Page 273 of 299 FirstFirst ... 173223263268271272273274275278283 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As for enchanted underarmor/clothing, this is a fully customized set designed for Matou Shinji in his current form that can be worn in broad daylight / under a set of robes or outerwear. Compared to the Illuminati outfit, it lacks flexibility in that it cannot be reprogrammed later, and only boosts two attributes to a substantial degree (e.g. speed, might, vitality, emission control, etc).

...however, the magnitude of these boosts is rather higher than you'd get out of the basic agent armor, as it has no need to be flexible.

In addition, by default, the outfit includes gloves and socks made of salamander skin and otherwise is created from materials from an earth elemental, ensuring that Shinji is never without a Mystic Code when he is wearing the outfit (amplifies earth and fire-based spellpower and control)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Are we going to be able to reprogram the Illuminati suit whenever we want or a one time setting?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracueri View Post
    Are we going to be able to reprogram the Illuminati suit whenever we want or a one time setting?
    You don't know the method to do it, and you don't have the ability to break its DRM, so for now, one time setup.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[x] Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented.

Maybe I was too spoiled by the Temple, but none of those sound too important. Or at least, currently impactful. We have our enhancing armor, Belt and a legendary Earth focus already. There are portkeys and other convenient way to travel (like planes, seriously). But of the two popular options, access to techniques is the least redundant, so I'll go for it.

I would have gladly taken a spare body for Rin, but after Touko's last series of "you are worthless, girl" I don't trust it to remain secret. And if it comes out before it saves her life, Rin's self-esteem will take another hit, which, in combination with Scarab for her protection, might be too hard for her to deal with. This conflict is supposed to help her, not push her even more with our coddling.

On the other hand, I really don't want her to die.

[ ] A custom puppet modeled after Tohsaka, with the same functionality as her old Aoko puppet

Alf, is this puppet capable of storing Rin in case she dies, or is it going to be a separate entity under our command? (Like the original Aoko Puppet.)
    Last edited by Malorius; January 21st, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented(choose twice)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    [ ] A custom puppet modeled after Tohsaka, with the same functionality as her old Aoko puppet

Alf, is this puppet capable of storing Rin in case she dies, or is it going to be a separate entity under our command? (Like the original Aoko Puppet.)
    Separate entity under your command. If you want a backup for Rin, you have to request that instead as a write-in.

[x] Royalty-free access to techniques she's patented.
    [x] Write-in: A puppet body for Tousaka, the most vulnerable and inexperienced of your allies

Instead of getting better version of the equipment we already have, we should make use of Touko's unique skillset, I think. Even if Rin never asked for this.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Royalty-free access to a technique she's patented x2

Blog Entries
    Know what? That patented methods choice is too unique and valuable to pass on it, for both Shinji and Rin.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 452: 2x [x] Royalty-free access to a technique she's patented (may be chosen twice)

Choice 453: On hearing this, Touko raises one eyebrow fractionally.

"I see," she notes calmly, almost impassively. "So that we are both clear about what you are getting from this, I will either give one legal entity an irrevocable, perpetual license to use two of my patented techniques as it sees fit, with no restrictions as to commercial use, reverse engineering, or transferring of this license in the future - or I will grant two legal entities a similarly unrestricted license to use one of my techniques. Which will it be?"

[ ] Two techniques to one legal entity
    [ ] Two entities accessing one technique each

"So be it," Aozaki Touko observes. "What techniques and who is to benefit, then? Mind you, this will be available to anyone who cares to search, since I will be filing the relevant paperwork with the Clock Tower's Patent Office."

[ ] (write-in combination of entity and technique(s) - i.e. [ ] Tohsaka Rin - Etheric At)

Techniques:
    [ ] Anchor Attraction method
    [ ] Curse-driven Perpetual Energy Method

Possible beneficiaries:

[ ] Matou Shinji
    [ ] Tohsaka Rin
    [ ] Other person (write-in)
    [ ] LeShin (Shinji's fashion house)
    [ ] Another newly incorporated entity
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 21st, 2019 at 04:17 PM.

[ ] Two entities accessing one technique each

[ ] Tohsaka Rin [ ] Anchor Attraction method

[ ]. LeShin [ ] Anchor Attraction method
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 21st, 2019 at 04:01 PM.

Proposal: We start a new Company. Maybe a shell or holdings Company, could turn into a real company, that part does not fully matter at the moment. We make Luna the public official Head of it, while the two share the company together. Rin can gain access to all of this by becoming an employee on paper. This entity will be a privately held company, so it is not like it will need to answer to anyone else here. If you use LeShin it has another person that is in the mix. Which is a bit messy. And all of this keeps Shinji having to disclose his name to CT. And it has the nice benefit of pushing Shinji into staying on Luna's good side.

Sure this makes Rin likely to not want to lose this connection so in a way it makes her need to at least stay in good terms with both Shinji and Luna. AKA Rin play nice with the Waifu.

[X] Two techniques to one legal entity
    [X] Another newly incorporated entity - Anchor Attraction method AND Curse-driven Perpetual Energy Method

And it has the nice benefit of pushing Shinji into staying on Luna's good side.
    I have to say, even if I don't agree with pushing such reasoning, can't help but admire the mental gymnastics it took to arrive to it. I hesitate to remember the last time I have seen the players attempting to twist the arm of author in writing characterization in such manner, so it's even more amusing for it's novelty. ( Not that it's really necessary since Luna will be on forefront of waifu list, right until her tragic early death. I'm onto you, Alf.)

Or maybe I've spend too much time shadowrunning today, heh.

[X] Another newly incorporated entity - Anchor Attraction method AND Curse-driven Perpetual Energy Method

First, Luna as a CEO, then a war hero (in the hystory books we'll write for the Ministry we'll help to organize, of course), and finally - the Minister of Magic. Good job, SL, I knew you would see things my way eventually!
    Last edited by Malorius; January 21st, 2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    I have to say, even if I don't agree with pushing such reasoning, can't help but admire the mental gymnastics it took to arrive to it.
    Not fully being serious as Shinji does not need a reason to stay loyal to her. It was more a sly way to ensure WE stay loyal cause you would not want to lose this all, right? I was more using it as insurance against said thoughts.

Blog Entries
    [X] Two techniques to one legal entity.

I quite like the idea too. I think Luna works perfectly as the face of the business since she is a mere witch, someone the Tower will not care overly much about. And since Rin, Touko's official disciple, will be working there, it makes sense that the puppeteer would share the patents with them.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 453:

"I see, a corporate entity. I see your time on the isle has not completely addled your senses," Touko stated with a hint of approval. "For a moment I thought you were going to simply sign over a license to the Tohsaka girl you seem so besotted with."

"I'm not besotted," Shinji began to protest. "I just--"

But the puppeteer waved away his words as if they were merely hot air.

"Frankly, brat, I don't really care about your love life," she remarked, looking at the boy almost as he were an insect under a magnifying glass. "So long as my...current provisional apprentice pays for the property she has destroyed and compensates me for having wasted my time with her stubbornness, it matters not."

"Property she has...ah, destroyed?" Shinji echoed.

"Yes," Touko confirmed. "Compared to her, you were a model apprentice."

Knowing that he had been anything but that, Shinji suddenly felt very worried for how Tohsaka was doing under Aozaki-sensei, but decided that ultimately it wasn't any of his business. It made no sense to purposefully annoy a powerful magus, after all.

"For the current paperwork, I will need a name for your new...company," the puppeteer continued. "And the Tower will expect a copy of the Corporate Charter within 90 days."

"...understood," Shinji grunted.

"A free piece of advice, you should not be the corporate representative."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Have you already forgotten your Einzbern problem?"

"...oh." Ah, yes, there was that minor issue.

"Indeed. So then, a name?"

"Ah....Moon Tree," the boy offered, with Touko shrugging and writing it down.

"And the corporate representative?" Touko asked. "I will need a signature from...whoever this is when I draw up the documents."

"...would Luna work?" Shinji asked, with the puppeteer nodding slowly.

"I don't see a reason why not," the redhead replied, jotting down these bits of info. "And you wanted licenses for both the Anchor Attraction method and the Curse-driven Perpetual Energy Method?"

Shinji nodded.

"Very well. I will have some documents for you and Miss Lovegood to look over and sign before you leave the island," the puppeteer told him. "Now, did you have any other business to discuss before we turn to CAS matters?"

Choice 454: Well?

[ ] Yes - he'd like to trade her an item for something she offered before
    [ ] Yes - he would like to offer an item to wipe out Tohsaka's debts
    [ ] No - onto CAS business

Choice 454a: And if trading, what do you offer? (choose all you wish)

[ ] Blood of the Echo of the Moon
    [ ] Mystic Eye Killer Contacts (from Mashu)
    [ ] Illuminati Agent Outfit
    [ ] Unrestricted Access to his POAP recipe
    [ ] Cord of Stubborn Resolve
    [ ] Indentured Servitude of (specify length)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 21st, 2019 at 06:34 PM.

[X] Yes - he'd like to trade her an item for something she offered before

[X] Blood of the Echo of the Moon

Sorry Rin I am not in the business of wiping out your debts to Touko quite yet. Shinji paid off his own debts to her, you can do the same. In fact Shinji paid off his teacher's debts as well.

I am just going to remind people that Contacts are not interesting to her since she made them. It has minor value to her outside reselling them. Please keep them. And the PoAP rights would just be sold to another person if you give it to her. Please don't pick that.

Just give her the blood.

Edit: Ok given the Suit destroys itself due to DRM (unless Touko is really good), best just keep it and make it company property if it becomes extra. Mmmm make it company property is going to be my new answer to everything. Likely it would go to Rin for use, but only if she signs on.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 21st, 2019 at 11:08 PM.

Hey Alf if Rin become co-founder (along side Luna) of the company would that mean the company would get access to the tohsaka patents?

] Yes - he'd like to trade her an item for something she offered before

[ ] Blood of the Echo of the Moon

[ ] Illuminati Agent Outfit

[ ] Cord of Stubborn Resolve
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 21st, 2019 at 10:50 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skulkidcachi90 View Post
    Hey Alf can we give her the last vial of POAP?.
    If you would like.

Blog Entries
    [x] Yes - he'd like to trade her an item for something she offered before.
    [x] Blood of the Echo of the Moon.

About the only item I'm willing to trade (either for the custom under armor set or the Gandr Shot enhancement)