Page 244 of 252 FirstFirst ... 144194234239242243244245246249 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 5026

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

  1. #4861
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,036
    After some thought here, I think I need to change my vote to [X]His scythe - use flow-walking to get in among them and reap a harvest of blood

    Its not about what is the coolest action or what we would prefer on working on but what is the most effective counter to wizards. And that is for the most part, their lack of close combat skills. I can get behind this or the pertfrication spells. This does not seem like a good moment to throw Ofuda around as it is a good force multiplier but does Shinji really need to waste his hard made ofuda here? On these scum? Come on.

    And yes at some point I would like to unlock Shikigami but that not likely to be top priorty to me as there is just so many things that Shinji needs to work on after this island adventure.

  2. #4862
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    674
    Change my vote to:

    [X]His scythe - use flow-walking to get in among them and reap a harvest of blood

  3. #4863
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,756
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 406: [X] His scythe - use flow-walking to get in among them and reap a harvest of blood




    Choice 407: In Britain, it was accepted as a truism that combat apparition could only be used by the most skilled and powerful of practitioners, as the level of concentration required to ensure that one did not splinch oneself during apparition was...difficult to sustain during a duel, much less the chaos of a battlefield. Granted, it was possible for a force to apparate into a position to ambush another, or for individuals to try and flee - which was why any army of practitioners who controlled an area tended to cast anti-apparition charms and anti-disapparition jinxes - but once battle was joined, it was considered at best, impractical, and at worst, suicidal to actually use apparition in combat unless you had talent on par with legends like Grindelwald, Dumbledore, or Voldemort.

    Which was why no one expected Matou Shinji to blink away from his position, only to reappear in the middle of the group of black-cloaked figures, his scythe crackling with dark energies as he spun about, its cold edge slicing through cloth, flesh, bone, and soul. The lucky ones - the practitioners of witchcraft caught up in the attack - didn't have time to realize what was happening before they were cut down, their very lives devoured by his weapon.

    The unlucky ones - just outside the maximum radius of his length-shifting scythe - could only look on in horror as the golden-eyed demon rose from the aftermath of his initial strike, his lips curled into a vicious grin as he looked at them, a storm of paper bursting from his form to obscure his outline.

    Spellbeams tore through the air, torrents of red, green, and purple seeking to put an end to the death that walked among them, yet none of them connected.

    Some struck ofuda and were absorbed, turned aside, or reflected.

    Some struck a bulwark of earth and were nullified.

    Some passed through empty air, as the demon was no longer there.

    One moment he'd stood among the severed limbs of their comrades, amidst the crimson rain. The next...he was among them once again, and they could not apparate away.

    The practitioners, fell back in all directions, thinking that he couldn't be in more than one place at a time, their wands barking out powerful spells that tore great gouges in the battlefield.

    Bombarda.

    Confringo.

    Fiendfyre.

    The demon flashed forward, through the storm of spells, his scythe rising and falling, rising and falling again and again, as abruptly strangled screams rent the empty air - until there were no more practitioners around him.

    Only a swarm of black cloaked figures who had never lived and could not die

    Dementors.

    How will Shinji face these, knowing full well that there are some practitioners who managed to get away, and may try to provide fire support while he is otherwise engaged?

    [ ] (write-in)

  4. #4864
    Ideas:

    - Ofuda arrays to create barriers/traps

    - Break their line of sight with Earth obstructions.

    - Use superior speed to dictate the rules of engagement, harassing the Dementors and leading away from their fire support.

    - Zelkova's Bounded fields

    - Reliance on our ally to provide destruction... I mean, distraction.

    Channel Dark Side through scythe as a basis for attack.
    Last edited by Malorius; October 11th, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

  5. #4865
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    674
    [ ] (write-in):
    Reagroup with Luna and Rin, tell Rin to use a burst of gandr agaist the last deatheaters while Shinji use flow walking and to kill the deatheaters from behind while they are distracted from her atack, tell Luna to deflect any atack from the deatheaters directed to her and Rin and if is necesary cast the Patronus spell to keep both safe from the dementors until all the last deatheathers are death.

    Lets kill all the minions first before we go against the sub boss.
    Hope Luna's Patronus work to buy us some time.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; October 11th, 2018 at 08:46 PM.

  6. #4866
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,036
    [X] (write-in):
    Tell Rin to stay far away from the dementors and focus on the last of the deatheaters. Shinji will deal with the Dementors by
    Petrifying them. Earth/seals Ofuda as backup to support containing them.

