Page 156 of 299 FirstFirst ... 56106146151154155156157158161166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Blog Entries
    [x] Fate.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No agreement, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    No agreement, huh?
    I am taking this more of a sign that Shinji like us have no idea what he wants for the future. Doesn't want to abandon his friends or his mansion but does not want to stay there for life or feels welcome anymore. Or Japan as he has no family there, only a few friends and important contacts. Shinji is becoming a man without a country/home, which is funny since he is a 14 year old that owns a huge mansion. At this point I think Shinji will have a chip on his shoulder about the general public of magical Britain that will stay no matter what happens in the future. His view of them has shattered into a thousand pieces.

Since I am hearing no love for my write in, I will withdrawal it, in favor of the given option that lies in its sprite for the sake of us at least having an choice with more than one vote at this moment. Not that two votes is much better. I would much rather us come to some consensus here, with a detail future plan that involves more than simply wishing for the best to happen at the PC to keep his options open.

Change vote to [X] That his plans will see him elsewhere
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 12th, 2017 at 08:31 PM.

Change my vote to: [x] That his plans are at the mercy of the fates

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll be online if anyone wants to chat.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[X] That his plans will see him elsewhere

I gonna be honest is really coward run from Britain when things get dificult, specially knowing that britain give so much to Shinji.
    Well it really don't surprice me that much the forum have a record in making coward moves (the Zouken fiasco).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    I gonna be honest is really coward run from Britain when things get dificult, specially knowing that britain give so much to Shinji.
    Well it really don't surprice me that much the forum have a record in making coward moves (the Zouken fiasco).
    As said I'm thinking about the somewhat far off future with Sion as his goal he's unlikely to stay in Britain anyways. Also I don't quite he's being a coward if he chooses to leave as place that doesn't really want him. If he were a coward he'd never have helped Fleur, because that was sure to draw the ire of Britain. Anyway staying in a place that doesn't want him is foolish, there's no way he could help on his own. Now if the revolution happens then that's a different story, but it's not like he knows it's going to happen so for now the best for both parties is just to part ways.

The Fleur thing was never necesary to be involve, you people choose play the playboy game and that cost us a lot of Potion training and rocus in the real focus of this year, it would be coward let Fleur alone after become his bodyguard but I don't see how shinji would be a coward if he never get involve with that in first place.

Sometimes you need to be in places were people don't want you to help them even if they don't want your help, if you choose abandom them now you are nothing more than a coward who run when things become dificult. Britain need Shinji right now or at least need than Shinji don't make the ridiculous in front of the rest of the world.
    And now than you are mention Sion, hope than the rest of the forum focus in her wish about get information of the ancient ruins of the island and don't lose time in Sidequest, this year people forget focus in what really matter and end focus more in dumb sidequest. The least focus we give to the ruins the least useful information we can give to sion.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    The Fleur thing was never necesary to be involve, you people choose play the playboy game and that cost us a lot of Potion training and rocus in the real focus of this year, it would be coward let Fleur alone after become his bodyguard but I don't see how shinji would be a coward if he never get involve with that in first place.

Sometimes you need to be in places were people don't want you to help them even if they don't want your help, if you choose abandom them now you are nothing more than a coward who run when things become dificult. Britain need Shinji right now or at least need than Shinji don't make the ridiculous in front of the rest of the world.
    And now than you are mention Sion, hope than the rest of the forum focus in her wish about get information of the ancient ruins of the island and don't lose time in Sidequest, this year people forget focus in what really matter and end focus more in dumb sidequest. The least focus we give to the ruins the least useful information we can give to sion.
    I never said he would be a coward if he choose to ignore Fleur's situation. I'm just saying that it's not the actions of a coward to get involved there. And I don't think being a "playboy" had anything to do with helping Fleur, at least not for me. She was wronged and there was the choice to step in so I voted for him to do so.

What can one boy do? If the revolution happens he can help, but he doesn't know about that right now. So really he's just making a choice given his current knowledge. Granted, we know about it, but I try to make my choices based on what he knows and not whatever meta knowledge I may have. Aside from that I just pick scenarios I want to see. Either way as said I'm thinking past his school years here, so I'm not against staying here to learn more.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure I would agree with it being cowardly to leave Britain, given that it is pretty obvious that the Ministry and the populace at large don't really want him there. Yes, at one point, the country may have given him many opportunities, but things change, and if they do, one is under no obligation to stay the course.

Cowardice is a fairly strong word for that, given that a coward wouldn't have said no to Zouken in the very heart of the man's workshop, especially not in defense of his principles. Shinji may have made some questionable choices, or felt more than a little cautious about his grandfather's reaction to how the Gala went down, but he's not, strictly speaking, a coward.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    210: Kirie
    211 : Safety and Luck
    212 : Fred Weasley

Choice 213: Shinji has chosen to talk with Fujou Kirie, with Luna striking up a conversation with none other than Fujou Kohaku, with the redhead mentioning some interesting topics, like game hardware, familiars, food and strange lands - specifically, how Luna travels across many of them and how Kohaku plays games as a way to explore them.
    Luna and Kohaku conversing . . . Now I'm scared.

Kohaku mentions that it is a shame that Britain is not allowing mail to be sent from abroad, as she has a few letters she wanted to pass on.

Kirie of course, formally thanks Shinji for his generosity and essentially mentions that if ever he is in need of aid, the Fujou clan is at his service, given the service he has rendered their family.

"I am curious, however. What are your plans for the future, with things as they are in Britain?"

How does Shinji answer? (choose one)

[ ] That he intends to see things through in Britain
    [ ] That he wishes to return to Japan
    [ ] That his plans will see him elsewhere
    [ ] That his plans are at the mercy of the fates
    [ ] (write-in)
    [X] That he intends to see things through in Britain

Under the assumption that we'll get to see a great deal of Japan in the Grail War arc, it would seem rather a waste of a crossover to not bring the story back to Britain to finish up the story threads there.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm counting [x] That he doesnt know if he belongs in Britain as it is now as [ ] That his plans are at the mercy of the fates, thus, we have a TIE. Please resolve it, as I would like to have a chapter up in the next few days.

TIEBREAKER - 213: "I am curious, however. What are your plans for the future, with things as they are in Britain?"

[ ] That his plans will see him elsewhere
    [ ] That his plans are at the mercy of the fates

Choice 214: Fujou Kirie raised an eyebrow at hearing this.

"I see," she noted simply. "And is there anything the Fujou family may do to ease any difficulties you face in times to come?"

[ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; September 15th, 2017 at 01:47 PM.

[x] That his plans are at the mercy of the fates
    [x] (write-in): well since the Potion Tournament is close would be really useful know if the Fujoe Family could help and talk with the Potion Champion of Mahoutokoro to considere make an alliance in the tournament, to secure the creation of the greatest Potion of the history, not matter who brew it.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Elsewhere.

[x] (write-in): well since the Potion Tournament is close would be really useful know if the Fujoe Family could help and talk with the Potion Champion of Mahoutokoro to considere make an alliance in the tournament, to secure the creation of the greatest Potion of the history, not matter who brew it.
    First of all, I am just going to say that telling someone to work with you so that the greatest potion the world has every know can be discover might be going too far in arrogance. I am not so sure one can even state that PoAP would even be considered the greatest potion ever. This statement if some one told me would not be want to work with them as they are promising the moon without having something able to even closely deliver on that wording. Could Ayaka and Shinji make something great, yes of course but not the greatest potion ever.

Second, Shinji is not some great potion person for an alliance with Ayaka to work. He has nothing to offer her other than the book of Potions, and offering that would be throwing the towel into the ring and giving up on winning. She is not a close friend of Shinji, she can tolerate him and respectful of him but she is not his friend. We dug a big hole on that front last year with the familiar trek that we have only now have began to get out to become somewhat distant friends level, like the same level Shinji is with non major Ourea members.

Third, any favor done Fujoe family to push for said alliance would cost them dearly in the Japanese politics, and I am not so sure that Fujoe family after just getting back on their feet has the ability to make this happen without Ayaka wanting this union all ready. And I doubt she wants this because of reason two.

I am going to say this simple statement to everyone about working with Ayaka, if people wanted to work with her as equal partners they needed to have given her the Potions Book, period.

Heck Shinji at this point is better friends with Lestrange, and their gap is not as bad as Ayaka-Shinji is. It would be a hard sell but one that I think she might agree with since she has seen his abilities in part to know that he would add value to her. And its not like Lestrange is somehow inferior to Ayaka when it comes to potions. We just need to pursue this relationship to its end since we laid the groundwork for the two working together with all the Fleur stuff. So yeah I do think in the end all that Fleur stuff was useful because it opened the door for working with Lestrange.

I just wish people would stop shooting for the moon and just go with options that are far more likely to happen that still will yield good results.

Staying with Elsewhere.
    Edit:
    [X] Write in: Nothing at this time on that front, but if Fujou family could keep watch on Fuyuki City since its Second Owner is out of town and can not do it herself, would be helpful.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 15th, 2017 at 11:36 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just so you know, I do need this vote finished before I can start writing. I'll give you all till Monday, and if you want to discuss, you know where to find me.

Change my vote to:

[x]Writte-in: Ask to the Fujuo family the get permission to invite Tohzaka Rin to Mahoutokoro and give her free pass to travel to here. After all as his patron we think than this would help to increase her confidence and show her than there's more of the world out there.

[x] That his plans will see him elsewhere
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; September 16th, 2017 at 10:36 PM.

Change my vote to:

[x]Writte-in: Ask to the Fujuo family the get permission to Tohzaka Rin to Mahoutokoro and give her free pass to travel to here. After all as his patron we think than this would help to increase her confidence and show her than there's more of the world out there.
    Works for me. I will clean up the english a bit and tweak it but I don't think these chances should be a problem. But I will change my vote to

[X] Write in: Ask the Fujuo family to grant permission for Rin to visit Mahoutokoro and to have a rep of the family show her around the city. After all as her patron, it is Shinji's duty to help her grow into the person that she wants to become by exposing her to new places and ideas.

After all Mahoutokoro is the town that made Shinji who he is, why not let Rin learn about the town and to see what it has to offer to her. This will open our options with Rin for future years as well as pave the way for letting Rin learn about the cabinets. FYI Rin is visiting Japan to pick up stuff that she left at her home, so the plan was to use this to expose her to Mahoutokoro and its wonders. It is funny to me that so much of Shinji actions to Rin boils down to giving her the same opportunities that he was given by others.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 17th, 2017 at 01:37 AM.

[x] That his plans will see him elsewhere

It's really a shame, but our devotion to Sion comes first. If Britain would be in the way - farewell then.

And i think i'll second Rin's pass to wizarding Japan -

[X] Write in: Ask the Fujuo family to grant permission for Rin to visit Mahoutokoro and to have a rep of the family show her around the city. After all as her patron, it is Shinji's duty to help her grow into the person that she wants to become by exposing her to new places and ideas.