Page 228 of 299 FirstFirst ... 128178218223226227228229230233238278 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

[X] Using his ofuda

Ofuda is the best anti-sprite tool Shinji has so might as well use that.

I am not convinced that Fusion is off limit yet. Mostly that we will need to use this if we want to survive the hell in this place or against Mischa. Perseus just needs to shut up and get on board with the program. I think Shinji made progress? Maybe? Granted you could just seal him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I am not convinced that Fusion is off limit yet. Mostly that we will need to use this if we want to survive the hell in this place or against Mischa. Perseus just needs to shut up and get on board with the program. I think Shinji made progress? Maybe? Granted you could just seal him.
    better sure than sorry.
    I think from what I see, We need to teach Perseus fusion first.
    he doesn't seem to be aware of how fusion works and end up fighting shinji and Zelkova.
    it will be easier if they can communicate

figuring out to balance out his self with his other spirit might also lessen his burden of hosting perseus, I reckon
    the idea of finding a balance of cooexistant within one body might be key?

===============

hey, Alf. how is Shinji faring after that botched fusion?
    and if it will impact his capabilities fusion or otherwise?
    Last edited by sileaf; August 16th, 2018 at 10:49 PM.

And pick up occlumency, they can protect Shinji's mind from Perseus and prevent bleed over between them

Edit; forgot my vote
    [X] Use his ofuda
    Last edited by sileaf; August 17th, 2018 at 12:24 AM.

The best girl gets mentioned. (Ah, no, not Kirei.) Despite everything else... I am content.

[x] Using his ofuda

Fusion should stay on recharge for now. Because Shinji's onmyoji, we are supposed to be proficient in this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Malorius; August 16th, 2018 at 11:47 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Use Ofuda, but if possible I'd like to apologize to Elesa for what just happened, since he certainly didn't keep his part of the deal by being such a burden, and then discuss in detail if she or Zelkova has any idea on how to contact Perseus, as I don't mind her knowing his name but she probably already figured it out anyways. If that's not successful then maybe proceed to seal him or wait until the next floor if it's too draining for her, since Ofuda should be able to deal with these enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Use Ofuda, but if possible I'd like to apologize to Elesa for what just happened, since he certainly didn't keep his part of the deal by being such a burden, and then discuss in detail if she or Zelkova has any idea on how to contact Perseus, as I don't mind her knowing his name but she probably already figured it out anyways. If that's not successful then maybe proceed to seal him or wait until the next floor if it's too draining for her, since Ofuda should be able to deal with these enemies.
    Seconded
    That is a nice write in

Except we are voting for extermination of ghosts, not interpersonal relationships. The idea is fine, though.

Elesa probably regrets making us sign the contract already. Such a waste of good paper!

Well, it does feel somewhat awkward to ask Elesa to cater to our need after apologizing

Perhaps it will be more proper to apologize for being a burden, then asked her for her opinion on whether he should put up the temp seal or not as she was in better position to judge his performance and explain to her what he figured out about his triparte fusion and its problem

This way, Shinji is asking for advice on how better to be able to work more efficient or not be a burden. If she suggest way to get that triparte fusion to work that's great, if not, let's just settle with sealing and get normal function of fusion.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 377: [x] Use Ofuda

hey, Alf. how is Shinji faring after that botched fusion?
    and if it will impact his capabilities fusion or otherwise?
    Somewhat disoriented, but alive, given that he ended up in control of his body, instead of losing control of it. The trouble is, if Perseus' soul is whole and acting, its difficult to suppress, given its higher relative spiritual weight and age. At least he now knows the name of the spirit inside of him, and has a better idea of what it is capable of - however, now that he has made a clear distinction between himself and the spirit, he may find it more difficult to access Perseus' NPs as instinctively as he did before. After all, those abilities belong to Perseus, not Shinji - while he can still use the mantle, it will now take more focus than a mere thought.

Zelkova is temporarily in astral form, recovering from the botched fusion - fusion will consequently be somewhat weaker than usual. That is, if he used fusion now, one stat would be debuffed.

Choice 378: And what to do with Zelkova?

[ ] Have Zelkova fight too
    [ ] Have Zelkova rest
    [ ] Have Zelkova scout for traps
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

thx, Alf

[x] Have Zelkova rest

[x] Have Zelkova scout for traps

As much as I want to let Zelkova recover after our recent series of failures, I want Shinji to survive even more. Scouting should be a relatively easy task for now.

Then again there is a danger that he will be attacked by spiritual opponents while searching. An unpleasant possibility.

I'll just have to rely on Zelkova's superior (to Shinji's) competence.

Blog Entries
    [x] Have Zelkova rest.

Sending your spirit companion ahead on the spirit floor doesn't seem like the best idea.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Have Zelkova rest

[X] Have Zelkova fight too

Rest makes some sense to me but we have a few problems going against this floor without Zelkova in this fight. Given that Shinji does not have the correct Ofuda to go against Sprites (IE Sealing) and Shinji's armor gives no defense against these sprites. So Shinji on his own has neither the firepower nor the defense to take them on. Scotting here is super risky as point out by people.

I think we have to use Fusion people. Yes I don't like it any more than the rest of you, but Shinji at least while fuse has resistance to them so that he can be more than just useless this round. We have the wrong Ofuda for this level.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 378: [x] Have Zelkova fight too

Choice 379: And the roles for each of them?

[ ] Have Zelkova be the "tank", with Shinji and Elesa hanging back and offering support
    [ ] Take point himself, trusting in his armor, with Zelkova offering support
    [ ] Ask Elesa to take point, with Shinji and Zelkova providing support
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Ask Elesa to take point, with Shinji and Zelkova providing support

[x] Ask Elesa to take point, with Shinji and Zelkova providing support

A rational choice, if I've ever seen one. Shinji's little White Knight will die a little inside though.

I wonder how much Affection Points with Elesa we have to lose until she decides to put Wakame out of his misery...

[x] Ask Elesa to take point, with Shinji and Zelkova providing support

Elesa has the competency, skills and better gear than Shinji. Let her lead.