamot and stripped of his role.
    Very true but I would like to answer that with this reference.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    In case you were all curious what is left for this year, here's a rough roadmap:

Tanuki Hunt
    CTF stuff
    Second Task/Yule Ball
    Potions Championship
    Third Task / Crowning of the Champion
    ???
    ???

The ??? has yet to be revealed/determined, as the spiriton flows have not been locked into a discrete set of possibilities by choice and observations.
    Third task happens after the Potions Championship according to this post. I am assuming that this order is still correct but if Alf would please chime in here to confirm this that would be great. As if the Third Task happens before the Potions Championship that would change my calculates and I would agree with you Neophyte that we can not afford to risk losing the position.

But to my knowledge there is no risk to a position that already would have played out.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 21st, 2017 at 12:41 AM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Third task happens after the Potions Championship according to this post. I am assuming that this order is still correct but if Alf would please chime in here to confirm this that would be great. As if the Third Task happens before the Potions Championship that would change my calculates and I would agree with you Neophyte that we can not afford to risk losing the position.
    There will be two stages to the Third Task. The first happens on the eve of him leaving for the Potions Competition, and may involve a standard scenario to assess skill and such. The time of the second - and final - phase is not yet known, but is likely to occur after he leaves for the Competition.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; February 21st, 2017 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
    An excellent point to bring up. However:

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    There will be two stages to the Third Task. The first happens on the eve of him leaving for the Potions Competition, and may involve a standard scenario to assess skill and such. The time of the second - and final - phase is not yet known, but is likely to occur after he leaves for the Competition.
    I think it's close enough to the championship proper that Britain will be unable to find a replacement without actively sabotaging their own chances of winning.
    Last edited by mr_Trickster; February 21st, 2017 at 12:24 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    154: [X] George - because George is his comrade in arms, after all
    155: [X] Going all out, short of using fusion (dual-wielding, ofuda slinging wizard style), as that's a trump very few know about

Choice 156: And before I forget, whose reaction would you like to see to the whole mess involving the Fred incident (including waking up)? (choose two)

[ ] Fred Weasley
    [ ] The Unspeakable assigned to his case
    [ ] Lucius Malfoy
    [ ] Draco Malfoy
    [ ] Gilderoy Lockhart

Choice 157: And Ball aftermath interlude? (choose two)

[ ] Fleur Delacour
    [ ] Viktor Krum
    [ ] George Weasley
    [ ] Harry Potter
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; February 23rd, 2017 at 11:16 AM.

In this case, it might be wise of us to get a good look at both sides of the coin. The information we'll might be able to get from them would be useful, after all:

[x] - Gilderoy Lockhart
    [x] - Lucius Malfoy

Especially since we're about to be going into some rather… interesting times.

That said, the same could be said for the ball. Getting so see the personal, French perspective as well as the distant British perspective might help us prepare better for the battles ahead:

[x] - Fleur Delacour
    [x] - Harry Potter
    Last edited by mr_Trickster; February 24th, 2017 at 04:16 PM.

[x] The Unspeakable assigned to his case
    [x] Lucius

[x] Fleur
    [x] Harry

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Fred, because I want to read what he thinks about all this and about his perspective during the incident and Draco for pretty much the same reasons.

Fleur and George. George usually has some pretty interesting insight when it comes to the situation so I like seeing his point of view when possible.

Oh, a more calm set of choices where we do not need to feel the entire weight of world on what choice we make.

[X] The Unspeakable assigned to his case
    [X] Gilderoy Lockhart

Lockhart because we rarely get the option to see his POV as he is very much a mysterious character. The unspeakable because my dorky brain can't help but to see his POV reading like a detective noir novel as he tries to solve the case of the Squib Stonecutter.

[x] - Fleur Delacour
    [x] - Harry Potter

Been a while since we have heard from Harry. And Fleur thoughts should be fun to see after the 'sleeping princess' awakes enough to fully process Shinji's actions at/after the ball. Plus the fun of watching Fleur have to deal with girls from her school as they flood her with their own reactions to seeing the couple's actions.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 24th, 2017 at 08:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    [x] Fred Weasley
    [x] Draco Malfoy

I want to see what Draco thinks of the incident. And Fred, well, to get some insight and assess mental state.

[x] Viktor Krum
    [x] George Weasley

Krum because the poor guy was often overlooked.

Choice 156:

[x] Fred Weasley

Choice 157:

[x] Fleur Delacour
    [x] Harry Potter

[x] Fred Weasley
    [x] Draco Malfoy

[x] Viktor Krum
    [x] George Weasley

Choice 156:

[x] Fred Weasley

Choice 157:

[x] Viktor Krum
    [x] Harry Potter

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just so you know, I'm at GDC this week, so I'm not going to be posting updates for a bit. Perhaps to make up for it, I'm opening the thread for a bit of Q&A if you have something about the story/world you want to know, or choices not taken.

Also happy to provide Stat updates if you want, since we're on the cusp of a new arc.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; February 26th, 2017 at 07:20 PM.

What if Shinji didn't sit with Harry on the train?

Choice 156
    [X] Gilderoy
    [X] Lucius

Choice 157
    [X] Harry
    [X] Fleur