Page 255 of 299 FirstFirst ... 155205245250253254255256257260265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5975

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    This is a good idea, guys. I have a reliable source.
    I for one, would love to know the name of this source. :P

Still, yes, there are some benefits. Shinji could certainly get more powerful by drinking the blood, perhaps even changing his vessel to be more resilient, to improve his regenerative abilities and such...
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    I'm for something that is likely overkill, but use both, the Saint Quartz and the Command Seal.

This is probably not going to be a popular opinion, but I don't want to take chances. I just want this thing dead and him being whole again would be kinda nice too. While losing his Servant is a shame and I would've liked to see Perseus in action, but having him involved in the Grail War without a Servant is also pretty interesting.

And thus, we lose all our Command Seals to cheat our way into competence. On the span of a one (if briefly discontinued) Dungeon crawl, we had used all our pocket miracles to do some impressive, but not terribly unique stuff. Good thing that Elesa was there to carry us for the most part. (Still waiting for that backstab, btw.)

...This is going to be one hilarious tale to describe to Rin.

Blog Entries
    Becoming a proto dead apostle on steroids would indeed make for a fun tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    I'm for something that is likely overkill, but use both, the Saint Quartz and the Command Seal.
    I guess, it's not such a bad idea considering Shinji's state, yeah. I'll swap my vote for this.

We're losing our precious rocket punch with this but, we need to sacrifice something important to succeed there. (shut up, it's important to me x))
    Last edited by Daiki; December 16th, 2018 at 06:16 AM.

For those still on the verge, the vote will be opened for at least a day more. So you can still present your plans, criticise the current ones and switch around. We decide if Shinji will be a Master in the War, after all, that's pretty important choice with long-term consequences.

Also, damn, that rocket punch would have been sweet.
    Last edited by Malorius; December 16th, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

I would prefer only use the comand seal now.

Well, there are a lot of good reasons to try to preserve Quartz, yes. Like, a desire not to become a puppet. We are bound by geis, we will have to provide Touko with something. On the other hand... Shinji is a head, an arm and a part of torso right now. Maybe a piece of leg too? It will be kind of hard to make use of it. If we don't use the Quartz, we likely will be forced to use part of Command Seal's power on healing, which will lessen the blow.

However, I admit, the picture of half-Shinji/half-machine is pleasing to me.

"Do you even augment, mate?"

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, important question! Alf, how intact is Shinji's... under-the-belt equipment right now? That's not something that can be truly replaced. I think?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Wait, important question! Alf, how intact is Shinji's... under-the-belt equipment right now? That's not something that can be truly replaced. I think?
    Irrelevant. Touko can make prosthetics that function just like the real thing, so real even the world can't tell it apart.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Irrelevant. Touko can make prosthetics that function just like the real thing, so real even the world can't tell it apart.
    Yes but given that Rin is her current victim...ah helper, do you really want Rin helping craft that for Shinji?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Yes but given that Rin is her current victim...ah helper, do you really want Rin helping craft that for Shinji?
    That would be the exact opposite of augmentation. Remember, Rin thinks the normal size is...about an inch?

...THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

*Panic intensifies*

*Sigh

Ok fine I can respect your logic at least Malgos so I guess I will at least compermise here and go with your vote if we MUST use the Command Seal here. Even if throwing now all of these resources at this foe (even if he is a super foe) feels so wrong and makes the value of PoAP feel useless when it can't handle the issue. But if something going to make PoAP not enough it would be this fight.

[X] Use both the Command Seal and the Saint Quartz

I hope you all do not regret this choice at a later date...

Et tu, Skull Leader? Man, it's hard to be conservative and cautious among you, guys. Such passion, such drive to be a Hero of Justice! Kiritsugu would have been so proud~

But I'll stay controversial, I think.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    I hope you all do not regret this choice at a later date...
    Well I know I won't regret it, since it makes the story pretty interesting with him dropping out of the Grail War already. Makes me dread the upcoming War even more, but in a good way. With the things stacked against the main character like this it will surely be something else. That being said I do hope the price won't be too much to pay like Heaven's Feel normal.

That being said it's just my choice so if someone prefers min-maxing then by all means just go for the Saint Quartz. I'm just not too thrilled to think about his broken body and that there's still a chance for that monster to win. That and Sion wouldn't want this abomination to live either. Although I'm sure she didn't really expect him to do all this when she asked him to do his best. Overdoing it as usual.

Et tu, Skull Leader? Man, it's hard to be conservative and cautious among you, guys. Such passion, such drive to be a Hero of Justice! Kiritsugu would have been so proud~
    I do like me some Shirou and since he's somewhat off that path we just need a new one, right? Just kidding, I'm not quite aiming for that but his goal is the director of Atlas so gotta overdo his part for humanity. In the future he/we should probably tone it down though, Sion already lost enough people dear to her.
    Last edited by Malgos; December 16th, 2018 at 04:50 PM.

Tone down? When we actually become part of Atlas? Um, I don't think we have the same expectations from our experience in that place.

For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead~

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Tone down? When we actually become part of Atlas? Um, I don't think we have the same expectations from our experience in that place.

For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead~
    I just meant in general. Not when or if he joins Atlas. Having someone unattached yet still loyal can be good as well. Even then, I think coming back alive would be pretty beneficial either way. I'm still surprised that he choose to go drinking since he hated his father and he did a lot of that - also didn't really know the meaning of that choice and I would've rather not found out given what happened.

Ok.
    Change to:

[X] Use both the Command Seal and the Saint Quart

Just end bthis vote.
    I need to know what happen next.

I am inclined to think we are fucking things up in the long term with this Shiro-like choice. Really. Let's hope we can salvage something form the old man that can even start to make up for the Saint Quartz we are expending, or even our command seals that we are giving up.

But, as i am a noob when it comes to nasuverse things, gotta trust your judgement (or not). So:

[X] Use both the Command Seal and the Saint Quartz

I am afraid, you are in for disappointment, @EmperorBR. What we will get won't cover the opportunity cost this sacrifice is worth for us. What's worse, it leaves us practically depleted before the final Trial.

Let's just hope that the Courage doesn't equal "combat might" (since it will kinda make the previous one redundant - yet Insight still required fighting, so...), and we will be able to reach the main prize.

Blog Entries
    I'm not opting for a complete run of the temple at this point. And you probably shouldn't either.

Even if Shinji had all his CS and tools available - and somehow had the actual might to win - he would still be unable to defeat the final boss. That's just not happening.

Because even without the fear element playing in to this, it would be way too hard on an emotional level.