    Remember that Rin is going to be super effectived by the Dementors as she has never faced them before. So she is likely to be mostly useless in this even if maybe her magic could affect them. Still maybe telling her to focus on the deatheaters and stay far away from the dementors will help

    I am not sure if Petrifying them works but given everything we know about them, they are not magic resist to the point that I would suspect that this would not work. After all, even ghost can be petrified. Wand spells might not work on them since their nature is vastly different but I suspect that very little people had the power of petrifying to test to see if this was a vulnerability of them. After all, who has pet Basilisks?

    Turn them into stone and then use that stone to kill the wizards left.

    I assume Luna can cast patronus but she is fairly young still so maybe she can't. But for all her yang powers I would assume this is fairly easy for her.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; October 13th, 2018 at 09:00 PM.

  7. #4867
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,756
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I assume Luna can cast patronus but she is fairly young still so maybe she can't. But for all her yang powers I would assume this is fairly easy for her.
    She's also busy keeping the bulk of the British Army locked down non-lethally, preventing them from entering the fray. This, as you might imagine, takes a good bit of concentration.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  8. #4868
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    674
    [X] (write-in):
    Tell Rin to stay far away from the dementors and focus on the last of the deatheaters. Shinji will deal with the Dementors by Petrifying them. Earth/seals Ofuda as backup to support containing them.


    Hey alf how much Luna can assist shinji in battle.

  9. #4869
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,756
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 407: [x] Tell Rin to stay far away from the dementors and focus on the last of the deatheaters. Shinji will deal with the Dementors by Petrifying them. Earth/seals Ofuda as backup to support containing them.




    Hey alf how much Luna can assist shinji in battle.
    She can help shield them/herself, or use simple things like wind blades which don't impair her concentration too much.




    Choice 408: Shinji shouts his warning, with Tohsaka acknowledging with a nod. Without another word, she blurs, her body hurtling forward as she slams a gandr-charged fist into the groin of one of the black-cloaked practitioners that had managed to escape the boy's onslaught, sending him flying far further than a grown man should after being hit by a small fourteen year old girl.

    'What the...? Was that the Mystic code she was working on? The glasses?'

    She'd mentioned something about using gravitic anchors in battle, as well as manipulating her weight to deal more damage in melee, but he hadn't really thought about it too much, since the one she'd been working with for melee combat practice was Pansy. Either way, she seemed to have things dealt with, so Shinji turned to the more pressing foes.

    The dementors.

    By his will, spikes of earth rose to impale them, yet very few fell victim to his assault, as they floated, drifted around them, meaning he could not immediately petrify them, as he needed to touch them to do so. And the one he did impale...it bent down, its maw opening as it drank the energy out of the earth, and the spike crumpled.

    Off in the corner of his vision, Shinji saw Tohsaka stagger to a halt as a jet of purple flame swept over her, with the enemy - an older witch with a crazed expression - having anticipated where she would go next. The earth exploded around her, with sods of dirt being flung into the air - and then transforming to knives which hurtled down at the girl.

    What does Shinji do?

    [ ] Stop the Dementors
    [ ] Save Rin
    [ ] Shout for someone to help
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  10. #4870
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    674
    [ ] Save Rin

    So bellatrix is already here.

    So alf how many deatheaters are left.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; October 14th, 2018 at 01:05 AM.

  11. #4871
    Save the girl or save the innocent-ish people? Why, it's almost like we haven't made this choice half a dozen times already!

    [x] Save Rin

    Unless we can actually use [ ] Shout for someone to help to ask Luna to support Rin, I'm dubious about that option.

    ...Can we?

  12. #4872
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,756
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    You can shout and have Luna act to support Rin.

    And no, you haven't quite made this choice, as its more complicated than that. If you go and save Rin as opposed to fighting the very real threat of the dementors, they will surge towards Luna.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  13. #4873
    [x] Stop the Dementors.

    Fair points.
    Last edited by Daiki; October 14th, 2018 at 07:17 PM.

  14. #4874
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,756
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    So alf how many deatheaters are left.
    A handful - though these would be elites.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  15. #4875
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,036
    So my choices are, ignore Rin and let her maybe get hurt but deal with one threat. Help Rin and have Luna swarmed by dementors stopping her from locking down the B. Army. Or Stop Luna from locking down the B. Army to help Rin and then get everyone attacked by the now free Army.

    Sigh

    [X] Stop the Dementors

    I am sorry Rin but we need to get rid of these ASAP. I will trust that Rin can at least defend herself at this moment. Luna is too important in holding back a much bigger force for us to call her into action here. Unless there is someone else around to help Rin.

  16. #4876
    And no, you haven't quite made this choice, as its more complicated than that. If you go and save Rin as opposed to fighting the very real threat of the dementors, they will surge towards Luna.
    Don't force me to choose between waifus, Alf; my heart can't take such strain! ...Wait, we (by "we" I, of course, mean, "I") have the One True Waifu decided already, -accept no substitutes. Wew, alerts aborted.

    And let the waifus sort themselves out!

    [X] Stop the Dementors

    This is the greater threat. Holding the reinforcements on both fronts is almost of equal value, but I still see the intervention of Death Eaters as a lesser threat. They are not idiots, as soon as their main weapon will be dealt with, they will retreat; which cannot be said about British forces. So letting Rin fight alone is a go, yeah.

    More seriously, we are kinda dealing with an immensely shitty situation. One person against an army? One against elite killer squad? One against the wave of eldrich monstrosities from outer space?! That's some pretty Heroic odds we are talking. Yet lets not forget that most people can't constantly surpass their limits, shounen style, so they die when overwhelmed and wounded. Why did we think it would be a good idea to come here so underprepared again? Ah, yes, plot, right. Well, time to choose which priority is greater. And who gets to live.

    Do you feel like a hero yet, Shinji?
    Last edited by Malorius; October 14th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.

  17. #4877
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    674
    [ ] Stop the Dementors

    Yep better take care of the dementors now.
    Ok done.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; October 14th, 2018 at 06:18 PM.

  18. #4878
    Nope, apparently Shinji can't use his mouth separately from the rest of his body. It ruins the fragile balance of his brain functions and he inevitably falls into coma.

    So your vote is invalid.

  19. #4879
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,756
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 408: [x] Stop the Dementors




    Choice 409: The boy makes his choice, and the dream shifts, with his surroundings changing around him until it is nearly unrecognizable, until he stands in utter darkness, with the only light coming from shards of reality spinning around him, fragments - all that remain of choices made and possibilities brought to a premature end.

    'Where am I?'
    he wonders, but there is no answer. There can't be, not here, not in this place where things like light, sound and thought are foreign interlopers, where there is no life, no meaning save the possibilities constrained within the shards.

    "You are not meant to be here," a voice speaks in the darkness, as metaphysical reality bends around a dreaming mind. He cannot see who it is, nor recognize who is speaking, although it seems familiar on a level. "At least, not yet."

    "...does the word yet have a meaning in this place?" the boy asks, the corners of his lips twitching downwards.

    "Only to the extent that you believe it does. That we believe it does. But then, we are both unmoored from the anchors of the world. Of Alaya, that is."

    "Unmoored?" Shinji echoes, finding the word disturbing on a level he doesn't quite understand. "What do you mean unmoored?"

    "An existence that flickers from moment to moment, from possibility to possibility. Unfixed yet not adrift. Seeing memories of what has not yet been, as other yous see realities that will never be, fractured as your futures are, and even more, your past."

    "My past?"

    "What may yet come to pass when infinite possibilities collapse to singularity."

    "But how...the future isn't the past, and..." the boy's words trailed off. "What do you mean collapse to singularity?"

    "Humans ever wish for second chances, but some lead only to regret when the river runs backwards."
    "I don't...I don't understand."

    "You will."

    "Why--"

    "Because, Matou Shinji, you are the one who asked me to tell you this."


    "What, no I..." The boy's eyes narrowed, as some things began to make sense. "When?"

    "You begin to see."

    "...this isn't really helpful."

    "And yet I cannot be more so, lest possibility once again become singularity. There are things amuck beyond you, yet it is you who must choose, cursed with free will as you are. Be mindful of the visions, the dreams of what might be, yet know that you are not yet bound by what they show."

    "...I don't know," the boy said doubtfully. "They--"

    "They are a path you walked before, yet who knows if you will walk that path again? Always you leave behind only fragments, hardly enough to build a world from."

    "One can try."

    "One can. But for now, you will awaken. Take heed - that you succeeded once is no guarantee you will succeed again, and yet you must, lest all you know be lost."

    And with that, the boy awoke, his consciousness hurled back into his body as he opened his eyes.

    How should George deal with Viktor Krum?

    [ ] Crush him with his powers
    [ ] Toy with him
    [ ] Duel him one on one
    [ ] Don't - swarm the Durmstrang Champion with troops, while clearing a path for them with his magic
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  20. #4880
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,036
    I suspect that the crowd wants the duel. Especially the Pro-British people, but screw them. George has nothing he needs to prove here or to them. I am torn between throwing wave after wave of pawns or crushing him with powers. George has nothing to really prove to others so wave idea might be best to hide his skills. But George is also here to test himself and push himself.

    Flipping a coin here.

    [X] Don't - swarm the Durmstrang Champion with troops, while clearing a path for them with his magic


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •