Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276281284285286
Results 5,701 to 5,706 of 5706

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

JP Friend Code
    [X] Relax in the hot spring (invite Luna)

There may be an interesting encounter. If not, Shinji gets a nice moment of (desperately needed) relaxation and quiet before his gathering, alone or with his partner.

[X] Talk to the Press

This is the last time in a good while we get to speak to international journalists, might as well take the chance to clear some things up now that we're a bit more focused.

[x] Organize a last, private (away from the press), toast / gathering - inviting the surviving champions and their guests to rekindle the spirit of friendship and fair competition.

As long as Shinji doesn't drink a drop and he gets to talk with each of the champions (and some of their guests), it's fine. This also eliminates the need to go looking for Gabs and Lestrange, and having all remaining champions together in a casual mood does sound like something that might help cheer Ka'au a bit. Also Shinji gets to spend a bit more time with Luna in a nice enough setting before all of tomorrow's craziness.

So, no comments about Illuminati outfits projecting pseudo-digital interfaces straight into your eye/mind in 1995? Most people still worked with DOS at that point, come on. I won't even touch the parts involving mage-/witchcraft necessary to actualize that.

Anyway, as cool as that outfit is, we need to make an effort to not wear it in the vicinity of classified Atlas stuff. Obviously, never wearing it in Sion's presence.

This equipment is much more convoluted than I expected, it seems.
    Last edited by Malorius; Yesterday at 03:28 AM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    So, no comments about Illuminati outfits projecting pseudo-digital interfaces straight into your eye/mind in 1995? Most people still worked with DOS at that point, come on. I won't even touch the parts involving mage-/witchcraft necessary to actualize that.
    While this is true for most people, Xerox did have a workstation which was quite sophisticated for its time (1973), given that it had things like windows, icons, ethernet based networks, networked print services, etc. And they did give a few to the Department of Defense, among others...

I will note that this kind of interface projection (and neural interfacing) isn't unknown, with the Grail War having incorporated such things for a couple centuries now. Recall that Masters in the Holy Grail War get something in their mind to keep track of their Servant's status, as well as record information about others they've encountered. For Shirou, this takes the form of the status screen you see in FSN, which suggests he likes playing RPGs, though for someone like Rin, she sees a book with pages, suitable for her experience.

If you really think about it, magic crests aren't that dissimilar in how they provide someone who has had them implanted with the ability to use certain spells and techniques they've never really learned, as these grafted circuits function as essentially a secondary computational organ, in which various techniques (programs) have been installed.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

So is it a case of subconscious adjustment to Shinji's expectations - which bears the question of his experience with such interface - or is it the Glorious American OS? Combination of both works, I guess.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    So is it a case of subconscious adjustment to Shinji's expectations - which bears the question of his experience with such interface - or is it the Glorious American OS? Combination of both works, I guess.
    Glorious American OS + a bit of expectation shift from the bit of First Age information in his head and the haptic display of the terminals in the temple.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Glorious American OSIt should henceforth be named Glam OS, as I am sure it is very glamorous. And nothing is more american than to have it share its name with a type of rock music.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; Yesterday at 07:59 PM.