Page 269 of 299 FirstFirst ... 169219259264267268269270271274279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Blog Entries
    Changing my vote for;

[x] Offer to work together with her, as you have a potion recipe that needs work.

I have no strong argument against it so why not.

You guys are too easily triggered. Look at our character sheet and ask yourself: what skills are more important for our play style? What would we use regularly, and what would be situational? Which abilities are absolutely irreplaceable, and which can easily be delegated to others?

Then the reason I don't consider Potion/Herbology skills important outside of this competition will become apparent.

We can't have everything.

But whatever, it seems that the vote is decided.
    Last edited by Malorius; January 14th, 2019 at 12:58 AM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, you all still have 24 hours. For a big vote like this, I like to have that, especially since the next vote is just what you want to brew for the finals!

...and what you are willing to trade, of course.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Trade? We have to pay for the lessons now? Capitalistic pigs! We need to teach them the wonders of c o m m u n i s m~

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 445: [x] Offer to work together with her, as you have a potion recipe that needs work.

Choice 446: Which Potion Recipe would you like to work on with her?

[ ] The Potion of All Potential
    [ ] Potion of Fading
    [ ] Perhaps something like a potion of transferrence?

Choice 447a: Additionally, Lestrange does have a few special tricks she's developed over the years - one of them being her aerosol technique? Will Shinji attempt to trade for her special techniques?

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

Choice 447b: If so, what is he offering? (choose as many as you want)

[ ] Some of his non-thaumatagoria ingredients
    [ ] More thaumatagoria
    [ ] Some of his artifacts (specify)
    [ ] The recipe he's not working on
    [ ] An open ended favor
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] The Potion of All Potential

[ ] Yes
    [ ] Some of his non-thaumatagoria ingredients
    [ ] Some of his artifacts (specify)
    [ ] The recipe he's not working on
    [ ] An open ended favor
    [ ] Writte-in: Tell her he Is Gonna find a way to put her un contact with the best alchemist of the world ( Sion).

Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    [ ] Write-in: Tell her he Is Gonna find a way to put her in contact with the best alchemist of the world ( Sion).
    I don't think this is needed. Shinji already told Lestrange that if she does well that her Sion will likely want to talk to her. Shinji putting a good word in is almost a given at this point. Sion has got reports on Lestrange before this island. The key is to not make promises that Shinji can not keep. He already is on a limb here when he told her that Sion would want to talk to her. Guaranteeing that they talk is a bit too far. So this offer is not worth anything, that she hasn't already earned.

[X] The Potion of All Potential
    [X] Yes
    [X] Some of his non-thaumatagoria ingredients
    [X] Some of his artifacts (Scarb)
    [X] The recipe he's not working on

No open ended favors. I have had enough with them and having weights of debt on Shinji. Pay her now or not at all.

Blog Entries
    Aren't you guys a little too generous here? I'm not sure I want to see Shinji lose so much for an aerosol spray. Sure, it would be nice to have, but we don't need it that much. It's supposed to be an equivalent exchange, not the "give everything to Lestrange" for something we aren't likely to use that often. That rune footwork could be a better fit for us though. Or some knowledge maybe.

[x] Yes.
    [x] Let her decide how many non-thaumatagoria ingredients she feels is adequate for an equivalent exchange

If it's not enough then we don't have to learn it, that's all there is to it. I trust Lestrange not to swindle us.

I don't care about which potion it is we brew.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 16th, 2019 at 01:43 AM.

I really want to hear the reasoning behind showering Lestrange in gifts. Like, what do you aim to achieve besides looking an immature boy desperate for the attention of the girl (who found herself another protector!) - or something similarly unpleasant? What's worse, it's too close to the truth anyway, and I don't want to exacerbate the issue.

And as much as Transference is alluring with its possibilities, and Restoration with relevant utility in War... Shinji needs a trump. Something to let us stand on the even footing with monsters - in all forms - when the time inevitably comes for us to go against them, jumping way out of our league, like we always do. And that's PoAP.
    [X] The Potion of All Potential
    [x] Yes.
    [x] Let her decide how many non-thaumatagoria ingredients she feels is adequate for an equivalent exchange.
    And, for shame, Scarab is an obvious gift for Rin, the protection she desperately needs. She is the one who chooses to fight in a war for the sake of Shinji, not Lestrange. Let's not allow the prophecy of her death come true, ok?
    Last edited by Malorius; January 16th, 2019 at 05:30 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    [...] It's supposed to be an equivalent exchange, not the "give everything to Lestrange" [...]

[x] Yes.
    [x] Let her decide how many non-thaumatagoria ingredients she feels is adequate for an equivalent exchange

[...]

I don't care about which potion it is we brew.
    I agree with this.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 446: [x] Potion of All Potential

Choice 447: [x] Yes; [x] Let her decide how many non-thaumatagoria ingredients she feels is adequate for an equivalent exchange.

Lestrange informs you even together, the ingredients you have collected, other than thaumatagoria, are not that useful to her, and thus are inadequate for an exchange at this time. She will certainly work with you to help you with your Potion of All Potential recipe, given that she gains something from it as well, but that will be all.

Complete Potion of All Potential Recipe (and basic theory) Acquired

Choice 448:
    What do you want to brew for the final showdown?

[ ] Potion of All Potential - Let's go for the win!
    [ ] Potion of Fading (using own blood) - a specialty potion that will catch attention
    [ ] Elixir of Restoration (what Ramona brewed in prelims - he doesn't know the recipe, but maybe with Felix Felicis...?)
    [ ] A love potion, like Amortentia
    [ ] (write-in)

Blog Entries
    Well, he completed PoAP congratulations.

So, @everybody, I'm sure the topic had already been discussed at length, but I've somehow missed it completely. I mean, it's pretty obvious.

How much does usage of PoAP influence Shinji's long-term skill retention? Basically, how many cauldrons of PoAP do we need to chug to repeat (multiple iterations of) Shirou's feats of absorbing the knowledge of his other selves?

Or does the nature of PoAP somehow deny the process?

Alf, does it mean that we have created at least one doze in the process of the development?

[ ] Elixir of Restoration (what Ramona brewed in prelims - he doesn't know the recipe, but maybe with Felix Felicis...?)

Even incomplete recipe will be helpful for war effort. Saving friends, curing lycanthropy, fixing our easily-detachable-limbs problem - this potion has it all. We have the time to brew it, so why not?

I don't aim to win, if it isn't obvious enough. Now that Lestrange has witnessed PoAP, we can't win the Championship with it, since she will most likely jump at the idea - and brew it better too. Super-Fading will possibly be considered good enough... But I just don't see the need for it. We are making inroads for the future agenda, this championship holds little value for us. So better make Restoration now, when we have a source of unique ingredients nearby.

The only problem I see here is the sacrifice of FF, but we will be able to procure more in the future. I wonder if CAS has any in their secret menu for the allies of the organization...
    Last edited by Malorius; January 17th, 2019 at 04:54 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    How much does usage of PoAP influence Shinji's long-term skill retention? Basically, how many cauldrons of PoAP do we need to chug to repeat (multiple iterations of) Shirou's feats of absorbing the knowledge of his other selves?
    You will not be absorbing the knowledge of your other selves via PoAP. At least, not directly - that's more a time travel thing, or more than one self in proximity issue, where alaya/Gaia has issues telling entities apart.

What you do under PoAP gives you some stored EXP towards a skill, but you only get that EXP once you unlock the skill normally.

I am rather annoyed at all of you that thought that Just sharing the plain ingredients was going to work with Lestrange. It is a mild insult to her as it was the bare minium for just being an ally and working with them. Seriously wish we had more time on that one so I could have changed your minds on it, but oh well. Such is life.

[X] Potion of All Potential - Let's go for the win!

The only other reasonable answer to me is brew the fading potion to hide the PoAP from spot light. Barking up anything else is just stupid. He has two potions that he knows he can do, showcase one of them. Pick either I don't really care. Trying to brew another potion outside those two is just plain stupid. Period.

What makes me pick brewing PoAP over Fading is that Sion said to do his best in the competition. PoAP is his best option. So it I pick it over Fading.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 16th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

[X] Potion of All Potential - Let's go for the win!

The only other reasonable answer to me is brew the fading potion to hide the PoAP from spot light. Barking up anything else is just stupid. He has two potions that he knows he can do, showcase one of them. Pick either I don't really care. Trying to brew another potion outside those two is just plain stupid. Period

You might want to rethink that statement because your current reasoning is lacking.

What part is lacking Malorius?

The hiding the PoAP from national attention so it can be used and surprise the enemy? Which I guess can apply to fading as well, since fading is more effective if they do not know its exist to set up counters to it.

The fact that he already has two receipts that work? And thus does not have to do a shot in the dark to get an untested thing working? I mean what I said. Making a third potion from scratch with no prior testing is dumb. Fading took time and effort to get the base incomplete form working. He might be able to refined it now but he has a launching platform. And it took Luck to make PoAP without prior testing. Its not impressive to me relying on luck to do the dirty work for you, since in the end you can not explain your work to the judge. So I think my reasoning is fine, I just did not expand on it.

I see no reason why shinji would ever attempt to make a third potion here when he already has PoAP, completed and understood. Fading is a near second here. Why bark up another potion like those two are not somehow worthy. The only answer I can come up with is because you are greedy for a third legendary potion. And frankly its amazing Shinji has two when we were told back in the days that Shinji would only ever make one legendary potion.

If you want restoration, then all Shinji has to do is look up the file on it since he is accredited (by remona) to be a co-creator of it. He has the partial rights to it. He just never did that.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 17th, 2019 at 02:26 AM.

What part is lacking Malorius?
    The part where you brush off any other approach as stupid without solid argumentation, mostly. I'm sure that we've discussed this a lot of times: winning or losing is superficial, we should think in more strategic terms. What would benefit both Shinji an his allies the most? We are already providing them with incomplete Fading, likely, but healing can only help with that.

You just want to brew something and be done with it. But is it an optimal path?

If you want restoration, then all Shinji has to do is look up the file on it since he is accredited (by remona) to be a co-creator of it. He has the partial rights to it. He just never did that.
    Alf, is that right? Can Shinji get an access to the recipe of Restoration through official channels now?

If that is indeed true, then the strategic angle is mostly fulfilled. So, personal one is next: Transference. We have a unique access to ingredients here, something that we won't have in the foreseeable future. (Pretty sure we can't just drink FF and get a Legendary Potion with minimal effort in any other part of the world.) Since you guys have chosen to go deeper into Potions with intentions of actively using it in the future, - for War effort and further - more recipes will help us actually leverage this ability for some tangible results.
    Last edited by Malorius; January 17th, 2019 at 04:40 AM.