Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196201204205206
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4110

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    Also I strongly dislike things like Geass on very basic level, so there is that.
    I am not a huge fan of their use myself, or really life debts in general that are enforced. But in this case I think its somewhat justified. But you are totally right, Elesa if she takes him with her has to deal with Shinji and his wonderful nature and she not going to fully enjoy that. She does however needs something to prove that Shinji is not just blowing smoke at her and can man up to what he is saying.

Another way to look at this choice to me is not the whole what option gives Shinji (us) the best possible outcome with the least number of risks, but to think of this as Shinji paying his debt to her. If their is one thing I think I have noticed over this course with Shinji is that he really does pay his debts. Heck you can argue that everything he does for Sion is him paying the debt he feels he owes her. We do owe a debt to her and another one to Touko and this way we maybe can cover both in one stroke.

Or maybe Shinji just racks up debt after debt with her as he Elesa learns the joy of Shinji the way that early Ayaka saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    I don't think you'll need to state anything about Touko's artifact since it will likely be in the temple too, but if you really want to be sure, why not.
    Yeah I been going back and forth on to have it in or not. I can see it being important or being something that raises an alarm in her mind when he really does not want to say why.

As for your ideas Daiki on support, I can get behind them, thought I am not sure Lestrange needs a knife. And giving her the recipe for Shinji's fading is kinda necessary all ready if Shinji going to get her to help improve it. Fading potion dose certainly could help her. Maybe giving her some notes about eastern herbs to use while he is gone with Elesa. The sunlight potion might help her but I am leering of handing her if we are going to go adventuring in some dark hole.

We could give her the ring of fireballs...oh wait never mind no rings to her. No one would ever let that go with Shinji giving her an ring.

Ok rewrite time for Lestrange's write in. Anything more people want to add/change in this? I am not sure we need to give a large amount of resources to her, she has her own. But if Shinji is going to go off with Elesa we need to at least hand/help her some stuff to at least give some aid before Shinji can really help her in the field.

[] Full disclosure of Shinji abilities. Lay all his cards on the table including his fading potion, so that she has a better idea how he might help or request his help in the future. Inform her that he owes the American champion a favor and that he and she will explore some of the ruins of the island, so he might be occupied doing that. But afterwards, he plans on helping her full time. Give her a dozen Flow Ofuda. Give her some notes he has on useful eastern plants for her to find. Give her a dose of his Fading Potion.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; Today at 02:03 AM.

Guys, if you are so dedicated to temporarily enslaving Shinji, at least include Touko's artifact hunt and help to Lestrange as an additional condition for limited free action in the wording.

I really hope that we will not find out later something like "Too bad, you didn't check the fulfillment condition, now you are bound for life. Also, you have no right to defend yourself against her because wording. Have fun with that!"

Just... Magical oaths. Seriously.

I cannot comment on the amount of resources you dedicate to helping Rachelle because I don't know how much we currently have, Skull Leader. But something tells me that giving so much both Flow and Fading while we don't have Fusion is very bad for our survivability...

There is a matter of "keeping up" with Elesa, after all.
    Last edited by Malorius; Today at 03:09 AM.

Don't have fusion...ah we have a week for Zelkova to recover. I am sure he not going to wake up the first day but give it time. I doubt we are going to be without fusion for long. At least not until some other horrible thing messes with the duo again. But I guess you have a valid point in that we can not just assume recovery, even if its likely to happen.

While a number he can make in time is hard to guess because he does have other stuff that he is doing that might effect how many he makes. So keep in mind that anything we do until the event starts might effect the final amount. On the other hand, I personally do not want everyone to go, we do nothing else so that we can Max the number.

But do remember that this upcoming 'adventure' is like weeks long and that Elesa is not about to say Shinji do not make more of that thing that makes you useful. Ofuda is limited yes but its not as tight as say the fading potion doses are. Hence why I wanted to give only one dose to her. But even that might mean we have only one or two uses left unless we are able to remake the stuff.

But do keep in mind if you share a bit of your resources that she might in turn share something of hers. Equivalent Exchange and all that.

And yes keeping up with Elesa (or Ayaka had we tried her) is a bit of a concern, I think for everyone.

[x] Say that a verbal agreement should be enough

Like, you do remember that almost the same situation with geas lead to bad end in Heaven's Feel?

Adventuring is much less fun when you are contractually obligated to do it. Or else.

Well, in hopes of the option with reasonable cowardice winning, I am willing to fully commit to helping Lestrange. Maybe she will be willing to reciprocate but I'll not hold my breath.

[X] Full disclosure of Shinji abilities. Lay all his cards on the table including his fading potion, so that she has a better idea how he might help or request his help in the future. Inform her that he owes the American champion a favor and that he and she will explore some of the ruins of the island, so he might be occupied doing that. But afterwards, he plans on helping her full time. Give her a dozen Flow Ofuda. Give her some notes he has on useful eastern plants for her to find. Give her a dose of his Fading Potion.

On the other hand, if this option goes together with Geis, then we are shooting Shinji in the foot so hard - people on the other side of the Earth will feel the shockwaves.

By the way, the last time we were so helpful, the girl decided Shinji had wanted to marry her. I hope your body is ready.
    Last edited by Malorius; Today at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    [x] Full disclosure of Shinji abilities. Lay all his cards on the table including his fading potion, so that she has a better idea how he might help or request his help in the future. Inform her that he owes the American champion a favor and that he and she will explore some of the ruins of the island, so he might be occupied doing that. But afterwards, he plans on helping her full time. Give her a dozen Flow Ofuda. Give her some notes he has on useful eastern plants for her to find. Give her a dose of his Fading Potion.

Definitely keep sunlight phial for ourselves.

I hope your body is ready.
    I think Shinji's been ready for half a year or so.
    Last edited by Daiki; Today at 09:50 AM.

Unfortunately, that's not what I was talking about. More like, "are you ready for another heart-breaking scene where young maiden finds out that her feelings will never be truly appreciated and her shining knight is already committed, mind, body and soul?"

Although, admittedly, Alf is good in that kind of stuff, so I won't mind overmuch.

On the subject of waifubaiting, are there pictures for any of the numerous OCs somewhere in the thread(s)?
    Last edited by Malorius; Today at 10:59 AM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No pictures per se, but you can think of Lestrange as bearing more than a passing resemblance to Weiss Schnee (mixed with a hint of Saber Alter), Sondrol as looking rather like Pyrrha Nikos, and Elesa as resembling Terra Branford of FF6.

I will also mention that Lestrange is not interested in Shinji in that manner. Now, perhaps if he was a girl...
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; Today at 11:31 AM.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Elesa as resembling Terra Branford of FF6.
    Is that before or after the esper transformation?

Oh god its both isn't it...she has a familiar after all. Right, not that this is surprising, but please do not piss off berserk Esper form Elesa.

And now I know why Elesa can not die, she only gets 'injured' cause Nintendo rules on death.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; Today at 12:04 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    Oh god its both isn't it...she has a familiar after all. Right, not that this is surprising, but please do not piss off berserk Esper form Elesa.
    Berserk Esper form? Well, she does have an alternate form, where her body glows with inner light and is wreathed in azure lightning. Refer to Shinji's dream in Chapter 67: Ominous Visions.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; Today at 01:11 PM.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine