Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135140143144145
Results 2,881 to 2,884 of 2884

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    We want to engage the most people when sitting at their table. And it gives us decent ground to discuss personal skills. Especially after we displayed some of ours during the prelims.
    Except for the small problem that Animagus is a very sore point between Uagadou and Hogwart. It is a landmine issue between the two that I am not sure that Shinji is ready to handle correctly. The African school has had a rise in power since the death of Dumbledore and Shinji no matter his popularity still the rep for Hogwarts and Britain. This topic I think does not lead down Shinji in a favorable light. Also a talk about animagus would quick reveal how little Shinji himself understands transfiguration, his most tanked subject. On the other hand, talking about Harry does bring up the point that Shinji bested him to become the Champion no matter what the homefront might want.

[X] Apologize to Ka'aukai Kapule about the navigation incident once again

Actually, this topic has the potential to draw in the Brazilian as a side bonus beyond peaking the interest of the others at the table on why Shinji meet Ka'aukai before. It likely to bring up Luna as she was there with Shinji at the time, and there is the side fact that Luna also visited Brazil this last summer in the same trip, if I remember things correctly.

We need to focus on a few important side goals beyond just trying to do our best and making the best new potion we can. Shinji needs to focus on his international image, as his British one is trash at the current state of things. He also needs to explain current Britain to the rest of the champions at the same time distancing himself as not being made from the same cloth as the British. Once we do that I hope we can move towards the direction of seeking allies, likely in the Ayaka-Elesa direction. The key is that Shinji needs to not be labeled as the embodiment of the Hogwarts for others to take their issues out on Shinji. At the same time we need also not just be labeled as Japan's runner up that got lucky in taking up Hogwarts slot.

The international world is watching Shinji, hopefully we can not piss off the world like we did Hogwarts. Well the ones that are not beyond our ability to influence.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; Yesterday at 11:52 AM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    The African school has had a rise in power since the death of Dumbledore and Shinji no matter his popularity still the rep for Hogwarts and Britain.
    The current Supreme Mugwump of the ICW is indeed an alumnus of Uagadou. And yes, a representative of Britain (Adrian Tutley) did indeed lodge a formal complaint against Uagadou with the ICW, claiming that their practice of teaching fourteen year olds this art was nothing short of reckless, demanding that the school be censured and its curriculum reviewed to bring it in line with the mores and standards of civilized society.

...of course, the formal complaint was also rather quickly dismissed, which the Supreme Mugwump being an Uagadou alumnus may or may have helped.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    It is a landmine issue between the two that I am not sure that Shinji is ready to handle correctly. The African school has had a rise in power since the death of Dumbledore and Shinji no matter his popularity still the rep for Hogwarts and Britain. This topic I think does not lead down Shinji in a favorable light.
    It is a perfect opportunity for Shinji to state that he does not resonate with the will of Magical Britain. If one of them is even remotely aware of his public image among Britain citizens, it would be easy to confirm that. As a foreigner who refused citizenship, he can even express his sincere views about them. He might be a representative but he has his own reasons to participate. I'm fine with revealing his true motivation if that helps.

Whatever unfavorable light is cast during the dinner about his opinion, will not matter because the press is forbidden from entering the diner area, which was set for the champions' privacy.

And before anyone thinks that one of these guys will report what Shinji said, please consider Britain's foreign policy and current reputation. Unless it was the Russian guy who might have a personal grudge towards Shinji, I would say there is little risk of a leak. And even if Slughorn would hear of it, it matters not what Shinji says because he will attempt to dirty Shinji's image futher anyway.

Also a talk about animagus would quick reveal how little Shinji himself understands transfiguration, his most tanked subject.
    It is fine. Nobody will care that much about his lack of skill in this domain because it is not an overly essential skill for the Championship. In fact, it might allow us to suggest that pairing with someone gifted in this domain would cover our weakness and thus would be as a valuable ally for Shinji.

Don't forget that to the other champions, Shinji is younger and, as such, is expected to be less experimented. I doubt anyone would assume him to excel in each magical branch. We simply need to appeal to what they are lacking or looking for. As long as we can offer decent compensation or valuable skills, there should be room for negotiation.

We need to focus on a few important side goals beyond just trying to do our best and making the best new potion we can. Shinji needs to focus on his international image, as his British one is trash at the current state of things.
    Yes, we need to think on long term basis indeed, but it would be a mistake to overlook the many shortcomings Shinji has right now.

The big three have a reputation to defend. The upstarts need to make this participation count.

Even if we were on an equal level of preparation and skill, we still would not be warranted to survive the first task. Let alone grasp victory.

If we are to secure a future for him, we need to make each choice count. There won't be that many occasions to interact with the other parties before we are thrown in the Isle proper.

He also needs to explain current Britain to the rest of the champions at the same time distancing himself as not being made from the same cloth as the British. Once we do that I hope we can move towards the direction of seeking allies, likely in the Ayaka-Elesa direction. The key is that Shinji needs to not be labeled as the embodiment of the Hogwarts for others to take their issues out on Shinji.
    We can do that by selecting the option I suggested. It is the perfect opportunity if one of them bring up the topic of Magical Britain.

At the same time we need also not just be labeled as Japan's runner up that got lucky in taking up Hogwarts slot.
    I doubt we can convince people of that the moment we are dismissing Britain. It would most likely take time to build trust anyway.

As I said, we could be simply honest and tell them that we are honoring a promise made to a friend. It would make us appear as a neutral party without political motivation.

The international world is watching Shinji, hopefully we can not piss off the world like we did Hogwarts. Well the ones that are not beyond our ability to influence.
    Yes, I don't think what I suggest calls for soiling his international image here. On the contrary.
    Last edited by Daiki; Yesterday at 03:01 PM.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just a note, remember how you all voted to mentally shout at Tomas for a meeting ? Let's hope he doesn't think you stood him up.

Either way, since Shinji did not show for dinner, Tomas will be dining with an old acquaintance, though he won't admit to knowing the man. There are few enough on the island that it could seem a coincidence - or simple curiosity - for a representative of the Centre for Alchemical Studies to sit down with the Special Correspondent from the Daily Prophet.

Of course, Horace Slughorn remembers Tom Riddle quite clearly - and knows how he helped make the man what he was, so he bears no small amount of guilt and fear regarding Britain's Wizarding War.

And when a ghost of the past invites himself to dinner, well, let's just say he gets the shock of a lifetime.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; Today at 09:09 AM.
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine