Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 136186226231234235236
Results 4,701 to 4,713 of 4713

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

  1. #4701
    If shinji does not know them, there are lesser spell versions of the spell. There is like a 1st or 2nd water creating spell. But this Shinji was ahead of his grade level when it came to charms, he should know them.

    Yin idea is good. Modify time!

    [X] Fight to the artifact. Cast Aqua Eructo and then unleashed his water ofuda so that they have water to draw from. Follow up with the ice attack Glacius Tria. Pour Yin into the attack. Try to focus the opening attacks onto one Golem to take it out ASAP. From that point, use Shinji's speed to keep kiting the golem(s) while striking with his yin charged scythe and keeping up his water/ice attacks while absorbing fire attacks with scythe.

    Edit: So there is another plan Daiki and me talked about on IRC. Which foregos trying to fight the golem in favor of trying to rush to the articate in the hopes that getting it will reset system and cause the monsters to deaggro.

    [x] Use the Fade Potion to get passed the Golems and reach the artifact.

    I will go with this simpler plan. Worst case we die and then try the other plan. But if it works, then we keep Elesa from getting more ticked by continuing to fight the Jinns any longer than she has to.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; September 13th, 2018 at 07:07 PM.

  2. #4702
    ...Yeah, let's go with that.

    - [x] Use the Fade Potion to get past the Golems and reach the artifact.
    - [x] Be ready to drop Fading and switch to Skull Leader's plan as soon as you grab it.


    Elesa sounded pretty urgent about the trinket. Or was it the exertion of protecting us? Anyway, it will likely turn to battle the second Shinji touches the thing, so preparation is in order, to save us another vote if nothing else.

    We are more vulnerable to spiritual beings in that state too.

  3. #4703
    Are you alive, Alf? Everything alright?

  4. #4704
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,562
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 395: [x] Use the Fade Potion to get past the Golems and reach the artifact.
    - [x] Be ready to drop Fading and switch to Skull Leader's plan as soon as you grab it.




    Choice 396: When desperate, one tends to not have many good options at hand. At least nothing that comes to mind. All one can do is try to make the best of things, to go with what little one knows might work and hope that it does. Such was the situation that Matou Shinji found himself in, as he was caught between a pursuing tide of Jinn which would probably catch up to him if he tarried too long, and two massive golems wrought of molten lava that blocked his path.

    'Fuck. This is bad. Really bad.'

    And then things got worse, as the golden sphere of light that had shielded him from the worst of the maze fizzled out. Did that mean...? Had Elesa...?

    'The artifact,'
    he told himself, clutching at the last thing she had said to him. 'She mentioned the artifact.'

    ...he wasn't sure exactly what this artifact was or what he was supposed to do with it, but if he was right, it was probably whatever was sitting on the altar, being protected by the golems.

    So far they hadn't noticed him yet.

    Maybe he would sneak past them, go to the opening in the wall of flame and try to reach the exit?

    No...there were probably Jinn there too.

    'So I have to fight.'

    ...unless...what if he used the Elixir of Fading? Tried to reach the artifact in spiritual form to avoid the golems?

    'Well, the Jinn can still kill me, but...' There had to be a reason Elesa had mentioned the artifact. Maybe it was some kind of control rod that would let him gain the golems as allies? 'No. I wouldn't be that lucky.' Maybe it would make him invisible to Jinn or impervious to flame? It could do anything, and Matou Shinji was willing to admit that he was no magical archaeologist or alchemist trained in deciphering puzzles.

    Even so, he couldn't stand around, so swallowing down what trepidation he felt, the boy proceeded to drink the potion, feeling minimally more encouraged when he shifted out of physical form and headed towards the altar, with the golems not even sensing him.

    'It worked!' he thought in exultation, only...as he moved over the platform around the altar, it seemed he wasn't safe after all, as runes flared brightly, with the air seeming to thicken around his spiritual form, locking him in place. 'Oh god. Oh god...'

    He could revert to physical form, but if he was right...the golems would immediately move to intercept him, and as little room as he had, they could probably crush him before he went too far.

    On the other hand...the artifact was within reach, if he lunged. It was some kind of tablet that was set into the altar, on the side of which was a sharp edge and a depression probably meant for blood.

    What does Shinji do?

    [ ] Go physical and drink Liquid Luck - it's his only way out of this
    [ ] Go physical, de-fuse, try to have Zelkova kite the golems while he goes for the artifact
    [ ] Go physical, fight the golems - unless he beats them, he won't be able to figure out the artifact.
    [ ] Go physical, de-fuse, keep the golems distracted while Zelkova tries to figure out the artifact
    [ ] Go physical and run for it - forget the artifact, he'll take his chances with what's in the maze ahead
    [ ] (write-in)
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  5. #4705
    Good to see that my fears are unfounded.

    (Discarding non-genre-savvy "Sure, run away from giant robots, Shinji" vote from the start.)

    Zelkova is prone to instant KO against so much fire, yet...

    [x] Go physical, de-fuse, try to have Zelkova kite the golems while he goes for the artifact

    ...Yet he can fly now. We can use it to get a bit of time.

    Spill some blood, grab the tablet, Fuse again, go full Super Sayan, as planned(if needed). Felix Felicis looks increasingly more attractive, but we have to spare at least some resources here. Much more dangerous things await ahead, and FF has diminishing returns.

    No pretense though, it's risky as hell. We don't know the prioritization of the Jinn (I think that they will target prana-rich spell-throwing target instead of Shinji) and can die fast with our squishy Wizard body. But the payoff is solid and fast. That's the option of quick win or quick death.

    But all others (except FF, obviously) look even less solid to me, tbh.
    Last edited by Malorius; September 15th, 2018 at 12:10 PM.

  6. #4706
    A slight modification because I think it's probably best to save what time you can;

    Write in; [x] Go physical & de-fuse. Give Zelkova flow ofuda to carry. Then, keep the golems distracted while Zelkova tries to figure out the artifact. Once Zelkova has completed his task, have Shinji flow-walk to him and activate the device.

    Have Zelkova check the area around the artifact while Shinji is aggro'ing. Once Zelkova is done figuring out the artifact, Shinji will teleport and activate it (no matter if it asks for blood or whatever). Since we don't have Elesa's protection anymore we are likely on a timer here, though I expect water and ice (SL plan) to somewhat mitigate the worst of it until we can clear the level.

    We're clearly not getting out of this mess unscathed (good thing there are healing pools between floors) but taking risks is just what we will have to do if we want to overcome the different floors anyway.

  7. #4707
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Malgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,635
    JP Friend Code
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Write in; [x] Go physical & de-fuse. Give Zelkova flow ofuda to carry. Then, keep the golems distracted while Zelkova tries to figure out the artifact. Once Zelkova has completed his task, have Shinji flow-walk to him and activate the device.
    .

  8. #4708
    No trust to Shinji's cognitive ability, I see. I approve, of course, but the only thing that is to be "figured out" here is how much blood is to be spilled on the thing.

    Pattern recognition, you know?

  9. #4709
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    590
    Write in; [x] Go physical & de-fuse. Give Zelkova flow ofuda to carry. Then, keep the golems distracted while Zelkova tries to figure out the artifact. Once Zelkova has completed his task, have Shinji flow-walk to him and activate the device.

  10. #4710
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,562
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 396: [x] Go physical & de-fuse. Give Zelkova flow ofuda to carry. Then, keep the golems distracted while Zelkova tries to figure out the artifact. Once Zelkova has completed his task, have Shinji flow-walk to him and activate the device.




    Choice 397: It was clear what he had to do. He had to get to the artifact somehow - he didn't know for sure, but he suspected that it was key to being able to get through this maze alive. Why else would it be guarded by two massive golems of lava? And since the golems were made of lava - which hadn't cooled, somehow - it probably wasn't a good idea to have Zelkova fight them.

    Possibly he could fight them in fusion, but if he did...he wouldn't be getting the artifact.

    '...ugh...'

    He didn't really want to fight those hulking monstrosities, as he was rather...squishy, compared to molten rock, but what he wanted usually had little relation to reality.

    'So be it then.'He would fight.

    Thinking quickly, he reverted to his physical form and de-fused, the golems noticing his presence immediately as he did so. The trouble was, Zelkova had to take physical form for this, which meant that they would notice the kodama too, since Zelkova was closer to the artifact, unless...

    "Hey, your target is over here!" he shouted, unleashing a number of ofuda, while using casting glacius from his wand - with supercold air rushing forth towards the golems in an attempt to cool them down/solidify them. It worked - for a few seconds, with some patches of stone on one of them growing darker, more solid...before the effect undid itself.

    'Core? The golems have some kind of core?'

    It had to be. It made sense too, as they weren't simply animated by a soul or a force - there was something in them that supplied them with commands and magical energy, the equivalent of a brain in any living organism. If he could destroy or disable it, then he thought they'd stop...

    'But where is it?'

    ...
    that was the question, but one he didn't have much time to answer as they attacked, unleashing a gout of molten stone at him, which he could only dodge.

    'Shit, this isn't fire!'

    Fire he could block - absorb even. Lava...not so much.

    What's the plan?

    [ ] (write-in)
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  11. #4711
    [] Ignobly die like a side character you are.

    We really need to pick up the pace. Some fights must be resolved without our input by now.

  12. #4712
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,562
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    No need to worry. After this choice is resolved, we're moving on one way or another.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

  13. #4713
    [X] Play a defensive game. Block lava attacks with an earthen small wall, made by earth ofuda. Then either flow behind the backs of the golems (or just run there with his speed), above all else do not allow himself to get pincer by the golems. Aggro them with an ice attack. And repeat until Zelkova is done or needs Shinji to help him complete his task.

    This is the best I got people without simply bowing down and taking Luck. Shinji does not really have a way to fight them at the moment. So don't bother throwing huge amount of attacks at it, but focus on blocking with earth walls and doing enough attacks to continue to aggro them to buy Zelkova some time. The back attack serves no really point other than waste their time trying to turn around. If that is not feesible, no big lost as long as shinji tries to keep them together and focused on him rather than trying to pincer him.

    I am not going to get close enough to melee these things. I had thought about using Fading potion to find there core and then drop something in them to destroy them but Zelkova would have their fire at that point since Shinji can't aggro them while Faded.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •