Page 225 of 299 FirstFirst ... 125175215220223224225226227230235275 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Acquintances, former friends vote!

[x] George Weasley
    [X] Harry Potter

I worry about them and want a look at how Britain is doing.

It is a curious thing how vastly they have changed compared to their 1st year.
    Last edited by sileaf; August 9th, 2018 at 05:25 AM.

Just acquaintances, huh? I mean, if we discard all unnecessary appearances (and stretch things ju-u-ust a little), in the end we have chosen to chase beautiful women over remaining faithful to our OTBrotherhood. Truly, no friendship can survive such a challenge.

Isn't it sad, Sacchin?.. Wait, the wrong universe. (Or is it?)

I can't really call them friends with how they now treated one another.
    A bit shame to see how their friendship is in tatters and I question how different they become and I do wonder if any of them ever thought of why their friendship are falling apart.

It will be quite ironic and sad if Harry 'cut' down Shinji due to politic when it is Shinji who influenced him to chase his ambition to be a hero.

Their clash will be delicious though if it gets dramatic.

Shinji is a boy in puberty...so normal behaviour,really
    He just need to learn to differentiate his feeling.

I feel we are going to get "rebel scum" path with how it is with Britain.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    [ ] George Weasley
    [ ] Harry Potter

[x] George Weasley
    [X] Harry Potter

Quote Originally Posted by sileaf View Post
    I can't really call them friends with how they now treated one another.
    A bit shame to see how their friendship is in tatters and I question how different they become and I do wonder if any of them ever thought of why their friendship are falling apart.

It will be quite ironic and sad if Harry 'cut' down Shinji due to politic when it is Shinji who influenced him to chase his ambition to be a hero.
    Well we are likely two years away for the end of the road, final nail in the coffin. But based on a dream in But for a Stone in Chapter 12, this will not end in Harry cutting Shinji down but the other way after Shinji fought Harry and won and extended a peace offering. Only Harry uses the peace offering to attack Shinji, which forces Shinji to go cold Magus on Harry, ending the Boy-who-lived.

Now a dream might just be a dream, but with the timey-wimey shenanigans that awaits us in Year 6, I suspect not. After all Shinji in Year 3 dreamed about what turned out to be the attack at the Quidditch Tournament and without realizing it saw Hillard's death.

But yeah the tale of the two 11yr boys that arrived to a magical school of wonder as friends, ending up as bitter enemies in the future is a tale of woe that I suspect that will have its own play soon enough, written by who ever wins the final conflict.

Shinji made Harry who he is today, pushed him into being a slytherin as well as into the role of being the people's hero. But you can also argue that Harry influenced Shinji in turn. Just that Harry's influence pales in comparison to Sokaris's influence on Shinji.

I am sure that Harry thinks about what the heck is going on with Shinji as he might understand where Shinji might be coming from but the thing is Harry can't truly understand anything about Shinji since Harry has no way of knowing the motives of Shinji cause he has no idea about Sion.

And if thinking about Shinji-Harry current relationship was painful, consider what was the last time that Shinji ever thought about Fred and the state that he left him in. I am not sure Fred has ever crossed his mind since that final moment where he took Fred's magic from him. That fact saids a lot to me about Shinji's mindstate. At one point I thought we might use this island to find a solution for Fred. Considering how little Shinji cares about Fred at the moment, I doubt that Shinji discovering or being handed a solution to Fred's issue would act on it as he would not realize what he had.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    But yeah the tale of the two 11yr boys that arrived to a magical school of wonder as friends, ending up as bitter enemies in the future is a tale of woe that I suspect that will have its own play soon enough, written by who ever wins the final conflict.
    With supporting character Hermione Granger, playing the role of the noble heroine/vile traitoress "Luna Lovegood" no doubt.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The people have spoken

Choice 370: Final TriWizard Event POV: [x] George Weasley; Britain POV: [x] Harry Potter

Choice 371: Assuming that I am gracious enough to allow you an extra POV for Tri-Wizard, and Britain, who?

Final TriWizard Event POV

[ ] Fleur Delacour
    [ ] Viktor Krum
    [ ] One of the "projections"

Britain POV

[ ] Lucius Malfoy
    [ ] Gilderoy Lockhart
    [ ] Pansy Parkinson
    [ ] Draco Malfoy
    [ ] Fred Weasley
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Well we are likely two years away for the end of the road, final nail in the coffin. But based on a dream in But for a Stone in Chapter 12, this will not end in Harry cutting Shinji down but the other way after Shinji fought Harry and won and extended a peace offering. Only Harry uses the peace offering to attack Shinji, which forces Shinji to go cold Magus on Harry, ending the Boy-who-lived.

Now a dream might just be a dream, but with the timey-wimey shenanigans that awaits us in Year 6, I suspect not. After all Shinji in Year 3 dreamed about what turned out to be the attack at the Quidditch Tournament and without realizing it saw Hillard's death.
    sounds like a nice way to fake death and do so with a bang. What a way to have entire british wizarding world as witness. Though that would need Harry's cooperation.

Can the mantle fake dead body? with no pulse and all.

Shinji made Harry who he is today, pushed him into being a slytherin as well as into the role of being the people's hero. But you can also argue that Harry influenced Shinji in turn. Just that Harry's influence pales in comparison to Sokaris's influence on Shinji.
    With supporting character Hermione Granger, playing the role of the noble heroine/vile traitoress "Luna Lovegood" no doubt.
    Hey, that sounds like good ol' legend with sappy cliches.
    Harry already have one and by being a prominent figure in his life will secure Shinji's existent in it.

is it possible to achieve one? just because it will be something to pursue.

it is just like Shinji to deprived himself for his friends. He gives and gives and left himself with nothing.
    (seriously, Shinji, stop channeling Shirou. he is a bad influence on you)

Harry isn't as bad as the twins yet and giving him one last parting gift are rather fitting.
    Shinji plays the role of antagonist/villain that Britain has pushed him to be and at this point it is hard to change the course
    Might as well use their own ploy in the way we want by dictating how Shinji will leave britain...he will be remembered
    (better yet if he gets to get his point across)
    plus as a side effect, if he play it in the right direction, he might be able to shift Britain's propaganda to a different direction (hmm better if he can have a talk with Harry about this)

I am sure that Harry thinks about what the heck is going on with Shinji as he might understand where Shinji might be coming from but the thing is Harry can't truly understand anything about Shinji since Harry has no way of knowing the motives of Shinji cause he has no idea about Sion.
    Those two need to talk. Honestly, most problem can be avoided if they have a proper talk and settle their grievance with one another.
    (not necessarily reveal Shion, but Shinji can just say he found a patron and want to leave Britain for a place that will accept him)
    it will mean that Harry won't have to hesitate and hold back by his guilt that his action is shredding his friends, instead, it is going to be mutual cooperation.

well, Shinji will need a new identity which the mantle can easily provide part of, afterward.
    Break his family's chain once and for all by discarding himself, the identity of Matou Shinji and create a new one.

==================
    Tldr: Random idea about staging Shinji's exit from Britain Wizarding World in a way that benefit him and Harry.
    Plus getting himself a ballad or a tale about the entire debacle.

- - - Updated - - -

[] One of the "projections"
    Who? the fact it is a choice caught my attention.

ah, a proper view on wizarding world, might be best to pick those with wider insight
    [X] Lucius Malfoy
    him or Lockhart, really, Lockhart is even more impersonal.
    I picked Lucious because it will give insight on what I want to know.
    what Britain is actually planning and their movement, so Shinji can start dodging or countering their attack.
    you can't dodge what you don't see coming.

Edit: amended
    [X] Viktor Krum
    [X] Gilderoy Lockhart
    Last edited by sileaf; August 10th, 2018 at 10:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    [ ] Fleur Delacour

[ ] Fred Weasley

[x] Thanks, but no thanks.

I am sure all those other characters are having fun outside of spotlight but we will surely learn about it if we ever interact with them again. (If we will be interested, of course.)

The "projections" choice makes me recall SEELE. Curious.

I didn't think it was hard to remember but the Projections is just the copy of person helping the Tri-wizard champions such as Shinji in the case of George.

[X] Fleur Delacour
    [X] Gilderoy Lockhart

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes. The projections are emulated versions of the Champion's chosen companion who they will have available to assist them during the Final Task.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 371: Final TriWizard Event POV - [x] Fleur Delacour; Britain POV: [x] Gilderoy Lockhart

Choice 372:
    What kind of ofuda will Shinji make?

[ ] Flow
    [ ] Elemental
    [ ] Flashbang
    [ ] Sealing
    [ ] (write-in)

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Leave the choice of ofuda up to Elesa to allow him to support her as best as he can.

[x] Leave the choice of ofuda up to Elesa to allow him to support her as best as he can

[x] Leave the choice of ofuda up to Elesa to allow him to support her as best as he can

Yeah, they will be based on her briefing this way

Sounds good but if I had to pick an option, I would say Sealing followed by Elemental. He needs Ofuda that can be used to against enemies rather than say more Flow ofuda (not that more of them would be unwelcome).

So quick to give up agency.

Guys, do you understand that each of our choices has some level of impact on Shinji? Most have little meaning for his character, but a vote like "QM, it's too hard for me to choose, pls halp" can lead only to more IC indecisiveness, from my questing experience. And it's not like Shinji is a beacon of confidence thanks to our voting pattern.

[x] Sealing

Spirits are ahead, definitely; it's useful against other stuff too. Better milk the unique properties of our craft for all they are worth.

Alf, why are we given the choice before the briefing? Won't the new information influence our opinion?
    Last edited by Malorius; August 12th, 2018 at 01:35 AM.

I am voting it because I don't know the content of the briefing.

If I am to blind vote, I will take elemental.