Page 286 of 299 FirstFirst ... 186236276281284285286287288291296 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

JP Friend Code
    [X] Relax in the hot spring (invite Luna)

There may be an interesting encounter. If not, Shinji gets a nice moment of (desperately needed) relaxation and quiet before his gathering, alone or with his partner.

[X] Talk to the Press

This is the last time in a good while we get to speak to international journalists, might as well take the chance to clear some things up now that we're a bit more focused.

[x] Organize a last, private (away from the press), toast / gathering - inviting the surviving champions and their guests to rekindle the spirit of friendship and fair competition.

As long as Shinji doesn't drink a drop and he gets to talk with each of the champions (and some of their guests), it's fine. This also eliminates the need to go looking for Gabs and Lestrange, and having all remaining champions together in a casual mood does sound like something that might help cheer Ka'au a bit. Also Shinji gets to spend a bit more time with Luna in a nice enough setting before all of tomorrow's craziness.

So, no comments about Illuminati outfits projecting pseudo-digital interfaces straight into your eye/mind in 1995? Most people still worked with DOS at that point, come on. I won't even touch the parts involving mage-/witchcraft necessary to actualize that.

Anyway, as cool as that outfit is, we need to make an effort to not wear it in the vicinity of classified Atlas stuff. Obviously, never wearing it in Sion's presence.

This equipment is much more convoluted than I expected, it seems.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 15th, 2019 at 03:28 AM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    So, no comments about Illuminati outfits projecting pseudo-digital interfaces straight into your eye/mind in 1995? Most people still worked with DOS at that point, come on. I won't even touch the parts involving mage-/witchcraft necessary to actualize that.
    While this is true for most people, Xerox did have a workstation which was quite sophisticated for its time (1973), given that it had things like windows, icons, ethernet based networks, networked print services, etc. And they did give a few to the Department of Defense, among others...

I will note that this kind of interface projection (and neural interfacing) isn't unknown, with the Grail War having incorporated such things for a couple centuries now. Recall that Masters in the Holy Grail War get something in their mind to keep track of their Servant's status, as well as record information about others they've encountered. For Shirou, this takes the form of the status screen you see in FSN, which suggests he likes playing RPGs, though for someone like Rin, she sees a book with pages, suitable for her experience.

If you really think about it, magic crests aren't that dissimilar in how they provide someone who has had them implanted with the ability to use certain spells and techniques they've never really learned, as these grafted circuits function as essentially a secondary computational organ, in which various techniques (programs) have been installed.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

So is it a case of subconscious adjustment to Shinji's expectations - which bears the question of his experience with such interface - or is it the Glorious American OS? Combination of both works, I guess.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    So is it a case of subconscious adjustment to Shinji's expectations - which bears the question of his experience with such interface - or is it the Glorious American OS? Combination of both works, I guess.
    Glorious American OS + a bit of expectation shift from the bit of First Age information in his head and the haptic display of the terminals in the temple.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Glorious American OSIt should henceforth be named Glam OS, as I am sure it is very glamorous. And nothing is more american than to have it share its name with a type of rock music.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 15th, 2019 at 07:59 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 477: [x] Visit Gabrielle and Lestrange; [x] Talk to the Press; [x] Organize a last, private (away from the press), toast / gathering - inviting the surviving champions and their guests to rekindle the spirit of friendship and fair competition.

Choice 478: What would you like to do for the gathering?

[ ] (write-in)

Choice 479: Do you ask anyone for help?

[ ] Yes, (write-in)
    [ ] No

[x] Abstain

Why are we doing this again? Let's attempt to avoid looking even more of a hedonistic underaged thrill-seeker. That's my only desire here.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 17th, 2019 at 05:29 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, this is what you all voted for...

My vote was different, so. I don't see much reason in such course of action, it seems like nothing more than a token effort replacing a much more viable date with Luna. Although, admittedly, my priorities here were about PR and finally talking with Gabrielle.

[x] A bar stand and card games on the shore. A lot of alcohol, absolutely.

[x] Ask Luna to serve as an exotic dancer.

Let's get the ball rolling already.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 17th, 2019 at 04:28 PM.

That you constantly show impatience Malorius irritates me somewhat, BC is fairly fast in its updates. If you want to go faster you could help suggest ideas. But no you just vote intentionally stupid shit in lashing out. That you do not care about a choice that you did not choose is fair and I get that, but I don't see how voting this way helps anything. Just complain like a normal person.

If I felt you were just joking around, it would be one thing. But the way I interpret your tone that is not the case. I really loathe this behavior.

I was letting Daiki come up with this gathering as it was his idea. Now I been pondering what we should do here, but I was thinking maybe some gathering at the hospital to cheer Ka'au up. The issue I have is that he is in the hospital and whatever we do here needs to include him which leads me to thinking its best to have some party there.

And if you are going to go that route, then Remona is the logical choice to help set this up. But would that event draw the rest of the champions? Anyone else have ideas here?
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 17th, 2019 at 11:16 PM.

???

Its not like I'm strategically voting to make this event fail or something. If you have a good idea, than present something better than this mediocre template and outvote me, as is proper. What really irritates me as all hell though - is the lack of visible participation and discussion here. Almost the whole day passed without a single argument or vote, I see this lack of interest as nothing short of insulting towards Alf who makes an effort to maintain high speed and quality of his updates.

So let's say that we are both unhappy and move on.

I was letting Daiki come up with this gathering as it was his idea. Now I been pondering what we should do here, but I was thinking maybe some gathering at the hospital to cheer Ka'au up. The issue I have is that he is in the hospital and whatever we do here needs to include him which leads me to thinking its best to have some party there.

And if you are going to go that route, then Remona is the logical choice to help set this up. But would that event draw the rest of the champions? Anyone else have ideas here?
    You do realize that some (most?) of the participants will find the idea to visit their previous competitor, especially in a hospital environment, rather uninspiring, right? We need something to pick their interest
    and treat this as something besides another formal gathering.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 18th, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

Anyway, is Ka'au on life support? Medicated to his gills? Coherent most of the time? Important concerns before attempting something like this.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    The gathering is held so the surviving champions can leave the Island in a good note and let them interact without needing to censor their words. There is going to be no press in attendance so it eliminates the pressure of upholding an image and it can be a time to relax with fellow champions who can relate with one another. When they head back to their countries they will be hounded by reporters and fellow students asking about their experiences and the people who got to the podium will be meeting their ministry representative.
    Where it is held has to accommodate Ka'au and make sure no alcohol is present. The champions can bounce ideas off one another or offer some advice that based on experience they found useful. Each competitor has grown to be a champion of their country by experiencing a lot of hardship and by working hard so talking with fellow peers who can relate and offer insight is a rare event so they should cherish the chance. It doesn't have to be about potions either any subject will do.

We should ask some female champions to help organize the event since they most likely will be more helpful than the guys. Ramona and Sondrel should do along with Luna makes a party of four. Ramona since she's there and is a winner so that can drum up some support for the gathering. Sondrel because she is a lieutenant of the Ravens so she should be able to talk with fellow champions and invite them. She also has experience organizing events so that can be helpful if we decide instead of talking to each champion individually we send some sort of invitation card. Both should work since they are friendly and wouldn't have trouble interacting with the others.
    Lestrange is out since she has to take care of Gabrielle and so Shinji can spend more time with Luna who will have his full attention. If we go by invitation Shinji will have chance to show off his origami skills or someone with advance transfiguration skills can make it.
    Last edited by Dracueri; February 18th, 2019 at 06:16 AM.

Each competitor has grown to be a champion of their country by experiencing a lot of hardship and by working hard so talking with fellow peers who can relate and offer insight is a rare event so they should cherish the chance.
    See, this is the point I don't quite get. Why do you assume that the Champions will behave like that? They finally have some free time to spend however they choose with whoever they want, why would they decide to mingle with the people that have recently were clashing with them - in some cases literally? Like, I can see that they are able to put it behind them, mostly, and behave rationally, but why would they go out of their way to interact again, in a hospital, no less? For fun? For some semblance of comradery? Not every person is a consummate social butterfly. Why would Ramona go to this event instead of reading a good book and relaxing? Why would Lestrange and Sondroi do this instead of enjoying the sights privately? And so on.

The only reason I see is politeness and social expectations, which were fulfilled already during the formal event previously. What now? This situation requires some particular framing to get people to come and stay for longer than 5 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

... Actually, beach party with exotic dancers fits the bill ju-ust right! But can we steal Ka'au from the hospital?

*is shot, repeatedly*

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    They might be curious about the event since it is champions and guest only. Your right we have to flesh out the idea more so it will attract the champions to attend. Where we host it doesn't have to necessary be the hospital unless Ka'au needs to be held there. If not it could be in one of the CAS rooms or the backroom of a restaurant. The event should be capped at somewhere 2-4 hours so people still can do their own thing like you mentioned and would make the champions less hesitate to attend.

Blog Entries
    Organize a light buffet or have a cake (you can ask your newly acquired House Elf maybe) prepared to commemorate the end of the PC.
    Give a speech about international relationships + a (non-alcohol) toast to the surviving champions.
    Have champions play Twister + darts on Mischa's posters.

I'll come with stuff for later, once I'm home.

Have champions play Twister + darts on Mischa's posters.
    Matou Shinji, the Partymaster. But seriously, how many people will be ready to try something like this without (un)healthy amount of alcohol in their veins? Wizards here, guys. Not particularly close to each other too.

I expect something like a favor-based game to be much better received. Make it competitive and... substantial, to appeal to the pride of people like Sondroi and Lestrange. Otherwise the gathering will fall apart before gaining any steam.
    Last edited by Malorius; February 18th, 2019 at 09:48 AM.

[X] Hot Spring Episode Party - Champions and their guest have a small shindig to celebrate being alive at the Hotspring with light food and refreshments. Swimsuits required.

[X] Luna and Remona

C
    ause every story needs a Hot Spring Episode

Mostly this is just setting up a small relaxing social gathering with the champions to celebrate the Potion championship being over and with fairly reduced death toll considering the number of champions. Maybe have some talks about what people plan on doing after the island. I figure that no champion would reject this as a place to go as long as people have bathing outfits then we at least avoid the worst of the Shinji's uncontrolled behavior or Olu's.

As for helpers, really asking Luna for help is always a good idea as the two can plan this event and work together. Remona is more to help gather people since most people get along with her. Between Shinji and Remona, I figure that they will be able to get the other champions on board without too much trouble. And it seems that Ka'au is able to at least go to this as he is released from the hospital talking to Alf but he will be weak. So best not stress him to much with a party. He can just soak in the hot springs to recover.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 19th, 2019 at 01:00 AM.

Swimsuits required.
    >_>

<_<

I approve.

[X] Hot Spring Episode - Champions and their guest have a small shindig to celebrate being alive at the Hotspring with light food and refreshments. Swimsuits required.

[X] Luna and Remona

I still believe that half of Champions will refuse to show up, but the rest will present us a quality fanservice content. Truly, SL has managed to grasp the core essence of anime here.